What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you eat the same thing every single day for at least one meal the rest of your life? (1 Viewer)

Could you eat the same food item every single day the rest of your life? (See qualifiers in OP)

• Yes (if yes, please identify the food item below)

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
If the question was "could I?"........sure (depending on the incentive).

But the question is "would I?" (like Kiper apparently chooses with no incentive whatsoever other than he likes it). So, no.

If given the proper incentive (and taking any sort of logistics or health challenges out of the mix), the easy choice for me would be an egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel for breakfast. Salt and pepper, just a TINY bit of ketchup for a little moistness. Glass of OJ to drink. Its not my favorite food in the world (or even my favorite breakfast food) but for me, breakfast is probably the meal I care about the least (in terms of variety). And I think I'd do better eating that every day compared to something like pancakes or french toast.

Yea easy, I pretty much do it now, PBJ sammich for lunch. I have one sitting on my desk as I type.

My son has had PB&Js with goldfish crackers or chips for 99% of his lunches for the past 4-5 years now. And chicken nuggets & fries for dinner for about the same amount of time.

He'll occasionally get a grilled cheese and there will be from time to time something along with the meal like a hard-boiled egg, fruit, or piece of American cheese. But he's pretty much stuck to those two meals for the better part of half his life.

Doctor says that he's getting his vitamins/minerals and he's (generally) at a healthy weight so there's nothing to fret about quite yet. We are going to take him to an occupational therapist, though. He's got food issues.

No for me.

The one food I never get sick of, no matter how many I eat, is raspberries. But that's not really a meal. I could do breakfast cereal with raspberries every morning for the rest of my life, but only if I was able to switch up the cereal every couple days.

Saying "tacos" is like generically saying "pie." In other words, there's a wide variety of tacos like there are varieties of pie.

What specific type of taco would you eat daily for the rest of your life?

But I’d never do it - I like too many things to stick to just one. But for the right incentive I absolutely could do it.

Saying "tacos" is like generically saying "pie." In other words, there's a wide variety of tacos like there are varieties of pie.

What specific type of taco would you eat daily for the rest of your life?
There's a good joke here, but I'd get banned in 5 minutes. Carry on.
I've also had similar conversations with buddies about having the same something everyday for the rest of one's life and have resisted drawing that parallel to this thread.

Sure, and I do that now. I've eaten the same brand of protein bar every day for breakfast for years and years now. I don't see any reason why I would change that.

Sure, and I do that now. I've eaten the same brand of protein bar every day for breakfast for years and years now. I don't see any reason why I would change that.
Same flavor, too??
No, different flavors.
That seems a bit more understandable to me.

I went probably 3-4 months where I had a Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar for breakfast pretty close to daily. But, I got tired of them (I don't dislike them, but I stopped seeking them out). Switched over to the peanut butter Perfect bars but I can't do them daily and have now begun to prefer the peanut butter with dark chocolate.

I still am flummoxed at somebody who can eat the same food item daily for a lengthy period of time.

If I'm left to my own devices, I make myself English muffin pizzas every single time. This probably does take into account some of the exclusions you don't want to be considering (ease, cost, nutrition?) But it is all those things and so simple and tasty. Breakfast sandwiches fall close to the same area for me. Cheap, easy to make, relatively easy to keep as a ~500 calorie, fairly balanced nutritionally depending on toppings and very tasty.

Though under my parameters it would probably have to be the same roll (e.g. Philadelphia roll) or same Nigiri combination
Yeah, I had this in mind when I posted. It would likely be an inside-out roll (rice on the outside) with skin-on salmon, avocado, and cucumber.

Reactions: Zow
Same flavor, too??
No, different flavors.
That seems a bit more understandable to me.

I went probably 3-4 months where I had a Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar for breakfast pretty close to daily. But, I got tired of them (I don't dislike them, but I stopped seeking them out). Switched over to the peanut butter Perfect bars but I can't do them daily and have now begun to prefer the peanut butter with dark chocolate.

I still am flummoxed at somebody who can eat the same food item daily for a lengthy period of time.

Total guess here but I would think that folks who do eat the same thing every day frequently are generally speaking a little healthier than those that don't. My reasoning is that those folks see food as fuel and not as much something to get max enjoyment out of.

So I was listening to a NFL draft podcast on my morning jog this morning and learned that Mel Kiper, Jr., amongst other bizarre dietary habits such as eating mashed potatoes on pizza after removing the cheese, eats pumpkin pie every single day. Apparently, Mel does this daily by eating just the filling (not the crust) with a massive amount of whipped cream.

Upon hearing the above, after getting over my initial disgust at Mel it got me thinking whether there's an actual food item I could eat once a day and enjoy. After this thought basically dominating the remainder of my run, I still could not decide. I love things like a well-made Wagyu ribeye or filet, a cheesesteak from Angelo's, pizza for Pizzeria Bianco or something similar, a couple of Thai dishes from Lotus of Siam, and this absolutely amazing skirt steak prepared by this New Mexican restaurant in Mesa, AZ - but all of those things are so filling that I actually don't think I could eat them daily. The only food item I could come up with that is both delicious enough and light enough to consume for one meal daily is something called a "sushi burrito" from my favorite sushi place in Vegas as I could see myself eating that for lunch daily for a long time. I also think there's this sea bass dish prepared by this New Mexican restaurant in Sedona that I could eat daily. But, even then, I do think both would get old after awhile.

So, I put this to the board - could you do something similar to Mel Kiper and eat the same food item daily?? I think he's nuts but want to gauge others' reactions to his dietary quirks. I will say in my own life one of my son's classmates eats the same microwavable dinosaur chicken nuggets for dinner every single day but, well, he's 6 years old and I assume will grow out of this by adulthood. Put differently, I am shocked a functioning adult with money to spend on food variety like Mel exists who purposely chooses to eat the same thing daily.

Please vote with the following qualifiers in mind:
1. This is the same food "item." What I mean by that is that, much like his pumpkin pie, it must be a specific food item such "cheese pizza," "ribeye steak," pasta with tomato sauce and meatballs," etc. In other words, your answer cannot be eating a geographical collection of food (e.g. Chinese food, Italian food, Mexican food, tacos, etc.) that offers variety. Additionally, you cannot say that you'd eat at the same restaurant (e.g. "I'd eat at Ruth's Chris every day") as, again, that offers you variety. It must be the same food item.
2. The above qualifier notwithstanding, the food item may be prepared by different restaurants or chefs. For example, if you choose cheese pizza, you can assume you can get cheese pizza from homemade to Little Caesar's to Sally's Apizza or John's on Bleeker or whatever. But, it must always be cheese pizza (i.e. you can't switch it up to a BBQ chicken pizza or some such that offers variety).
3. You are not to consider dietary impact. In other words, this poll is truly based on taste and I don't want answers such as "well, I could truly eat a cheesesteak daily but because of the negative health impact I won't." Assume you will live your normal lifespan regardless of whether you eat this item daily.
4. Similarly, you are not to consider cost or logistics. Assume that, should you choose some unique dish served only in China or whatever that you were lucky to have once, that it's both logistically possible and affordable to have it served to you daily.
5. This one food item requirement can be had once per day but it must be significant enough to be one of your primary meals. What this means, for example, is that should you choose a breakfast item (e.g. pancakes), you are not required to eat pancakes for lunch and dinner. But, your answer cannot be something that does not constitute a significant food intake such as "I could eat a snack size bag of pistachios everyday." My goal with this poll is to stay within Kiper's apparent parameters of eating a significant sized piece of pumpkin pie daily (which, let's be honest, probably has enough calories to constitute a meal).
6. You must eat this item daily for the rest of your life and you should assume you have at least five (5) more years to live - meaning you will eat this item for at least the next 1,825 days.
7. You much actually truly believe you will still enjoy to happily tolerate the food. In other words, "can" (or "could") is more loosely defined in this poll as, obviously, anybody can eat just about anything put in front of them daily if it's the only option (e.g. prisoners) but they do not enjoy it. Mel actually still enjoys pumpkin pie.

OKAY, THE TL;DR QUESTION IS: ARE YOU LIKE MEL KIPER, JR. WHERE YOU'D ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO EAT THE SAME MEAL ITEM DAILY AND, IF SO, WHAT IS THAT ITEM?

Is there an incentive being offered to do this?

OKAY, THE TL;DR QUESTION IS: ARE YOU LIKE MEL KIPER, JR. WHERE YOU'D ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO EAT THE SAME MEAL ITEM DAILY AND, IF SO, WHAT IS THAT ITEM?

No, not really. I suppose the "incentive" is that cost and health aren't factors. So that $3k caviar dish available at only one specific restaurant could be yours daily.

I'm really just trying to gauge here whether somebody would actively choose to eat the same food item daily like Kiper because, well, I find that pretty weird.

I've been drinking the exact same smoothie almost every weekday for breakfast for the past 3.5 years straight.

I would not have a problem eating three eggs for breakfast everyday. I've done it every other day for a few years.....I could up it to everyday. I'd probably cook them the same way; fried in a little butter, yolk the consistency of jelly, salt and pepper.

I could, if I had to, eat baked lemon pepper chicken thighs, a side of steamed brocolli and rice..everyday. It's not too rich; it's fairly nutritious and filling enough.

I've been drinking the exact same smoothie almost every weekday for breakfast for the past 3.5 years straight.
I just finished making my lunch fruit smoothie and the blender count is 353....so basically 1 full year of the same lunch every day and I enjoy it and look forward to it daily

No, not really. I suppose the "incentive" is that cost and health aren't factors. So that $3k caviar dish available at only one specific restaurant could be yours daily.

I'm really just trying to gauge here whether somebody would actively choose to eat the same food item daily like Kiper because, well, I find that pretty weird.

it took his dietary habits to convince you Mel Kiper was weird????

No, but this sent me over the top. I was flabbergasted, dumbfounded, stunned, and startled when I heard about this on the pod this morning.

No, but this sent me over the top. I was flabbergasted, dumbfounded, stunned, and startled when I heard about this on the pod this morning.

:lmao:

Well played.

I'd say tacos as well. To get more specific, double wrapped fresh corn tortilla, carnitas with just the right amount of crunch and chew, onions, cilantro, and of course a spicy, yet flavorful hot sauce.

No problem at all.

Think I could do a good chicken noodle soup, or chicken breast.

With most of my family going vegetarian/vegan on me and my older boys in college, I've been buying who chickens, dry brining and grilling them on Sunday. That's basically my protein for the week nights when we do stir fry or burritos, etc. Save up the carcasses and bones, make stock, make soup, rinse and repeat. Big money saver and delicious! So I'm with you, I could do that for life and be fine.

Think I could do a good chicken noodle soup, or chicken breast.

With most of my family going vegetarian/vegan on me and my older boys in college, I've been buying who chickens, dry brining and grilling them on Sunday. That's basically my protein for the week nights when we do stir fry or burritos, etc. Save up the carcasses and bones, make stock, make soup, rinse and repeat. Big money saver and delicious! So I'm with you, I could do that for life and be fine.
Love me some who chickens.

I’d eat three eggs everyday as my first meal. It is harder when I am travelling, but I can give it a try. I probably eat them more than 50% of the time anyway.

Yea easy, I pretty much do it now, PBJ sammich for lunch. I have one sitting on my desk as I type.

My son has had PB&Js with goldfish crackers or chips for 99% of his lunches for the past 4-5 years now. And chicken nuggets & fries for dinner for about the same amount of time.

He'll occasionally get a grilled cheese and there will be from time to time something along with the meal like a hard-boiled egg, fruit, or piece of American cheese. But he's pretty much stuck to those two meals for the better part of half his life.

Doctor says that he's getting his vitamins/minerals and he's (generally) at a healthy weight so there's nothing to fret about quite yet. We are going to take him to an occupational therapist, though. He's got food issues.

Sometimes the wife and I joke that we wish we only fed our kids hot dogs and Mac n cheese. Would have made life a lot easier as well as saved a small fortune.

Last edited:
I'm on a bit of a diet & exercise kick for the next 3ish months and have been having the same protein smoothie every morning since I started. Basically like a protein-ed up Orange Julius :)

Sometimes the wife and I joke that we wish we only fed our kids hot dogs and Mac n cheese. Would have made life a lot easier as well as saved a small fortune.

our son went through a phrase where almost the only thing he wanted was mini corn dogs and kraft mac and cheese - we haven't bought them since ...over 20 years

The chips and salsa from my favorite Mexican restaurant I could eat everyday. Pair that with a PB&J where I can change up which jelly and that would make me a happy camper for lunch for the rest of my life.

I thought my wife was the only adult with an unnatural love for PB&Js. It's one of those foods that doesn't even sound remotely good to me anymore. I probably haven't eaten once since I was ten. I've been telling my wife she's a weirdo for years because of it, but maybe it me ....

I could eat a bowl of pasta every day without thinking twice about it. While I would obviously prefer variety, I could pick one and eat that every day easily.

I thought my wife was the only adult with an unnatural love for PB&Js. It's one of those foods that doesn't even sound remotely good to me anymore. I probably haven't eaten once since I was ten. I've been telling my wife she's a weirdo for years because of it, but maybe it me ....

oh man - a nice PB&J with milk and chips is my "go-to" late night snack if nothing else strikes my fancy

gotta throw some red pepper flakes on there ...

To legitimately do it every day, I think it has to be a soft food that you could more or less swallow should you need to (similar to Mel).

I would say yes, and it would have to be Greek yogurt.

Users who are viewing this thread