What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Could you eat the same thing every single day for at least one meal the rest of your life? (1 Viewer)

Could you eat the same food item every single day the rest of your life? (See qualifiers in OP)

• Yes (if yes, please identify the food item below)

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
To legitimately do it every day, I think it has to be a soft food that you could more or less swallow should you need to (similar to Mel).
Yeah, and my thought process was that it would have to be light both in texture and calories to still want to eat on a hot day at the beach or a quick work lunch or some such. This is where I landed on sushi (in particular, a sushi burrito from Spicy Tuna in Henderson, NV) or this incredibly cooked sea bass filet.

Absolutely. I could eat some kinda of salmon (wife’s teri is best), with a side of broccoli or Brussels sprouts indefinitely. To round out the meal, add a daily tomato bisque and soufflé dessert (chocolate, if single flavor allowed).

Pizza with garlic, sun dried tomatoes and spinach is also good enough to eat for eternity.

I could and probably would happily eat a bowl of ice cream every day if health wasn't part of the equation. Now, I'd switch up the flavors if I could, so I don't know if that counts. But if you told me there was one specific kind that I liked (and only that kind) that I could eat guilt-free, then I'd be all in on that one. Get sick of it? I think it would be more likely that I'd get addicted to it.

I would say easily.

I currently almost eat eggs in some form every day. I don't not eat them because I'm bored, just some days I'll skip breakfast.

Can't tell you the last time I didn't have a cold brew coffee....does that count?
Same on the eggs. I make scrambled eggs for breakfast for me and whatever kids want them almost every morning. If I don’t it’s because we don’t have time.

Food “item” easily. Banana and peanut butter every day, black coffee, and water (I missed where you said drinks don’t count but assume they wouldn’t).

Meal? No. I mean I guess if cost isn’t a factor I could eat sushi as a side dish every day.

If I had to, but don’t think I would ever choose to.

I have older friends that ate the same weekly menu 90% of the time. Simple stuff to. Something like this:
Monday - hot dogs
Tuesday - sloppy Joe’s
Wednesday - hamburgers
Thursday - chicken nuggets
Friday - fish sticks

If I didn’t care about dying in the next 6 months, after suffering debilitating health consequences, I could eat: Biscuits and sausage gravy, soft scrambled eggs and smothered and covered hash browns every day for breakfast.

I see several PB&J sandwiches in here. I just take a tablespoon and eat JIF creamy PB straight out of the jar. I could eat several spoonfuls every single day. Really curbs my appetite.

Have you tried natural peanut butter? It’s light years better than any other PB. I only wish I found a good “crunchy” version.

I see several PB&J sandwiches in here. I just take a tablespoon and eat JIF creamy PB straight out of the jar. I could eat several spoonfuls every single day. Really curbs my appetite.

Have you tried natural peanut butter? It’s light years better than any other PB. I only wish I found a good “crunchy” version.

grinding/chopping your own peanuts to add to the "smooth" version down?

:shrug:

grinding/chopping your own peanuts to add to the "smooth" version down?

:shrug:

That’s too easy. Will never work.

Yea, I make a mean PBJ.
Family recipe?
Nothing special, start with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty White bread, butter one slice (thin layer) then put Jiff smooth peanut butter on top of that. You can use crunchy if you prefer but you're wrong. Welch's grape jelly on the other side and WALA! Simple perfection!

The only uniqueness is I keep my bread in the fridge to keep it fresh and the butter underneath the peanut butter.
You put butter, as in dairy butter, in addition to the peanut butter on your PBJ? Whoa.

Oh, and keeping your bread in the fridge is not the best move for freshness. It actually goes stale (drier/tougher) quicker at cold temperatures as the starch crystallizes. Your bread may not grow mold as quickly, but it will lose its freshness more quickly. HTH

How do I change my vote?

Poll question said "could you" so I said yes. Apparently the OP meant "would you" which would be an easy no.

Off the top of my head....

Venison burger
Ribeye
Ice cream for a meal

Yeah, and my thought process was that it would have to be light both in texture and calories to still want to eat on a hot day at the beach or a quick work lunch or some such. This is where I landed on sushi ...
That is an advantage that sushi has in this exercise where you have to eat it EVERY day. Even on an 'eating' holiday (like Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.), it's trivial to fit in a sushi roll for breakfast or a late-night snack or something. Might not want to break out a sushi spread next to the turkey and pumpkin pie** ... but then, you wouldn't need to.

** leftover filling for Uncle Mel.

Yea, I make a mean PBJ.
Family recipe?
Nothing special, start with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty White bread, butter one slice (thin layer) then put Jiff smooth peanut butter on top of that. You can use crunchy if you prefer but you're wrong. Welch's grape jelly on the other side and WALA! Simple perfection!

The only uniqueness is I keep my bread in the fridge to keep it fresh and the butter underneath the peanut butter.
You put butter, as in dairy butter, in addition to the peanut butter on your PBJ? Whoa.

Oh, and keeping your bread in the fridge is not the best move for freshness. It actually goes stale (drier/tougher) quicker at cold temperatures as the starch crystallizes. Your bread may not grow mold as quickly, but it will lose its freshness more quickly. HTH
Yes butter or margarine but butter is better.

As for the bread, maybe it's just all the processed stuff they add but I can leave a loaf in the fridge for weeks and it always comes out great. It actually gets more moist but the loaf is wrapped inside the bread bag so double wrapped essentially. Might have something to do with it :shrug:

No, and it's a pretty effed up thing to celebrate.

I see parents announcing their 6 year old is a picky eater with the same pride as telling you the little spud can do long division.
Agreed. I love way too many varieties of food for this to happen. I'm stunned by the number of yes votes.

I see parents announcing their 6 year old is a picky eater with the same pride as telling you the little spud can do long division.
Agreed. I love way too many varieties of food for this to happen. I'm stunned by the number of yes votes.

Not to blame Woz but he screwed up the question. “Would” would have had a much different breakdown.

Natural almond butter is even better.

And this is something I could eat every day, straight from the jar - I have to pace myself to avoid doing so, whenever we buy it. Thankfully, Costco stopped selling it, or I’d be spending a lot more time in Otis’ thread.

Post midday workout to day's end always varies, but til that point most days I have the same 10 or so foods and as long as I have stock breakfast is always the same - black coffee, hard boiled egg, and banana.

I could prob do a simple chicken dish for lunch everyday. Chicken can be prepared so many ways that I could change it up enough to not be bored. Grilled, fried, chicken salad, different rubs and spices, wings, etc.

Plus I'd do it for lunch, this way I can save my big meal variations for dinner and I'm usually just jamming something in my face while I work anyway, so I wouldn't care as much.

Not to blame Woz but he screwed up the question. “Would” would have had a much different breakdown.
Nah you can blame me. I knew what I wanted to say/ask and overcomplicated it.

I'll switch it to would.

ETA: I think my point though is that even my absolutely most favorite food items that I can't enjoy daily because of cost, location, or health reasons, would presumaby get old to me if I ate them daily and I was amazed that Kiper still looks forward to pumpkin pie every day despite apparently eating it 2x/day for a long time now.

The reality on this is that most people eat 3 meals a day and have snacks throughout the day. So, eating the same thing for one of those 3 meals every day isn't that big of a deal...you get variety on the other 2 meals and snacks.

Obviously it would be much different if the scenario was that's the only thing you could ever eat moving forward.

The reality on this is that most people eat 3 meals a day and have snacks throughout the day. So, eating the same thing for one of those 3 meals every day isn't that big of a deal...you get variety on the other 2 meals and snacks.

Obviously it would be much different if the scenario was that's the only thing you could ever eat moving forward.
I dunno man, I don't think I could eat the same meal every day for much more than like 6 months without getting tired of it.

I dunno man, I don't think I could eat the same meal every day for much more than like 6 months without getting tired of it.
Yeah, as much as I LOVE pizza, I don't think I could eat it every day for either lunch or dinner.

Saying "tacos" is like generically saying "pie." In other words, there's a wide variety of tacos like there are varieties of pie.

What specific type of taco would you eat daily for the rest of your life?
El pastor, Carnitas or Americano with ground beef, lettuce and cheese

All I could do every day with corn tortillas, Guacamole and a good salsa. If choosing one, it would probably be Carnitas.

If I didn’t care about dying in the next 6 months, after suffering debilitating health consequences, I could eat: Biscuits and sausage gravy, soft scrambled eggs and smothered and covered hash browns every day for breakfast.
EDIT: I'm kind if dumb.

Last edited:
Yea, I make a mean PBJ.
Family recipe?

I've heard that, but I'd like to Seymour Science.

I speak for *ALL*, we love you.

EDIT:WTF, we're here!

Last edited:

I appreciate the concern- but I am totally fine. I must’ve worded that in a weird way… I am still fat, but healthy as a horse!

I just meant IF there were no health consequences, I’d eat biscuits and gray every day. Sorry to cause alarm.

I appreciate the concern- but I am totally fine. I must’ve worded that in a weird way… I am still fat, but healthy as a horse!

I just meant IF there were no health consequences, I’d eat biscuits and gray every day. Sorry to cause alarm.
Well go get some biscuits and gravy, man.

Good news. I'll have a sit-diwn with my reading comprehension.

Users who are viewing this thread