What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas / Houston game (1 Viewer)

captbly

Footballguy
Arian Foster is getting some good holes and hitting them pretty well.

Houston D is suprising too so far. They are killing Romo.

Marion Barber III got the first series. Didnt do so well with a 3 yard loss on first carry trying to bounce out side.

Felix Jones was in for the second series. Got a few yards but offense struggled

Barber Back in right now for 3rd series.

UH, the Cowboys aren't playing with anywhere near their opening day O-line so I wouldnt take anything you get from this game. In fact they really shouldnt even be playing Romo and the other starters allowing them to get killed out there. It's really stupid. Arian Foster looks awesome and Houston is giving him the rock over and over and over and over. The entire offense goes through Arian Foster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anything been decided on who Houston's kicker will be this year? The staff's projections seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that Neil Rackers is the guy, but I don't think they've released Kris Brown (yet).

Got Jacoby and Foster on waivers last year in dynasty, drafted them in rd 10 (Foster) and 12(Jones) in 12-team redraft. HEAVILY invested...

Was the Jacoby Jones TD impressive or just bad coverage. I just turned the game on and missed it.
A little of both Looked like a planned play Matt schaub throw a nice bullet all the way across the field. I dont think the defense expected that.Jones had a lot of seperation and the throw was right on the money.

Arian Foster is this years Ray Rice. Hyped himself up into the top 4 rounds of the draft come end of august causing some to pass on him because the price is too steep and they regretted it later. Exactly what happened last year with Rice. Arian Foster is the best player on the field.

Arian Foster is this years Ray Rice. Hyped himself up into the top 4 rounds of the draft come end of august causing some to pass on him because the price is too steep and they regretted it later. Exactly what happened last year with Rice. Arian Foster is the best player on the field.
Don't think he wants to be called 'Arian Foster.' :X

UH, the Cowboys aren't playing with anywhere near their opening day O-line so I wouldnt take anything you get from this game. In fact they really shouldnt even be playing Romo and the other starters allowing them to get killed out there. It's really stupid. Arian Nation looks awesome and Houston is giving him the rock over and over and over and over. The entire offense goes through Arian Nation.
Seriously? Thats his nickname? Thats pretty evil...

Was the Jacoby Jones TD impressive or just bad coverage. I just turned the game on and missed it.
Looked like a well timed call. Schaub went play action, rolled out right and threw across the middle of the field. Jones blew by Orlando Scandrick off the line and Alan Ball drifted over to help with AJ so neither were in place to do much.

UH, the Cowboys aren't playing with anywhere near their opening day O-line so I wouldnt take anything you get from this game. In fact they really shouldnt even be playing Romo and the other starters allowing them to get killed out there. It's really stupid. Arian Nation looks awesome and Houston is giving him the rock over and over and over and over. The entire offense goes through Arian Nation.
Ya man, everybody callin him Arian Foster everywhere. It's well documented and he likes it. I don't see what the problem is.

Dallas should be ashamed of this defensive performance.

No one is near any Texan....they look awful.

Ya man, everybody callin him Arian Foster everywhere. It's well documented and he likes it. I don't see what the problem is.
:bs:

wow

Uh...Either you don't know the historical/sociological reference (ignorant) or you know it and fail to see the subtle, inappropriate irony (mean). Take your pick.

Foster didn't look that good last week. The Cowboys must really stink or he's improved greatly.

Uh...Either you don't know the historical/sociological reference (ignorant) or you know it and fail to see the subtle, inappropriate irony (mean). Take your pick.
search function shows that your the only person to call him Arian Foster in any thread. I think you think it's cool and keep using it hoping it will catch on. It i was his real nickname it'd been used by people other than you, and pots who did so in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen him referred as that but it is far from the common nickname that Texans' fans use repeatedly. Not "look at me," but I mod on a Texans message board, so I think I would gotten sick of the "debate" over that one.

rememeber this is dallas' 4th preseason game. doesnt look like the effort/game plan is there.Do not over re-act to what you see in august
Both teams play each other in week 3 so maybe Dallas didn't want to show much. Plus, as another poster stated they didn't play some of their starting linemen. Would've been nice to see Dez in some preseason action though to get a glimpse of how the offense will look.

rememeber this is dallas' 4th preseason game. doesnt look like the effort/game plan is there.Do not over re-act to what you see in august
The starting offense for Dallas has not played well during preseason in any game, so there should be some worry for those guys. The Texans (both sides) have been all over the place for the three games that they have played.

Both teams play each other in week 3 so maybe Dallas didn't want to show much. Plus, as another poster stated they didn't play some of their starting linemen. Would've been nice to see Dez in some preseason action though to get a glimpse of how the offense will look.
Dallas doing a very good job at not showing any offense.

Meh. The Cowboys look horrible on offense and lost on defense. I understand that this is only preseason but this is the third game, should be more of a dress rehearsal. They look awful.

rememeber this is dallas' 4th preseason game. doesnt look like the effort/game plan is there.

Do not over re-act to what you see in august
The starting offense for Dallas has not played well during preseason in any game, so there should be some worry for those guys. The Texans (both sides) have been all over the place for the three games that they have played.
The Cowboys always look vanilla on offense in the pre season.. plus this isnt the O Line we'll seen come Week 1. Not worried about this.

Meh. The Cowboys look horrible on offense and lost on defense. I understand that this is only preseason but this is the third game, should be more of a dress rehearsal. They look awful.
With the way they're playing and Wade looking absolutely confused on the sidelines, the only thing that's missing for a ten year 8-8 flashback is the distant smell of wings.

rememeber this is dallas' 4th preseason game. doesnt look like the effort/game plan is there.

The Cowboys always look vanilla on offense in the pre season.. plus this isnt the O Line we'll seen come Week 1. Not worried about this.
They look like they've not had a single practice. I'd be a little worried.

With the way they're playing and Wade looking absolutely confused on the sidelines, the only thing that's missing for a ten year 8-8 flashback is the distant smell of wings.
ha.. bit dramatic dont u think? :popcorn:

Were they being vanilla on snaps and tosses to the HB too?

They look like they've not had a single practice. I'd be a little worried.
I've actually read that practices have looked pretty good but I'm more concerned about the traveling during camps. Just seems like focus is more of a concern from the constant movement. Guess we'll find out though in few weeks when its for real.

I dont like the look of the offensive line and hopefully all starters are ready to go by Week 1.

Normally, the first team offense manages to score a TD on a drive longer than 10 yards no matter what's the situation with the OL or game planning. Watching all of the Cowboys pre-season games, they really have not executed well at all.

Normally, the first team offense manages to score a TD on a drive longer than 10 yards no matter what's the situation with the OL or game planning. Watching all of the Cowboys pre-season games, they really have not executed well at all.
Totally agree with you. Eventhough I've seen this type of play in years past I'd at least expect them to score like you said. The offensive line does not look good and that has worried me from the get go. If this team is to make a serious run I would've like to feel more comfortable in the line and esp. LT. Wish Dallas couldve traded for a player like Gaither when he was upset in Baltimore but I believe they wanted to much.

Users who are viewing this thread