What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Danario Alexander - Lottery ticket? (1 Viewer)

What the hell are this guys tendons made of? Old dried up rubber bands? Jesus. Now I really need DaRick or Thompkins to pan out.

What the hell are this guys tendons made of? Old dried up rubber bands? Jesus. Now I really need DaRick or Thompkins to pan out.
They are what they are. Anyone counting on Danario for anything more than a complete lottery pick had their head in the clouds. This was NEVER going to be a guy you could count on. It's a shame, but he's been that way for quite awhile now.

I feel bad for him. His LEFT knee was the problematic one and we saw what he can do once it was finally healthy. This right knee tear is really bad luck for him.

Chargers in the discussion for #1 overall pick next year.
Because of this??? This is what puts them in the discussion for the number one pick??

Nah, I don't think they were anyway, and this doesn't change that. I don't remember a team with a decent qb getting the number one pick, ever. And hate rivers all you want, but if you don't think he is at least decent then something is wrong with you.

I don't think this will help Brown/Allen any. He was the guy that deserved the extra attention leaving them to roam free. This hurts Rivers as well. Floyd gets a bump, but who wants to depend on him as he ages?

As a fan I feel like I was denied a chance to watch one of the greats. I'm so sad I just told my girlfriend about his whole career even after she said she wouldn't listen :(

Bump Floyd, bump Allen or bump both? Brown was already bumped pretty high.
I'd say bump Floyd. Alexander would have started on one side, and I think Floyd and Brown were battling to start on the other side (and I would have given the edge to Brown), with Allen most likely competing with Royal for the slot.

Now I'd say that Brown and Floyd will both start on the outside.

I'm not basing this on any specific report; just my feel for how those WRs would best be used.
:goodposting:

Just posted this in the other thread:

Brown was already in line to start, and Allen was already likely to get a lot snaps in the slot. IMO the biggest beneficiary of this injury is Floyd, who moves from a backup outside WR to a starter. Floyd was already the best deep threat on the team, before Alexander was hurt. Now he will get more targets.

Also, before this, I thought Meachem would likely be inactive on most game days. That has probably changed now, as he will now stand to be a backup outside WR. Plus, Floyd has his own issues staying healthy... Meachem could actually get significant playing time if Floyd misses time.

Note: I'm not saying Meachem is fantasy-relevant. Floyd is, though.

Floyd's ppg averages the last three years:

2012 - 11.96

2011 - 13.22

2010 - 13.16

Maybe he's losing a step in his old age, but the guy is a decent player. His main problem has been staying healthy.

He's better than Meachem and more accomplished than Brown/Allen.

I'd say bump Floyd. Alexander would have started on one side, and I think Floyd and Brown were battling to start on the other side (and I would have given the edge to Brown), with Allen most likely competing with Royal for the slot.

I'm not basing this on any specific report; just my feel for how those WRs would best be used.
With Floyd and Brown both not fit for deep routes, does Meachem become relevant here? i realize the reports are pointing to Chargers shortening the field in their passing game, but you gotta have a deep treat of some kind to accomplish this, right? Floyd ain't gonna run by any corners in 2013. Downgrade Rivers even further I guess.
What do you mean by saying Floyd isn't fit for deep routes? He's the best deep threat on the team, and that was true before Alexander's injury. PFF ranked Floyd as the 5th best WR in the league at deep passing the past two seasons, among those who took 25% or more of their teams' snaps.

Floyd's ppg averages the last three years:

2012 - 11.96

2011 - 13.22

2010 - 13.16

Maybe he's losing a step in his old age, but the guy is a decent player. His main problem has been staying healthy.

He's better than Meachem and more accomplished than Brown/Allen.
Yup, with DX's injury he's a WR3 value IMO. But there are more exciting WR3 types with more upside that will probably be available in his ADP range so I don't see him as a sexy or intriguing pick at all.

With Floyd and Brown both not fit for deep routes, does Meachem become relevant here? i realize the reports are pointing to Chargers shortening the field in their passing game, but you gotta have a deep treat of some kind to accomplish this, right? Floyd ain't gonna run by any corners in 2013. Downgrade Rivers even further I guess.
What do you mean by saying Floyd isn't fit for deep routes? He's the best deep threat on the team, and that was true before Alexander's injury. PFF ranked Floyd as the 5th best WR in the league at deep passing the past two seasons, among those who took 25% or more of their teams' snaps.
Better than a healthy Alexander? Disagree there. Floyd is the only deep option now unless Meachem re-enters the fray. I've read that Floyd is not a speedster at his age, that was the implication of my post. Whether I read that on an official report or someone's observation on this board, I don't remember.

I'm surprised about your quoted ranking, especially last two seasons since in 2011 Vincent Jackson was still on the Chargers iirc. Off the top of my head I think I would not have considered him in top 10 deep threats, let alone fifth, but I'm sure there are some sort of stats to support their rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's pretty much all Floyd has been is a deep threat. He's a very good deep threat, but he's a bit one-dimensional because he doesn't do much else.

Floyd has actually looked surprisingly adept at running different routes during training camp. I wouldn't write him off so quickly. I can easily see him having a 1000 yard season if he can manage to stay healthy. Make no mistake though, DX was the best WR on the team, in all aspects.

Floyd averaged 11.6 PPG in fractional PPR scoring last year in the 7 games before Danario was signed and played. Which would have had him as a top 30 WR(I'm guessing in the top 35-40 range in terms of PPG average considering that other players below him missed games).

Not too exciting so I certainly won't be pushing him up too high on my draft board.

Users who are viewing this thread