What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos (2 Viewers)

We had multiple Quarterbacks throw for almost 5,000 yards last season and people are projecting Thomas for less than 1,000?

Peyton will throw for a minimum of 4,000 yards this season with an over / under of about 500 yards.

Demaryius Thomas has a career statline of:

54 Catches / 834 Yards / 6 Touchdowns

-

Ask yourself, how many catches do you think Demaryius Thomas can catch with Peyton Manning throwing the ball? Logic dictates that he will catch at least 70 passes from Manning this year (a little more than double the 32 he caught last year), especially when there are games on the schedule that could potentially be shootouts:

Steelers

Falcons

Texans

Patriots

Chargers x2

Raiders x2

Saints

Panthers

Throw in the fact that both Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, and Reggie Wayne all caught about 60 - 70 passes the past few years; let's pencil in Demaryius Thomas for a floor of about 70 catches:

70 Catches (at a career YPC of 15.4) / 1,078 Yards

-

Thomas had 4 Touchdowns last year and I believe the Broncos will be in scoring position quite a bit more than last year with Tebow at the helm. I also believe it would be in the Broncos best interest to have Peyton passing the ball in the RZ as opposed to handing it off to one of those Running backs.

Without turning this into a huge novel, these are my projections:

Floor:

70 Catches / 1,150 Yards / 6 Touchdowns

Ceiling:

90 Catches / 1,386 Yards / 14 Touchdowns
I don't disagree . . . but isn't it possible that Thomas did as well as he did last year because he faced man coverage and there was absolutley no help because there were 8 or 9 guys on the line of scrimmage to stop the run? I am guessing no one has to worry about Manning taking off and running the football. Teams this year will scheme way differently for Manning than Tebow. Thomas had the benefit of being able to catch the ball and breaking off big plays because there was very little help in the secondary. I don't see that happening as frequently this year. Also, if he is not a great route runner, Manning may be somewhat reluctant to throw to him. Given that the Denver situation is a total "no data set" scenario (Manning coming back from injury, playing for a new team and coach, younger players playing with a new QB, etc.), there are no easy predictions or fully expected outcomes. Everything will be no more than guess work at this point.
great points..DT is a tough player to get a read on...but he's certainly one the best lottery picks out there....at worst you could get ho-hum WR4 numbers out of him (65-70 catches), at best, he's a top 10-12 WR..

chances are, he's somewhere in the middle, and people will draft him too early..

80-1120-7. 14 yards per catch.

If I'm going to take a lottery pick from the Broncos, it's going to be McGahee..he's the real play here..
agree with the McGahee call. I see peyton moving the ball down the field and lots of redzone chances with willis

So glad I listened to "experts" who said to draft Decker ahead of Thomas in PPR leagues. It's only 2 games but Thomas is far and away the better fantasy player. :wall:

Not for a lack of trying. Decker got targeted in the endzone last game and this game. He was PI'd with last game and probably should have gotten the call in this one too. He also had a few deep balls not get completed. They'll come for Decker, but yeah, Thomas is looking like the better play so far.

So glad I listened to "experts" who said to draft Decker ahead of Thomas in PPR leagues. It's only 2 games but Thomas is far and away the better fantasy player. :wall:
What are you talking about?We have one of, if not thee, greatest Denver fantasy experts right here at FBGs - Cecil Lammey.And because of my boy Cecil I'm 3 for 3 with Thomas in my $$$ leagues.

We had multiple Quarterbacks throw for almost 5,000 yards last season and people are projecting Thomas for less than 1,000?

Peyton will throw for a minimum of 4,000 yards this season with an over / under of about 500 yards.

Demaryius Thomas has a career statline of:

54 Catches / 834 Yards / 6 Touchdowns

-

Ask yourself, how many catches do you think Demaryius Thomas can catch with Peyton Manning throwing the ball? Logic dictates that he will catch at least 70 passes from Manning this year (a little more than double the 32 he caught last year), especially when there are games on the schedule that could potentially be shootouts:

Steelers

Falcons

Texans

Patriots

Chargers x2

Raiders x2

Saints

Panthers

Throw in the fact that both Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, and Reggie Wayne all caught about 60 - 70 passes the past few years; let's pencil in Demaryius Thomas for a floor of about 70 catches:

70 Catches (at a career YPC of 15.4) / 1,078 Yards

-

Thomas had 4 Touchdowns last year and I believe the Broncos will be in scoring position quite a bit more than last year with Tebow at the helm. I also believe it would be in the Broncos best interest to have Peyton passing the ball in the RZ as opposed to handing it off to one of those Running backs.

Without turning this into a huge novel, these are my projections:

Floor:

70 Catches / 1,150 Yards / 6 Touchdowns

Ceiling:

90 Catches / 1,386 Yards / 14 Touchdowns
How many times do I have to be right before people will start paying me for this?

From CBSSports.com

The Denver Post reports Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was limited in practice Thursday because of a hip injury. The Broncos play at San Diego Week 6.

(Updated 10/11/12)

Fantasy Analysis

Thomas didn't leave the game Week 5 against the Patriots and wasn't hurt enough to miss all of practice Thursday. He probably was just getting some rest. There's no need to hit the panic button at this time. Thomas has managed consecutive 100-yard games and has gone over the century mark three times this season. He hasn't scored in three straight games, but Thomas remains a must-start Fantasy option.

Cecil and any Denver homers have any insight?

Are him and pettigrew worth jimmy graham antonio brown and leshoure in a redraft ppr?
Wrong forum.
I didnt make a whole topic about this its one response in a large topic chill out
It's one response in a large topic in the wrong forum. Take it where it belongs.
I'm glad we have people like you to keep us all in line.
This? A month and a half ago, and now you respond? With this? You've been here almost 10 years, and this... ? Now you've made me go and post something just as worthless... :wall:

Nice shift of blame. Shouldn't you be held accountable for your choice of experts, just as those experts are held accountable for their choice of Decker vs. DT? Find better experts.

Is DT still a stud without Manning?
I think the effect Manning has had on him will be career altering. Obviously, anything can happen with his situation (injuries, a Fitz-like run of bad QB play), but Manning has forced him to become a complete WR and that combined with his natural physical skills = pretty safe dynasty bet, even after Manning retires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any wr needs at least a decent QB to be elite. Last year there was a ton of people saying that he couldn't be successful without Tebow, which blew my mind. I thought he was a top 10 dynasty wr before Manning was brought in last year. I do admit to worrying about injuries but I definitely think he's a top 5 wr talent.

Any wr needs at least a decent QB to be elite. Last year there was a ton of people saying that he couldn't be successful without Tebow, which blew my mind. I thought he was a top 10 dynasty wr before Manning was brought in last year. I do admit to worrying about injuries but I definitely think he's a top 5 wr talent.
:goodposting: The talent has always been there. At first the queston was about injury - then QB. Both seem to have been answered. Even after Manning retires his QB will likely be more effective than Tebow - and DT was still putting up great games, even with a guy that can't replace Mark "Oh Here, Have The Ball" Sanchez.Barring injury, he's a WR1 in dynasty - regardless as to his QB. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread