What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denard 'Shoelace' Robinson and his Chris Johnson potential (1 Viewer)

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is reviewing the conduct of the officer who was called to the scene of Denard Robinson's car accident this past weekend.
Jacksonville sheriff Mike Williams said the department is also looking into whether Robinson should be charged with DUI. Robinson was reportedly asleep at the wheel when his car was found drifting into a retention pond Sunday morning. It's hard to believe someone would do something that reckless without alcohol playing a role. But until charges are brought, we'll have to take Robinson at his word that he was just exhausted.

Source: Boston Globe 
Jul 10 - 9:37 AM

Time to bump this up?

Ivory is in hospital still for unknown medical issue. Yeldon did not look good running the ball as bellow week 1. 

Shoelace dis very well running for an injured Toby Gerhart 2 years ago. 

Anything to see here? Am in 14 team league and no good rb stashes left.

Dude drove into a pond, how can you trust him in any capacity?

In all seriousness, if he's going to be utilized 15+ times you could do worse with your flex. Plus Lynch is starting under center, on the road, so DEN may struggle to sustain drives. We know what Shoelace is, he's mediocre but volume is volume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him over Paul Perkins in dynasty.   :bag:   I'm rebuilding.  Don't judge me!   :rant:
LOL,  I'm in the same boat. Took over an orphan rebuild this year and he's one of only 3 RBs on my roster,  one of which is on a bye. 

My expectations are low for Denard this week,  but I've actually started stashing him in some of my deep roster dynasty leagues. He's a FA after the season and it's possible he could land somewhere favorable.

The chances of deep, second contract RBs like Denard ever turning into anything is very slim, but guys like him can still be a saavy stash in a dynasty league.  A new team,  a bit of positive off-season blurbs, and you could potentially have a WW grab that you can flip for a pick or an upgrade at another position.  I've dubbed it the "Toby Gerhart treatment". He was a grab and stash before he was a FA, and by the end of the summer after he'd signed with JAX there were plenty of owners that were paying a mid/high 2nd to buy him. Players don't have to pan out to be good dynasty stashes, perceived situation and off-season hype go a long ways in making them profitable stashes.

Users who are viewing this thread