What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denard 'Shoelace' Robinson and his Chris Johnson potential (1 Viewer)

Started him over Crow and Mathews today and it may very well be the final nail in the coffin of my season. Drats.

Should have known not to return to well too often with a bad team like Jacksonville

Started him over Crow and Mathews today and it may very well be the final nail in the coffin of my season. Drats.

Should have known not to return to well too often with a bad team like Jacksonville
20-20 hindsight. West still out touched Crow 15-12, and he was effective. Isaiah is explosive but apparently Pettine doesn't think he's a bell cow. Denard has been on fire, and even after the fumble Gethart remained the CoP. 18 touches for 72 yards.

I won today, barely hanging onto a playoff spot. I'll be going back and forth all week: Crow in BUF, Shoelace at home v. NYG. Hate this hobby. :lol:

20-20 hindsight. West still out touched Crow 15-12, and he was effective. Isaiah is explosive but apparently Pettine doesn't think he's a bell cow. Denard has been on fire, and even after the fumble Gethart remained the CoP. 18 touches for 72 yards. I won today, barely hanging onto a playoff spot. I'll be going back and forth all week: Crow in BUF, Shoelace at home v. NYG. Hate this hobby. :lol:
Dez and Tony may have got me out of jail. 3 pts down with Jimmy and either Carpenter or Shayne Graham to go against Stills. Hopefully live to fight another day.

Certainly a nice problem to have going forward with Robinson and Crowell, both have been great WW grabs this year.

Not his best day - low YPC, fumble - but good to see him involved in the passing game. Gerhart was 4-31 running the ball but the coaches seem committed to Denard, good to see they didn't panic when he turned it over.

Tough decisions going forward; started Shoelace over Crowell today.
I did too and I hope it doesn't cost me tonight. ODB made it a game but that decision to start Robinson haunted all week and I was so close to making the switch before the game but was just afraid of a fumble or unpredictable carry count for Crowell and thought Robinson had a better floor but also good upside and a good matchup.

Not his best day - low YPC, fumble - but good to see him involved in the passing game. Gerhart was 4-31 running the ball but the coaches seem committed to Denard, good to see they didn't panic when he turned it over.

I did too and I hope it doesn't cost me tonight. ODB made it a game but that decision to start Robinson haunted all week and I was so close to making the switch before the game but was just afraid of a fumble or unpredictable carry count for Crowell and thought Robinson had a better floor but also good upside and a good matchup.
That was my thinking as well. Go with the guy who is the bell cow. It was still the right call - Shoelace led in touches 18-7, Crowell was 2nd on his team (12-15). TDs are random. Robinson had a carry from the 1 but the line got obliterated.

I'll probably roll Denard again this week (far better matchup), then stick with Isaiah for Week 14 and the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

That was my thinking as well. Go with the guy who is the bell cow. It was still the right call - Shoelace led in touches 18-7, Crowell was 2nd on his team (12-15). TDs are random. Robinson had a carry from the 1 but the line got obliterated.

I'll probably roll Denard again this week (far better matchup), then stick with Isaiah for Week 14 and the playoffs.
the game script turned out being a lot worse than I thought in the Indy game....Bortles was HORRIBLE and they just couldn't do anything.

in the same boat and going back and forth between the 2.

looking at the last 5 weeks the bills have played, they have give up 158, 175, 127, 125 and 92 yards rushing.

thinking the browns and bills will be a close game with the bills having to account for Gordon.

looking how fast jax could be out of a game and turnovers killing drives may set denard back towards the colts side of scoring to some degree.

I hate fantasy football......

in the same boat and going back and forth between the 2.

looking at the last 5 weeks the bills have played, they have give up 158, 175, 127, 125 and 92 yards rushing.

thinking the browns and bills will be a close game with the bills having to account for Gordon.

looking how fast jax could be out of a game and turnovers killing drives may set denard back towards the colts side of scoring to some degree.

I hate fantasy football......
First six games the Bills gave up a league best 2.79 yards per rush. Last five games they've yielded a league worst 5.2 YPC.What I have a hard time understanding is why. It's the same four guys up front, three of whom were pro bowlers a year ago.

MIN, NYJ, KCC, MIA, NYJ - that's four games versus teams committed to running the ball because they have garbage at QB or a conservative philosophy. CLE fits that profile for the most part.

Don't agree, at all, that the JAX will be out of this one early. The Jaguars have a better defense than most realize, 33 sacks on the year. When Eli feels hear he is below average and susceptible to TOs. They're a bad team - six straight losses, and missing several starters. McCain and Rolle do come back this week.

The Audible had a good segment this week on the context should play in our decision making. I think the Crowe v. Shoelace is a classic case study, and I face this dilemma in two leagues.

In one league I'm on the outside looking in but should make the playoffs by winning the next two weeks. I frankly don't have as much talent on my roster. I'm starting Crowell because with the proper usage I could see him busting out for 20-30 non-PPR points. He might also fumble early and get 5 points or less. Doesn't matter, I probably need a HR anyway.

In another league I'm the points leader, favored this week and off to a good start after Thanksgiving. I've got Gordon and four other guys who have put up 30+ in PPR. I feel like the usage and trust factors, Shoelace has floor of 12-14, higher if gets a TD. But a 4 point effort (Crowell's floor) lets my opponent off the hook.

Same two players in both leagues, but in the context of the matchup, different choice,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm worried this ride might be over. Jacksonville's offense seems to be regressing.
He's still the man in Jax.
He did not see the field on their game winning drive. You sure about that?
I'm sure that things change fast in the Not For Long league.

We'll see what coach says in the presser. He had a pass pro whiff in the series before.

Touches were 14-5-2. Not a great day but he had a couple Barry type plays. Looks special to me.

They generally use Todman in the two minute offense.
Good to know. Lotta panic posts in the game thread.

Not sure what Ilove80s is referring to up thread (going for cheap laughs?). But to see Shoelace live is impressive. Yeah, yeah, we saw him 30-40 times in college as a QB. But he has some unreal moves, makes something out of nothing. His line is garbage.

Jax has issues. He's not one of them IMO. Very good D. Great young WRs. Hopefully Bortles progresses. Honestly, they're not far off from being a competitive team, presuming the boneheaded mistakes lessen over time.

They generally use Todman in the two minute offense.
Good to know. Lotta panic posts in the game thread.Not sure what Ilove80s is referring to up thread (going for cheap laughs?). But to see Shoelace live is impressive. Yeah, yeah, we saw him 30-40 times in college as a QB. But he has some unreal moves, makes something out of nothing. His line is garbage.

Jax has issues. He's not one of them IMO. Very good D. Great young WRs. Hopefully Bortles progresses. Honestly, they're not far off from being a competitive team, presuming the boneheaded mistakes lessen over time.
I am referring to my concern that Denard has gone from looking like a must start low end RB1 to a flex play. It has nothing to do with him as a player, but just Jacksonville as a team.

Did you see the game GB? Might want to wait until after Rewind before you post more.[/quoted]

Fair enough, I didn't see the game. The stats certainly aren't impressive though. How many RZ carries did he get? Anything at the GL this week?

Denard is still young and this is his second year at running back. There is still plenty of room for him to fail but if things stay in place and he gets the work in the off season he may turn into a real good back. Could go either way but I really like what I have seen so far given his team and experience level.

I watched parts of this game. (had four/five games going at the same time) It looked like Denard had trouble finding holes. Had a couple of runs where he made something out of nothing. Then lost yards a few plays later.

I also got the feeling that some of the Giants players were playing for their job. IIRC, they were called out this week for not getting pressure on the QB.

Did you see the game GB? Might want to wait until after Rewind before you post more.[/quoted]

Fair enough, I didn't see the game. The stats certainly aren't impressive though. How many RZ carries did he get? Anything at the GL this week?
From what I saw, Denard got the only goal-line carry for the Jags. It came during a drive late in the first half in which he almost scored on a 17 yard run down to the Giants 6. He got the very next carry on first and goal and was stuffed. Jax then proceeded to pass three times in a row. I don't recall Jax being in the red-zone other than during that possession. Frankly, it was a shocking win for the Jags. The defense really stepped up.

What was interesting was that they used Denard a few times in a wildcat formation. He had a 16 yard run out of that formation.

I currently have Forsett, Herron and Crowell in over DRob in .75ppr. If Crow is healthy and named starter I'll be sitting Shoelace, which is unfortunate because I love his ability. It's the playoffs though and I want no part of the Jax offense at this time.

Probably... but my 16-team dynasty league requires 2 RBs started, and I've had some bad luck at that position. Ingram will be one... Denard likely the other. I don't have too many options.

Probably... but my 16-team dynasty league requires 2 RBs started, and I've had some bad luck at that position. Ingram will be one... Denard likely the other. I don't have too many options.
Same here. Wish I could flex a WR into Denard's spot. It's Vereen or Gray. Denard or Gerhart.

Don't trust any of them.

Rotoworld:

Denard Robinson managed 30 yards on 10 carries in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Texans.
A college quarterback, Robinson has hit a wall down the stretch of his first-ever season as a featured running back. He also continues to be underutilized in the passing game and isn't helping his own case by struggling in pass protection. "Shoelace" allowed another sack of Blake Bortles in Sunday's loss. He'll be a shaky flex play in Week 15 against the Ravens.

Dec 7 - 4:35 PM

Quick take is he will be a solid RB2 option next year.
That's a big leap of faith that they will roll with him as a feature back.

Much like Ellington, I think he'll have a role in the running game, but more as a situational, home run threat complement to a bruiser.

I'm wondering if Storm Johnson might get first and second downs over Gerhart. I'm looking at that week 16 matchup with Tenn and salivating. Gerhart isn't available IML. Todman is more of a third-down back.

Users who are viewing this thread