What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver's RB1 = Fantasy RB1 (2 Viewers)

Since John Fox is coaching this team, I think Moreno is the play for 2013 (assuming McGahee is cut).
This is my feeling as well.Actually, I might avoid the backfield altogether. Too much risk for what they'll cost.
I'm kinda feeling this too. My reasoning is "if you were completely comfortable with what you had, you wouldn't draft another RB but since you did, then Willis may be on the short straw." So, if you go into this season and there are no injuries leading up to the opener, Don't we already know what type of job Moreno offered to the Broncos and aren't the Broncos likely happy with the all-around result? I mean, if they weren't then I think they would have had better options in the draft that would have been better overall pass protectors/receivers/runners than Ball. To me, I am seeing it as

Moreno on the field first

Hillman provides that change of pace and different switch-up

Ball provides the inside running

Who ever knows these days, but what I kind of thought would end up being in Denver last year with Moreno was exactly what happened so I'm willing to ride that pony one more year.

Am I the only one who thinks they might use Ball as an insurance policy and run Willis into the ground this year? He was fantastic last year until he got hurt (and is a bigger back/better blocker than the others as well). Fox also likes his vets.

I doubt he makes it through the season, but while he's healthy I think McGahee could be $$.

wdcrob said:
Am I the only one who thinks they might use Ball as an insurance policy and run Willis into the ground this year? He was fantastic last year until he got hurt (and is a bigger back/better blocker than the others as well). Fox also likes his vets.

I doubt he makes it through the season, but while he's healthy I think McGahee could be $$.
This definitely could be the case, but McGahee never seemed like a natural fit in that offense. And I pretty vividly remember him dropping a pass on 4th down that cost them a victory. With Moreno being such a better pass catcher (and a bit cheaper), I'd lean towards Moreno, but I really don't feel confident about this situation.

I don't want to invest much in second round running backs anyway, but I sure wouldn't do so with any immediate expectations on a John Fox team.

Users who are viewing this thread