What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dexter McCluster value going forward (1 Viewer)

RedskinsFan

Footballguy
McCluster has missed the last three games due to his high ankle sprain. Any news on this or when he is expected back? In week 7 Todd Haley called Dexter McCluster the "best route runner on our team" and KC is needing him back:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/11/10/chie...mccluster-back/

What's your belief for him the rest of the year? Is he worth a roster spot? His value in the 250 forward rankings is awful so not sure and thought I'd ask the sharks what you expect :wolf:

Add me to the list of folks interested in opinions on this. Available in my ppr league where he can be used as a WR or a RB. Thinking of replacing Woodhead with him. Especially since Fred Taylor is due back soon.

He seems like a Percy Harvin-type player, though even when he was healthy he didn't get as many touches. Maybe that's expected of a rookie learning the system, and maybe they will use him more if he comes back healthy. Lately it's been the Dwayne Bowe show in KC. That might actually help McCluster too, if Bowe helps spread defenses out and they get McCluster a little room to work with.

I've been holding on to Dexter for awhile. As a Charles owner (and former Bowe owner as well), I was watching alot of the Chiefs games. Before he got hurt, I was watching McCluster get 3-4 carries a game (not just end arounds) and it struck me that if Charles went down (G_d forbid), that Jones' role wouldn't change all that much, but that McCluster would pick up alot more work. BUT, I am strapped for depth at receiver (having traded Bowe, Tamme and Addai, last week for Vick and Fred Jackson), and I am considering cutting bait with McCluster to pick up Louis Murphy, who returns this week as the Raiders top WR.

What's his dynasty value? Can he be a guy that lights it up the next two years, once he learns the offense? I'm on the fence

You've made a good post, and one that quite a few should be interested in but..........................

Anyone that replies is purely guessing what will happen. Strong arguments could be made either way. I think i have the answer everyone is looking for:

Flip a coin.

I'm holding in a WCOFF PPR hoping for a playoff push. The same radio station guy that broke the high ankle sprain news today was analyzing the Chiefs and pretty much associates McCluster with the decline of Thomas Jones and their offense getting off schedule. When Dexter plays teams need an extra DB over a LB which makes TJones more effective. With an extra LB in because teams don't fear their other receiving options then Charles is their better option. In other words, getting McCluster back is a priority and may change their other players values more than be an impact himself. That said, he has WR3 value when healthy and should be back soon especially if Moeaki is out for awhile.

McCluster has missed the last three games due to his high ankle sprain. Any news on this or when he is expected back? In week 7 Todd Haley called Dexter McCluster the "best route runner on our team" and KC is needing him back:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/11/10/chie...mccluster-back/

What's your belief for him the rest of the year? Is he worth a roster spot? His value in the 250 forward rankings is awful so not sure and thought I'd ask the sharks what you expect :coffee:
I don't care what Haley CALLS him, because it is all in how he actually USES him. Haley barely uses him.

Anyone else have thoughts on his dynasty value?
I'm not high on him just because I don't think he will touch the ball enough in the KC offense. He would have to be the focal point of the O which "could" happen but I think they spread the ball around. Now if you get points for return yards this would change things but in my leagues you don't so while he is a good player he is not a good fantasy option.

He practiced on a limited basis all week, same as last week when he didn't play. Looks like another GTD.

He's a definite keeper in dynasty and I think he will make some noise down the stretch in redraft. I don't think Bowe can do it all alone for long. Of course, Bowe has shocked me thus far.

In return yardage dynasty leagues, I'd say McCluster is a top 30 WR prospect.

If you don't allow for returns, I'd drop that to top 50.

Sort of a poor man's Percy Harvin, but he may have a better QB than Harvin as soon as next year. Not that his will get better, but that Harvin's will be decidedly worse.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...gain-for-chiefs

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dexter McCluster out again for Chiefs

By Bill Williamson

DENVER -- Kansas City rookie receiver/returner/running back Dexter McCluster is inactive for the third straight game because of an ankle injury.

The Chiefs are also without safeties Jon McGraw (knee) and Kendrick Lewis (hamstring). Donald Washington may be set to start with Eric Berry at safety. The Chiefs have not made that announcement yet. Linebacker Corey Mays is inactive for the first time this season.

Kansas City has signed safety Ricky Price from the practice squad. Linebacker Charlie Anderson was cut to make room for him.

For Denver, running back Laurence Maroney is inactive. Lance Ball, who can play special teams, is active. Denver traded a fourth-round draft pick for Maroney earlier this season. As expected, linebacker Robert Ayers and cornerback Andre' Goodman are inactive because of injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread