What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (2 Viewers)

Just called CS (the higher cancel service CS) and asked to remove the NFL ST Max in 6 payments from my bill. When I asked the woman if I could pay up front instead for a discount she put me on hold for five minutes as she talked to her boss. She came back and said it would be free and also got my monthly bill reduced :)

How long do you usually have to wait between setting up cancellation date and getting the offers?  My procrastination biting me here.  Just set up cancellation this morning and obviously ST kicks off today.  When I call the 210 number they're very on their game ("let me look....looks like I don't have any record of us calling you").  Best they've offered is $30 off for 12 months.

Made a few calls but finally got free Sunday Ticket and Red Zone. Also got half off HBO and SHO for a year. 

Reupped for a year and will go thru the routine again next year. 

Made a few calls but finally got free Sunday Ticket and Red Zone. Also got half off HBO and SHO for a year. 

Reupped for a year and will go thru the routine again next year. 
Cuttin it close, but nice deal right before the game!

How long do you usually have to wait between setting up cancellation date and getting the offers?  My procrastination biting me here.  Just set up cancellation this morning and obviously ST kicks off today.  When I call the 210 number they're very on their game ("let me look....looks like I don't have any record of us calling you").  Best they've offered is $30 off for 12 months.
Hopefully you already cancelled ST.  Once the season starts, you are stuck with the charges.

Procrastination indeed.  You should start earlier next year!

Hopefully you already cancelled ST.  Once the season starts, you are stuck with the charges.

Procrastination indeed.  You should start earlier next year!
This is not true... or never has been for me in the past. They've always offered bill credits in the amount of the ST Charge. I've ALWAYS waited till the season started, then used the first payment showing up as an excuse for calling. 

Going to make my annual call on the way home tonight. 

This is not true... or never has been for me in the past. They've always offered bill credits in the amount of the ST Charge. I've ALWAYS waited till the season started, then used the first payment showing up as an excuse for calling. 

Going to make my annual call on the way home tonight. 
The first charge for ST typically occurs in the month or two before the season starts, so maybe you're not remembering the timeline.  I've always been told that once the season starts, you cannot cancel or get credited for ST if you change your mind.  It's sort of like if you start watching a movie and you hate it, you cannot get your on demand fee back.  At least that's how I've always interpreted it. 

The first charge for ST typically occurs in the month or two before the season starts, so maybe you're not remembering the timeline.  I've always been told that once the season starts, you cannot cancel or get credited for ST if you change your mind.  It's sort of like if you start watching a movie and you hate it, you cannot get your on demand fee back.  At least that's how I've always interpreted it. 
Agreed on the billing part. I've always (at least for the past many years) had the first payment come up on my bill a month or two in advance of the season. This year I had two payments in before the first Sunday. I called the Saturday before and managed to get $60 off per month for 12 months with a 1 year committment.

You're welcome to your opinion of how things have worked for someone you've never met with regards to transactions you've never had a part in.... However that doesn't make it any less wrong. 

Case in point, I dropped extra innings mid season 3 months ago, no problem. They left programming intact and threw in Be In network. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Called back 1 day after disconnect.  After a little haggling I got the standard offer and took it.  I had XTRA package with sports pack.

$53 off bill for 12 months
Free ST Max
$200 Visa GC
3 months all movie channels
12 month committment

See ya in a year, DTV.

I'm sure they've refunded you @[icon] but it definitely is in their ToS that they won't so it may be playing with fire a bit.  In fact when I just did my annual call above 5 minutes ago they mentioned it to me explicitly when they were going over the free ST part of the deal.  Something like "ST will auto-renew next year at full price and will be non-refundable after the first games are played".  It actually kind of stuck out to me because I don't remember them mentioning it to me in the past, so maybe they're planning on tightening up on it going forward.

But yea, the first ST charge shows up long before kickoff of the first game anyway so that excuse is still usable even before the games start.

FYI for any other procrastinators this year like me.

Didn't make my annual call until yesterday since I've been busy with life and they give you week 1 free anyway.  

Called the regular 1-800 number and was offered $40/month, HBO for 3 months, and half price regular ST.  I asked about ST Max and was told she couldn't offer anything with that.  I decline offers and set up cancellation for Tuesday.

About 2 hours later I have a missed call from a 210 number.  I call back, connect with a DTV rep who says if I agree to go ahead and cancel my service at midnight of last night, it will bring up more offers and she will, "make me her first call in the morning."  I agree and play the waiting game this morning.

After receiving no call and researching streaming options for an hour I finally decide to call the 210 number back around 1pm EDT.  I get the same rep on the line (I asked for her name yesterday), and I explain that I spoke with her yesterday and was waiting on her call.  She claims I must have spoken with someone else but says let me see what I can do.

Took about 5 minutes but we agree to $60 off per month for 2 years (actually $55 for 2nd year which required re-enroll in auto bill pay), free upgrade for another wireless genie mini, and ST Max free.  I asked for more but didn't drive a hard bargain as I got the main things I was requesting.

Like a few others mentioned, it seems to me that this process has become more difficult and time consuming since AT&T took over.  They don't seem nearly as responsive to the threat of cancellation as they were in the past.  Last year I had to actually cancel and wait several days, which I never had to do previously.  And when you really look at how they nickel and dime you on the bill with equipment leasing and other fees, its still a rip off even after discounts.  But I've quickly become "old" and dont yet have faith in the reliability of streaming games. 

So I'm sucked back in for at least another year but at least I can watch my FF players underperform in the diminishing product that is the NFL these days.

Yaay me!

You're welcome to your opinion of how things have worked for someone you've never met with regards to transactions you've never had a part in.... However that doesn't make it any less wrong. 

Case in point, I dropped extra innings mid season 3 months ago, no problem. They left programming intact and threw in Be In network. 
No need to be snooty here. This is a thread where people are trying to help each other out.  I'm merely giving my opinion and understanding of how the process worked for me.  How did it work out for you this year?  You haven't followed up with what deal you were given.

I'm sure they've refunded you @[icon] but it definitely is in their ToS that they won't so it may be playing with fire a bit.  In fact when I just did my annual call above 5 minutes ago they mentioned it to me explicitly when they were going over the free ST part of the deal.  Something like "ST will auto-renew next year at full price and will be non-refundable after the first games are played".  It actually kind of stuck out to me because I don't remember them mentioning it to me in the past, so maybe they're planning on tightening up on it going forward.

But yea, the first ST charge shows up long before kickoff of the first game anyway so that excuse is still usable even before the games start.
Yes, that's what I remembered.  It's been several years now where they've always said once the season starts, it becomes non-refundable.  Never a huge concern for me as I've usually managed to get it free, but that is the terms.  

DIRECTV Called back with 1 day left before our cancellation date. 
$43 off + $10 off per month ($636 in savings) plus free Sunday Ticket Max (credits for past payments). So a bit over a grand in savings like usual. 

Total bill should be $70.21/mo for Choice Plus including all the box rentals, HD fees, whole home DVR fees, and service contract fees. I'll take it. 

Anyone had any luck with DirecTV this year? Sorry, couldn’t find the link to the “Free for All” thread mentioned above. Making my annual call to DirecTV tonight ?

I just got an email from DirecTV saying that Sunday Ticket Max this year will be free.  No calling for me this year.  We will be playing football this year!

I just got an email from DirecTV saying that Sunday Ticket Max this year will be free.  No calling for me this year.  We will be playing football this year!
link?  I've had the Ticket regular since 2000- haven't seen any email.....

having a hard time deciphering this off their webpage search blurb:

Other conditions apply. 2020 NFL SUNDAY TICKET regular full-season retail price is $293.94. 2020 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX regular full-season retail price is $395.94. Customers activating CHOICE Package or above or MÁS ULTRA Package or above will be eligible to receive the 2020 season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX at no additional cost.

That means they're giving the upgrade at no cost. You'll still have to pay for the package.

This is in the official blurb at the end of the email 

" DIRECTV SVC TERMS: Subject to Equipment Lease & Customer Agreements. Must maintain a min. base TV pkg of $29.99/mo. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. NFL, the NFL Shield design and the NFL SUNDAY TICKET name and logo are registered trademarks of the NFL and its affiliates. NFL teams and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated."

Hope this helps 

Users who are viewing this thread