What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (1 Viewer)

:shrug: Is after the season started too late for this?
7 year dtv customer and I called last week looking for a deal and nothing. Called back on Friday, chose cancel service and within minutes had ST for free. I gave them the whole long time customer and I pay a separate bill for phone and Internet and I know other people who are getting the deal who aren't new customers.Good luck!
I had it since October 2000 and cancelled on Saturday, 9/10. I was offered to get it for $180 this year, but I wanted it for free. I was not offered that, so I don't have it anymore.

It's all about the contract. They won't start dealing with you until you have less than a year left. If you don't have a contract then you can house them. Also, anytime you lease new equipment or move that starts a new contract. If you ever decide to do anything with your service ask to make sure you're not getting a new 2 year contract.

I have a question about Sunday Ticket on PS3. As a subscriber to Sunday Ticket, am I able to also get the games on PS3?

ETA: Nevermind, found it. Extra $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they usually offer some sort of a mid-season discount? I was thinking of ordering it on my PS3, but it's still full price.

7 year dtv customer and I called last week looking for a deal and nothing. Called back on Friday, chose cancel service and within minutes had ST for free. I gave them the whole long time customer and I pay a separate bill for phone and Internet and I know other people who are getting the deal who aren't new customers.Good luck!
I had it since October 2000 and cancelled on Saturday, 9/10. I was offered to get it for $180 this year, but I wanted it for free. I was not offered that, so I don't have it anymore.
Cancle service!! You have to be willing to do this. they will then transfer you to a customer retension agent. they are the ones who can give out the good stuff!!!!

New pricing for 2012 2012 Sunday Ticket

Two different levels.

Regular Sunday Ticket($199) - You get all games HD, Game mix channel, player tracker, and real time scores and stats

Sunday Ticket Max ($299)- You get all the above plus Red Zone channel, all games available on other devices(phone, tablet, computer), and Short Cuts

Looks to me since the lowered the price on the regular ticket (- RedZone) that it will be harder to get the Ticket for free this year. :cry:

They'd get a lot more purchases offering rz &/or short cut stand alone option. those are the only 2 i watch.

id have no interest in the 199 option.

Cancle service!! You have to be willing to do this. they will then transfer you to a customer retension agent. they are the ones who can give out the good stuff!!!!
Just called for this year, Got $30 off monthly bill, Free HD, Free Starz, and Free Sunday Ticket with RedZone. You Have to say you want to cancel your service to get to a customer retension agent. it can be done

Just called for this year, Got $30 off monthly bill, Free HD, Free Starz, and Free Sunday Ticket with RedZone. You Have to say you want to cancel your service to get to a customer retension agent. it can be done
I just called and got offered the exact same deal minus the RedZone. I passed on it. The RedZone is only part of the Sunday Ticket Max, which also includes Sunday Ticket To-Go. I asked if I could upgrade to "Max" at a later date and she said "no, it would cancel the current deal you are getting and you'd pay full price". What magic words did you say to get the RedZone? I told her I'd think on it and call back soon.....she's going to achieve my current deal for me, so I can take it at any time. I know different agents offer different deals so I'll try to call back at a later time and see if I can swindle the Max package.

I'm thinking very seriously of cancelling Sunday Ticket this year. The wife has been begging me to go triple play for years and I keep putting it off because of the Ticket but with the kids now older and doing sports non-stop, and my going to Eagles home games, it's been harder and harder to justify the Ticket unless it's REALLY REALLY discounted.

'Carl Eller said:
'Longshot88 said:
I just called and got offered the exact same deal minus the RedZone. I passed on it. The RedZone is only part of the Sunday Ticket Max, which also includes Sunday Ticket To-Go. I asked if I could upgrade to "Max" at a later date and she said "no, it would cancel the current deal you are getting and you'd pay full price". What magic words did you say to get the RedZone? I told her I'd think on it and call back soon.....she's going to achieve my current deal for me, so I can take it at any time. I know different agents offer different deals so I'll try to call back at a later time and see if I can swindle the Max package.
well I am wondering if i got it or not. when i asked if i got the redzone he said yes...but said i would have to pay for the to-go part of it.Im not going to push my luck right now. i will call back if the red zone is not included

What a bunch of doosh bags. This totally sucks. They raise the price of sunday ticket just to force you to pay for Redzone, which is the only actual good part of Sunday ticket in my opinion. Total BS.

What a bunch of doosh bags. This totally sucks. They raise the price of sunday ticket just to force you to pay for Redzone, which is the only actual good part of Sunday ticket in my opinion. Total BS.
i do not have a problem with the $199 price, $11.70 a week. but I am not paying $299 just for the red zone. I have no need for the other offering on the Sunday ticket maxi am sure I will get a deal. I have for yearsdown the road I hope the NFL allows other cable/satellite companies to offer the ticket. DTV needs competition

Why not buck up for 299, find a friend that is willing to stream it to their tv via an ipad and then find a third friend to stream it via a ps3? Thats 350/3. Collect from the two friends in advance.

Why not buck up for 299, find a friend that is willing to stream it to their tv via an ipad and then find a third friend to stream it via a ps3? Thats 350/3. Collect from the two friends in advance.
i do not have any friends that have ST or DTV :kicksrock:

They didn't raise the price of Sunday Ticket...they lowered it. What they did was not offer Red Zone as a separate option but make it only available as part of the Max package. And if a customer never watched the RZC anyway they are making out big-time at just $199. They were probably losing too many customers of the full Sunday Ticket who figured, like many evidently, hey why not just watch the RZC? I've had Sunday Ticket since it first came out so I'm happy because I'm getting a lower price at $299 for what I was gladly paying much more for. But I don't see what the issue is. So they get you hooked on RZC then make it only part of the bundle....that's good business strategy. But that's how this country is....it seems everybody wants something for nothing (or next to it).And how is the RZC "the only actual good part of Sunday ticket"? It's a good supplement, but saying it's the only good part is kind of like saying the only good part of sex is the orgasm.

Called to cancel. They ask why- I say its nonsense that new subscribers get free ticket and I do not after ten years. They say thank you for ten years, you will be disconnected June 8th. No offers other than the $199 ridiculous ticket without Redzone. I feel much better having cancelled. Most games are available on computer anyhow.

'Carl Eller said:
'Longshot88 said:
Called back today and accepted the deal for $30 off my bill x 12 months and Sunday Ticket for FREE on top of it. The guy I spoke to today told me that I can upgrade to Sunday Ticket Max at any time for 4 payments of $25!! That fixes it.....can't beat getting $360 off my bill for 1 year. The way I am going to look at it is $260 off for the year and Sunday Ticket Max for FREE. Great deal! Thanks DirecTV!!

I dont understand why they would take off MORE than the actual cost of the Ticket? Seems pretty counterproductive on their part.

I dont understand why they would take off MORE than the actual cost of the Ticket? Seems pretty counterproductive on their part.
I guess because the customer is threatening to cancel service... so they offer some significant discounts and/or upgrades. They don't know that the customer really doesn't want to leave and is simply interested in a free or heavily discounted Sunday Ticket.To DTV's credit, they do seem willing to work with you if you threaten to cancel. But that is the key part, you really do have to threaten, and be willing, to cancel your service. -For me personally, I simply just don't like that game. I hate that companies will only give their best offers to new customers... or to existing, good customers if they piss and moan. I'm not sure what the right/best business strategy is, but I really don't like this one. Good customers should be valued... they shouldn't have to whine in order to get the same perks that others receive.

You guys do realize that ALL the games are free on the internet, in HD. Including RZ. It has been this way for years. :confused:

Called back today and accepted the deal for $30 off my bill x 12 months and Sunday Ticket for FREE on top of it. The guy I spoke to today told me that I can upgrade to Sunday Ticket Max at any time for 4 payments of $25!! That fixes it.....can't beat getting $360 off my bill for 1 year. The way I am going to look at it is $260 off for the year and Sunday Ticket Max for FREE. Great deal! Thanks DirecTV!!
Good for you, you got lucky. Negotiating was a lot tougher this year after the last 5 or 6 seasons of getting good deals. I talked to two different reps on two different days, and best I could do was $180 off my total service over the next year, which essentially brings the Max package down to $119. This is the earliest I've haggled with them, usually wait until July, don't know if going later makes a difference once they see how many renewals they're getting.

You guys do realize that ALL the games are free on the internet, in HD. Including RZ. It has been this way for years. :confused:
Yes, but what a hassle. I'd rather have it on my 60 inch TV without messing with connecting an HDMI to my computer, etc.Also for whoever commented "Everyone wants something for nothing" or whatever the comment was, what's wrong with saving money? I'm not rich but I make a very good wage at work (six figures +), I'm single (with a GF), and I don't have any children......but I still don't throw away my money. I save as much money as I can so I can spend it on trips and save for retirement. What's wrong with that? Just curious.....I don't understand.

Good for you, you got lucky. Negotiating was a lot tougher this year after the last 5 or 6 seasons of getting good deals. I talked to two different reps on two different days, and best I could do was $180 off my total service over the next year, which essentially brings the Max package down to $119. This is the earliest I've haggled with them, usually wait until July, don't know if going later makes a difference once they see how many renewals they're getting.
I think you just have to schmooze a tiny little bit. I acted like I love DirecTV and I told them I don't want to leave but it's just too much money. I also got a guy who's a Lions fan and we chatted for 15 minutes about his team....Stafford, Calvin, LeShoure, Broyles, Best, Suh, and Fairly. The guy was loving it! You just have to play the game a little. Most of our time was chatting while he was setting up the deal, but 15 minutes of time was well worth saving $560 over the course of 1 year.

'Carl Eller said:
'24seven said:
Yes, but what a hassle. I'd rather have it on my 60 inch TV without messing with connecting an HDMI to my computer, etc.Also for whoever commented "Everyone wants something for nothing" or whatever the comment was, what's wrong with saving money? I'm not rich but I make a very good wage at work (six figures +), I'm single (with a GF), and I don't have any children......but I still don't throw away my money. I save as much money as I can so I can spend it on trips and save for retirement. What's wrong with that? Just curious.....I don't understand.
I actually didn't know you can find the games and RZ channel online. I'd be interested to hear more. I'm not poor, but I am a cheapskate. :)

'Carl Eller said:
'24seven said:
Well, saving money and wanting something for (practically) nothing aren't quite the same. The people claiming Directv are douches for not offering the RZC separately for $10 per/mo (or whatever is was) are the ones I was questioning. Also, to the other posters, as per the offering of discounts on other programming (instead of Sunday Ticket) could be due to the fact that the other programming has a much higher profit margin maybe? Just guessing.

What if you haven't been with DTV for 2 yrs? Meaning if you cancel, you have to pay the $20/mo for the rest of the contract (ie, til 2 yrs is up).Obviously if you have been with DTV for 2+ yrs, the move is to threaten to cancel.

What is the move if you technically cannot cancel (or can if you pay a penalty) and they know this?!

Good customers should be valued... they shouldn't have to whine in order to get the same perks that others receive.
I agree with this.Whining or walking away doesn't always work since they know the next guy in line will blindly pay. see Great Benefit

I hate that companies will only give their best offers to new customers... or to existing, good customers if they piss and moan. I'm not sure what the right/best business strategy is, but I really don't like this one. Good customers should be valued... they shouldn't have to whine in order to get the same perks that others receive.
I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Are you implying that every "good" customer should get Sunday Ticket for free?Everyone gets a deal when they sign up. It's motivation to get people to sign up and all the "good" customers got a deal like that when they signed up as well. I call and try to get in on the ticket deal every year but it's not like I'm going to complain if/when they say "no". I'm not entitled to the new customer deal just because the new customers are getting it as I already got that deal when I actually was a new customer myself.

Obviously if you have been with DTV for 2+ yrs, the move is to threaten to cancel.

What is the move if you technically cannot cancel (or can if you pay a penalty) and they know this?!
Do the math. Basically, I had service for 1 year. I looked at the intro offers from Dish, and with their promos, it'd save me $300 or so over the course of a year now that my DirecTV promo pricing had run out. I called, asked what it cost to cancel under contract. It's pro-rated, so it was like $275 or something for me. I basically said, I'll save $25 over the next year if I cancel, pay your termination, and switch to Dish. Then I started talking about that new Hopper DVR dish had. Hot button topic. The rep had all kinds of info on that thing and tried to talk me down...that's when she started throwing discounts out. I could get $15 off my bill for a year, or $30 off for 6 months. Neither extended my contract. I just went with the $30 and I figured I'd call back in 6 months and do it again.

Just threaten to cancel no matter what the termination fees, etc. They'll give you something.

I hate that companies will only give their best offers to new customers... or to existing, good customers if they piss and moan. I'm not sure what the right/best business strategy is, but I really don't like this one. Good customers should be valued... they shouldn't have to whine in order to get the same perks that others receive.
I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Are you implying that every "good" customer should get Sunday Ticket for free?Everyone gets a deal when they sign up. It's motivation to get people to sign up and all the "good" customers got a deal like that when they signed up as well. I call and try to get in on the ticket deal every year but it's not like I'm going to complain if/when they say "no". I'm not entitled to the new customer deal just because the new customers are getting it as I already got that deal when I actually was a new customer myself.
Honestly, I'm not looking for that at all. I'm looking for consistency from companies I do business with. I don't particularly like the business practice that rewards people that call in and whine (and threaten to cancel, ultimately) until they get better prices. I don't like operating in that manner to get the same price the guy down the street from me is getting (just because he calls in and threatens to cancel every six months or whatever). If I pay my monthly bill for years and years and never cause a fuss, everyone and their cousin will probably be getting a better rate, package and technology than me. --I get that DTV needs to pull in new business, and they do so by offering 'deals' to new customers... but that creates a constant cycle where existing customers fall behind in price/package offerings and technology over time. As I said in my earlier post, I don't know what the right/best business strategy is for a place like DTV (I don't pretend to be an expert here), but for me personally, this isn't it. Thus, I opted out of it last year.

Honestly, I'm not looking for that at all. I'm looking for consistency from companies I do business with. I don't particularly like the business practice that rewards people that call in and whine (and threaten to cancel, ultimately) until they get better prices. I don't like operating in that manner to get the same price the guy down the street from me is getting (just because he calls in and threatens to cancel every six months or whatever). If I pay my monthly bill for years and years and never cause a fuss, everyone and their cousin will probably be getting a better rate, package and technology than me. --I get that DTV needs to pull in new business, and they do so by offering 'deals' to new customers... but that creates a constant cycle where existing customers fall behind in price/package offerings and technology over time. As I said in my earlier post, I don't know what the right/best business strategy is for a place like DTV (I don't pretend to be an expert here), but for me personally, this isn't it. Thus, I opted out of it last year.
It's not like other companies give their customers all $300 back every year just for being a customer either. I don't get it. You canceled DirecTv because they gave your buddy down the street a deal?Calling and threatening to get some freebies is an extra thing. If you choose to ignore it entirely you're only back to where you are with every other provider...no free stuff. It's not like you're getting less by being on DTV and not complaining than you are by being on Comcast or Dish and not complaining.

Good customers should be valued... they shouldn't have to whine in order to get the same perks that others receive.
I agree with this.Whining or walking away doesn't always work since they know the next guy in line will blindly pay. see Great Benefit
Absolutely. I work in a customer service field myself and hate having to be "that guy" in my own dealings with people, the one who whines and complains till he gets what he wants, just like the ones I deal with. Would be great to just be straight up and not have to play this game every year just to get a decent price I should be getting anyway for long-term loyalty. I don't expect to get something for nothing, but I don't want to get bent over every year either while new customers get primo deals just because Direct has the NFL monopoly.

It's not like other companies give their customers all $300 back every year just for being a customer either. I don't get it. You canceled DirecTv because they gave your buddy down the street a deal?Calling and threatening to get some freebies is an extra thing. If you choose to ignore it entirely you're only back to where you are with every other provider...no free stuff. It's not like you're getting less by being on DTV and not complaining than you are by being on Comcast or Dish and not complaining.
I don’t know if I’m not laying out my issue clearly or what, but it’s obvious we aren’t seeing this similarly… and that’s fine. I’ve said a couple of times now that I am not a fan of the business strategy etc. I don’t like the inconsistency it brings about and that the main way to close some of the inherent gap is through calling in and whining… or taking your business elsewhere to get the other place’s latest ‘best deal.’ But inevitably, over time, you’ll be in this same boat with Dish Network or whomever as well. I should clarify; I’m not saying DTV is the only provider that does this. Not even close. I don’t like this business practice from any of them… or any business in any industry. In my view, it’s lame that you can only get their best offers as a new customer or if you complain all of the time and get the right customer service rep to work with. But admittedly, these places stick to their contract as promised, in my experience. So then, it comes down to me deciding whether to agree to those terms or to move on and explore other options. I chose the latter last year with regards to DTV.

it cost them basicly nothing to provide you the service. so even if you get sunday ticket free, and pay half for your package , they are still making a profit from you . win win, they get more than thay would have if you walked away, and you get Cheaper TV and free football

I actually didn't know you can find the games and RZ channel online. I'd be interested to hear more. I'm not poor, but I am a cheapskate. :)
I agree... I'd like to hear more also. I looked last year and couldn't find anything.

just called to see what deal they would give me. surprisingly i got

$99 for the ST

no charge for ST max(red zone)

just called to see what deal they would give me. surprisingly i got$99 for the STno charge for ST max(red zone)
Called last week, asked if i could get a dicount on the ST because i just wanted the RedZone and i could get if for $7 a month w/ Dish.They offered me a 6 month credit of $10 off.(lowering my cost to $240).Told them that wasnt gonna do it and id probably switch to Dish before the season started.Called back yesterday and told them i was switching to Dish.The lady asked me if she was to give me the ST for free (inc.RedZone and HD games)would i stay.Of course i said yes.Ive done the same thing the last 5 years and havnt paid for the ticket.2 years ago after all of my credits, they actually paid me $30 to get the ticket.Ive learned over the years if your not under contract, a long time customer, and pay your bill. All you have to do is be persistant and keep calling and telling them your going to switch(ask for retention),sooner or later you will get it for free.

Today I decided to take care of this annual exercise in stupidity.

First guy says he cannot offer me any deals and there is none being offered. Before he lets me go I inform him that is a load of nonsense and that I know of many folks who have gotten deals or free ST. He doesn't budge. (1st call goes this way every time)

Second call, I get a girl named Shayla or something and the added bonus is I can understand her. I tell her about joker#1 and how he cannot hook me up, how I find it offensive that Dtv plays these games with us every year and how the Sunday Ticket w/o Max is a crying joke and that I will totally be fine with nothing more than my $7.99 Netflix if push comes to shove.

She puts me on hold so I can listen to some awesome music (sarcasm). During this time I guess I just want to be done so while I went in thinking its gonna be free or screw it I am gone...I decide if its fair like I have gotten it the last couple years I will just get on with my day.

She comes back and says she can do the ST with Max for either 4 payments of 25.99 or a 1 time payment of $100. When they do this, I really recommend that you take the one-time payment because that way next year when they look at your account, there is just that one discount whereas when they see discounts every month for multiple months they will act like they have done you way more of a favor. Hope that makes sense.

Now last year, I know I did not get the ST To-go as part of the deal and this year it is included with this MAX package so I am really happy with a one-time $100 for all of that. Totally fair price even if some folks manage to get all the way to FREE. There is absolutely no reason to pay more than $150 for this stuff ever and don't let those idiots give you the $200 package with no RZ or HD...total garbage.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Users who are viewing this thread