What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DIRECTV SUNDAY TICKET (1 Viewer)

Mik789fl

Footballguy
Has anyone with The Ticket tried this out yet? It's on channel 701. Your supposed to be able to load up to 18 players and their stats will be displayed as games proceed and your given a notice when any of the players makes a "big" play. I went to the channel,it said loading game tracker,then everything froze on my system,couldn't do a thing. I rebooted the box,same thing,did it 3 times. Anyone else has this problem,or am I missing a step here? Thanks for any help FBG's.

I got it working last year and you'd get an update at the bottom of your screen of whichever game you are watching. Though nothing will beat live scoring on your computer or lappy if you have one close to you.

It's just showing advertisements on 701 for me. Nascar Hotpass, College gameday, etc. With Pink Floyd's " wish you were here".

What boxes are you using that are not working? TiVo, HD, Directv HD DVR etc...?

Also is it easier to use that than to have nfl.com (of course maybe this year it will be) or your league's website?

Mine worked fine last night and this a.m. Pretty nice. Can enter 2 teams of 9 basically. It worked on the DVR box. But you go to 701 and there will be an ad there and then the PT just kicks in and starts to boot up shortly after, so give it some time. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.

What boxes are you using that are not working? TiVo, HD, Directv HD DVR etc...? Also is it easier to use that than to have nfl.com (of course maybe this year it will be) or your league's website?
I've just got a regular Sony sattelite reciever. I don't understand why you ask if nfl.com or my league's website is easier to use than Directtv.Channel 701 is all advertisements for me. Hmmm I wonder what the deal is.

Mine worked fine last night and this a.m. Pretty nice. Can enter 2 teams of 9 basically. It worked on the DVR box. But you go to 701 and there will be an ad there and then the PT just kicks in and starts to boot up shortly after, so give it some time. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.
Yes,I went to 701,there was a sports schedule showing for a few seconds,then a blank screen and a black bar at the bottom saying PT was loading. I waited,and waited,and waited. Finally tried to switch channels and nothing,total freeze up. Rebooted,same thing. Rebooted,same thing. How long did you wait for it to load? I mean I sat there for 5 minutes the first time. Thanks for the response.

What boxes are you using that are not working? TiVo, HD, Directv HD DVR etc...? Also is it easier to use that than to have nfl.com (of course maybe this year it will be) or your league's website?
I've just got a regular Sony sattelite reciever. I don't understand why you ask if nfl.com or my league's website is easier to use than Directtv.Channel 701 is all advertisements for me. Hmmm I wonder what the deal is.
I wonder if you have to have SuperFan?

I don't,... I guess that's what the deal is. :lmao:

:lmao:

Wondering what the advantage of changing the channel away from a game to see player stats vs using a computer nearby to do the same without having to turn away from a game.

Wondering what the advantage of changing the channel away from a game to see player stats vs using a computer nearby to do the same without having to turn away from a game.
You can split the screen and not miss any action,plus The Player Tracker(when it's working) gives a message at the bottom of the screen of the game you're watching when 1 of your players makes a "big" play. So they say,I can't get mine to load and didn't have it last year.

Mine worked fine. Loaded in my team's 9 players and my opponents 9 players. I have an HR20 receiver. Not really sure if Ill use this every week cuz I often have my NFL.com open all day anyway but Ill test it out this week.

Almost 100% positive you need to have one of the newer receivers to receive this feature and all other interactive features.

ie HR20, H20, D10. Tivo wont work

Sort of off-topic, but are any of you guys seeing the game channels in your guide yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the cheap DirectTV R-15 unit and had no problems. I didn't even know about that feature until reading this thread. Cool!

For those of you that got it to work, how long did it take to load?

I went all the way through to the black screen with blue border but it stayed black. Did I just not give it enough time? I had to reset my system afterwards, maybe I exited to soon.

it should load within 5 seconds. a black box will come up in the lower left corner saying PT is loading.........

For those of you that got it to work, how long did it take to load?I went all the way through to the black screen with blue border but it stayed black. Did I just not give it enough time? I had to reset my system afterwards, maybe I exited to soon.
about 5-10 seconds

Tried to do it about a week ago, and I pretty much decided that will have to wait until tomorrow. I didn't know it existed last year, and I got a popup on the screen telling me about it when I went to the first Sunday Ticket channel on Opening Sunday. I figure it will do the same tomorrow.

Almost 100% positive you need to have one of the newer receivers to receive this feature and all other interactive features.ie HR20, H20, D10. Tivo wont work
I have a brand new DirecTv HD DVR receiver,I got them to credit me the full cost so it was free,maybe that's why the PT won't load! :no:

Almost 100% positive you need to have one of the newer receivers to receive this feature and all other interactive features.ie HR20, H20, D10. Tivo wont work
I have a brand new DirecTv HD DVR receiver,I got them to credit me the full cost so it was free,maybe that's why the PT won't load! :no:
Mine won't fully load either. It goes all the way to the player update screen but then freezes up and I have to reset the system. Menu buttons work but the channel won't change or exit from the black/blue screen. It's an HR20 and I have superfan, but ,ome too was free...

I have a brand new DirecTv HD DVR receiver,I got them to credit me the full cost so it was free,maybe that's why the PT won't load! :sadbanana:
Mine won't fully load either. It goes all the way to the player update screen but then freezes up and I have to reset the system. Menu buttons work but the channel won't change or exit from the black/blue screen. It's an HR20 and I have superfan, but ,ome too was free...
Hmmmm,I see a trend here. A vast DirecTv conspiracy against subscribers who got their equipment for free. Maybe I'll just let it slide,call them later and ask for "some kind of credit" for not getting EVERYTHING I paid for.

Funny story re: the games not showing up in my Guide. If you set your Favorites to exclude channels at a time when the NFL Sunday Ticket games where not active, then they won't show up when the are activated unless you reset your Favorites to include all channels. So if anyone's channels aren't showing up, check your Favorites.

Just tried it again. Same thing,froze up and now when it resets it goes back to 701 and freezes again. What the f@#$%

Just tried it and had no problems loading up 18 players. It only took my receiver a few seconds to start loading the PT then went to the selection screen. I also didn't know about this feature until this thread so thanks for the tip!! :jawdrop:

For those that have the ticket but not the Super Fan pack, I was able to get a free upgrade when I threatened to cancel the ticket, so it may be worth a shot (I know there's a whole thread dedicated to upgrades and credits from DTV).

I have the HD DVR, loaded up in 5 seconds, loaded both my teams up for tomorrow... :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Have the Superfan and the H10 receiver, but 701 is just displaying the schedules of the sports channels. I'm just curious if anyone has got this to work and does NOT have the phone jack plugged in like you're supposed to (I don't)? Wondering if that is the determining factor or not.

For those of you with cable, Time Warner's doing the same thing on the stats display (and. I didn't mess with it since I always have the laptop up while watching games. You can load up to 25 players. They're offering:

Receive scoring alerts while you're watching a game or your favorite TV show.A ticker on the bottom of the screen displaying current player headlines, injury updates, game time status, breakout performances and more.

It worked smoothly for me.

I have an H20, HD interactive reciever, not hooked up with a phone line. Using channel 701, it loaded in seconds and then I was loading my players.

I'm hosting the league party tomorrow and can't wait to see the faces of the other owners every time one of my players scores and his name flashes on the screen. PRICELESS!!

I believe the key is you MUST have an interactive reciever, and Superfan, for it to work.

Thanks for the heads up with this thread! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread