What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (1 Viewer)

Bruce Dickinson said:
B-Deep said:
Bob Sacamano said:
Seems like they should just quit letting kids and fat people into WDW. Problem solved.
:lmao: Mickey: "this place would be awesome if it weren't for all the kids"

Donald: "preaching to the choir, cheesebreath"
:lmao: :lmao:Piglet: Oh dear, that chick was enormous!

Tigger: I wouldn't bang her with Pooh's ****. Woo-hoo-hoo-hooooo!
Oh bother. That must have been her honey pot, because I'm now a sticky mess.

I just wanted to pass along our experience at DW a couple of weks ago. Our son is 3.75 years old and has pretty serious ADHD. He's started an early learning program through our school district to help prepare him for kindergarten and public school. He had to be diagnosed by his doctor and school psychiatrists/social workers.

Anywyas, there is absolutely no way he could stand in a line for more than 10 minutes without having a meltdown. Running around, bothering people, arguing, falling to the ground and kicking... We were so scared wouldn't be able to do much other than walk around, watch people and eat.

We took a Dr's note (same one we needed to get him into the school's ELP) to guest services the first day we got there. They gave us a handicapped pass to use his his stroller like a wheelchair and to get to the front of all lines. It truly made our trip a 9 on a scale of 1-10 vs. what would have probably been a 1-2. Even though our son doesn't look disabled, the hardship and trouble he would have caused for us and the other guests waiting around us would have been awful. It really was a blessing for us.

ETA - Gotta agree with Frank; while we never asked for any special treatment beyond the line passes, it felt like a many number of times, the staff went out of their way to do something a little "extra special" or nice for our son; even a character spending an extra minute or two with us, or an employee giving him a sticker. It was really special for all of us..

Last edited by a moderator:
Last comment on family pass - I do hope (and expect) Disney to get it right. As others have mentioned it is unbelievably heartwarming to see kids light up when they see characters or see a show/fireworks. And that's just any kid (including my own). Seeing kids who otherwise wouldn't get to join be able to do almost all rides is just magical. I watched a girl get on Soarin who appears as though she is probably always in her wheelchair. I made my kids stop and let her and her family go by - I didn't get to see her reaction to the ride but I would have loved to, she was probably having the time of her life.

Early preview of Food and Wine at EPCOT today. My god - I could have spent all day (and a few hundred eating and drinking my way around the world). My wife cut me off after about 4 hours. Brazil crispy pork belly was AWESOME as was the Caipirinha. Enjoyed most everything I had - will try to convince the wife to go back tomorrow for the official open.

ETA - if you are in Orlando the lines were very reasonable - I guess most folks expect to go tomorrow or later so go tonight if you can. I think by the time we left all the stations were open and I was close to groping a princess so my wife got me out of there.

MNSSH party - worth the $300+ I'll have to pay? The concern I have is what happens if it rains? Do they let you move to another day?

MNSSH party - worth the $300+ I'll have to pay? The concern I have is what happens if it rains? Do they let you move to another day?
You can not move it as they sell X amount of tickets per night to the event and they sell out

As for if it is worth it, I think so. You essentially get to do the entire park in a night and wait on minimal lines freeing up the day you go there to do whatever you want since you did it already.

Plus, my kids absolutely loved dancing with Woody and Jessie and then with Stitch. They have dance parties all night.

My advice on the trick or treating if you are there on halloween. Go to the Polynesean and walk back towards the pool. They have a line of staff giving out candy. Then get on the monorail and get off at the Grand Floridian. Mickey and Minnie are there in costumes and there was a DJ with more trick or treating

Woody and Woody

Grand Floridian Witches

Stitch Dance party

The Hallowween party is certainly a fun thing to do once. But just once. Overall I don't think it really is worth the extra money, but it's an experience that you should do one time.

The Christmas party is the same thing. Again, really not much ultimately worth it, though it is cool to have it snow on Main Street. We did it once and will never do it again - it wasn't bad, just in all honesty if you go there a lot you pretty much get the magical parts of these extra parties for free if you know where to look.

We are going on the Fantasy for a week in October. Anybody done that one?

My buddy at work said he a Disney cruise last year and they had a lobster day. Just kept bringing lobsters out to the buffet area. Sounds amazing.
Yes. Took the family Oct 2012 on a 7 day. St. Thomas, St. Maarten, CCay. Had a 5 & 3 year old at the time. Best family vacation ever and we take quite a few. Loved it so much we signed up for Oct 2014, same exact itinerary on the Fantasy. I don't remember a lobster day but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Let me know if you have any questions...

My buddy at work said he a Disney cruise last year and they had a lobster day. Just kept bringing lobsters out to the buffet area. Sounds amazing.
Yes. Took the family Oct 2012 on a 7 day. St. Thomas, St. Maarten, CCay. Had a 5 & 3 year old at the time. Best family vacation ever and we take quite a few. Loved it so much we signed up for Oct 2014, same exact itinerary on the Fantasy. I don't remember a lobster day but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Let me know if you have any questions...
:blackdot: Maybe Christmas 2014

Awesome. How amazing is the food?

/fat

The Hallowween party is certainly a fun thing to do once. But just once. Overall I don't think it really is worth the extra money, but it's an experience that you should do one time.

The Christmas party is the same thing. Again, really not much ultimately worth it, though it is cool to have it snow on Main Street. We did it once and will never do it again - it wasn't bad, just in all honesty if you go there a lot you pretty much get the magical parts of these extra parties for free if you know where to look.
We are doing Mickey's not so scary Halloween next week... kids are looking forward to it

playin4beer said:
Yankee23Fan said:

We are doing Mickey's not so scary Halloween next week... kids are looking forward to it
Talked to a lady on the Tram today - said it was worth the cost. Lots of candy and the "good stuff" as she put it. Lots of characters, especially villains and dance parties which the little kids will love.

Have a great time and please post about the party as others have done - would love additional tips and pointers.

playin4beer said:
Yankee23Fan said:

Talked to a lady on the Tram today - said it was worth the cost. Lots of candy and the "good stuff" as she put it. Lots of characters, especially villains and dance parties which the little kids will love. Have a great time and please post about the party as others have done - would love additional tips and pointers.
Your party tickets should get you into the park a couple hours before the party starts, if not more. Just be sure to get your wristbands when you enter; once the party starts, folks in the parks can stay and shop, but they can't board rides or join in party activities without the party wristband.

The character interactions at the Halloween and Christmas Parties are more fun and more interactive. I think I've told my stories about doing the Running Man with Woody at the Roundup Dance Party at Xmas, my daughter and I doing Gangham Style with Buzz and the Army Men at Tomorrowland Terrace at Halloween, and Tigger flexing and doing the cupped-paw-to-ear pose after I yelled, "CHICKS DIG YOU, TIGGER!" during a particularly fawning Halloween meet-and-greet.

At the Halloween party, a lot of the characters will be wearing Halloween costumes, some of which are outfits they only wear at the Halloween Party.

I agree with the sentiment that it is too pricey to do over and over again, but it is definitely worth doing once.

Keep in mind that the rides also stay open late, so if your kids aren't into the characters, the ride lines will be shorter than usual and will thin out even more as the night progresses. So if you have the time/paitence to rest up some during the day, you will make up the time at night.

Premier said:
steelerfeever said:

Awesome. How amazing is the food?

/fat
We aren't foodies, but it was good. Especially Remi and the other place. Just took the wifey on a 7 day Med Cruise on a new RCI ship and the Fantasy had better food. Highly advise research on DisBoards forum and participating in Fish Extender exchange. Lastly, ask about adjoining rooms. We were quoted $4600 for 1 room or $4800 for adjoining rooms. Family of 4. We left door open in between and had our own space.

Just signed up for that FastPass+ deal for my long weekend in October. I kind of know what it is, but can't do anything until I get my FL resident vouchers I guess. The bracelets are interesting.

Last minute 'Ohana reservations!! Suck it Yankee! ;)
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!!!!!!!!Damn, I could go for some honey coriander wings right about now. Followed by several meats on sticks with a selection of dipping sauces poured directly from God's right hand.

Enjoy, Cousin!
Thanks Bruce - it was glorious as always. I swear those potstickers are my weakness, everything is delicious but I always eat about 8-10 of those damn things. I never leave enough room for seconds of the bread pudding.

:fatass:

Magic Kingdom's Not So Scary Halloween nights are awesome. If you want an amazing parade, light show and fireworks, it's the best. If you want to ride rides, the lines are almost non-existent.

We did 3 days of "normal" Magic Kingdom and one, separate night of Halloween in the Park (also did one day of Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studious each).

The normal days with our 3.75 year old, our schedule was Disney from 9/10 AM - 7/8 PM. On Halloween in the Park nights, you can't get in till 7 PM unless you also bought a day ticket (so we were told; we didn't try any earlier), but even getting there at 7, we still had no trouble staying and having a blast until the park closed at midnight (all rides and stuff stayed open that late).

I wouldn't try to do both reg Disney and Halloween in the Park on the same day. You'd have to pay double, and "resting" on the Halloween evening day was a must us; especially since the previous days had been BUSY and for Halloween n the Park, we dressed up in costumes. We went as "Up" characters (I was Carl (old man), my son was Russell, and my wife Kevin (the Snipe)); There were a TON of folks in costumes. As far as weather went, the nights were much better than the days once the sun went down I would have been miserable in my costume if he hadn't done most of that day after the sun went down.

Magic Kingdom's Not So Scary Halloween nights are awesome. If you want an amazing parade, light show and fireworks, it's the best. If you want to ride rides, the lines are almost non-existent.

We did 3 days of "normal" Magic Kingdom and one, separate night of Halloween in the Park (also did one day of Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studious each).

The normal days with our 3.75 year old, our schedule was Disney from 9/10 AM - 7/8 PM. On Halloween in the Park nights, you can't get in till 7 PM unless you also bought a day ticket (so we were told; we didn't try any earlier), but even getting there at 7, we still had no trouble staying and having a blast until the park closed at midnight (all rides and stuff stayed open that late).

I wouldn't try to do both reg Disney and Halloween in the Park on the same day. You'd have to pay double, and "resting" on the Halloween evening day was a must us; especially since the previous days had been BUSY and for Halloween n the Park, we dressed up in costumes. We went as "Up" characters (I was Carl (old man), my son was Russell, and my wife Kevin (the Snipe)); There were a TON of folks in costumes. As far as weather went, the nights were much better than the days once the sun went down I would have been miserable in my costume if he hadn't done most of that day after the sun went down.
They let you in early. We have gotten in as early as 4:00 once for the Christmas party. But agreed, on the rest. We did Animal Kingdom, went back to swim and then got changed into costumes and hit up Polynesian, Grand Floridian and then Not so Scary party

any tips on getting good deals for the park hopper passes? taking the family (4 of us) for a trip in late November (before Thanksgiving)

Am leaving for a Disney Cruise (my 2nd) in a couple of weeks. Do any of you have experience on the Dream? Can you share any tips or fantastic experiences you had? It's a 4-night cruise.

We're following that up with a day at the MK and a day at HS. Staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the first time (we usually say at OKW or AKL). Have a plan for the two theme park days already so those should be stress free. The Cruise? I'm not feeling like much of an expert on that one...
Just got of the Dream for a 4 day 3 weeks ago. The Golden Mickeys show is good and would put "Believe" in the can not miss category. The theater was very dusty sitting next to my daughter. Villains Tonight can be skipped if you want extra aqua duck time.

I am not much of a beach guy, but loved Castaway Kay. Well kept up and Disney service on the beach. The all you can eat BBQ was right off the beach.

My kids did not want to leave the oceaneer's club. We had late dinning also. We would go to the shows. When we ordered drinks, we ordered the kids food. It was brought out just as we were getting our drinks and the kids ate just as we were finishing our first of 5 courses. We had it set up where kid entertainment would come get the kids from the dinner table just as we were getting into the main courses of our meal. We sat there having a nice peaceful main course and dessert/coffee. Then we went to the skyline bar for a drink, the sports bar if there was a game on or Evolution if there was an adult stand-up guy that night. We would then have to yank the kids out the first night from the Oceaneer's club, but by the last night we just let them stay in until close at midnight.

Also did Pallo's brunch. It was fantastic.

Am leaving for a Disney Cruise (my 2nd) in a couple of weeks. Do any of you have experience on the Dream? Can you share any tips or fantastic experiences you had? It's a 4-night cruise.

We're following that up with a day at the MK and a day at HS. Staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the first time (we usually say at OKW or AKL). Have a plan for the two theme park days already so those should be stress free. The Cruise? I'm not feeling like much of an expert on that one...
Just got of the Dream for a 4 day 3 weeks ago. The Golden Mickeys show is good and would put "Believe" in the can not miss category. The theater was very dusty sitting next to my daughter. Villains Tonight can be skipped if you want extra aqua duck time.

I am not much of a beach guy, but loved Castaway Kay. Well kept up and Disney service on the beach. The all you can eat BBQ was right off the beach.

My kids did not want to leave the oceaneer's club. We had late dinning also. We would go to the shows. When we ordered drinks, we ordered the kids food. It was brought out just as we were getting our drinks and the kids ate just as we were finishing our first of 5 courses. We had it set up where kid entertainment would come get the kids from the dinner table just as we were getting into the main courses of our meal. We sat there having a nice peaceful main course and dessert/coffee. Then we went to the skyline bar for a drink, the sports bar if there was a game on or Evolution if there was an adult stand-up guy that night. We would then have to yank the kids out the first night from the Oceaneer's club, but by the last night we just let them stay in until close at midnight.

Also did Pallo's brunch. It was fantastic.
We did a 4 day on the Dream in May. I agree with all of this. Nassau can be skipped. Not much to see there. We loved Castaway Cay. Of the shows, Villians Tonight is the one to skip.

So has anyone been at Disney on Easter Sunday? I just booked an eight day at the Contemporary and I am trying to figure out how to handle Easter Sunday. My kids are 8 and 4 so E.B. is still in play. I am thinking we will be at MK on Sunday morning as I heard there is a parade? My big question is where should we eat? We will have a park hopper so my first instinct is Garden Grille in Epcot for dinner. Not really sure about lunch. Thoughts on Easter? Tia.

So I wil be at Disney from 10/25 to 10/27. I will be at MK on the 26th. So do I have to leave at 7pm since I don't have a ticket for the Halloween thing or what?

So I wil be at Disney from 10/25 to 10/27. I will be at MK on the 26th. So do I have to leave at 7pm since I don't have a ticket for the Halloween thing or what?
you do not eed to leave, but you will not be able to ride the rides after 7

So has anyone been at Disney on Easter Sunday? I just booked an eight day at the Contemporary and I am trying to figure out how to handle Easter Sunday. My kids are 8 and 4 so E.B. is still in play. I am thinking we will be at MK on Sunday morning as I heard there is a parade? My big question is where should we eat? We will have a park hopper so my first instinct is Garden Grille in Epcot for dinner. Not really sure about lunch. Thoughts on Easter? Tia.
Has anyone been to the Easter parade? I could really use some guidance on it if so. Thanks!

Back to work... it's kind of nice because I could use the rest ;)

I set a pedometer on my phone after one day at the parks.. the second day (which was less walking than the first day) came in at 7.8 miles..

All in all, it was a good vacation. My girls had a blast and that's what matters. A couple of things:

The quick service dining plan that we had gotten for free?? amazing.. Too much food. We had so many leftover meals and snacks it was crazy. My wife got a bunch

of bagged candy and such for gifts and we still had leftovers. And the food itself was pretty decent depending on where we used them.

The "Not so Scary" Halloween Party was pretty cool. The kids got a ton of candy and the lines were pretty short, especially later.

Our biggest crowd was Saturday night at the Magic Kingdom.. it got pretty crazy that night.

On the downside, I've never been to Disney where so many things malfunctioned or were shut down. Just our own experiences, Expedition Everest was temporarily closed,

Splash Mountain quit while we were on it, Test Track was temporarily closed, the people mover at the Magic Kingdom stopped a couple of times while we were on it, and finally

on our way from Hollywood Studios to the Magic Kingdom the monorail train in front of us broke down. So they had to reverse us back to the transportation center and then

we had to take the ferry..

Just booked an impromptu trip to the Nick Hotel for my sons bday. He loves it there. We are keeping it low key but plan on hitting up the Christmas party on 12/15.

Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants at the Boardwalk? Going down the first week of December as staying at the beach club which is right near by. Anything else is walking distance would be great but looking for something outside of EPCOT since it would be for our first night down when we don't have tickets for the parks.

ETA - We have small kids.

Thanks

I'm locked in. Going with the fam for the first time Jan 11 to 18th.

Any good resources for which rides are right for my kids (ages 3.5 and 5.5 at time of trip)? Anything with maps so I can route plan?

26 days......

O'Hana, Le'Cellier (twice) Japan, And I think there is a hoopdeedoo in there as well. I need to fast for the next three weeks so that I have room for the goodness or I am going to weigh 400lbs when I get back.

Any good resources for which rides are right for my kids (ages 3.5 and 5.5 at time of trip)? Anything with maps so I can route plan?
Your kids will like the rides at the Magic Kingdom the best. The 5.5 year old will probably be able to ride Big Thunder mountain and splash mountain. Not sure about Space Mountain. My daughter who is on the tall side was able to when she was 5. If the 3.5 one is on the tall side, they may be able to get in on Thunder mountain and splash mountain as well. I think its 42 inches

There are not a ton of rides for the little ones at Animal Kingdom, but there are great shows

Hollywood Studios has some rides but it is geared for kids a little older. Toy Story is the best one. Get there early and fast pass it.

Epcot is fun and has a nice mix.

I used the Disney World android app... It worked well, but was slooooow.

Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants at the Boardwalk? Going down the first week of December as staying at the beach club which is right near by. Anything else is walking distance would be great but looking for something outside of EPCOT since it would be for our first night down when we don't have tickets for the parks.

Thanks
The Cat Cora restaurant is solid. Loved Beach Club. Hopefully you'll get in that pool.

Thanks
Good places to eat, but not too much for the kids there. Personally like the River Brewery's meatloaf. Cape May has snow crab. Kat kora's place, yachtsman's steak house and the flying fish are good, but not the experience you look for with kids. My kids love the pizzeria and hang by the pool option on the boardwalk.

Unless something has changed this year, you will be asked to leave the MK if you are in the park after 7:00 and you do not have a wristband for MNSSHP.

Unless something has changed this year, you will be asked to leave the MK if you are in the park after 7:00 and you do not have a wristband for MNSSHP.
We went to MNSSHP and had the wristbands... set up at different areas of the park were workers that wouldn't let you go any further unless you had a wristband on.

So technically I guess if you're going to sit in the same spot and not move, you can stay there ;)

I think we are going to do a trip to Disney next fall. Is it too early to look at booking the trip now? If we book now and the run a special like free dining would we still be eligable for the special? Are we better off booking way in advance or waiting until closer to time?

I think we are going to do a trip to Disney next fall. Is it too early to look at booking the trip now? If we book now and the run a special like free dining would we still be eligable for the special? Are we better off booking way in advance or waiting until closer to time?
i have found them to be very accommodating when new prices come out or dining. They will also run different scenarios for you so you get the best deal. Book now and keep checking for price drops or free dining. They will change it for you.

Thanks...fortunately the night I am at MK is the one night that weekend it is not going on.

i have found them to be very accommodating when new prices come out or dining. They will also run different scenarios for you so you get the best deal. Book now and keep checking for price drops or free dining. They will change it for you.
This. Or if you use one of the Disney authorized agents, they will handle updates for better pricing, free dining, etc., for you. And it doesn't cost anything extra to book through them.

Thanks
Good places to eat, but not too much for the kids there. Personally like the River Brewery's meatloaf. Cape May has snow crab. Kat kora's place, yachtsman's steak house and the flying fish are good, but not the experience you look for with kids. My kids love the pizzeria and hang by the pool option on the boardwalk.
Beaches and Cream is there at the Beach Club and my kids love it. Food isn't great IMO but they have wonderful desserts.

Your kids will like the rides at the Magic Kingdom the best. The 5.5 year old will probably be able to ride Big Thunder mountain and splash mountain. Not sure about Space Mountain. My daughter who is on the tall side was able to when she was 5. If the 3.5 one is on the tall side, they may be able to get in on Thunder mountain and splash mountain as well. I think its 42 inches

There are not a ton of rides for the little ones at Animal Kingdom, but there are great shows

Hollywood Studios has some rides but it is geared for kids a little older. Toy Story is the best one. Get there early and fast pass it.

Epcot is fun and has a nice mix.
Splash Mtn and Big Thunder Mtn are both 40 inches. Space Mtn is 42.

Link

HULK, you can also find maps and a bunch of other good info at that site.

As for what your kids will like, you might need to figure that out on your own. All kids are different. Mine has always liked Epcot the best. When he was not quite 5 years old, he was just barely tall enough (44 inches) for Mission Space and that ended up being his favorite ride. Other parents of small kids avoid Epcot completely thinking they will be bored. :shrug:

Well, we are gonna be beta testing the wristbands.
We had the magicbands when we were there two weeks ago..
Cool. How'd it go? My wife has already called them twice to deal with issues on line reserving things.
It went pretty smoothly for us... I had the Disney World app loaded on my phone and our reservations linked to it. I made fastpass reservations with the app and then we'd just tap the mickey head on the band to the "reader" at the entrance to the ride and we were good to go.. We also had the quick service dining plan and used our magicbands for those.. I liked any of our girls being able to open the door to our room with their magicband.. it was much quicker then trying to fish the room card/key out of my pocket. I wore mine on my left wrist and while I haven't worn a watch in years, I keep checking my magicband for the time ;)

Well, we are gonna be beta testing the wristbands.
We had the magicbands when we were there two weeks ago..
Cool. How'd it go? My wife has already called them twice to deal with issues on line reserving things.
It went pretty smoothly for us... I had the Disney World app loaded on my phone and our reservations linked to it. I made fastpass reservations with the app and then we'd just tap the mickey head on the band to the "reader" at the entrance to the ride and we were good to go.. We also had the quick service dining plan and used our magicbands for those.. I liked any of our girls being able to open the door to our room with their magicband.. it was much quicker then trying to fish the room card/key out of my pocket. I wore mine on my left wrist and while I haven't worn a watch in years, I keep checking my magicband for the time ;)
Nice. Didn't think of the app. Will work on that tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread