What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disrespecting Donald Trump vs disrespecting the office of the Presidency (1 Viewer)

Good, so students can boo Alpha Don if they want. Rephrasing my question for our Alabama residents here, how anti-Trump are UA students, UA students who go to the football games at that, in comparison to university students (who attend football games) elsewhere?

Alabama has a high % of out of state students, something like 60%, in order to rake in big tuition bucks. They mostly recruit from wealthy white areas of the country to maintain this. Most of those students probably don’t support Trump (thousands are from Illinois for instance). If it were only down to the students I doubt Trump could count on majority support.

Buuut… that stadium holds 100k people and most of them ain’t students, so while I remain hopeful for additional boos I expect a majority in attendance will support Trump. But if they don’t, megalol.

Apparently Trump was booed at a UFC event recently.  I'm starting to wonder if there is any public, non-rally event that he wouldn't get booed at.

You tryna get me banned for answering that?? 😉
I think my question should've gone in the Trump rally thread. But the question about who constitutes "everyday regular American" is an intriguing one with an ever-changing answer. And conservatives/traditionalists usually are a little slower in identifying and adapting to change than their non-conservative counterparts. That's not meant to be a dig; differing perspectives toward change are pretty much the defining characteristics of our social politics.

So, let's be real here.  His ego has been so bruised by the World Series debacle and now this UFC fight that he's just looking to butter himself up by pandering to the Deep South, right?   It comes off like an insecure person fishing for compliments.  It's the equivalent of playing a video game on hard mode, getting your ### kicked, and immediately turning it back to easy mode so you can feel good about yourself.

So, let's be real here.  His ego has been so bruised by the World Series debacle and now this UFC fight that he's just looking to butter himself up by pandering to the Deep South, right?   It comes off like an insecure person fishing for compliments.  It's the equivalent of playing a video game on hard mode, getting your ### kicked, and immediately turning it back to easy mode so you can feel good about yourself.
According to Trump's base he was not booed at the UFC event at all so I'm sure Trump isn't phased at all by it.

I’m seeing on Twitter that he was cheered. I did not see them show anything about him on tv but haven’t been watching real close so it’s possible I missed it. 

That he went to a UFC fight and Alabama game within weeks after getting booed at the World Series is very Trumpy. 

Good people all over this country. 
Cheering or booing a person is wholly irrelevant to a person's goodness. It should also be factored in that most everyone in the stadium is probably a 6-pack in by now, and could use the distraction from the pasting on the field.

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

11/9/19, 4:14 PM

I don’t care about the president being booed in Washington DC

This is how real America feels about ⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩

Incredible!

Will the MSM report on this as extensively as they reported on the Nationals game?

RT so they can’t ignore!

pic.twitter.com/Fm2BWMeugB

:confused: The cheering was before the game started and blaming alcohol  :lmao:
FWIW, I don't care how they treat him, alcohol or not. But let's not pretend that a group of college students/alumni in an SEC stadium in various states of inebriation provide an accurate cross section of the nation at large.

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

11/9/19, 4:14 PM

I don’t care about the president being booed in Washington DC

This is how real America feels about ⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩

Incredible!

Will the MSM report on this as extensively as they reported on the Nationals game?

RT so they can’t ignore!

pic.twitter.com/Fm2BWMeugB
Ahh the old “real America” schtick. So pathetic.

I'm saying that drunk college students and guys trying to relive their glory days don't reflect the nation as a whole. 
Wow.....that's quite an interesting broad generalization. So drunk college students support Republicans? I would love to see a link to that. 

Wow.....that's quite an interesting broad generalization. So drunk college students support Republicans? I would love to see a link to that. 
He was in the Deep South, where his base is ubiquitous. Since most of the nation is not the Deep South, it does not reflect the views of the nation at large. 

What else you got?

Look at the map.. its in Alabama and bingo thats where Roy Moore ran and was almost elected by the residents of Alabama.  Where they also advised the students not to act up or they would lose their seats for future games.  

IF President Trump does not get cheered in Alabama .. then he is in more trouble than anyone thought.       

Well to be fair, the student were originally threatened that they would loose their tickets for the rest of the season if they booed him...although that was later walked back but maybe they felt it wasn't worth risking it

It’s like writing off the Nationals fans that boo’d as probably Marion Berry voters 
meh....anyone putting any stock in the "cheering" or "booing" outside the comedic factor of them putting stock in it is a group all in the same boat...just rowing in different directions.

Users who are viewing this thread