What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DRAFT: Offensive Tackles (1 Viewer)

Reaper

Footballguy
Just looking back to last year draft - Anyone have opinions on last years rookie Tackles?

Draft scuttlebut says THIS is a great draft for Offensive takcles - Now, I look back at grades and talk from last year and I wonder if a draft like last year with supposedly less overall talent was a the better draft to get OT talent?

I'm looking at PFW Draft grades for the following:

Player Grade Drafted

Alex Barron 6.54 19

Khalif Barnes 6.53 53 (Why did he fall?)

Jammal Brown 6.50 13

Marcus Johnson 5.90 49

Ray Willis 5.70 105

Adam Terry 5.65 64

Michael Roos 5.50 41

This years grades:

1) Brick 7.5 :excited: Come on.

2) Winston Justice 6.20 REALLY - Below the top 3 guys from last year and in a worse draft he's projected as a top 1st round pick????

3) Daryn Colledge 5.8

4) Marcus Mcneil 5.8

5) Eric Winston 5.75

6) Andrew Whitworth 5.57

I see Brick, Justice, Mcneil and Winston going in most mock drafts top 40..

Just seems like last year had some more bargains.

According to these grades - guys like Mcneil and Winston, in a draft with supposedly better all around talent, should be 3rd round guys.

And don't kill me on this, I know it's hard to compare grade and such and you have to go by what you see but, I just see an opportunity for discussion somehwere in here - I'd especially like to hear comparison opinions as well as how the rookies fared last year from homers.....

Bad grades.

Honestly I think both D'Brick and Justice deserve 7.5 + grades.

McNeil and Winston should have 6+

College around 5.8. Then the rest below 5.

I agree Blue Peep - as a fan of a team in need of an OT, I'm hoping the Chargers wait if Justice isn't there at 19 and go in another direction, and grabbing OL help later in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad grades.

Honestly I think both D'Brick and Justice deserve 7.5 + grades.

McNeil and Winston should have 6+

College around 5.8. Then the rest below 5.
Gallery was an 8.0 With the talk of Brick being a below average run Blocker and a guy who recently put on a lot of weight to get up to NFL standards - I just don't see him as a top 5 pick.

As a Jets fan, i really hope they don't go for Ferguson.

Man, like everyone else I was dying to get one of those tackles last year especially when they fell like Barnes did....

Again - Any quick impressions of Barnes, Barron, Brown etc?

Barnes had a terrific year. He was a steal. He's so good that his college teammate from two years ago, Joe Toledo, is getting a bump in his grade. Brown didn't move to the left side like Barnes, but he probably had a more impressive year. This is a future franchise LT.

Barron was decent, but struggled considerably more than the two above. He's starting on the right side and will continue to until Pace is gone. Guess that grade was a little off.

Marcus Johnson worked out great. Some think he'll end up at guard, but he moved out to tackle, and established himself as a very good player. There's a possibility he can move to LT in time. I like him.

Willis looks developmental. Big project. What do you expect for a 4th rounder?

Roos is starting at RT and the Titans seem pleased with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barnes had a terrific year. He was a steal. He's so good that his college teammate from two years ago, Joe Toledo, is getting a bump in his grade. Brown didn't move to the left side like Barnes, but he probably had a more impressive year. This is a future franchise LT.

Barron was decent, but struggled considerably more than the two above. He's starting on the right side and will continue to until Pace is gone. Guess that grade was a little off.

Marcus Johnson worked out great. Some think he'll end up at guard, but he moved out to tackle, and established himself as a very good player. There's a possibility he can move to LT in time. I like him.

:thumbup: Thanks...Man, I knew the Jets should have taken a Tackle last year - Every person who looked at the draft knew it - But, at least we have our Kicker and Doug Freaking Jolley.....

Many people had Barnes a no brainer for the Jets in the 1st round - Then they move back to the 2nd round in the Jolley deal and Barnes is STILL there... Yet Bradway was still hung up on getting a kicker - yup, a possible franchise tackle just fell in your lap and you still take the kicker... Unbelievable...

:thumbup: Thanks...Man, I knew the Jets should have taken a Tackle last year - Every person who looked at the draft knew it - But, at least we have our Kicker and Doug Freaking Jolley.....

Many people had Barnes a no brainer for the Jets in the 1st round - Then they move back to the 2nd round in the Jolley deal and Barnes is STILL there... Yet Bradway was still hung up on getting a kicker - yup, a possible franchise tackle just fell in your lap and you still take the kicker... Unbelievable...
That last line made me :lmao: How I hate kickers in the draft.

Here's the thing though. I like this years class of tackles better.

Brown looks like a stud, and Barnes looks very solid. Barron, Roos, and Johnson are players.

This year I think you have two studs instead of one. I think you have two or more that are solid instead of one. I think instead of three who are players, you have a half dozen like Roos and Johnson. Of course a few will bust, but there's literally 11 or 12 of these guys who should have beefy grades.

Studs:

D'Brick with little doubt. Unmatched athleticism compared to last years group.

Justice with a very small doubt. Better athleticism than any tackle in the history of civilization.

Solid:

McNeill

Winston

Whitworth

Players:

O'Callaghan

Scott

Colledge

Trueblood

Cook

Toledo

McQuistan

Whimper

Streif

The sleepers are even a little deeper. I've been watching D'Brick and his teammate Brad Butler is an excellent player with nice upside. Better than Petitti anyway. Winston's teammate Rashad Butler is a little light for now, but he's got the feet of an LT.

Alls not lost.

Users who are viewing this thread