What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2015 Draft Prospects (3 Viewers)

I for one appreciate both of your posts, almost always, even when I disagree with the opinions or tones of those posts. So I'd hate to see this constant friction push either of you away. But I think you're both confident enough to continue putting your thoughts out there, so I hope you don't stop.

Do you share any leagues? If so, I'd be interested to see who's work prevails in an actual competitive dynasty/devy environment rather than just in theory.
No common leagues and I don't think playing in one would "prove" anything one way or another, regardless of the fact that I don't feel the need. One league is just one league and you'd have to look at a larger sample size to get a sense of how two people stack up.

One thing I'll say about FF is that there's often a pretty wide gap between someone's reputation and his actual acumen. It's like poker in that regard. A lot of guys with "street cred" and a visible public profile are considered fish among the real big winners. Being a staff member at Site X or having a zillion Twitter followers doesn't necessarily say anything about a person's real know-how. There are guys in my leagues that don't post anywhere or seek the spotlight in any way, and yet demonstrate a lot more knowledge than certain pundits that everyone knows. I've played with some name brand guys who haven't distinguished themselves in actual competition (some are just flat out donators). I've been the fish at times myself, especially when I was first starting. I think I've turned a corner in the last year or two, but my win rate wasn't what it could have been and I'm still paying for old bad decisions in several of my leagues.

There's not necessarily a lot of accountability in this hobby. Every year is a new cycle and last year's predictions generally get swept under the rug. A few things will stick, but most things will be forgotten. Most of the specific calls people make are forgotten and what's left over is maybe a general impression with a handful of notable calls that form a sort of lasting legacy. So people think, "Yea, that guy is pretty good/bad because I remember he loved/hated this player who busted/blew up" but they're making those judgments while only recalling a tiny fraction of that person's overall analysis. Most predictions aren't tracked. People who whiff badly generally aren't named/shamed. Likewise, people who get things right aren't necessarily acknowledged for doing so. The end result is that a given pundit's reputation probably depends more on things like eloquence, visibility, and effort than it does on actually making good assessments and decisions.

All that being said, it would really shake up the hobby if something like OPR/SharkScope (tools that track and rank online poker players) was created to aggregate and monitor performance on sites like RTS and MFL. I know in my leagues the guys who have won the most aren't necessarily going to garner any "best poster" mentions on FBG, pimp themselves on Twitter, or even have an agreement to write for a site. Likewise, I'm sure you could toss quite a few staff members from places like ESPN and RotoWorld into a legitimately tough league and watch them get devoured.

Last edited by a moderator:
All that being said, it would really shake up the hobby if something like OPR/SharkScope (tools that track and rank online poker players) was created to aggregate and monitor performance on sites like RTS and MFL.
I've pitched this idea to DLF -- that they should partner with Fantasy Pros to develop a methodology for ranking the rookie prospect rankers. Something similar to what they've done for weekly redraft projectors. The timeline would have to be longer, but I think it would work.

All that being said, it would really shake up the hobby if something like OPR/SharkScope (tools that track and rank online poker players) was created to aggregate and monitor performance on sites like RTS and MFL.
I've pitched this idea to DLF -- that they should partner with Fantasy Pros to develop a methodology for ranking the rookie prospect rankers. Something similar to what they've done for weekly redraft projectors. The timeline would have to be longer, but I think it would work.
It's a cool idea. One potential problem is how slow-moving FF is. It can take YEARS to find out whether you were right or wrong about a player. Just think about the career arcs of players like Thomas Jones and Tiki Barber. You had to get through quite a bit of the muck before they really hit their stride. So you could be known as the guy who was "wrong" about them for 3-4 years before they finally turn the corner and live up to your expectations. I know you're a big Garoppolo fan. How many years are you going to have to wait to find out if you got that one right? 1? 2? 3? 4? I'm still holding Ryan Mallett in a few leagues twiddling my thumbs.

FF reminds me of a really slow poker game where you get to play only a handful of "hands" per year and then you might have to wait a few years more to see the results of those hands. If you play poker online, you can get in thousands of hands in a day. Even so, one big tournament score can totally skew your results. You might have to play tens or hundreds of thousands of hands to get a real sense for how good you are.

Think about that and consider that even a hyper-active FF owner is probably only making 2-3 dozen important decisions per year (rookie picks, waiver moves, trades). The end result is that this isn't really an efficient hobby for getting prompt and extensive feedback about the quality of your decisions. If there's anything to offset that, it's maybe the sheer insane degree to which you can "win" a good decision. For example, how huge would it have been to have drafted Alfred Morris and Marques Colston in every one of your rookie drafts? Massive, but all the same this hobby moves at a glacial pace for the most part and that makes it quite difficult to monitor your performance or anyone else's without the benefit of several years and several leagues to build up a halfway decent sample size.

You have a habit of acting like anyone who disagrees with you is clueless and hasn't watched the players in question.
Yes, because everyone who disagrees with you slightly must not have watched the player in question. That's always a fun (and tremendously arrogant) viewpoint.
These are the epitome of :potkettle: .
Actually this would qualify as a double :potkettle: :potkettle: since you tend to do the exact same thing.

Like I said in the Bryce Brown thread, my only recollection of your posts comes from the Trent/Michael/Stewart/Gerhart threads where you come in, claim to have an objective and grounded perspective on the player, express skepticism towards any opinions that you believe are too optimistic, and seem almost outraged when people don't agree with your take. Certainly I have an ego and believe in the quality of my own opinions. That's a common affliction in this hobby. However, I think I've gotten better about accepting the fact that I'm never going to convert everyone to agree with my take. I've actually tried to stay out of the pissing matches over players like Trent, Michael, and Stewart for the most part this offseason. Sometimes I can't resist the siren's song, but certainly if you asked me in a moment of clarity I would say that I have little interest in whether or not people agree with me. What concerns me is being right, not having others believe that I'm right.

You probably lack the self-awareness to realize that your interactions with people in the threads I mentioned above give off the exact same impression that you probably have of me. Someone who believes in the primacy of his own opinion to the extent that he's almost stupefied by the fact that others don't see it that way ("OMG how can anyone rank Michael that high?!? They must be crazy!"). My experience dealing with you in those threads is that your tolerance for analysis that you find disagreeable is every bit as low as mine, yet that doesn't stop you from persisting under the delusion that you're somehow above it all. And that's basically why you remain yet another source of great comedy for me.

EBF said:
humpback said:
You have a habit of acting like anyone who disagrees with you is clueless and hasn't watched the players in question.
EBF said:
Yes, because everyone who disagrees with you slightly must not have watched the player in question. That's always a fun (and tremendously arrogant) viewpoint.
These are the epitome of :potkettle: .
Actually this would qualify as a double :potkettle: :potkettle: since you tend to do the exact same thing.

Like I said in the Bryce Brown thread, my only recollection of your posts comes from the Trent/Michael/Stewart/Gerhart threads where you come in, claim to have an objective and grounded perspective on the player, express skepticism towards any opinions that you believe are too optimistic, and seem almost outraged when people don't agree with your take. Certainly I have an ego and believe in the quality of my own opinions. That's a common affliction in this hobby. However, I think I've gotten better about accepting the fact that I'm never going to convert everyone to agree with my take. I've actually tried to stay out the pissing matches over players like Trent, Michael, and Stewart for the most part this offseason. Sometimes I can't resist the siren's song, but certainly if you asked me in a moment of clarity I would say that I have little interest in whether or not people agree with me. What concerns me is being right, not having others believe that I'm right.

You probably lack the self-awareness to realize that your interactions with people in the threads I mentioned above give off the exact same impression that you probably have of me. Someone who believes in the primacy of his own opinion to the extent that he's almost stupefied by the fact that others don't see it that way ("OMG how can anyone rank Michael that high?!? They must be crazy!"). My experience dealing with you in those threads is that your tolerance for analysis that you find disagreeable is every bit as low as mine, yet that doesn't stop you from persisting under the delusion that you're somehow above it all. And that's basically why you remain yet another source of great comedy for me.
:lmao:

Get over yourself, dude. You accuse other people of doing the same exact nonsense that you do over and over and over again. It would be bad enough if you actually had a good track record, but combining yours with your equally poor attitude is unbearable.

Why bother trying to "convert" people to agree with you? Opinions are going to vary greatly, no harm in that. Facts should not, yet you constantly spout off things which are just plain false to try and support your views on a player. Comedy at it's finest.

:lmao:

Get over yourself, dude. You accuse other people of doing the same exact nonsense that you do over and over and over again. It would be bad enough if you actually had a good track record, but combining yours with your equally poor attitude is unbearable.
That's the sort of thing I was talking about. You take other people to task for having a big ego and then proceed to tell them how they should act. The fact that you think I should be inclined act the way you think I should act is a reflection of your own ego. I have no obligation to conduct myself in a way that you find agreeable. If I'm a hypocrite then I've got company. That was the point of the above response.

Fact is that you have a tendency to pop up in threads that I'm involved in, spout some negativity, and take some cheap potshots while trying to maintain the moral high ground. I can't recall many times when I've done the same for you because ultimately I don't find you as interesting as you seem to find me. We've been through these motions many times before and if you haven't realized it yet, I don't particularly value your opinion. Why would I try to "convert" people? Well, I would ask the same of you. Why do you continue to quote my posts and start discussions with me when it's clear that nothing you say is going to "convert" me to your school of etiquette (again, irony)?

I think it stems from the issues I alluded to above. Namely that you have a pretty huge ego in your own right and seem to view yourself as the arbiter of what's right/wrong. If anyone pushes back against your attempts at establishing control, well it's obviously their fault because it couldn't be you who's also acting obnoxious, right? Hmmm....

Playing forum police probably isn't the ideal strategy for discouraging people from...playing forum police. And if I'm guilty in that regard, I'm certainly not alone. I'm trying to duck most of the "my ego vs. your ego" debates these days and only came back into this discussion because my name was dragged through the mud without provocation, yet here you are quoting my posts with the same old tired routine as if I'm suddenly going to wake up and see the light of your infinite wisdom. Hint: nobody cares.

EBF is more focused on politics rather than actually discussing the players at hand. Instead he chooses to focus on my posting style. Because he cannot refute my analyses. It's never about "what" I post, instead it's always about "how" I do it.

He brings up Chris Boyd, Jarius Wright, and Brian Quick to slander me yet is not genuinely interested in discussing them. You are free to re-visit those players in the appropriate threads.

See, I'm genuinely interested in his individual and independent thoughts on DeVante Parker and Sammie Coates. He has yet to include any analysis in his posts since I recently brought them up. Also still waiting to finish the Maxx Williams discussion http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=702717&p=16941891%C2

I find it hilarious that he doesn't bring up Odell Beckham/Marqise Lee. The one debate that he was heavily and passionately involved in on the opposite side. Gee I wonder why. Because he can't say "look at their draft slots, I told you so!". Because that is his lazy way of validating himself. You will notice that he has since cooled very much on Lee. Because he puts so much stock into draft slot as a basis for most of his drivel. Watch when Lee blows up, he will hop back on that wagon.

How about Andre Williams/Stephen Houston? Was I comparing an inferior talent to a superior one? I had Stephen Houston pretty high didn't I? Oh, but he had elite workout numbers. Something you put so much stock into. How about where I had Seastrunk? Oh wait we all whiffed on him.

As far as "touting myself to be the first" goes and "not watching the games"....umm....: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=666153&page=12#entry16376876

As for "getting decent at this". You should listen to yourself. As I've said before, I've gotten a lot better within the last year and a half. When I feel really confident about quantifying the athletic ability of certain players, I've went ahead and put my predictions out there. See Beckham, Sankey, Ryan Grant, Stephen Houston, Cody Latimer (this one was on another site). I would not have been able to do this last year.

There are numerous other players who did well at the Combine who I didn't give much though to. Because I didn't have strong feelings on them either way.

The bottom line is that I don't care what you think of me. I only care about what you think about the players based on what you've seen with your own eyes. But you are lost without data.

nirad3 said:
Xue said:
nirad3 said:
EBF said:
If that's how I've come across then that's unfortunate. I'm less and less interested in posting on FF forums these days because so much of it degenerates into...

"I'm right."

"No, I'm right."

"You're wrong!"

"No! You're wrong!"

And that's just a tremendous waste of time and energy. Maybe I haven't succeeded yet, but I'm trying to focus more of my energy on making good calls to serve my own interests, putting a certain amount of my analysis out there for people to consider, and not getting caught up in the tug-of-war of trying to "win" arguments about specific players. Such an epic waste of time and totally irrelevant to my goals, which are simply to make good predictions and do well in my leagues.

I've often said that one of the nice things about this game is that you get to put your money where your mouth is. If you think Coates, Dyer, Brian Quick, or whoever is destined for greatness then you can act accordingly and reap the rewards without needing the peanut gallery's approval. If anything, it serves your interests best when they disagree with you and happen to be wrong.
You shouldn't have to explain yourself. You provide quality analysis. FWIW, so does Xue (at times, and I would suspect you'd agree?)... but yeah, he does it in a smug manner and tends to play the "gotcha" game, particularly with you. That is what is unnecessary.

If this guy's so good at all this, wonder why he hasn't been picked up by a pro team for a scouting position yet. :coffee:

Yes, join date is somewhat recent in the grand scheme of things... yes, post number is low... but I've been a "reader" for a lonnnng time and let's just say I have a "few" posts at "another fantasy football website". :ph34r: Stuff like this happens everywhere. You'd be best to just stop playing his game and just post whatever you feel like. :yes:
I don't think there's much money being a Pro scout. There are plenty really good independent ones on Twitter.Though, I will let you know that I have been contacted by 3 different major FF sites within the last few months to write for them on prospects/Devy. But I may ultimately decline anyway.

Alright back to some actual football talk.

Thoughts on DeVante Parker and Sammie Coates? Go.
:lol: The kind of response I think everyone here expected from you, guy.

You're the man. :moneybag:
Please continue to foolishly act like you know me. Just another poster here to attack my personality and have nothing to offer against my analysis.

Faust said:
Let's get back to actual football discussion.

If Waller can "put it all together", he could be this year's Kelvin Benjamin (a 22-year old, late-blooming WR). Or if some team converts him to TE, he could be the next Ladarius Green. Looks to have much more natural speed than Benjamin.

I'm confused as to why Waller isn't being "labeled" a TE or a "mismatch", yet Devin Funchess is. They're both the same listed height and weight.

The bottom line is that I don't care what you think of me. I only care about what you think about the players based on what you've seen with your own eyes. But you are lost without data.
If I'm consistently spotting the local guys like Tyner, Lee, Luck, Seastrunk, Allen, P Richardson, and Montgomery relatively early in their careers then how is it that I'm "lost without data?" Just another figment of your imagination, like the idea that Chris Boyd has NFL potential. I look at concrete tangibles. That doesn't mean it's all that I look at. Ironically, I've been doing this a lot longer than you and don't really need to explain myself. I know my own methods far better than you know them. I'd rate my eye for talent well above yours, but then we all have an ego.

I've been pretty harsh on you at times, but really just to point out that I think you make way too many "out there" hero calls and that the frequency with which you make those calls makes it hard for me to take any one of them seriously. When you are always looking for the hidden conspiracy theory or the underrated gem, you're going to whiff a lot. You can take that as an insult or you can take it as a honest criticism. One thing I can say is that being brutally honest with yourself about your own shortcomings and bad habits is an important part of actually improving (and that applies to almost anything in life).

I think I acknowledged that even a broken clock is right twice a day (Beckham/Lee). I'm not going to look through all of your posts to find the things you've gotten right and you certainly haven't done the same for me. Not sure why you think there's any obligation otherwise. As for your call to discuss Parker/Coates, why should I feel obligated to answer it? Most of my posts center around the small minority of players who interest me at any given time. Parker and Coates aren't on that list. I haven't made any posts in the Dri Archer, Ryan Williams, or LeVeon Bell threads either. Doesn't mean I have no opinion on them. Just means I have no particular inclination to get involved in the discussion. Likewise, you demanding that I discuss players like Williams or Coates doesn't compel me to do so.

All that out of the way, this thread has gone way off the rails and I'm perfectly content to make this my last "off topic" post here for a while. I've been a guilty party in these useless tangents, but so have you. If you'd focused on your analysis (which is allegedly all that you're really interested in discussing) instead of dragging out my old quotes for no particular reason then this whole mess would've been avoided. When you play that game though, you're pretty much begging for the Brian Quick/Jarius Wright/Chris Boyd treatment. That's what started this whole avalanche.

So while I apologize to the readers of these exchanges for suffering through this nonsense, it wasn't really my intention to take it down this road. One guy starts popping off, a few more come out of the woodwork, and suddenly it's a full blown mess. I need to sidestep these situations a little more gracefully in the future.

Anyone that has to tell us how great they are at scouting prospects automatically gets ignored by me. Those posters are just looking for an ego stroke instead of a good discussion.

And for god's sake EBF just #### for once. You've spent two weeks crapping in this thread trying to start a scouting war with multiple people.

Anyone that has to tell us how great they are at scouting prospects automatically gets ignored by me. Those posters are just looking for an ego stroke instead of a good discussion.

And for god's sake EBF just #### for once. You've spent two weeks crapping in this thread trying to start a scouting war with multiple people.
For someone who doesn't care about his "street cred" he sure spends a lot of time defending it or taking offense to anyone who questions it.With Xue, I may not agree with him all the time but at least you can have an actual conversation to debate about the player at hand.

Why EBF decided to throw his hat in the ring on Parker/Coates with snide comments earlier then backtrack away from the topic with things like "As for your call to discuss Parker/Coates, why should I feel obligated to answer it? Most of my posts center around the small minority of players who interest me at any given time. Parker and Coates aren't on that list." Is exactly why I find it impossible to take him at all serious.

Is this what reay goes on in this thread? Hard to sort through EBF stroking himself here chill out.

I read everyone's opinion and watch the players and everyone ultimately makes their own opinions. Nobody has a perfect track record, not even NFL GMs. Stay cool.

nirad3 said:
EBF said:
If that's how I've come across then that's unfortunate. I'm less and less interested in posting on FF forums these days because so much of it degenerates into...

"I'm right."

"No, I'm right."

"You're wrong!"

"No! You're wrong!"

And that's just a tremendous waste of time and energy. Maybe I haven't succeeded yet, but I'm trying to focus more of my energy on making good calls to serve my own interests, putting a certain amount of my analysis out there for people to consider, and not getting caught up in the tug-of-war of trying to "win" arguments about specific players. Such an epic waste of time and totally irrelevant to my goals, which are simply to make good predictions and do well in my leagues.

I've often said that one of the nice things about this game is that you get to put your money where your mouth is. If you think Coates, Dyer, Brian Quick, or whoever is destined for greatness then you can act accordingly and reap the rewards without needing the peanut gallery's approval. If anything, it serves your interests best when they disagree with you and happen to be wrong.
You shouldn't have to explain yourself. You provide quality analysis. FWIW, so does Xue (at times, and I would suspect you'd agree?)... but yeah, he does it in a smug manner and tends to play the "gotcha" game, particularly with you. That is what is unnecessary.
I second this.

This is the reason this forum has deteriorated. People constantly going after each other instead of taking opinions as being just that. The days of attacking the post and not the poster are gone. Anymore it seems like 70% of posts now are either the beginning of or in reactions to "You were wrong about ..."

I use to come here for the "So, what do you think about ..." Sadly, that seems to be the minority now.

Still enjoy the site for the information, but find it harder and harder to even click on anything written in the forums anymore, even though I still very much value most posters opinions.

Oh, and yes .. please blast me for saying all this, seems to be the way now ... more than ever.

(And yes I realize and thoroughly understand how my post here has added nothing to this site)

:D

Let's get it back on track....

What are people's thoughts on Ty Montgomery?

For some reason, he seems to be very under the radar. Most of the devy rankings that are out there on the web don't even have him in the top 50, which seems a little crazy to me. Perhaps because he is a senior? Or because there isn't much recent history with successful Stanford WRs?

For whatever its worth, Montgomery is solidly in the top 20 of my devy rankings.

Positives:

-Very high character and intelligent guy. Decided to go back to get his degree. Political Science major at Stanford, so you know he has the brain power to learn an NFL offense. (Think Jordan Matthews. This stuff matters a lot more than most people seem to want to acknowledge.)

-Great size at 6'2, 200+ (though I will be curious to see if that is confirmed at the combine).

-Big time special teams impact. 1,000+ yards on returns as a junior. 33 yards per kick return average.

-Looks very fast on tape. Reported 4.4 40 time according to Stanford coaches.

-Seal of approval from David Shaw (a highly respected coach in NFL circles) who said he thinks he will be a #1 WR in the NFL.

-Will be a 21 year old senior.

Negatives:

-Knee injury cost him time as a sophomore.

-Though he had 1,000 yards and 10 TDs receiving last year, a lot of that came against weaker competition (destroyed Cal for example). Was held in check by the Michigan St. secondary in the Rose Bowl. This is a pretty minor weakness though as much of it can be explained by the run first Stanford offense.

Let's get it back on track....

What are people's thoughts on Ty Montgomery?

For some reason, he seems to be very under the radar. Most of the devy rankings that are out there on the web don't even have him in the top 50, which seems a little crazy to me. Perhaps because he is a senior? Or because there isn't much recent history with successful Stanford WRs?

For whatever its worth, Montgomery is solidly in the top 20 of my devy rankings.

Positives:

-Very high character and intelligent guy. Decided to go back to get his degree. Political Science major at Stanford, so you know he has the brain power to learn an NFL offense. (Think Jordan Matthews. This stuff matters a lot more than most people seem to want to acknowledge.)

-Great size at 6'2, 200+ (though I will be curious to see if that is confirmed at the combine).

-Big time special teams impact. 1,000+ yards on returns as a junior. 33 yards per kick return average.

-Looks very fast on tape. Reported 4.4 40 time according to Stanford coaches.

-Seal of approval from David Shaw (a highly respected coach in NFL circles) who said he thinks he will be a #1 WR in the NFL.

-Will be a 21 year old senior.

Negatives:

-Knee injury cost him time as a sophomore.

-Though he had 1,000 yards and 10 TDs receiving last year, a lot of that came against weaker competition (destroyed Cal for example). Was held in check by the Michigan St. secondary in the Rose Bowl. This is a pretty minor weakness though as much of it can be explained by the run first Stanford offense.
Montgomery has the physical tools to be a #1, but not the natural WR skills. Just one of those guys that look a lot better with the ball in his hands than without. Sometimes I wonder if he should just convert to RB like Dwayne Washington.

His 215 listing looks legit as he's quite muscular. I fully expect him to put up a great Combine.

He wouldn't be a good RB because he's not that shifty. Most of his YAC stuff is just catching the ball and running in a straight line. That's also why he's used on kickoffs, but never on punts. He's not really adept at making people miss. He gains yards because he's fast and he gets into his stride quickly.

He will play in the NFL because of his physical tools, but he's not a spectacular natural WR. Just a north-south powerhouse with decent route running and quickness. Not very elastic and doesn't come up with a lot of "wow" catches.He cleaned up a lot of his drop problems last year, but all the same he plays a bit stiff and mechanical. Likely always will. I think the best case scenario for him is becoming a Pierre Garcon type of player. A physically strong deep threat who will yield mixed results if thrust into a primary role. I think he's a likely 2nd-3rd round pick unless he just blows up as a senior. He will certainly have a first round caliber combine, but that isn't necessarily enough (see: Moncrief).

Rotoworld:

Draft Insider Tony Pauline views Bowling Green redshirt junior WR Chris Gallon as a fourth-round prospect prior to the 2014 season.
The is one round worse than Pauline's projection for Gallon prior to last season, pegging him with a third-round grade. The tall (6'4/220 lbs) receiver missed a large portion of last season following a knee injury that was sustained in October.

Source: TFY Draft Insider
NFL Media Analyst Daniel Jeremiah notes that NFL scouts timed Miami senior WR Phillip Dorsett at 4.35 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
"NFL Scouts timed Miami WR Phillip Dorsett at 4.35. He needs a lot of polish as a route runner but he's explosive and tracks the ball easy, Jeremiah tweeted. The 5-foot-9, 185 pound Dorsett has the kind of explosion to make impact plays for the U this season. However, with QB Stephen Morris off to the NFL the Canes offense could be vertically challenged with someone new under center. Either way, Dorsett remains the U's big-play threat on the offense and on special teams this season.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter
After studying game tape of Kansas State senior WR Tyler Lockett, NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah compared Lockett's playing style to former Sooner WR Jalen Saunders.
"Finished studying K-State WR/KR Tyler Lockett. Reminded me of Jalen Saunders but Lockett is more of a body catcher," Jeremiah tweeted. The 5-foot-11, 175 pound wideout has smaller hands which can often cause him to double catch balls and use his body. However, Lockett is a precise route runner, with the ability to cut on a dime, and take the top off a defense. He finished the 2013 campaign with 81 catches for 1,262 yards and 11 TDs.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

No Mekale McKay. It figures. Do these guys really watch tape?

Probably the best pure deep threat in the nation.

https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status/404059190374584320

Nugget from #Bearcats prep: Mekale McKay's 9 career TD catches (including 2 at Arkansas) have averaged 33.8 yards
There's another Senior Miami TE besides Walford that should definitely be getting some pub, yet no one is talking about him at all. Let's just say he didn't play football last season.

Rotoworld:

Draft Insider Tony Pauline views Bowling Green redshirt junior WR Chris Gallon as a fourth-round prospect prior to the 2014 season.
The is one round worse than Pauline's projection for Gallon prior to last season, pegging him with a third-round grade. The tall (6'4/220 lbs) receiver missed a large portion of last season following a knee injury that was sustained in October.

What's crazy is how much more effective the offense was after he went down for the count. He did not play well pre-injury, so he's got a lot to prove this year. H/W/S is the only reason he's still on draft boards, his play did not support it.

No Mekale McKay. It figures. Do these guys really watch tape?

Probably the best pure deep threat in the nation.

https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status/404059190374584320

Nugget from #Bearcats prep: Mekale McKay's 9 career TD catches (including 2 at Arkansas) have averaged 33.8 yards
There's another Senior Miami TE besides Walford that should definitely be getting some pub, yet no one is talking about him at all. Let's just say he didn't play football last season.
McKay will get his chance to show it this year. Gunner Kiel has the deep ball to make this happen and I imagine throwing down the field to Mckay will be a primary option for the offense.

Rotoworld:

What's crazy is how much more effective the offense was after he went down for the count. He did not play well pre-injury, so he's got a lot to prove this year. H/W/S is the only reason he's still on draft boards, his play did not support it.
Completely agree, but it might be hard to decipher in the new offense. He's going to put up huge numbers in this scheme just by being out there which will help his stock, but doesn't mean much for or against him in terms of the NFL.

Rotoworld:

He held his own against Florida in 2012.

Rotoworld:

He held his own against Florida in 2012.
Kent 2012 too.

I'd like to see it again sometime because in the other dozen plus games it hasn't been there.

Rotoworld:

The NFL has changed how it handles the Draft Advisory Board process, as underclassmen will now be given one of three grades: first-round, second-round, or neither, which equals "stay in school," according to NFL Network's Albert Breer.
There used to be five kinds of grades given: 1) As high as first-round; 2) As high as second-round; 3) As high as third-round; 4) Not in first three rounds; 5) Undraftable. This simplifies the process. Breer also points out only five prospects from a respective school can apply for a grade, and the board can turn down applications. There are still unknowns with the process, but we should know more during the underclassmen period from December to January.

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

No Quinshad Davis?

No Travis Greene, Jordan Williams, Matt Johnson, and Juwan Brescacin?

Brescacin is probably the most talented WR in the conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCw8h9nZ2kU
Let's add Cameron Stingily to that MAC list as well. Big back with great feet. Looks like an Eddie Lacy clone. Played LB before converting to RB last season.

cheese said:
No Quinshad Davis?

No Travis Greene, Jordan Williams, Matt Johnson, and Juwan Brescacin?

Brescacin is probably the most talented WR in the conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCw8h9nZ2kU
Matt Johnson will be an NFL QB, but I will be surprised if he leaves early for the 2015 draft which I think is the criteria for that article.
Agreed, but a strong year from Greene and I could see him bolt. Love his patient running style. If he shows some chops in the passing game as the rumor mill around BG is saying he has the niche needed to offset his lack of speed to justify jettisoning early. Top of the RB class looks stacked, but he could easily slide into day 2 imho.

I can't not hype my guy Dyer either. Nobody else in the devy world is banging the drum, so I've got to do the Atlas all by myself.
Rotoworld:

Michael Dyer - RB - Cardinals

Louisville senior RB Michael Dyer could "potentially draw NFL interest with his undeniable natural talent," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

Dyer ranked 20th in the nation as a sophomore with 1,242 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011 as a member of Auburn. Since transferring to Louisville, he's had to share carries with a talented group of backs. This fall, he and Dominique Brown will form one of the nation's best 1-2 punches. A sports hernia led to season-ending surgery last December. "Prior to surgery, Dyer had 44 carries for 223 yards (5.1 avg) and two TDs, and if he can rebound from the injury, could once again be a nice change-up to Brown and potentially draw NFL interest with his undeniable natural talent," Brugler wrote.

Source: CBS Sports

Jul 18 - 11:02 PM

Zach Zenner is a guy I think will get a chance at the next level. Unfortunately, I recently read he's more interested in going to medical school. I'd like to see him put it on hold because I think he could find success on the big stage. I cut one of him games against NAU a couple of months ago:

http://youtu.be/SX7bf3peg_M?list=UU_daA5gM0OTdji4JOy3w60A

I finally got my hands on the Nebraska game. He was taken out with 10 minutes to go, but he absolutely shredded the Cornhuster D to the tune of 200+ yards. He flashes speed, explosiveness and agility.

http://youtu.be/OOgP__4I3d8?list=UU_daA5gM0OTdji4JOy3w60A

Also, there wasn't any tape of Shock Linwood floating around so I cut his Texas Tech game for anyone interested:

http://youtu.be/ZvlLG2KM5KY?list=UU_daA5gM0OTdji4JOy3w60A

Faust said:
I can't not hype my guy Dyer either. Nobody else in the devy world is banging the drum, so I've got to do the Atlas all by myself.
Rotoworld:

Michael Dyer - RB - Cardinals

Louisville senior RB Michael Dyer could "potentially draw NFL interest with his undeniable natural talent," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

Dyer ranked 20th in the nation as a sophomore with 1,242 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns in 2011 as a member of Auburn. Since transferring to Louisville, he's had to share carries with a talented group of backs. This fall, he and Dominique Brown will form one of the nation's best 1-2 punches. A sports hernia led to season-ending surgery last December. "Prior to surgery, Dyer had 44 carries for 223 yards (5.1 avg) and two TDs, and if he can rebound from the injury, could once again be a nice change-up to Brown and potentially draw NFL interest with his undeniable natural talent," Brugler wrote.

Source: CBS Sports

Jul 18 - 11:02 PM
IMO Dyer is a lot more talented than Brown (surprise surprise). My guess is that he'll be a lot more than a "change-up" and that saying he could "potentially draw NFL interest" is a pretty massive understatement. Nothing I haven't said before, but watch this space. Petrino is at the controls, Dyer is healthy, and he even has his old Auburn number back (not that it matters at all). He's one of the 5-6 guys I'm most eager to see this season.

The problem is that anything Dyer does this year should be just about 100% ignored. He'll be 24 in October and will be playing guys who are 18-21 -- it's literally men against boys.

The problem is that anything Dyer does this year should be just about 100% ignored. He'll be 24 in October and will be playing guys who are 18-21 -- it's literally men against boys.
Yeah, this is a huge problem. It's like a 2nd year pro playing in college... From an age and physical development standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread