What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2015 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

David Cobb - RB - Golden Gophers

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that there are "a number of running back needy teams who my wait until the fourth round before drafting at the position as a result of the quality and depth available this year."

The analyst specifically mentions David Cobb and Buck Allen "as fourth round ball carriers teams believe will contribute as rookies." In other years, Cobb and Allen would be firmly in the Day 2 conversation, and it wouldn't surprise if either get there; Josh Norris recently mocked Cobb to the Colts in Round 3. "The other back who NFL decision makers feel will contribute right away as a late second/early third day pick is Duke Johnson," Pauline added. "Presently I grade the Miami junior as a second round pick and feel he’ll immediately produce in the right system."

Source: TFY Draft Insider

Apr 29 - 2:15 AM

Rotoworld:

Bryce Petty - QB - Bears

The Saints believe Baylor QB Bryce Petty "is the best pure passer" in the 2015 draft, according to Bob McGinn.

McGinn notes the Saints worked Petty out last week and goes as far as to mock the quarterback to the Saints at No. 31. "Petty has time to learn how to make reads and play from under center without having to play," McGinn writes. As crazy as it seems, Petty in the first round would give a team the right to accept or deny a fifth year contract option, which is important for quarterbacks. Cutting Drew Brees after 2015 would save roughly $20 million in salary cap.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Apr 30 - 6:52 AM

Rotoworld:

Jeremy Langford - RB - Spartans

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden says Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford "is a guy I really like" and adds "I don't understand why we don't hear his name more."

"He ran a 4.4. He gained 100 or more yards in every Big Ten film I watched. He breaks tackles, he picks up blitzes and he looks like an NFL back for sure," Gruden said. "He is tough, he can catch, he has home run speed and I love the way they train guys at Michigan State." The 6-foot, 206-pounder collected 1,522 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns on 230 carries last season. Langford "can fit in any scheme, but he might be best in a traditional power running game,"

according to ESPN's Todd McShay.

Source: ESPN Insider

Apr 29 - 3:26 PM

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says Baylor QB Bryce Petty is flying up draft boards.

Rapsheet says there's a "real chance" Petty goes in Round 1. It shouldn't be a huge surprise, as quarterbacks typically gain steam closer to the draft and Petty has the physical tools to project as an NFL starter, even if he needs a year or two of development. He's been linked to the Saints at No. 31 overall.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Rotoworld:

The Bills are reportedly "serious" about Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

The Bills do not have a first-round pick as a result of last year's trade up for Sammy Watkins. That could cost them a shot at Petty, whose stock appears to be peaking with the draft just hours away. The Bills desperately need a talent infusion in their quarterback room as Matt Cassel and E.J. Manuel are currently set for an uninspiring camp battle.

Related: Bills

Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Apr 30 - 12:54 PM

Rotoworld:

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes you "can't rule out" Baylor QB Bryce Petty in the "late 1st" round.

The Baylor prospect has received the most interest from the Saints, Rams, and the Bills, according to Brugler. The Bills put Petty through a combine interview and had him for a private workout, while the Saints had Petty in for an official visit and private workout. Not to be outdone, the Rams had a combine meeting with the Baylor QB and put him through a private workout, and had him in for an official visit.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Rotoworld:

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden says UCF's Breshad Perriman and Auburn's Sammie Coates are not first rounders in his book because they drop too many passes and run poor routes.

The analyst expressed surprise that Mel Kiper previously mocked Perriman to the Rams at No. 10. "The one thing I can't understand with Perriman is you have all this talent, and I have plenty of tape where he is making circus catches, but there are way too many drops," he said. "These balls are easy catches." Gruden loves the 4.25-4.3s speed, of course, but questions Perriman's ability to be a "bad-ball receiver." He documented 14 drops on tape, including a sure touchdown which just clanked off his hands. "No one is perfect, but if people are going to talk about you as a potential top-10 pick, the catching has to be more consistent," Gruden said.

Source: ESPN Insider
Apr 30 - 4:57 PM

WTF??????

NFL Networks Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and more to the Titans. That is a lot. Like an insane amount.

WTF??????

NFL Networks Ian Rapoport reported that the Eagles offered two first-round picks, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and more to the Titans. That is a lot. Like an insane amount.
Wasn't this debunked as a false rumor? I thought it was, but I can't swear to it.

EDIT - Not that Ian reporting it was the rumor, but the info he was given was just erroneous

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF??????

Wasn't this debunked as a false rumor? I thought it was, but I can't swear to it.

EDIT - Not that Ian reporting it was the rumor, but the info he was given was just erroneous
The Trade That Was Never Going to Happen

Users who are viewing this thread