What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Charles Sims, Buccaneers (1 Viewer)

Good work bringing this thread back down to earth Grahamburn.
Back to earth? He took it to hell. Is there no middle ground? Damn.
Sorry. He might not even play. :lol:
Ian R. Rapoport , NFL Network, Sports Reporter
#Bucs will activate rookie RB Charles Sims today, source says. He’ll play Sunday. :lmao:

On a serios note though...anyone starting him this week is in desperation mode. Hoping for the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting him. Gio is hurt but I am playing hill. Eddie Lacy is on a bye so I am starting him. I am going up against the guy who has ingram, hilman, and arian foster. Praying for the best...

#Bucs will activate rookie RB Charles Sims today, source says. He’ll play Sunday. :lmao:

On a serios note though...anyone starting him this week is in desperation mode. Hoping for the best!
he's sitting this week -- I could def use him next week, though, so hopefully he makes inroads

Thats all im looking for Koolaid. Health and a flash that will lead to increased playing time then eventually Matt Forte. Baby steps...

Tampa Bay head coach Lovie Smith's commenting on RB Charles Sims in a weekly coaching video.

Go to the 2:30 mark of the vid.

Lovie's voice sorta hesitates when asked if Sims can make an instant impact.

He says something along the lines of. 'Ah eee yes. He's a good football player and he's made good strides to get back on the field. Ahhh as far as him being able to go? He's getting closer.' And ah... in the next couple of weeks we feel we can get him on the football field.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Coachs_Corner_Week_9/310b06e1-ee40-4a8c-8951-0ae5d6ed8fe9

posted six hours ago

Coach's Corner: Week 9Coach Smith talks with Scott Smith about how the Bucs' defense has shown marked improvement, the status of the left tackle position, and the division race.

========================

Still waiting for confirmation that the Bucs are definitely activating Sims but only .... :tumbleweed:

Tampa Bay head coach Lovie Smith's commenting on RB Charles Sims in a weekly coaching video.

Go to the 2:30 mark of the vid.

Lovie's voice sorta hesitates when asked if Sims can make an instant impact.

He says something along the lines of. 'Ah eee yes. He's a good football player and he's made good strides to get back on the field. Ahhh as far as him being able to go? He's getting closer.' And ah... in the next couple of weeks we feel we can get him on the football field.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Coachs_Corner_Week_9/310b06e1-ee40-4a8c-8951-0ae5d6ed8fe9

posted six hours ago Coach's Corner: Week 9

Coach Smith talks with Scott Smith about how the Bucs' defense has shown marked improvement, the status of the left tackle position, and the division race.

========================

Still waiting for confirmation that the Bucs are definitely activating Sims but only .... :tumbleweed:
he was already activated according to twitter

Confirmed.

http://thepewterplank.com/2014/11/01/buccaneers-activate-rookie-rb-charles-sims-play-vs-browns/

Buccaneers Activate Rookie RB Charles Sims, Could Play vs Browns

With Doug Martin’s job security already dwindling at an alarming rate, things just got a little bit worse for the former first round pick in 2012.

Rookie running back Charles Sims, a third round pick from this year’s draft class, has been activated from IR and might be ready to suit up for the Buccaneers as early as this Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

Sims has many inside the Bucs organization very excited about his versatile skills, but hopefully they aren’t rushing him back. The former West Virginia Mountaineer and Houston Cougar is returning from an injured ankle that required surgery. With Tampa Bay sitting at 1-6 on the year, they are not likely going to make a push for a playoffs in the second half of the season. Therefore, I think the organization should be very careful in handling a young talent that they have high hopes for in the long term.

With that being said, if Sims does play, I am very intrigued about what he’s going to bring to the table. The hype around him has been his ability to make defenders miss, as well as catch passes out of the backfield (both of which are welcome additions to the offense). Bobby Rainey will still likely be involved in the running game as well.

If he goes, hopefully Sims will be the spark that the Buccaneers’ offense needs.

Now if only he could play defense…
Took another look at some tape of him and ahh... yeah. He looks real quick, big, strong, can catch.

Just not sure of how much work they'll give him and the Bucs are hurting on the offensive line so it might take a little while to see what he can really do.

Wait a second...

Pump the breaks.

Not seeing this ANYWHERE else.

Not at PFT, not on the Tampa Bay sight, not on feeds for Tampa Bay reports, ESPN hasn't picked it up.

Premature tweeteration at this point.

I'd wait for better sources to confirm.

Is there a deadline for TB to activate him? Can they do it right up until game time? All I see are reports that they are expected to do it. No official transaction yet or did I miss it?

Still haven't seen any official news that Sims has been activated, just rehashing the report that he WILL be activated not that he HAS been activated.

PFT wouldn't sit on a story for hours and they not only haven't reported this, they haven't even said that according to> blah blah blah on Twitter player-X has been activated but the official team site has nothing yet.

The only other report that corresponds with the original source is Ian Rappaport but his tweet is from 8:52 this morning.

Charles Sims*, TB RB IR

Would you rather start sims vs Cleveland with Rainey or taliaferro vs Pitt with a sort of gimpy forsett? Just trying to get an idea of where everyone's head is at on him.

Link? Please. NFL doesn't show it. Team website doesn't show it either.

Is this considered the official bandwagon thread?

conservative projections this week.

8 carries/48 yards

6 rec/70 yards

possible TD

have him as a solid RB2 this week.

8 carries/48 yards

6 rec/70 yards

possible TD

Even if he doesn't play?
if he doesn't play of course expectations need to be tempered, but all the dominos are falling into place for this guy to have an epic end of season run.

Probably the best receiving back to enter the league in a long time. Tampa sucking could be good for him to put up insane receiving numbers.

The bandwagon is gaining steam but it's just getting started.

8 carries/48 yards

6 rec/70 yards

possible TD

118 yards and a possible TD is your conservative estimate? So like a top 5 RB this week...

8 carries/48 yards

6 rec/70 yards

possible TD

118 yards and a possible TD is your conservative estimate? So like a top 5 RB this week...
i may be a bit optimistic but the FBG staff projections have him around 8-10 carries. what they are missing is that if he plays enough to get that many carries there is no way he's only getting 1 reception which is what they have projected. I just assume they aren't aware of what kind of receiver he is.

At this point it's not even a sure thing he's playing tomorrow, but he's made it past the first hurdle... onto the next.

:popcorn:

:bowtie:

PPR, flex over Hurns, Nicks, Clay and Kearse. So yeah, pretty much desperate.

Sims or Sproles this week? I see him as a Jonas Gray progression. Nothing much first week, blow up 2nd week. Difference is he keeps the role because he doesn't play for BB.

Glad to see this but I still have to play Rainey over him this week. I have a feeling they will ease him in a little.

Glad to see this but I still have to play Rainey over him this week. I have a feeling they will ease him in a little.
I'm not so sure. If he's healthy enough to play and cleared by the doctors and he's been practicing then I think it will come down to who has the hot hand. If he gets an opportunity and gives a spark they might give him 10-15 touches. Which against Cleveland can mean very good production.

Rotoworld:

Bucs activated RB Charles Sims off injured reserve/designated for return.

The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs plan to be cautious with Sims, and he isn't a lock to have a role Sunday against the Browns. With Doug Martin (ankle) doubtful, Bobby Rainey is expected to start and handle the majority of carries. Sims figures to be eased in initially, and could be limited to passing situations.

Nov 1 - 6:13 PM

I hope Rainey fumbles.

Who are you guys starting Sims over?
I'm sitting him for Bradshaw, Oliver, and Desean Jackson. I really considered sitting Oliver but I feel like I need to see a week out of Sims first, especially when Oliver seems to have a pretty high floor (and this might be the last week I get good production out of him). I feel good about Sims, but not good enough to start him over those guys.

I hope Rainey fumbles.

Who are you guys starting Sims over?
I'm sitting him for Bradshaw, Oliver, and Desean Jackson. I really considered sitting Oliver but I feel like I need to see a week out of Sims first, especially when Oliver seems to have a pretty high floor (and this might be the last week I get good production out of him). I feel good about Sims, but not good enough to start him over those guys.
i think you're making the smart decision, as high as i am on Sims he's a huge risk this week and those other guys are all pretty solid plays this week.

Thinking this comes down to Rainey. This is his big shot...huge game and he's going to be the guy going forward. He sucks, it's Sims time.

Thinking this comes down to Rainey. This is his big shot...huge game and he's going to be the guy going forward. He sucks, it's Sims time.
Hasn't he already proven that he sucks?
Kind of. But I think he's getting one more shot. Like if he goes out tomm and goes for a buck fifty and a td, I'm going to temper my excitement for Sims.

I'm currently starting him because I have Forte and Lacy (keeper league, short rosters with Starks) on bye. He's my RB2 with Ingram.

I could pick up someone like Christine Michael or Peerman but I feel like they will be as much as a crapshoot as Sims. Either way I'm not expecting much.

I like the enthusiasm but anything more than 5 points (maybe 10 in PPR) is pretty optimistic.

I'm really surprised people are starting him his first week back. Isn't Rainey going to be the main guy this week with Sims only sprinkled in? I own Sims in two redraft leagues, but I guess I want to see something before I throw him out there in my starting lineup.

I'm really surprised people are starting him his first week back. Isn't Rainey going to be the main guy this week with Sims only sprinkled in? I own Sims in two redraft leagues, but I guess I want to see something before I throw him out there in my starting lineup.
Again, anyone starting him probably doesn't have the luxury of taking a wait and see approach.

Again, anyone starting him probably doesn't have the luxury of taking a wait and see approach.
Indeed. With BYE weeks upon me at both RB spots, I'm putting in Sims over Chris Johnson. The fact that Chris Johnson is my back up RB should symbolize what kind of situation Chris Sims might be used in.

I have him and Rainey in one of my leagues, I am starting Rainey now, but I am waiting to hear reports from ESPN and other sources to get more info.

Users who are viewing this thread