What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

As I write it out, it doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I think there are significant questions around both Bijan and Nacua to consider the trade. What have you seen in your leagues for Bijan?

It isn't. By a long shot. Like JoeJoe88 said, that might not be enough for Bijan alone.

Aaron Jones value? Have pretty much just been eliminated from playoff contention, attempts to send to contenders with a 2nd for a 1st have been rejected, is just getting a second selling short?

Aaron Jones value? Have pretty much just been eliminated from playoff contention, attempts to send to contenders with a 2nd for a 1st have been rejected, is just getting a second selling short?
Might be best to get a 2nd now rather than a 3rd later. He'll be 29 in a few weeks. His efficiency has fallen through the floor. 3.7 YPC, 2 yards per reception. He's been dealing with a hamstring, I'll give you. But people are looking at him thinking he's probably lost some juice at the age of 29.

What's Nico Collins worth?

I've got him in multiple dynasty leagues where he rarely/never plays.

Hard to say. I'm not sure how much of his production is Nico and how much is Stroud, and I want to say he's a FA after this year. KTC has him similar to a late first but there's no way I'd even consider giving that for him. Feels like one where unless you use him along with something else to step up to an elite level at a position, it's one where there's going to be too much of a difference between an asking price and what a buyer would pay

What's Nico Collins worth?

I've got him in multiple dynasty leagues where he rarely/never plays.

Hard to say. I'm not sure how much of his production is Nico and how much is Stroud, and I want to say he's a FA after this year. KTC has him similar to a late first but there's no way I'd even consider giving that for him. Feels like one where unless you use him along with something else to step up to an elite level at a position, it's one where there's going to be too much of a difference between an asking price and what a buyer would pay
I think you hit the nail on the head.

The Stroud owner inquired the other day, but followed it up with they aren't going to pay a lot since their other receivers are solid.

Anyone laid eyes on Bijan trades lately? I bought the 1.01 before the draft last year for a song (1.02 +2.04). Recently got a fairly strong offer for him including some assets that would help out long term. This is a 2nd year rebuild team that is very mid at the moment, currently in a playoff spot. SF, start 11. QB, RB, WR, TE, SF, Flex x 6. Considering:

Give: Bijan + Nacua

Get: R White, J Cook, 2024 mid to high 1st, 2024 mid to high 2nd

As I write it out, it doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I think there are significant questions around both Bijan and Nacua to consider the trade. What have you seen in your leagues for Bijan?
In your situation I would hold Bijan and Puka. 2 good pieces to build off. Bijan will likely outlast Arthur Smith there - situations change quickly.

If I was going to rebuild I would want a young stud WR (like Wilson) plus a first round pick at minimum for Bijan. White and Cook could be replaced next year - that is sketchy IMO. Bijan is a great talent for a rebuilding team - would take a small fortune for me to trade him. Just because he has had a slow start to his career it isn't on him. Don't sell low.

Remember this - Bijan is still a great player, he's just being played by Arthur Smith.

Kenneth Walker or De’von Achane?

Keaton Mitchell or Jayden Reed?
I lean Achane as I think his massive upside is worth holding just to see what happens. Having said that I do think Walker is a good RB and should have a decent career - had another explosive catch and run(64 yards and a TD).

I think right now Mitchell is my answer just to see what he can do as the season goes on but long term I still really like Reed. If its close I usually side with the upside RB like a Mitchell but if there was a way for me to have and hold both I would do that. That last one is really tough for me.

Anyone laid eyes on Bijan trades lately? I bought the 1.01 before the draft last year for a song (1.02 +2.04). Recently got a fairly strong offer for him including some assets that would help out long term. This is a 2nd year rebuild team that is very mid at the moment, currently in a playoff spot. SF, start 11. QB, RB, WR, TE, SF, Flex x 6. Considering:

Give: Bijan + Nacua

Get: R White, J Cook, 2024 mid to high 1st, 2024 mid to high 2nd

I offered three 1sts and got a "LOL, no" response.

I just paid a 1st for him, but I am desperate.
I sold AJones for JLove and late 2nd before week 1 and then flipped Love for Etienne after Week 1! Might be the move of the year to get me to the championship!

There is a bad team with both davante Adams and Cooper kupp.

I worry they both might be worthless before the end of the year, is a 2025 second out of line for both?

I worry they both might be worthless before the end of the year, is a 2025 second out of line for both?
That seems way short. I get it though, but a second is just not much. Unless he can't get anything for them ... but it seems like if any team could use those guys they should be willing to give a first.

That seems way short. I get it though, but a second is just not much. Unless he can't get anything for them ... but it seems like if any team could use those guys they should be willing to give a first.
I have 2 other contenders firsts already and there is another team with a couple more. I am not competing against anyone.

Everyone who is trying to contend spent their load.

I feel bad because I want to help these teams rebuild, however I am not offering any of my firsts.

I have 2 other contenders firsts already and there is another team with a couple more. I am not competing against anyone.

Everyone who is trying to contend spent their load.

I feel bad because I want to help these teams rebuild, however I am not offering any of my firsts.
Maybe a 2024 second for one or the other. Or a 2025 first.

Speaking of Achane I am REALLY torn, would you guys mind sharing your opinions on this trade offer? In one of my 12 team PPR SF Best Ball Dynasty Leagues I could acquire Achane and McBride for Cousins, 1st, 2nd, 4th, and TE D. Washington. Would you give up Cousins and the picks for those 2? My team right now looks to be locked for the playoffs (3rd place but only behind 1st by 2 VPs) so I do at least think the picks I'm moving are later round range (1.8-1.12 I'd guess) Achane's health is obviously the only thing giving me pause....

Turned down Brandon Jacobs and Calvin Ridley for Javonte Williams and Chris Olave this morning. I usually take 3 minutes to make reject or accept decision. I had to sleep on this one.

In my league a 2nd wouldn't get one of those guys. But here lies the problem for veteran WRs - people don't want to pay a first but a second isn't enough. So do 2 seconds work? I'd definitely offer 2 seconds for Kupp or Adams but they are probably wanting a first.

On another note both WRs are still playing at the top of their game and are 30-years old. You could realistically get 2 more seasons out of them. If you knew 100% you would get at minimum this year and next year for a top 10 WR you would pay a late first.

Look at it this way - you could give up a late first to make a run at a championship (it may or may not work). Then next year by mid-season you can see where your team stands and if you are out of it you could probably trade Kupp or Adams for 2 seconds to a contender - or maybe sneak in a first if you are lucky. If you need the production for this year and next year the 1.10-12 is probably worth it.

Turned down Brandon Jacobs and Calvin Ridley for Javonte Williams and Chris Olave this morning. I usually take 3 minutes to make reject or accept decision. I had to sleep on this one.
Brandon Jacobs?
Oh my. Just noticed this. Hilarious. No not Brandon the younger one Josh. I'm dumb. Ha ha
No worries, I thought so but wasn't sure. I think I lean the Williiams/Olave side as well. Javonte starting to play well and I would 100% take Olave well over Ridley.

In my league a 2nd wouldn't get one of those guys. But here lies the problem for veteran WRs - people don't want to pay a first but a second isn't enough. So do 2 seconds work? I'd definitely offer 2 seconds for Kupp or Adams but they are probably wanting a first.

On another note both WRs are still playing at the top of their game and are 30-years old. You could realistically get 2 more seasons out of them. If you knew 100% you would get at minimum this year and next year for a top 10 WR you would pay a late first.

Look at it this way - you could give up a late first to make a run at a championship (it may or may not work). Then next year by mid-season you can see where your team stands and if you are out of it you could probably trade Kupp or Adams for 2 seconds to a contender - or maybe sneak in a first if you are lucky. If you need the production for this year and next year the 1.10-12 is probably worth it.

Neither WR is at the top of the game. Davonte Adams is 22 in points per game and Kupp is 29th in points per game. Both are injury risks and both have the risk of terrible QB play.

My trades were rejected and no way do i offer more. I remeber AJ green, Julio Jones, etc at the end of their career.

No way do i get 2 more seasons out of them, hopefully they make it through the end of this season producing at a WR 2/3 level.

Neither WR is at the top of the game. Davonte Adams is 22 in points per game and Kupp is 29th in points per game. Both are injury risks and both have the risk of terrible QB play.

My trades were rejected and no way do i offer more. I remeber AJ green, Julio Jones, etc at the end of their career.

No way do i get 2 more seasons out of them, hopefully they make it through the end of this season producing at a WR 2/3 level.
LV was in a dumpster fire situation and they finally fired their coach. Adams got 13 targets last game now that things are moving. He wasn't the problem there and still looks good. Yes the QB situation might not be the best but things are turning around there.

Stafford has been injured the last few games but looks to be coming back. That is a big upgrade for Kupp going forward.

I don't believe the recent slump of these guys is due to their decline, but due to the fact of their situation which looks to be improving for both going forward.

Fair enough if you don't want to pay more than you already offered. There is always risk adding veteran players.

Jaylen Warren dynasty price check?
I offered him to someone for a projected mid future 1st and was laughed at.
Was he laughing cause it's funny, or cause he's crazy?

I’m not so sure. Adams turns 31 next month and has two games above 12 points in .5 PPR scoring all year. He’s had just one game over 100 yards and only two games with touchdowns. He’s 14th right now and I don’t see that moving up much, if at all. I wouldn’t mind making a trade but a first is too high in my opinion for a guy I think is a WR2 for a couple of years. The two seconds trade is a much better proposition because you could likely get one back next year if needed and they should be later picks if going for a chip

Kupps play is totally reliant on Stafford. Between the two of them, one seems to be injured more likely than not.

I'm surprised he even bothered to laugh, I'd have just straight rejected that without counter. Warren is in no way worth a first.
Is he worth more or less than Harris?

Indifferent between the two, and at this stage Harris isn't worth a first either

Is Achane one of the most intriguing players in dynasty overall? I posed my question in the Achane thread but I was offered Achane for my CMC. I can't keep CMC as he was a 1st rounder and Achane would only be a 9th rounder next year, then an 8th the following year.

Do you pull this trigger knowing CMC is going to walk free?

Is Achane one of the most intriguing players in dynasty overall? I posed my question in the Achane thread but I was offered Achane for my CMC. I can't keep CMC as he was a 1st rounder and Achane would only be a 9th rounder next year, then an 8th the following year.

Depends if you are in contention to win. If you have a legit shot at winning 100% CMC. Nothing is guaranteed with Achane even though he looked great. He was in a committee when healthy and likely will still be in a committee. CMC production is fantastic and can help you win a trophy.

i'd think maybe a mid 2nd to a team in the playoff hunt looking for RB depth for Warren, and I am a steeler fan and think he is nice lightening to Najee's thunder.

If I was a frontrunner to win I probably keep CMC. Any other situation I take Achane fairly easily with the stipulated keeper implications

What’s a good value for Javonte Williams? I offered Tyaje Spears and a mid 2nd for him too a rebuilding team and the guy countered with Tyaje Spears and an early 1st, which I laughed at. Long term I’m not sure if there is that much value difference and Spears and a 2nd seem fair. Thoughts?

What’s a good value for Javonte Williams? I offered Tyaje Spears and a mid 2nd for him too a rebuilding team and the guy countered with Tyaje Spears and an early 1st, which I laughed at. Long term I’m not sure if there is that much value difference and Spears and a 2nd seem fair. Thoughts?
Wanting an early 1st for Javonte is wild

I'm not a fan of either deal...Williams is starting to look good and if Payton stays committed to him he could put up some nice #'s the next few years...Spears and the early 1st is just silly...I wouldn't do an early first alone for Williams...on the flipside if I owned Williams I definitely would not do Spears and a #2...kind of a blah deal for me...Spears looks like he has a chance to be a viable fantasy RB but I don't think his upside is anything too special and the #2 doesn't move the needle enough to make that deal worthwhile...I think there are far better deals out there for Williams.

Good offer and I would have taken it as a Javonte owner (and someone who just traded Spears for Rhamondre straight up a few weeks ago)

No wonder I can't get any good deals done and see guys like Tyreek HIll dealt for a solitary first.

People stink at this game. I've barely been at it for half a decade (not even, actually) and it's just . . . disheartening to watch a league that was close determined by a few bad trades.

The Javonte offer is right there in keeping with stupid offer acceptances. Who on earth would accept that?!

Speaking of Achane I am REALLY torn, would you guys mind sharing your opinions on this trade offer? In one of my 12 team PPR SF Best Ball Dynasty Leagues I could acquire Achane and McBride for Cousins, 1st, 2nd, 4th, and TE D. Washington. Would you give up Cousins and the picks for those 2? My team right now looks to be locked for the playoffs (3rd place but only behind 1st by 2 VPs) so I do at least think the picks I'm moving are later round range (1.8-1.12 I'd guess) Achane's health is obviously the only thing giving me pause....
Without knowing your other QB's I would do that deal. You are getting 2 exciting players but I understand the health risk for Achane that make you hesitant.

Long term maybe not but since we still have half a season left and Javonte is getting into must start category and Spears is basically unusable I think you need a little more to close the gap. Immediacy has it's price. But agree an early first swings the pendulum to much the other way.

Long term maybe not but since we still have half a season left and Javonte is getting into must start category and Spears is basically unusable I think you need a little more to close the gap. Immediacy has it's price. But agree an early first swings the pendulum to much the other way.
Thanks for everyone’s inputs. Obviously Spears and an early 1st for Javonte is crazy. I counter offered Spears and two seconds. I think that’s probably fair.

Wanting an early 1st for Javonte is wild
I traded Javonte straight up for Aiyuk in our 14 team league

Users who are viewing this thread