What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Fodasme69

Footballguy
I know it's probably been talked about a lot but I was just curious to what the Market Value of guys are and would love to know what people who have these players want or what would you give up for these players especially after the draft.

Top 2 at each position

QB: Manning or Palmer

RB: LT or LJ

WR: Chad Johnson Steve Smith Fitz/Boldin (I know more than 2 but WR's can be argued as to who will be the top 2)

TE: Gates and Shockey/Gonzo

My theory is that people who own these guys would WANT more than the people who don't have them are willing to give up/offer. :popcorn:

When you have a elite player you cannot upgrade at the position by trading that player away. Therefore the only way I see teams trading these players is to fill holes at other positions that may be weak.

Even then the price should be very steep to the point of them being virtualy untouchable.

My theory is that people who own these guys would WANT more than the people who don't have them are willing to give up/offer. :popcorn:
:brilliant:
:thumbup: There's a few basically untradeable guys in the league. Not just the elite at each position, but also those with tremondous upside. I'd think guys like Bush, Perry, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Braylon Edwards, V Davis, etc. become almost untradeable as soon as they're drafted.

:thumbup: There's a few basically untradeable guys in the league. Not just the elite at each position, but also those with tremondous upside. I'd think guys like Bush, Perry, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Braylon Edwards, V Davis, etc. become almost untradeable as soon as they're drafted.
Oz,I agree with your sentiment, just not your players listed as in this category.

Reggie Bus, Vernon Davis :thumbup:

Chris Perry, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Braylon Edwards :shrug:

All 4 of the last guys should be marketable and tradeable. There are clear upgrades even amongst similarly experienced players. WR - Reggie Brown should be higher, as is Fitz or Boldin. RB - Michael Turner over Chris Perry, IMHO.

Oz,I agree with your sentiment, just not your players listed as in this category.

Reggie Bus, Vernon Davis :thumbup:

Chris Perry, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Braylon Edwards :shrug:

All 4 of the last guys should be marketable and tradeable. There are clear upgrades even amongst similarly experienced players. WR - Reggie Brown should be higher, as is Fitz or Boldin. RB - Michael Turner over Chris Perry, IMHO.
This is why I listed those guys. I prefer Perry, by a lot. Reggie :shrug: I like him plenty, but the guy giving up Jones will look at him as the #1 WR in JAX, his potential, etc. and want more than Brown, despite Brown probably being the better bet. (FWIW, I have all 4 of these, so don't really care). Obviously Fitz would get any of these, but nobody will make that offer.I almost listed Turner, but he has been dealt, or at least offered up.

I've traded away or traded for just about every player on that list. The hardest players to acquire in a dynasty right now IMO are Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Gates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've traded away or traded for just about every player on that list. The hardest players to acquire in a dynasty right now IMO are Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Gates.
Now what did you get for your players....like a top 10 RB and a top 10 WR? Did you get 2 top 15 RB's?

Now what did you get for your players....like a top 10 RB and a top 10 WR? Did you get 2 top 15 RB's?
Which players specifically?

Which players specifically?
Just in General.....The main reason I'm asking is because I do own a few of the top guys in a few different leagues and from what I noticed:

My offers to the other owners seem to get turned down with are you kidding me but when they offer something to me I say the same thing.

This is why in my original post I put that people who own these guys would WANT more than the people who don't have them are willing to give up/offer. So I was curious to see what people would pay for them or would be willing to let them go for.

dynasty- a few of them

LT - SJax and S. Smith

S. Smith- Lamont Jordan and Burress for S. Smith and Boldin

Perry- Shockey

Palmer- Brady and a 2007 1st

Chad Johnson- Hines Ward and Darrell Jackson

I've seen Fitz get traded, but it cost the 1.01 rookie pick.I haven't seen Peyton Manning get traded in a long time.

It all depends on an owner to owner basis. In one of my dynasty leagues, I have Ben Roethlisberger, Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward, and Chad Johnson. It would be almost impossible to get any of those guys away from me.

You really can't put a price on solid, proven talent. Guys like Torry Holt and Chad Johnson are worth a fortune because you know that you can plug them into one of your WR slots and never have to worry about it again.

That said, some teams are so bad that they're forced to trade their good players. These are the teams that you should look to deal with if you're searching for an upgrade.

Also, if you do a good job building your team then you can sometimes put yourself in position to make a 2-for-1 package offer of two quality starters for one star.

The key with dynasty squads is to build a solid core of talent. This gives you the most flexibility and the best chance to build a lasting winner. Typically, too much emphasis is placed on filling lineup requirements. This causes people to reach for scrub RBs when they could be drafting star QBs, WRs, and TEs. Within a season or two, half of those scrubs will have washed out of their starting jobs, leaving their owners hanging.

Here's the trades I have made in my dynasty leagues:

1) Traded away Chad Johnons for Reggie Bush.

2) Traded away Reuben Droughns, Jerry Porter, Tony Gonzo for Steve Smith.

3) Traded away Lee Evans, Travis Henry for Jeremey Shockey.

No player is really untradable. I've been involved in trading some of the bigger names this offseason.

Traded away...

Alexander

Caddy

Randy Moss

Plaxico

Hasselbeck

Jamal Lewis

Rhodes

Traded for...

Tomlinson

James

Chad Johnson

Owens

Mason

Crumpler

No player is really untradable. I've been involved in trading some of the bigger names this offseason.

Traded away...

Alexander

Caddy

Randy Moss

Plaxico

Hasselbeck

Jamal Lewis

Rhodes

Traded for...

Tomlinson

James

Chad Johnson

Owens

Mason

Crumpler
In case you're interested in the exact deals...2006-03-10 (before James went to ARI)

I GIVE Hasselbeck QB SEA, rookie picks 5, 49 & 55 and 2007 Round 3 Draft Pick

I GET James RB ARZ & rookie pick 27

2006-03-22

I GIVE Lewis RB BAL, Rhodes RB IND, Philadelphia DF, pick 15, 2007 Round 4 Draft Pick, 2007 Round 4 Draft Pick (I had 2 of them)

I GET Arrington RB ARZ, NYGiants DF, pick 23 overall, 2007 Round 1 Draft Pick, 2007 Round 2 Draft Pick

2006-03-30

I GIVE Alexander RB SEA, Morris RB SEA, Burress WR NYG, Moss WR OAK, 2007 Round 2 Draft Pick

I GET Tomlinson RB SD, Turner RB SD, Mason WR BAL, C.Johnson WR CIN, 2007 Round 3 Draft Pick

2006-04-05

I GIVE Williams RB TB, Pittman RB TB

I GET Owens WR DAL, Crumpler TE ATL

i traded payton away for mcgahee before the draft mainly cuz DD was my #1 at that point, but i like the deal i got.

P.Manning

Rhodes

FOR

McGahee

Carr

Alex Smith

Rookie pick 2.09

No player is really untradable. 
You are absolutely right. Some players just require more work, and some will cost more than "reasonable objective value".
Indeed. There are some players that get labeled untradable by people. I was looking to make big changes to my team this year and did. I moved most of my starters from last year and got even better (IMO). I also collected some high picks next year. But I did try to get Larry Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Gates (all on the same guy's team - the champ the last 2 years) and he said he wouldn't trade them, even when I made an overpaying offer (even he said I was overpaying). They were his core, he said, and he wouldn't trade them.

There are definitely people who have that attitude. I trade often, but there were a few players I didn't really consider moving (Randy Moss, Holt and Alexander). Well, I finally pulled the trigger and traded 2 of them, and I'm glad I did.

These guys market values depends a lot on the quality of supporting cast on the rosters. In the two leagues I played in last year I had vastly different results.

In one I had Alexander, but the rest of my squad was getting up there in age so I ended up trading him. I still got a lot, but less than I actually wanted. Still if I wanted to get my team back up to competitive status he was the only piece I could really reload with. Age, injuries, and 1 drug suspension decimated my squad so moving my major marketable option was the best move I could make.

In the other I have LJ, but the rest of my team is stronger from top to bottom too. In this case I'm not going to be moving LJ because the only place I could significantly upgrade would be my 3rd wr, which is hardly a priority and wouldn't justify the downgrade from LJ to a lesser rb. That's what makes him virtually untradeable. I can't upgrade my starting roster enough to offset the loss of a top player.

So while still costly you can get them below market value if the owner is in critical straits and can't replenish their roster any other way. An owner in the middle of their window for a championship run or multiple runs isn't going to part with their star or stars easily. In the league I own LJ anyone who wished to take him off my hands would be all but committing league suicide since they'd pratically have to gut their team to acquire him, and even then there are only a couple of teams that would have that option.

I traded away Alexander and Morris this year.

I was able to get Westbrook, Bell, Burleson and 2 07 1st round picks

Now my team is

McNabb,McNair,Frye

Westbrook,T.Jones, Benson, Bell, Duckett, MBIII, Humes

AJ, Stallworth, Burleson, KRob, Jurevicious, Rogers, Randel El

LJ Smith, Winslow, V. Davis

Now I have 4 1st 07 picks 1 2nd and 1 3rd

I think I made the right decision to move him this year while I could.

Its tough to move the elite guys in a dynasty, because like others have said, you won't get enough to make it worthwhile. Everyone overvalues the players on their own roster, and undervalues the players on other teams' rosters when making trades.

Most owners won't trade 1 star for 2 solid players, unless they have a really bad team. And it seems that most owners only like to think about trading the big names.

The best trade I was able to make was in the middle of last season when the owner in first place lost a couple of starting RBs, so I traded him Warrick Dunn for Chester Taylor and picks (1.08 and 3.08). I was able to trade those two picks to move up a spot and get Vernon Davis. I'm not looking for any praise, it just shows that the best time to trade with someone is when they're desperate.

I find the cheapest way to get a stud is to go to a bad team that has one Stud and the rest of the team is weak. Trade your #2 QB #3 Rb and a good WRfor the stud. The other team bites alot because it makes them better all around. Its a good way to get rid of guys like Plummer,Droughns and Coles for a guy like Fitz CJ Portis ...

I do everything i can not to trade starters and to really upgrade. Sure you lose some depth but you have a high value player. The 3 you deal have value but you can get those players MUCH easier than the Stud. JMO

In a salary cap league here is a list of the trade i have made in the last 90 days or so...You will have questions. 14 months only P Manning is the only player i have not traded. I trade to make trades..lol

/ The New Orleans Looters Trade Sopranos gave up Davis, Domanick HOU RB;Pittman, Michael TBB RB;Moulds, Eric HOU WR; Year 2006 Round 1 Draft Pick from Sopranos

The New Orleans Looters gave up Bennett, Michael NOS RB;Johnson, Larry KCC RB

Mon May 8 9:54:37 a.m. ET 2006

2. The New Orleans Looters / Sopranos Trade The New Orleans Looters gave up Year 2007 Round 1 Draft Pick from The New Orleans Looters

Sopranos gave up Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Comments: Warner for 1.07 this year and the Looters first rounder in 2007.

Fri Apr 28 12:17:39 p.m. ET 2006

3. Boston Stranglers / Sopranos Trade Boston Stranglers gave up Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

Sopranos gave up Branch, Deion NEP WR; Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick from Electrolyte Express

Comments: I need the FCs from trading Jackson. If youd be willing to send me the 4.03 instead of Wilkins, Ill do this deal you sent me earlier this month. Thanks

Thu Mar 30 4:19:05 p.m. ET 2006

4. Sopranos / Olin Hall All-Stars Trade Sopranos gave up Year 2006 Round 5 Draft Pick from Sopranos

Olin Hall All-Stars gave up Wells, Jonathan HOU RB

Sun Mar 26 8:47:32 a.m. ET 2006

5. nwo4life / Sopranos Trade nwo4life gave up Moulds, Eric HOU WR;Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def

Sopranos gave up McCown, Josh DET QB;Panthers, Carolina CAR Def

Wed Mar 15 9:23:03 p.m. ET 2006

6. Sopranos / Olin Hall All-Stars Trade Sopranos gave up Wells, Jonathan HOU RB;Hakim, Az-zahir NOS WR;McCardell, Keenan SDC WR; Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick from Olin Hall All-Stars

Olin Hall All-Stars gave up McCown, Josh DET QB;Galloway, Joey TBB WR;Hall, Dante KCC WR;Baker, Chris NYJ TE

Thu Feb 23 5:12:56 p.m. ET 2006

7. Sopranos / The New Orleans Looters Trade Sopranos gave up Griese, Brian FA QB;Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR

The New Orleans Looters gave up Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Comments: After Boldin is extended to a $4 contract..

Thu Feb 9 11:19:56 a.m. ET 2006

8. Sopranos / Electrolyte Express Trade Sopranos gave up Green, Ahman GBP RB;Horn, Joe NOS WR;Welker, Wes MIA WR; Year 2007 Round 1 Draft Pick from Sopranos

Electrolyte Express gave up Westbrook, Brian PHI RB; Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick from Electrolyte Express

Wed Feb 8 10:29:21 p.m. ET 2006

9. Sopranos / Olin Hall All-Stars Trade Sopranos gave up Rosenfels, Sage HOU QB;Smith, Onterrio MIN RB

Olin Hall All-Stars gave up Wells, Jonathan HOU RB; Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick from Olin Hall All-Stars

Thu Feb 2 7:19:13 p.m. ET 2006

10. Sopranos / Olin Hall All-Stars Trade Sopranos gave up Johnson, Brad MIN QB;Leftwich, Byron JAC QB;Pearman, Alvin JAC RB

Olin Hall All-Stars gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2006 Round 3 Draft Pick from Olin Hall All-Stars

Comments: This is this seasons 3.05 rounder. The years are off on the site

Mon Jan 30 3:04:28 p.m. ET 2006

11. Sopranos / New England Bombers Trade Sopranos gave up Crockett, Zack OAK RB;Vines, Scott DET WR; Year 2006 Round 3 Draft Pick from Sopranos;Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick from Sopranos

New England Bombers gave up Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Comments: This is for my 2006 3.05 and 4.17,4.20 picks Rob the 4th rounder was late so i gave you 2 instead of just one.

Sat Jan 28 2:05:42 a.m. ET 2006

12. nwo4life / Sopranos Trade nwo4life gave up Green, Ahman GBP RB;Ferguson, Robert GBP WR

Sopranos gave up Moulds, Eric HOU WR

Mon Jan 16 9:08:06 p.m. ET 2006

Users who are viewing this thread