What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

I don't religiously clean them but will try to every few weeks. I popped the center up a bit but that hasn't worked. On most of them when I inhale the light does light up but a few do not. When I try and charge them the LED doesn't flash at all. My newest one I bought less than a month ago (diamond tip) tastes awful when I try to inhale (chemical or burning taste with new cart) and when I try and charge the LED does not blink.ETA: I make sure and clean them from the holes to the inner ring of the cart so they are not dirty.
I don't think Diamond series comes in manual, so sounds like you buy automatics? If so, the autos I started out with were far less dependable than the manuals I now use exclusively. Neat technology with the autos, but not as true as hitting a button to make it fire. IMHO you sacrifice a lot in terms of immediate power and dependability with autos and that holds true for both the batteries and USB pass thrus in my experience. I'll never buy an automatic again after struggling with primer puffs and general maintenance BS with the autos. They just got weaker, and weaker.
Yes, all mine are auto not manual so perhaps I should go that way.FYI: Seems like vapor 4 life's site is down? :confused:

As long as the ecigs crap out after a month or so then I guess I can live with that although that blows. Just wondering if there's something I am doing.

Would not cleaning them out daily or every few days make them crap out early never to work again?

I don't religiously clean them but will try to every few weeks. I popped the center up a bit but that hasn't worked. On most of them when I inhale the light does light up but a few do not. When I try and charge them the LED doesn't flash at all. My newest one I bought less than a month ago (diamond tip) tastes awful when I try to inhale (chemical or burning taste with new cart) and when I try and charge the LED does not blink.ETA: I make sure and clean them from the holes to the inner ring of the cart so they are not dirty.
I don't think Diamond series comes in manual, so sounds like you buy automatics? If so, the autos I started out with were far less dependable than the manuals I now use exclusively. Neat technology with the autos, but not as true as hitting a button to make it fire. IMHO you sacrifice a lot in terms of immediate power and dependability with autos and that holds true for both the batteries and USB pass thrus in my experience. I'll never buy an automatic again after struggling with primer puffs and general maintenance BS with the autos. They just got weaker, and weaker.
That explains a lot. I started with manuals just by chance, and am still using the original two I bought April 6 along with three others picked up a month after. Should do more cleaning than I do but don't take the time to play with them much--just reload and fire.
Now that you mention that, I also bought 2 manual batteries in March, and they are both still working fine. I don't like them as much(too much air comes in with each pull making them taste weaker to me). May try a couple more since each individual battery seems to work a bit differently than all others whether manual or auto. Are Bloog batteries any better? Haven't tried them as I assumed they were very similar to V4L.
Subject to debate, and it's a small sample size, but I have had 2 V4L manuals crap out on me within a month (out of 2.) I have 4 Bloog autos all of which are still working perfectly (5 months old.) My brother bought a V4L manual and his crapped out after 3 weeks. he has 5 Bloogs, 1 died after 2 monthes, the others all still work (3 1/2 months old.) Results surely vary, but I find the Bloogs to be a better quality product. They do cost more though, and V4L has better sales and customer service.
I've bought 3 Bloogs so far: one crapped out after two months, its replacement is still going strong two months in and the other original is still very solid after 4 months of steady use. Anecdotally, it seems that the MaxxFusions draw cleaner than the regular Fusions.
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go ahead and buy some Bloogs and see if there is a difference. Were using all Bloog cartos anyway so that may help in itself.

Yes, all mine are auto not manual so perhaps I should go that way.FYI: Seems like vapor 4 life's site is down? :confused:
Well, I've had extremely good success with manuals, but I think EG is right that opinions vary on it. I know others on here have had decent success with their autos and no doubt some have had their own iffy success testing manuals. One thing the struck me right off at the V4L forum was the segment who were strong opinioned in favor of manuals. I can see why with my own experience; as mentioned both my batteres and USB were noticeably stronger for me, but I think there is something true about batteries being good and bad right from the get go, and I think Wingnut and EG each had so-so experiences trying them (although as I recall EG noticed the added power initially before having his fizzle). I don't think it would hurt for you to test one yourself if you're not getting a lot from the autos you've bought.

Electronic cig guys, what's your thoughts on why more money isn't being spent by the anti-cigarette crowd on this alternative. Ideally yes everyone should quit smoking, but if these are a lot healthier, then realistically wouldn't that be worth some advert dollars.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go ahead and buy some Bloogs and see if there is a difference. Were using all Bloog cartos anyway so that may help in itself.
After a massive cleaning effort didn't help I'm down to one fully functional V4L battery. Some just kicked the bucket after a good 4 month run, some have become too tight to pull, some I've dropped, and some are intermittent at best. I'm trying the bloogs too. I'm also looking for an alternative to the Ikenvape cartos. I still think they are leaps and bounds better than the prefilled, but I notice that after the first fill they require constant adding of juice to keep them going strong...I add about 5 drops every night to my active cartos. Too many and they puddle and leak, but if I don't the vapor is nonexistent. Even though it holds 50 drops, the effective volume seems to be only 5-10 drops. Anyone tried a clearomizer?

Electronic cig guys, what's your thoughts on why more money isn't being spent by the anti-cigarette crowd on this alternative. Ideally yes everyone should quit smoking, but if these are a lot healthier, then realistically wouldn't that be worth some advert dollars.
Just not going to happen. I don't think they really push chantix, the patch, snus, dip, gum, etc either. And most of those are considered safe by the medical/regulatory community. Ecigs are a long way from that. It will take years of study, and oversight by someone (FDA probably) before any established group would recommend them.

'lloyd christmas said:
'NutterButter said:
Just not going to happen. I don't think they really push chantix, the patch, snus, dip, gum, etc either. And most of those are considered safe by the medical/regulatory community. Ecigs are a long way from that. It will take years of study, and oversight by someone (FDA probably) before any established group would recommend them.
Yup. The lack of FDA approval means no claims can be made that they are actually "safer" than cigarettes (even though its pretty obvious that they are). Approval, if it were to ever happen, would take years because of all the necessary study involved. We cant know long term effects without long-term studies. Nobody will get behind something that hasnt been proven safe.

Was asked to stop vaping in a bar for the first time last weekend. Parrot Bar in Ft. Lauderdale... I exhaled and the bartender jumps over.. "Hey, hey, hey - you can't smoke in here!" I simply showed him my REO and said : "I'm not smoking, it's an electronic cigarette." He replied (assuming I was an out-of-state visitor) : "In the state of Florida, that's still considered smoking." Rather than argue, I put it away, finished my drink, paid my bill, and left.

'Tecumseh said:
5 months today. :excited:
Me too! Were Vaping anniversary buddies.I just got my batteries for my madvapes 5 volt box mod yesterday. I could believe it works. I was so excited when my voltage indicator lit up 5 volts. Pretty good for a first time build. Already I get the feeling 3.7 volts isn't enough anymore. It's a steal at 13 bucks for a mod.

After a massive cleaning effort didn't help I'm down to one fully functional V4L battery. Some just kicked the bucket after a good 4 month run, some have become too tight to pull, some I've dropped, and some are intermittent at best. I'm trying the bloogs too. I'm also looking for an alternative to the Ikenvape cartos. I still think they are leaps and bounds better than the prefilled, but I notice that after the first fill they require constant adding of juice to keep them going strong...I add about 5 drops every night to my active cartos. Too many and they puddle and leak, but if I don't the vapor is nonexistent. Even though it holds 50 drops, the effective volume seems to be only 5-10 drops. Anyone tried a clearomizer?
Haven't used the Ikenvapes yet but the bloog maxxfusion blank cartos are the best I've tried. Despite the constant sales they run, I won't even buy the V4L blanks anymore because Bloog's are so much better and worth the extra $ IMO.

Was coming home from work and a neighbor was outside smoking a cig...We chatted for a few, I took a few drags off my V4L and got a craving...bummed a smoke off him, and smoked it. It actually tasted good. Not enough to make me want another, and I have total control over cugarettes now so its not even an issue, but it was pretty satisfying, and I have a nicotine buzz right now...I guess because I never take 10-15 hits in a row from my ecig. A couple drags here and there does the trick. Its crazy how as smokers we all used to take many more hits at a time than most of us do with our ecigs.

Ive noticed though, every time I have taken even a few drags off a cigarette since I started vaping, the next morning I cough up a good amount of phlegm. I guess ive got it all out, and when theres some new stuff, its gotta get outta there.

Was coming home from work and a neighbor was outside smoking a cig...We chatted for a few, I took a few drags off my V4L and got a craving...bummed a smoke off him, and smoked it. It actually tasted good. Not enough to make me want another, and I have total control over cugarettes now so its not even an issue, but it was pretty satisfying, and I have a nicotine buzz right now...I guess because I never take 10-15 hits in a row from my ecig. A couple drags here and there does the trick. Its crazy how as smokers we all used to take many more hits at a time than most of us do with our ecigs.Ive noticed though, every time I have taken even a few drags off a cigarette since I started vaping, the next morning I cough up a good amount of phlegm. I guess ive got it all out, and when theres some new stuff, its gotta get outta there.
I've noticed the phlegm clearing as well, though it's just general and not following cigarets. It sure takes awhile to get all those years out of the lungs. Haven't smoked a cigaret yet; over three months now. Do enjoy a cigar about once/month. Bummed a cigaret yesterday and made it a point to tell my wife just to get a rise! I wanted the filter--haven't fixed the eGo tanks yet and they're leaking, so I took that filter and fitted it in the tank to act as a cart instead. Worked!! :thumbup: We're heading to the coast this morning, so yesterday I stopped by the local shop and picked up a couple carts for backup until I can order what I need online.

I haven't coughed up anything since I started vaping. So either somehow my lungs resisted 20+ years of pack-a-day Marlboro Red smoking, or vaping is keeping that #### crusted on there.

No more phlegm for me. I also don't have the bad allergies and burning eyes.

Pre-order for Buzz Pro just opened up last night. They go on sale Monday. I ordered mine. Anyone else gonna get one.

I haven't coughed up anything since I started vaping. So either somehow my lungs resisted 20+ years of pack-a-day Marlboro Red smoking, or vaping is keeping that #### crusted on there.
Neither have I since I started vaping, but the wheeze in my breathing has slowly disappeared and is nonexistant now. I think all the crap in my lungs when I switched to ecigs, instead of being expelled, has gradually thinned out and somehow left my system. :shrug:

And now when I smoke a cig...or do a few bonghits, the next day I cough up a bit of crap.

Over 3 1/2 months now smoke free. :cool:

Now 36 hours vape free, and counting. :eek:

This has been the plan for me but was certainly not intentional at this time. My world is flying low anyway, with demands from all directions all the time, and since vaping I've felt like I'm really operating in a cloud. It's been amazing how well this works for stopping smoking, but I also find that I'm drinking a little heavier, on the north side of a 12-pack/day. That's bound to have something to do with things--in the midst of all the normal detours I've got, night before last I misplaced my last working e-cig. :wall:

It was hardly working, people even noticed there wasn't any 'smoke' anymore--but the crutch was still there. I had already ordered some replacement parts for the eGo-t but they haven't arrived yet. Hoping for this morning since they'll deliver at work. Guess I can't really complain since I wasn't quite climbing walls--maybe after this round I'll be quitting the whole game. Figure I've got maybe a couple months of juice left.

:coffee:

Over 3 1/2 months now smoke free. :cool:Now 36 hours vape free, and counting. :eek:This has been the plan for me but was certainly not intentional at this time. My world is flying low anyway, with demands from all directions all the time, and since vaping I've felt like I'm really operating in a cloud. It's been amazing how well this works for stopping smoking, but I also find that I'm drinking a little heavier, on the north side of a 12-pack/day. That's bound to have something to do with things--in the midst of all the normal detours I've got, night before last I misplaced my last working e-cig. :wall:It was hardly working, people even noticed there wasn't any 'smoke' anymore--but the crutch was still there. I had already ordered some replacement parts for the eGo-t but they haven't arrived yet. Hoping for this morning since they'll deliver at work. Guess I can't really complain since I wasn't quite climbing walls--maybe after this round I'll be quitting the whole game. Figure I've got maybe a couple months of juice left. :coffee:
Hey guys! Just checking in... 6 months & a week smoke-free today, off e-cigs now for almost 2 months. Those of you looking towards an end, it IS very doable, believe me.Glump, did you find going without the pv for an extended time easier than it ever was a analog? I sure did.

Over 3 1/2 months now smoke free. :cool:

Now 36 hours vape free, and counting. :eek:

This has been the plan for me but was certainly not intentional at this time. My world is flying low anyway, with demands from all directions all the time, and since vaping I've felt like I'm really operating in a cloud. It's been amazing how well this works for stopping smoking, but I also find that I'm drinking a little heavier, on the north side of a 12-pack/day. That's bound to have something to do with things--in the midst of all the normal detours I've got, night before last I misplaced my last working e-cig. :wall:

It was hardly working, people even noticed there wasn't any 'smoke' anymore--but the crutch was still there. I had already ordered some replacement parts for the eGo-t but they haven't arrived yet. Hoping for this morning since they'll deliver at work. Guess I can't really complain since I wasn't quite climbing walls--maybe after this round I'll be quitting the whole game. Figure I've got maybe a couple months of juice left.

Hey guys! Just checking in... 6 months & a week smoke-free today, off e-cigs now for almost 2 months. Those of you looking towards an end, it IS very doable, believe me.Glump, did you find going without the pv for an extended time easier than it ever was a analog? I sure did.
Yes I did do--but I'm really not thinking of making it permanent quite yet. I'm waiting minute-by-minute now for delivery of what should be my last order. It will set me up with a month's worth of juice, new atomizers and soft tips to prevent leakage from the tanks. I'll probably go ahead and order a replacement pass-through now though--that's been such a mainstay that the color's worn off, and I particularly like it while driving.eta--CONGRATS on kicking the habit! Both of 'em!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling it won't belong before even vaping becomes an "only when I drink" sort of thing. This has worked miracles for me. Last year one of my favorite things was smoking some cigs in the beer garden at the local independent ball game. Now, most of the time, I don't even have my ecig with me (because I forgot) and I'm fine. I never would forget about having cigs with me before. No way. I do usually bring the e-cig though in case I get an urge but it's only a few drags to satisfy the craving instead of smoking a few entire cigs. Almost 7 months for me now.

I have a feeling it won't belong before even vaping becomes an "only when I drink" sort of thing. This has worked miracles for me. Last year one of my favorite things was smoking some cigs in the beer garden at the local independent ball game. Now, most of the time, I don't even have my ecig with me (because I forgot) and I'm fine. I never would forget about having cigs with me before. No way. I do usually bring the e-cig though in case I get an urge but it's only a few drags to satisfy the craving instead of smoking a few entire cigs. Almost 7 months for me now.
Same here. I forget mine quite often and dont really sweat it. Could never do that with cigs.Just went back and looked at the first couple of pages of this thread. I ordered my 1st starter kit on Jan 7th, and got it Jan 13th. So Aug 13th will be 7 months for me. :thumbup:

its probably that people who dont smoke view ecigs as an alternative way to become addicted to nicotine as opposed to a safe alternative to existing smokers. on the other hand, i dont see it as any worse than the patch or gum. maybe the difference is the actual act of smoking? maybe thats also why we dont see ecig commercials on TV

anyone have any success introducing a lady to vaping or know one that does? i tried to get my mom and sister to make the switch but after the first day of excitement wore off their interest fell off quick. my guy friends always seem a lot more interested, i think the electronic aspect of this is a big turn off for women

anyone have any success introducing a lady to vaping or know one that does? i tried to get my mom and sister to make the switch but after the first day of excitement wore off their interest fell off quick. my guy friends always seem a lot more interested, i think the electronic aspect of this is a big turn off for women
My girlfriend had me order her a starter kit once she saw and tried mine, and she had no intentions of switching before that. Since she started vaping, she got 3 of her female friends to order and 2 of the 3 have given up cigs for vaping. They all have XL batteries with like purple/pink or red LEDs. Their ecigs are almost like accessories to them lolAlso, my upstairs neighbor (27yr old female) has been vaping for months.I think if you get the ladies a flavor they like, and a battery in a color they like, they might be more likely to stick with it. That said, if the desire to make the switch isnt there, its not gonna stick regardless of the color, flavor, etc.

My girlfriend had me order her a starter kit once she saw and tried mine, and she had no intentions of switching before that. Since she started vaping, she got 3 of her female friends to order and 2 of the 3 have given up cigs for vaping. They all have XL batteries with like purple/pink or red LEDs. Their ecigs are almost like accessories to them lolAlso, my upstairs neighbor (27yr old female) has been vaping for months.I think if you get the ladies a flavor they like, and a battery in a color they like, they might be more likely to stick with it. That said, if the desire to make the switch isnt there, its not gonna stick regardless of the color, flavor, etc.
Good take. I've turned one lady onto vaping, when she had an asthma attack (I think) and her doc put her on an inhaler. She likes it a lot instead of the inhaler, but pretty much only uses it at work, not home. That in itself has knocked off maybe a pack/day for her though.

Same here. I forget mine quite often and dont really sweat it. Could never do that with cigs.
:sigh: I seem to forget mine mostly in the evenings, over beer, and somehow through the past few months have lost two setups. :(

Didn't realize just how totally I'd burned through all my atomizers. There wasn't any wick left in them. If there's anyone else who happens to be using the eGo-tank system you should also get the soft replacement tips for those tanks--they really eliminate most of the leakage. There's also a vid on the net for pulling the wicks out as they burn but by the time I tried it there were no wicks left to extend.

Life is good. Officially shooting for an end to this in a month when I use up the juices I've got, but I could see keeping a system working for beer thirty. :cool:

Buddy of mine recently kicked cigs by ordering a V4L auto starter kit by accident, and he likes them fine. I tried it out when we played tennis last week and no primer puff, no need for unnaturally slow inhale and none of the inconsistency at all that I recalled from my own experience. Seemed pretty good. Looks like I have the chance to try out auto again myself as I received one in error Friday after ordering a manual. V4L said they'd mail the correct manual asap and didn't say anything about returning the auto. I would have, but guess I'll keep it and give auto another try.

Bravo to those who have tailed off their vaping. That's not happening for me yet at all 5+ months in, but wouldn't surprise me when the day comes that this is a golf/poker/bar crutch. From week 3 onwayd I noticed a significant difference between the desparation of being out of cigs and the minor disappointment of leaving my ecig at home.

I got my Buzz Pro on Friday and I'm really really loving it. Black with chrome caps, 510 connecter. The variable voltage is a wheel. I think the main reason I didn't get an original Buzz was I was turned off by the fact you had to use a screwdriver to change the voltage. The voltage is regulated anywhere from 3.4 to 5.6 volts. The wheel has some colored markings so I know exactly where I'm at without having to use a voltage indicator. The Green Mark is at 3.8, Yellow at 4.5 and Red at 5 volts. I've mostly been using a HV Ikenvape 306 atomizer, but sometime put a on a dual coil atomizer if I don't feel like dripping. I haven't used my Reo Grande since I got it.

Just tried a Bloog carto for the first time (ordered blank, added BWB Green Apple 18mg juice)

In a word: WOW. Im getting twice the throat hit I was getting with the V4L carts, and about 1.5 times the vapor. These things bring it. What took me so long to try em??? No more V4L carts for me.

Order placed. v4l XL starter kit, 555's, coffee sampler, vanilla

I think I need more carts, 5 carts= 1 week or so?

Bloog carts better?

Order placed. v4l XL starter kit, 555's, coffee sampler, vanillaI think I need more carts, 5 carts= 1 week or so?Bloog carts better?
The blanks are indisputably better. I've never tried Bloog's prefilled carts, but I doubt that they'd be worse than V4L's.I do like V4L's juices, for the most part. Dark Chocolate/Raspberry is my favorite, followed by Waffle and Cafe Mocha.

Order placed. v4l XL starter kit, 555's, coffee sampler, vanillaI think I need more carts, 5 carts= 1 week or so?Bloog carts better?
The blanks are indisputably better. I've never tried Bloog's prefilled carts, but I doubt that they'd be worse than V4L's.I do like V4L's juices, for the most part. Dark Chocolate/Raspberry is my favorite, followed by Waffle and Cafe Mocha.
The pre-filled ones are nice. I didn't much care for the cherry flavor, but I dig the Red and RY4s, and if you vape them dry, they don't leave much flavor around, meaning they essentially become blanks.

Just tried a Bloog carto for the first time (ordered blank, added BWB Green Apple 18mg juice)In a word: WOW. Im getting twice the throat hit I was getting with the V4L carts, and about 1.5 times the vapor. These things bring it. What took me so long to try em??? No more V4L carts for me.
:coffee: You had me at twice the throat hit. Just ordered 10.

Just tried a Bloog carto for the first time (ordered blank, added BWB Green Apple 18mg juice)In a word: WOW. Im getting twice the throat hit I was getting with the V4L carts, and about 1.5 times the vapor. These things bring it. What took me so long to try em??? No more V4L carts for me.
Looking at the site they have only 1 type of blank carto with different colors. Is this correct? V4L has two types I think. I just want to make sure I get the correct one.And did you look at their manual battery. 3-in-1. Manual, auto or pass-through. Kinda cool.

Just tried a Bloog carto for the first time (ordered blank, added BWB Green Apple 18mg juice)

In a word: WOW. Im getting twice the throat hit I was getting with the V4L carts, and about 1.5 times the vapor. These things bring it. What took me so long to try em??? No more V4L carts for me.
Looking at the site they have only 1 type of blank carto with different colors. Is this correct? V4L has two types I think. I just want to make sure I get the correct one.And did you look at their manual battery. 3-in-1. Manual, auto or pass-through. Kinda cool.
MaxxFusion is all you need to know.

Order shipped :thumbup:

I want to make sure Im not drafting 2 qb's early.

So eventually I want to fill these myself, correct? thats what the $1.50 blank cats are for...? from bloog? thats the best way to save cash, correct?

link to good juice products? link to vid of technique?

Order shipped :thumbup: I want to make sure Im not drafting 2 qb's early.So eventually I want to fill these myself, correct? thats what the $1.50 blank cats are for...? from bloog? thats the best way to save cash, correct? link to good juice products? link to vid of technique?
My new favorite juice is OM.FG tobacco from Kalamazoo vapor shop.Nitelitevapor has some good juice. I would recommend thei Renegade and Bounty Hunter. They also have awesome prices.Next is one of the most well known juice venders Backwoodsbrew. You can't go wrong with any of their juices. Casablanca is a fav.Aliens visions has the most popular Boba's bounty. His juice is 100% VG, so it's a little too thick for carts. It didn't stop me from using it in MAXXfusion cartomizers. I won't put them in carts anymore, because his flavor really comes a live in an atomizer.

I'd been using the Ikenvape cartomizers for a while. I like them a lot, but had a confluence of issues that caused me to nearly run out of fresh cartos, so I ended up trying several different kinds. Thought I'd give a quick write up of the various kinds I've tried in the past weeks. These were used on a mix of Bloog maxx fusion and V4L batteries.

Ikenvape Megas Hold a ton of juice when new, great vapor, very good flavor and decent throat hit. They have problems after 3 or so refills, especially with dark, thick, or sweet juice. I find they need almost constant topping off to get a decent hit; too much juice and you're leaking, not enough and there is little to no vapor. Its like the effective capacity goes from 50+ drops to 10. That, compounded with their supply problems, as well as me being out of work for two few weeks (chain vaping most of the day) led to me using up all my cartos and trying the others.

G4 Clearomizers These have a clear reservoir instead of wicking material, allegedly for truer flavor representation. I read a lot of mixed reviews, but Ikenvape was out of stock so I ordered these along with some dual-coils. Overall a very negative experience. Would only work on my V4L pass through. An odd taste right off the bat and prone to leaking. Way too delicate to take on the go, I could envision the juice leaking all over. These seem like a good idea, but I'd wait until more problems get ironed out.

Dual-coil steel These have two low resistance coils for more flavor and vapor. Although it wasn't clear from the description, they aren't made to work with 808 batteries (like V4l and Bloog maxx fusion), as there is no slot on the center post for air to flow through. I was getting desperate so dremmeled out a little grove to mimic my other carts. It wouldn't work on the Bloogs or pass through. I finally got it going on my V4L manuals, and wow! Major amounts of vapor and flavors were popping like never before. If I found something similar that would work on my Bloog batteries I'd be all for these.

Bloog Maxx Fusion I concur with other's opinions, these really crank up the throat hit. Flavors come through nicely, but not as bold as either the Ikenvapes or Dual-coil. They also seem to vape all the way to empty, without dozens of drops gunking up the works like the Ikenvapes. I haven't had them as long as the others, but they seem well designed and put together.

Eventually I was able to clean my Ikenvapes by boiling, then rinsing using a large syringe. They need to dry thoroughly. After that they perform nearly as well as when new.

I'd love to find a dual-coil that I know works on Bloog batteries. Until then I think I am going back to the Ikenvapes because of the flavor rendering and initial storage capacity. Personally I don't find throat hit to be that important, so the Bloog's big draw isn't that impressive for me.

Hope this helps people looking for new cartomizers. At least you can avoid my mistakes, and know that it's possible to clean your old cartomizers if you're running out.

Order shipped :thumbup: I want to make sure Im not drafting 2 qb's early.So eventually I want to fill these myself, correct? thats what the $1.50 blank cats are for...? from bloog? thats the best way to save cash, correct? link to good juice products? link to vid of technique?
Yes, buying the vials of juice and refilling your own is the way to go. It's pretty easy, I just pop off the lid and drop down the side of the carto. Others use a syringe or the 'condom method.'My favorite juices so far have been V4L's RY4 (many others make this too), Gorilla Juice and Blueberry from Alien Visions, and Waffle and Caramel Apple from Tasty Vapor.Welcome to the club and good luck. There is tons of good advice in this thread.

I'd been using the Ikenvape cartomizers for a while. I like them a lot, but had a confluence of issues that caused me to nearly run out of fresh cartos, so I ended up trying several different kinds. Thought I'd give a quick write up of the various kinds I've tried in the past weeks. These were used on a mix of Bloog maxx fusion and V4L batteries.

Ikenvape Megas Hold a ton of juice when new, great vapor, very good flavor and decent throat hit. They have problems after 3 or so refills, especially with dark, thick, or sweet juice. I find they need almost constant topping off to get a decent hit; too much juice and you're leaking, not enough and there is little to no vapor. Its like the effective capacity goes from 50+ drops to 10. That, compounded with their supply problems, as well as me being out of work for two few weeks (chain vaping most of the day) led to me using up all my cartos and trying the others.

Dual-coil steel These have two low resistance coils for more flavor and vapor. Although it wasn't clear from the description, they aren't made to work with 808 batteries (like V4l and Bloog maxx fusion), as there is no slot on the center post for air to flow through. I was getting desperate so dremmeled out a little grove to mimic my other carts. It wouldn't work on the Bloogs or pass through. I finally got it going on my V4L manuals, and wow! Major amounts of vapor and flavors were popping like never before. If I found something similar that would work on my Bloog batteries I'd be all for these.

Bloog Maxx Fusion I concur with other's opinions, these really crank up the throat hit. Flavors come through nicely, but not as bold as either the Ikenvapes or Dual-coil. They also seem to vape all the way to empty, without dozens of drops gunking up the works like the Ikenvapes. I haven't had them as long as the others, but they seem well designed and put together.

Eventually I was able to clean my Ikenvapes by boiling, then rinsing using a large syringe. They need to dry thoroughly. After that they perform nearly as well as when new.

I'd love to find a dual-coil that I know works on Bloog batteries. Until then I think I am going back to the Ikenvapes because of the flavor rendering and initial storage capacity. Personally I don't find throat hit to be that important, so the Bloog's big draw isn't that impressive for me.

Hope this helps people looking for new cartomizers. At least you can avoid my mistakes, and know that it's possible to clean your old cartomizers if you're running out.
Agree on the Ikenvapes. I found at first they were great, but like you said, the capacity seems to be all or nothing. Seemed like I had to top off with about 10 drops way too frequently, even though it was about 3/4 full. Strange. The double coils sound interesting. Almost makes me wanna order them and figure out a way to get em to work with the 808s lol

Then theres Bloog...just as I was singing their praises the other day, Im finding a few things I DONT like. 1) the cap seems to fall out quite a bit unless I push it down to almost flush, and that defeats the point of the easily removable caps. Theyre almost TOO easily removed. Lost one already. Also, fresh new carts are awesome, but the throat hit seemed to drop off quick, like after maybe 10 hits or so, and before a refill or top off. Topping off hasnt helped. Also I noticed the filler in my first cart turned pretty dark (less than 24 hrs) and theres a slight off taste even though I never let the cart anywhere near dry. My juice is a light straw color green apple juice from BWB...I know sweet juice gunks up filler, but this was a little quick. Blew the juice out before a refill and it helped with taste but not TH. I DID use the first cart on a passthru for a bit so maybe thats why. Overall theyre good, but now Im not sure if theyre worth the extra money over V4L carts...will know more in a few days.

Since y'all have set up a quick bloc review I'll add a few thoughts of my own. Real few--turns out I've gone in a different direction from everyone else with the eGo-T's, and my experience is much more limited since I settled in immediately with the first product and didn't experiment so much...

Favorite juices by far are the Wicked Vapors. They are a 60-40 blend which gives a mild throat hit with a fair amount of vapor. When I tried the V4L juices I found that a big throat hit was too painful for my apparently delicate sensibilities (lol) and actually didn't care as much for their flavors either. Gave those away to a friend I turned onto the system; she loves the DkChocolate/Rasberry as Tecumseh also mentioned. I get the Wicked Vapors from VaporPro, and favor the Cappacino, CarmelCarmel, and Dulce de Leche the most. At $9.95/30ml use them exclusively; mild and flavorful.

Been real pleased with the tank system overall, imagine it might be like the clearomizers lloyd christmas described above. The tanks began leaking after reusing them for two months plus; when I found some silicone caps that entirely resolved the problem. I also looked into Vicky's (?) method for adjusting the wicks to resolve leaking--there's a video out which I've got linked elsewhere--but by the time I tried it found that I'd actually burned my wicks out entirely and that's why they weren't working so well!! :lmao:

Have tried a couple carts from local vendors--a kiosk at Southpoint Mall here, and JR's--while they matched up and initially vaped well they haven't proved satifactory.

Tried to talk a couple of convenience stores around here into getting a good system in but they just seem to want to sell crap.

Have found a couple issues in general which I've alluded to in this thread, but either I'm the only one or I'm the only one talking about it.

--Glycerin is a diuretic. It dehydrates you in a big way, and you'll not only have to make sure you drink plenty of water--gotta be real careful against wet farts.

I am attuned enough to my body to actually gauge how well the atomizers are working by how often I'm hitting the head. :mellow:

--Nicotine no matter how it's consumed is a vascular constrictor. That means it affects sexual performance. Fortunately given my marriage situation I was already prepared with a prescription for Cialis--but even with insurance that can get expensive. So...I took the plunge and tried the e-cialis which I referenced earlier in this thread. It seems to work safely. :cool:

That's a real subjective judgement; as I said above I am conscious of my health. I was and am concerned with safety since it comes from China--and I've already discovered inequities in their quality control with other products (lighting--not health related). If you try it you will find that the e-cialis is too thick to vape for some systems--but it does work by simply dripping direct on the tongue! You choose your dose--4-5 drops works for me!

This thread has maybe saved my life--it's certainly improved it. Thanks to all. My goal is to be done in one more month and I think it's a slam dunk.

My new favorite juice is OM.FG tobacco from Kalamazoo vapor shop.Nitelitevapor has some good juice. I would recommend thei Renegade and Bounty Hunter. They also have awesome prices.Next is one of the most well known juice venders Backwoodsbrew. You can't go wrong with any of their juices. Casablanca is a fav.Aliens visions has the most popular Boba's bounty. His juice is 100% VG, so it's a little too thick for carts. It didn't stop me from using it in MAXXfusion cartomizers. I won't put them in carts anymore, because his flavor really comes a live in an atomizer.
Cheapest juice I've found anywhere comes from Bluemist. Their flavors are hit and miss, but they're certainly not sub-par, and if you find one (or a couple) you like and buy in bulk, that's when you'll really start to save $. Their bulk prices are damn near as cheap as doing DIY ($30 for 180ml) - even cheaper if your DIY batches are small.

Users who are viewing this thread