What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Everyone is sleeping on.... (1 Viewer)

Andre Holmes WR Dallas

Laurent Robinson is gone. Somebody has got to pick up the slack. The Cowboys didn't draft a WR with their early draft picks and Danny Coale (who may work out down the line as a slot receiver) broke a bone in his foot which will set back his shot at the 3rd WR position in the short term. And I really can't take Kevin Ogletree seriously as finally having a breakout year.

Holmes was the first name out of Jerry Jones’ mouth at the scouting combine in February when the Cowboys’ owner/general manager discussed the possibility of losing Laurent Robinson in free agency. http://espn.go.com/b...ut-andre-holmes

Maybe the Cowboys take another underachieving veteran like Robinson. But maybe they don't and the answer is on their bench. They have had good luck with off the radar players from smaller schools (Romo, Miles Austin). Is Holmes in that category? Who knows, but he was not rostered (until I grabbed him) in any dynasty league I am in that has open waivers, so, I think he is worth taking a flyer on. I think that during training camp we should have a pretty good idea of where he stands.
:coffee:

Anyone have a projection for Titus Young. 600 and 6 TDs last year. With the attention Megatron gets, seems like he could go over 1,000 with 8 or 9 scores to become a WR2 that you could draft like a low-end WR3.
I LOVE Young and think he will hit 1,000 this year...not big TDs but good yards.
You aren't worried about Broyles?
I'm just not seeing how Young gets 1K and 8-9 scores in 2012. More like 800 and 6 TD's IMO.He is without question the future WR2 but Burleson is still ahead of him on the depth chart and he will get his (757 yds and 3 Tds last year so no slouch). Add in a newly acquired Broyles plus Pettigrew and there's just not enough targets to go around for Titus to have that kind of year.Megatron 1,500 14 TDsPettigrew 800 7 TDsSheffler 250 3 TDsT. Young 800 6 TDsBurleson 600 3 TdsBroyles 300 2 TDsRunning backs and other WRS 650 3 TDs (852 and 5 last year for this group)That's assuming 4.9K and 38 TDs for Stafford and Burleson reduces 20%.

I am not saying this guy will win the job outright, but with where his ADP is currently at (RB 64), he is worth a look in deeper leagues:

Shanahan on Royster: 'You can't tackle him'

By Tarik El-Bashir

CSNwashington.com

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan insists he hasn’t decided how he’s going to handle the team’s trio of running backs.

Evan Royster hopes to make the decision for him.

To win the starting job, though, the second-year Fairfax, Va., native must outperform Roy Helu Jr. and Tim Hightower in the coming weeks.

“We’re all trying to do that,” Royster said. “So it’s going to be tough.”

Indeed, the battle figures to be intense.

Helu has a better burst than the others and has stood out through three days of training camp. Hightower is the most experienced, as well as the best pass catcher and blocker, but he’s still easing his way back into playing shape after a knee injury cut his 2011 season short.

Royster’s strengths? Well, singling out what he does well is as difficult as taking him down.

“Story of my life,” he said with a smile. “I’ve been told my whole life that I wasn’t fast enough. But I made it work to this point, so I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve done the past 15 years.”

Royster gained 328 yards on 56 attempts as a rookie and averaged a team-best 5.9 yards per carry. He started the final two games of the season, racking up 132 yards, against Minnesota, and 113 against Philadelphia.

Asked what he likes about Royster, Shanahan didn’t hesitate.

“You can’t tackle him,” the coach said. “He makes people miss. He knows how to cut [and] and he knows when to cut.”

Royster said his familiarity with Shanahan’s offense has, at times, proven to be an advantage as he adapts to the pro game.

“I guess I’m comfortable with the ‘inside zone’,” he said. “I ran a very similar offense with [Coach Tom] Verbanic at [Westfield High in Chantilly] and again at Penn State. I’ve just been doing it so long, I feel comfortable.”

If there’s one thing Royster wants to improve upon this season, he said, it’s his conditioning.

“The big thing for me at the end of last season was being in game shape,” said the 24-year-old, who was used sparingly until mid-December, when he took over for an ailing Helu. “I wasn’t used to getting out there and taking all those reps, especially in the Philly game when] I came out and I was cramping through my whole body. I wasn’t prepared for what I needed to do.”

“So that’s my focus this year: doing what I need to do be ready for games,” he added.

And, of course, winning the starting job.
Royster gets first crack at Redskins RB

By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

With Tim Hightower still out as he continues to recover from last year's serious knee injury, second-year man Evan Royster will start at running back in the Washington Redskins' preseason opener Thursday night in Buffalo, coach Mike Shanahan told reporters Tuesday.

I don't see this as a surprise. Royster looked like the best back in camp when I was there last week, and the conversations I had with Redskins people while there led me to believe they think Royster has a higher ceiling than fellow second-year back Roy Helu does assuming both players are fully healthy. I know they also like rookie Alfred Morris, and that he's not out of this mix, and the chief concern they have with both Royster and Helu is health.

So the fact Royster gets the first start doesn't automatically mean he's the favorite to open the regular season as the starter. For one thing, Hightower's recovery is proceeding, and if he can get healthy he's the starting running back. Also, since the chief worry about both Helu and Royster is health, we have to see not only how they look in the preseason but also how they hold up.

Shanahan's history leads me to expect Royster to play the majority of the game Thursday, rather than share time equally with Helu and/or Morris. Shanahan likes to give his running backs "whole games," or something close to it, in the preseason to simulate the kind of work they'd be asked to do if pressed into a starter's role during the season. So it wouldn't surprise me to see Royster play the bulk of Thursday's game and then see either Helu or Morris start and play most of the Aug. 18 preseason game in Chicago.

Also, I'm curious to see how much the evaluation of the running backs is affected by the injury issues with which the Redskins are dealing. Fullback Darrel Young is out for this game, as are starting right tackle Jammal Brown and left guard Kory Lichtensteiger, and right guard Chris Chester is a question mark due to a sprained ankle. It's tough for a running back to look his absolute best when he's missing his fullback and three-fifths of his offensive line.

To sum up: Consider this Royster start an interesting clue, but remember there's a lot more to sort and figure out about the Redskins' running back situation.

I picked alex green up off waivers in a dynasty league. If you have not seen any of his highlights i suggest you check him out on youtube.

Anyone have a projection for Titus Young. 600 and 6 TDs last year. With the attention Megatron gets, seems like he could go over 1,000 with 8 or 9 scores to become a WR2 that you could draft like a low-end WR3.
I LOVE Young and think he will hit 1,000 this year...not big TDs but good yards.
The hype around Broyles is laughable. Burelson is the one to worry about at this point, and Young is a bigger threat than Broyles.

"players people are sleeping on.."

Vick..on a PPG basis he was off the charts last season. he's not being mentioned as a guy you'd take in the first 2-3 rounds!

at fantasyfootballcalculator.com, his avg position is 4.01!! :eek:

another thread, 'interesting read' by Yudkin, sheds some light on the PPG scoring and number of 'studly'

games turned in by certain players..Vick had 7 studly games to Brady's 9, and Vick missed 3 games!

Last year's value pick was Matthew Stafford, this year's value pick,IMO, at an avg spot of 4.01, is Mike Vick..

Last edited by a moderator:
The hype around Broyles is laughable. Burelson is the one to worry about at this point, and Young is a bigger threat than Broyles.
Why is it "laughable"? He was a pretty high pick and seems like he will may be recovered for the second part of the season. He doesn't need to be a focal point of the offense to eat into Young's production. If he's the slot guy and he is effective it could limit Young. I like Titus and think he'll be solid but I think there may be a lot of mouths to feed and that could hurt. I definitely wouldn't say the hype is "laughable." It's a legitimate question IMO because he's a good player and the team thought highly enough of him to grab him relatively early.

Vick..on a PPG basis he was off the charts last season. he's not being mentioned as a guy you'd take in the first 2-3 rounds!

another thread, 'interesting read' by Yudkin, sheds some light on the PPG scoring and number of 'studly'

games turned in by certain players..Vick had 7 studly games to Brady's 9, and Vick missed 3 games!

Last year's value pick was Matthew Stafford, this year's value pick,IMO, at an avg spot of 4.01, is Mike Vick..
I agree on Vick . . . but the other guy I would want is Ryan. IMO, his stock is on the rise and he will make the jump to the top tier this year . . . and he's been going in the late 6th/early 7th round in 12 team leagues. For those into tiering, I would guess it will be Brady, Rodgers, and Brees in the first tier and Newton, Vick, Ryan, and Stafford in the second tier. Third tier I would slot Romo, Eli, Rivers, and maybe Peyton and Big Ben. After that, others may end up better than expected (like Cutler), but I don't see anyone else being a true fantasy asset when compared to those guys. Better stated, if you end up having to play someone else, you more than likely will be at a disadvantage unless it is a good matchup. So overall, maybe Schaub or RGIII or Palmer may have a decent week, but in the main that may not compare to Rodgers or Brees if you were facing those guys.

Austin Collie was on pace for top ten discussion until he was concussed. The value u can get from guys like Macklin and Stevie Johnson is nice as well.

Gerhart and Hillis at rb. I think the both have feature back talent, will force a commiteet and the starter is coming off injury. Redman isnt getting any love, maybe he will after the preseason.

Qb Matt Ryan based on last year, thought the schedule was soft, and upside.

TE Gresham and Rudolph are bothe athletic first round picks that can be had undrafted.

Austin Collie was on pace for top ten discussion until he was concussed. The value u can get from guys like Macklin and Stevie Johnson is nice as well. Gerhart and Hillis at rb. I think the both have feature back talent, will force a commiteet and the starter is coming off injury. Redman isnt getting any love, maybe he will after the preseason. Qb Matt Ryan based on last year, thought the schedule was soft, and upside.TE Gresham and Rudolph are bothe athletic first round picks that can be had undrafted.
Austin Collie's top10 pace was 2 years ago, and now he has a rookie QB. I like what else you have to say though

I agree on Vick . . . but the other guy I would want is Ryan. IMO, his stock is on the rise and he will make the jump to the top tier this year . . . and he's been going in the late 6th/early 7th round in 12 team leagues. For those into tiering, I would guess it will be Brady, Rodgers, and Brees in the first tier and Newton, Vick, Ryan, and Stafford in the second tier. Third tier I would slot Romo, Eli, Rivers, and maybe Peyton and Big Ben. After that, others may end up better than expected (like Cutler), but I don't see anyone else being a true fantasy asset when compared to those guys. Better stated, if you end up having to play someone else, you more than likely will be at a disadvantage unless it is a good matchup. So overall, maybe Schaub or RGIII or Palmer may have a decent week, but in the main that may not compare to Rodgers or Brees if you were facing those guys.
I like Ryan as one of 2 guys to target if you miss out on the top end guys. The other I like is Cutler, who people are also sleeping on IMO. After the top end elite or near elite qb's (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Vick, Newton, Stafford, Romo, Rivers) Ryan and Cutler are the best of the rest.

Now that training camps are underway there are some other guys who I think deserve some mention in this thread:

Leonard Hankerson,

Bilal Powell,

Sam Bradford (I know, I know, no legitimate wr's as of yet. But this guy seems to have regained his rookie year mojo with Fisher at the helm. And we all know how good qb's can make wr's a lot better. I anticipate a big jump this year).

Steve Smith WR-CAR

Finished on the fringe of Top 10 WR last year and is currently being taken 19th-20th. He's a guy with Top 10 upside sitting there in the late 4th early 5th round. IMO Cam's 2nd year growth as a passer will carry Smith into the top 10. With a floor of where he's being drafted I see nothing but upside.

Michael TurnerEven with 250 carries, I see him as a 1200 yard, 10-15 TD back. Rodgers will get an increase in touches, but they're going to quickly find out 30 year old Turner is the vastly vastly vastly vastly vastly superior option between the tackles.Rodgers is a nice CoP receiving option/dimension for ATL, but he is a pedestrian talent running the football.
I agree. There is a reason Rodgers lasted until the 5th round. He is small and slow. He was a good college back but I do not think he has the physical attributes to be a quality NFL back. The idea of spreading the carries around and keeping Turner fresh sounds good to the new Falcons OC, but I think once he gets a look at Rodgers in game action that idea will not be as appealing as it sounds now.

'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
'ShaHBucks said:
Austin Collie was on pace for top ten discussion until he was concussed. The value u can get from guys like Macklin and Stevie Johnson is nice as well. Gerhart and Hillis at rb. I think the both have feature back talent, will force a commiteet and the starter is coming off injury. Redman isnt getting any love, maybe he will after the preseason. Qb Matt Ryan based on last year, thought the schedule was soft, and upside.TE Gresham and Rudolph are bothe athletic first round picks that can be had undrafted.
Austin Collie's top10 pace was 2 years ago, and now he has a rookie QB. I like what else you have to say though
As did Steve Smith, Percy Harvin and AJ Green. I have to type his name In on ESPN mock drafts because he's ranked in the 80's, which makes him a WR7 with WR2-3 upside. And if he starts on the outside he won't be running 5 yard routs the entire game so his ypc can flirt with 15 and not the 10 he's used too. I only mentioned 2 years ago because he 26, I doubt he's gotten worse.

Andre Holmes WR Dallas

Laurent Robinson is gone. Somebody has got to pick up the slack. The Cowboys didn't draft a WR with their early draft picks and Danny Coale (who may work out down the line as a slot receiver) broke a bone in his foot which will set back his shot at the 3rd WR position in the short term. And I really can't take Kevin Ogletree seriously as finally having a breakout year.

Holmes was the first name out of Jerry Jones’ mouth at the scouting combine in February when the Cowboys’ owner/general manager discussed the possibility of losing Laurent Robinson in free agency. http://espn.go.com/b...ut-andre-holmes

Maybe the Cowboys take another underachieving veteran like Robinson. But maybe they don't and the answer is on their bench. They have had good luck with off the radar players from smaller schools (Romo, Miles Austin). Is Holmes in that category? Who knows, but he was not rostered (until I grabbed him) in any dynasty league I am in that has open waivers, so, I think he is worth taking a flyer on. I think that during training camp we should have a pretty good idea of where he stands.
I like Coale but the issue here is Austin Miles is really the slot WR. If someone is going to replace Robinson it will need to be an outside Wr. Catching TD's. definitely worth watching for.

'[icon] said:
Steve Smith WR-CARFinished on the fringe of Top 10 WR last year and is currently being taken 19th-20th. He's a guy with Top 10 upside sitting there in the late 4th early 5th round. IMO Cam's 2nd year growth as a passer will carry Smith into the top 10. With a floor of where he's being drafted I see nothing but upside.
:goodposting:

Andre Holmes WR Dallas

I like Coale but the issue here is Austin Miles is really the slot WR. If someone is going to replace Robinson it will need to be an outside Wr. Catching TD's. definitely worth watching for.
he's going undrafted in a lot of leagues

Christian PonderI don't expect he'll be top 10, but I do think he'll fit in somewhere around 11-15. The addition of Kalil and Carlson will pay off big, IMO.I'd rather take a chance on him than Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, for example.
I mentioned Rudolph before as a guy I really like to have a second year breakout, but I know you follow the Vikings and see you mentioned Carlson. Do you see Carlson outscoring Rudolph?Either way, as far as your Ponder call, he does have a lot of potential weapons, and theoretically they'll be throwing a lot this year given how many think they'll perform.
Still a crapshoot at this point as to how they plan on using them together. If it were me, I'd expect better numbers from Rudolph.
RUDOLPH is by far my sleeper in TEs. All over the web as TE 18-24, but I see him finishing more like TE 10-12. - Two TE sets hype is for power running and short yardage plays. But given the galrinig weakness at WR, it also puts WRs 1:1 with corners.- Carlson left the field gimpy already.- Rudolph is 6'5" and known for his pass-catching when drafted. Well under utilized last year and EVERYONE has let the conservative OC know it.- Lining-up Rudolph on the outside on plays. Not a lot of 6' corners in the league ...- Ponder working a lot over the summer and at camp with ... Rudolph.And this ...http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/67385/

Austin Collie... He will be starting and Reggie Wayne still demands some coverage. He is great in the slot and Luck is a capable QB. Obviously there are the concussion concerns, but you can get Collie for a bag of peanuts.
Throwing between the numbers is an option that looks good especially for young QB's so Collie will get targets because of it.Rotoworld) After Tuesday's practice, Colts coach Chuck Pagano noted that Andrew Luck is "off the charts in terms of football IQ." Analysis: "He hasn't missed a beat," said Pagano after Luck completed 15-of-16 passes during 11-on-11 drills in Tuesday's practice. Added Austin Collie, who was Luck's favorite receiver in practice, "The kid has got it." Beat writer George Bremer confirms that "to the surprise of pretty much nobody," Luck was "impressive."
(Rotoworld) The Colts are giving Austin Collie a legitimate chance to secure the outside receiver job opposite Reggie Wayne in training camp. Analysis: Collie is already locked in as Indy's slot receiver, but he's getting a long look as the first-team flanker. "Before I was more like the security blanket," Collie explained. "Now I am going to focus on being able to make the big play down the field." Emerging as an every-down receiver would be a big help to Collie's fantasy value. He'll have to beat out Donnie Avery and rookie LaVon Brazill.
To continue my Collie hype train.(RotoWire) The Colts think Collie is better on the outside, even in formations with three receivers, the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: Collie's value could take a slight hit in PPR leagues if he stays outside all year, but his yardage and touchdown efficiency could improve since he'll be given more room to run.

Have you seen Cutlers schedule? AFCS NFCW NFCN TWICE and Dallas+Car.....add to that how Det; Gb; Dallas; Car will be shoot outs...Dallas; Minny; GB; Det; Rams; Ari; Seahawks are bad to average at best at pass D. Even Miners have better run D vs. Pass D...Titans lost their best CB in FA....Indy ducks on pass D....Jax is not that good

Andre Holmes WR Dallas

he's going undrafted in a lot of leagues
I must hv ADD :bag: :)

Have you seen Cutlers schedule? AFCS NFCW NFCN TWICE and Dallas+Car.....add to that how Det; Gb; Dallas; Car will be shoot outs...Dallas; Minny; GB; Det; Rams; Ari; Seahawks are bad to average at best at pass D. Even Miners have better run D vs. Pass D...Titans lost their best CB in FA....Indy ducks on pass D....Jax is not that good
Seahawks have one of the best passing defenses in the league.

I don't think people are appreciating the gravity of Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler. Both are heading north bigtime. I expect Marshall to be Top 5, ahead of Nicks, AJ Green, and Roddy. I expect Cutler to turn in his very best season.
so you are assuming the the very suspect Bears OLine can protect Cutler?

Juicy.

I don't think people are appreciating the gravity of Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler. Both are heading north bigtime. I expect Marshall to be Top 5, ahead of Nicks, AJ Green, and Roddy. I expect Cutler to turn in his very best season.
Martz is gone forever from the NFL. He won't be taking 25 step drops and waiting for the 5 minute route to develop.

Martz is gone forever from the NFL. He won't be taking 25 step drops and waiting for the 5 minute route to develop.
No he won't be taking a seven step drop and the running game should be very good ......... but he will still need time to pass

Carimi is back at RT. LT is the biggest question mark but we have Chris W in case Webb cannot cut it. The Martz system is gone.... And most importantly Cutler has 2 beasts outside is Marshall and Alshon. Add them to Bennett; Hester; Forte and Bush and you have a real shot at top 10 production from Cutler ... Which is robbery given his ADP right nowso you are assuming the the very suspect Bears OLine can protect Cutler?

No he won't be taking a seven step drop and the running game should be very good ......... but he will still need time to pass
Go back and look at game logs last year. There was a stretch until Cutler got injured on a dumb luck injury trying to tackle an interceptor because the WR fell down .... In that stretch hog 4 to 5 games he was hardly sacked.

I think they shorten the drops and the line suddenly doesn't look so terrible. Martz is known for getting quarterbacks killed.

Austin Collie... He will be starting and Reggie Wayne still demands some coverage. He is great in the slot and Luck is a capable QB. Obviously there are the concussion concerns, but you can get Collie for a bag of peanuts.
Throwing between the numbers is an option that looks good especially for young QB's so Collie will get targets because of it.Rotoworld) After Tuesday's practice, Colts coach Chuck Pagano noted that Andrew Luck is "off the charts in terms of football IQ." Analysis: "He hasn't missed a beat," said Pagano after Luck completed 15-of-16 passes during 11-on-11 drills in Tuesday's practice. Added Austin Collie, who was Luck's favorite receiver in practice, "The kid has got it." Beat writer George Bremer confirms that "to the surprise of pretty much nobody," Luck was "impressive."
(Rotoworld) The Colts are giving Austin Collie a legitimate chance to secure the outside receiver job opposite Reggie Wayne in training camp. Analysis: Collie is already locked in as Indy's slot receiver, but he's getting a long look as the first-team flanker. "Before I was more like the security blanket," Collie explained. "Now I am going to focus on being able to make the big play down the field." Emerging as an every-down receiver would be a big help to Collie's fantasy value. He'll have to beat out Donnie Avery and rookie LaVon Brazill.
To continue my Collie hype train.(RotoWire) The Colts think Collie is better on the outside, even in formations with three receivers, the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: Collie's value could take a slight hit in PPR leagues if he stays outside all year, but his yardage and touchdown efficiency could improve since he'll be given more room to run.
Luck to Collie for the TD.Thank me later :)

I'd agree, if I didn't think that Broyles would become a fast favorite of Stafford's out of the slot.
Former QBs turned analyst/commentator insist that QBs don't have favorite targets, they throw to whichever guy appears to have the best matchup on that play.

I'd agree, if I didn't think that Broyles would become a fast favorite of Stafford's out of the slot.
Former QBs turned analyst/commentator insist that QBs don't have favorite targets, they throw to whichever guy appears to have the best matchup on that play.
This is not really true.With plenty of back shoulder throws, timing routes, trusting a guy by throwing into tight coverage etc, I really think qb's have guys they favor and in turn they end up with more targets.

I think they shorten the drops and the line suddenly doesn't look so terrible. Martz is known for getting quarterbacks killed.
FYI . . . Tice's QBs got sacked at the same rate as Martz QBs have over the span of both coaches careers.

FYI . . . Tice's QBs got sacked at the same rate as Martz QBs have over the span of both coaches careers.
I don't feel Tice's tenure in Minnesota has any predictive value for what will occur during his time as OC in Chicago. You keep pointing back to those years throughout the thread, but I just don't think it really has any merit. Aside from the obvious drastic difference in personnel and hundreds of other variables at play, you have to realize that Tice is basically collaborating with former Broncos OC Jeremy Bates and Cutler on what the offense is actually going to be. He's not coming in with a set system that he wants to install like Martz did, which would allow us to look at his past work and project that onto the Bears. Their scheme is to basically do what Cutler wants, because they realize that doing what Cutler is good at is the only way they have a shot at a SB. As a result, Minnesota and his other coaching stops have almost nothing to do with what this offense will look like. This is exactly why they brought in Bates, because the standing orders are to make Cutler happy, and Bates knows how to do that. He is essentially there to help Tice make sure that happens. Last year, during the 5 or so games before Cutler was injured, the Bears offense looked very different, and it was largely due to Cutler and Tice basically wresting control of the offense from Martz ("Tell Martz I said F*** you!"). During those games, Cutler looked pretty great, and it's because they eliminated most of Martz stuff and stuck to what works for that OL and Jay: shorter drops, roll-outs, using Jay's feet and rocket arm to make plays. We should expect more of that, not more of what Tice did a decade ago with less experience and completely different players and staff around him. We should expect more of what the Bears did those last several games before Cutler was injured, except now, he has far more talent around him than he did last year. And btw, to your point about sacks, during those last 5 games, Cutler was sacked 5 times. Not too bad, and that was with Tice/Cutler at the controls.That is why people are optimistic about Cutler/Marshall. Marshall being top 5 could be a stretch, but I don't think he'll be too far from it, barring injuries.

FYI Cutler was sacked 5 times in his last 5 starts

Collie is an absolute steal at his ADP.

All the reports out of camp are of his chemistry with Luck and tonight showed that Luck is the real deal.

Guys that are under the radar IMO;

QBs;

Cutler

Schaub

RBs;

R. Bush

D. Brown

Green-Ellis

WRs;

Bowe

Harvin

Maclin

Jay Cutler..go watch that Skins again.He has weapons now
I suppose it depends on what type of league you play in but mine penalizes for sacks and INTs. From what I saw that O-line is still very suspect. Though Cutler wasn't sacked (by sheer virtue of his escability) by the Skins, there were numerous instances where he just got the ball out in time, ran away from pressure and/or was throwing off his back foot. Early returns are encouraging, but I'm reserving final judgment on Cutler and his new toys until after the this Friday's game against the Giants.

For those playing in deep deep leagues, I have a feeling Justin Forsett will be a factor as the season goes on. I won't be surprised to see play as the team's 3rd down back and if either Foster or Tate gets hurt he will fill in nicely. I see Forsett playing a role like Mewelde Moore did a couple years back with Pittsburgh.

I assumed that Kyle Rudolph would be jumping up draft boards around this time, but he's still sitting out there in the TE17-20 range, and I think he's a fantastic lottery ticket guy.

Take him in a later round and see what happens.

For those playing in deep deep leagues, I have a feeling Justin Forsett will be a factor as the season goes on. I won't be surprised to see play as the team's 3rd down back and if either Foster or Tate gets hurt he will fill in nicely. I see Forsett playing a role like Mewelde Moore did a couple years back with Pittsburgh.
So, you'd take foster off the field to roll forsett out there?

So, you'd take foster off the field to roll forsett out there?
Is that what you read? :confused: He get the occasional 3rd down carry and will get more if either gets hurt. Justin Forsett is probably not getting drafted in most leagues and has by most accounts had an impressive training camp. Unlike other teams, Houston has a solid defense, O-line and relies heavily on the run. I think the workload will gets shared out a little more since this team will want to save their star backs for a playoff run.

Luck to Collie for the TD.Thank me later :)
Thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread