What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

EVILGRIN'S BIG TIME FIRST ROUND MOCK w/ COMMENTARY (1 Viewer)

Chicks dig him because he rarely wears underwear, and when he does, it’s usually something exotic.
its nuggets like this are the reason i would never miss an EG mock (though nuggets in the context of a sentence about underwear is a disturbing image)...* try a zesty ranch PESTO... & a guy could die of thirst before getting a westmalle or rocheforte around this establishment** DAL picked up hamlin which may keep henry at CB, though some think hamlin isn't a lock to be an upgrade... with both DAL WRs approaching mid-30s (& TO being more combustible than an arsonist's tool kit) & this being a WR-rich draft (which i think you noted already), that could be an interesting intersection of BPA & team need at that juncture in the draft... not sure who LG is opposite leonard davis, but a mauler guard like grubbs would present close to 700 lbs of beef at guard, and help run game in physical NFC east...*** i think if a stud DL is there, that is the direction rams go... i think their preference is okoye, otherwise i'm not sure if they would prioritize a branch or anderson... anderson could definitely be the pick... i've seen him go as high as 1.6 or 1.7 in earlier mocks, & as bloom noted, hall may be interim solution (like glover & chavous last season)... maybe if willis is there they consider him, but i think next priority migh be a stud CB, if not DL... carriker might be another guy they would look at... though big enough to be favorite to assign to 3-4 teams as DE, he showed impressive speed & COD at combine drills, and could be a bigger justin smith as a 4-3 DE...i'd say order looks like...okoyeanderson, branch, carrikerCB
More great stuff here, thanks, Bob. Oh, and I have a Rochefort 10 in a glass as we speak. :rant: I thought long and hard about Blalock to Dallas, being a local product and with a need at G.

On the Patriot Picks...

24- New England - Paul Posluszny , LB, Penn St. This one’s so easy it’s like stealing if PP is still available at #24. Posluszny is a Patriots kind of guy for one, and fills a need at LB as well. That’s all I’m going to write about this because I’m sick of typing that last name.

My take: I doubt he slides to here, and the Pats are not know for drafting LBs. The secondary is in need, and the Pats are more likely to get their linebackers later in the draft. I think since CB Chris Houston is on your board as well as S Michael Griffen, one of these would be the most likely pick.

28- New England - Eric Weddle, S, Utah. Another hunch pick, as NFL teams may just decide that Weddle doesn’t have the athleticism to play every down in the NFL and he could free-fall. However, he’s an incredibly heady ball player who just seems like the kind of guy that would fit in New England like Andre the Giant would have fit at my family reunions. Plus, he possesses the versatility to play multiple spots in the secondary, which is really just what the doctor ordered for New England.

My Take: There might be a few of the top LBs and CBs here if they do not trade the pick. If they do not draft Posluszny as you had and someone else drafts him, then Timmons could be here or Houston. I am not sure the Pats would go with Timmons. I just keep thinking if the Pats don't trade the pick, then picks 24 and 28 are going to be S/CB. A trade down would be for FB Brian Leonard...although some feel the Pats just might draft him at pick 28th.

Last edited by a moderator:
17- Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida. Phew, that’s better. OK, so Jacksonville, eh. They’ll probably look hard at Posluszny and Timmons here, but their most glaring need is at safety, with the departure of Deon Grant. The local kid makes too much sense not to project here. Nelson has speed that lead some to believe he could play corner in a pinch, and the opportunity to pair Nelson with Rashean Mathis will be tantalizing for the Jags’ brass.
:ph34r: My fingers and toes are crossed.

FYI: Houston already switched to the 4-3 last year. They have bodies at DT although Okoye would be an upgrade, but if Jamaal Anderson is still on the board, I think they would go DE over DT and get a nice bookend to compliment Mario.
I thought they played a 3-4/4-3 hybrid last year, but maybe I'm wrong. I might change this with the next mock and project Anderson to Houston and Okoye to St. Louis. Thanks for the info.
I dunno. I think you could keep it as it is. A DT like Okoye would probably help as much if not more than another DE.
I might. I just want to get as much homer feedback as possible (as well as from the feloow draft nuts like you, Chaos Commish, Bloom, Dowling, etc..) so that my final mock will be put together with as much information as I can get my hands on.
I think the only thing that was flawed was the reason behind Okoye. the texans don't have a quick penetraitng DT nor a true passing rushing DE. Unless you draft, a QB, MLB or a Strong side DE you probably not missing with the Texans.
Yep, the Texans could go any number of ways in their spot: DE, DT, CB, S, OT, WR are all legitimate needs and there are all players in those positions that could slip or would be good value at the 10 slot (except maybe WR.) Unless some new info comes out, there's no real inside track on how they are gonna go at this point.

FYI: Houston already switched to the 4-3 last year. They have bodies at DT although Okoye would be an upgrade, but if Jamaal Anderson is still on the board, I think they would go DE over DT and get a nice bookend to compliment Mario.
What if it's a choice between Landry and Anderson?
Would go with Landry myself, he seems the much better prospect at his position and we at least have some bodies that could fill in at the DE & DT slots. The upgrade from CC Brown to Landry is much larger to me than from Anthony Weaver to Jamaal Anderson.But what do I know, I'm not a professional football coach, although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :ptts:

I like that you justified the Ginn reach with the disclaimer that he needs to be healthy and work out for it to happen. Its true, if he runs a 4.3, he just might pop back up from his current late first round grade.
Can someone help me understand how him running a 4.3 brings him back up to the top? This always drives me crazy. His game breaking abilities were shown on the field plenty of times already...(sorry - not attacking EG or Bloom, just the overall thought)
It's not so much that teams don't already know he has world-class speed as it is the fact that he will have not only shown he's 100% healthy but that he has a clear speed advantage over the other WRs in this draft. That's more or less accpeted, but sometimes GMs like to see it spelled out numerically, and a staggering time in the 40 affirms Ginn's ability to beat NFL corners and stretch the field.
I'm more of a "on the field" guy then watching these tests performed in a vacuum. It's nothing but bum luck that he came up with this injury at this stage. I think someone's gonna walk away with a steal if he disappoints in his workout. For the record, I think he'll be one hell of an NFL player but not so hot Fantasy wise (a better receiving Dante Hall).Nice job on the mock.

Ginn @ 7 :D Had to stop there.
If Ginn is available at #32 do the Colts select him?
Thats possible. And I do think Ginn is a good player. But he is complimentary player not a WR 1 imho.As a Viking fan that pick just really bothered me.I could see Ginn being drafted as early as 20 or so not thinking of any particular team that would target him.Personaly I like Dallas Clark as the Colts 3rd Wr option because he makes thier offense more versitile. But Ginn would be good value for the Colts there I think. I still think the Colts should focus thier draft on defense however.

What if it's a choice between Landry and Anderson?
Would go with Landry myself, he seems the much better prospect at his position and we at least have some bodies that could fill in at the DE & DT slots. The upgrade from CC Brown to Landry is much larger to me than from Anthony Weaver to Jamaal Anderson.But what do I know, I'm not a professional football coach, although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D
egg zack lee I'd much rather them take a chance on a BIG late than a skill position.

9 - Miami - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. Personally, I think Levi is being a touch overrated due to positions scarcity, but it’s just that circumstance that likely puts him in Miami. Having added Joey “Manos de Piedra” Porter to shore up the defense, Miami turns its attention to a lineman that can protect Culpepper’s blind side. Brown and Vernon Carey give Miami two big tackles, and Brown’s run blocking will mean better holes for Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, who thinks Canadian weed sucks.
I know it could happen, but wouldn't this provide for a great reunion between Levi and Joey. :popcorn:

9 - Miami - Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. Personally, I think Levi is being a touch overrated due to positions scarcity, but it’s just that circumstance that likely puts him in Miami. Having added Joey “Manos de Piedra” Porter to shore up the defense, Miami turns its attention to a lineman that can protect Culpepper’s blind side. Brown and Vernon Carey give Miami two big tackles, and Brown’s run blocking will mean better holes for Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, who thinks Canadian weed sucks.
I know it could happen, but wouldn't this provide for a great reunion between Levi and Joey. :popcorn:
I made the same mistake. Levi Jones not Brown

Obviously, you were full of crap for the first half of this mock, cleared things out and finished nicely. :D

I haven't been posting all my thoughts this year for a variety of reasons. Something I shared with Bloom is that I am in huge disagreement with the mainstream opinions I am reading and I just don't feel like being the contrarian unless I air it all out at once. An article may be coming to DraftGuys soon on that topic. I posted Mayock's top 25 and talked corners with Andy a little in PMs today, and I think Chris Houston is rightfully placed in Mayock's top 10. He is this year's Whitner. He has replaced Revis as the top corner on my board. Bloom knows I was hyping Houston way back in January, so this isn't based only on the measureables. I think he is the safest elite corner in the draft. I think Revis is the only other elite corner. I think Hall is, to quote a scout at the Senior Bowl, "just a guy." He is similar to many other corners available this year. So, the rep may get him in the top 20, but Houston goes first, imo, and I am feeling very confident in this one.

Thanks for the Mock EG. I'm not posting it to my contest because I trust you'll update it before the draft.

:bye: always enjoy an EG72 mock.If I were a Bills fan and they passed on Willis for Lynch, I think i'd break my TV. No disrespect to Lynch, but Willis has to be VERY high on Buffalo's board.
No way do the Bills take Lynch over Willis.Lynch may be a good back, but he is not special. Bills will draft a RB in 3rd round and use a RBBC with Atrain and another vet-like Chris Brown.They have a gaping hole at the most important position in the cover-2 -MLB. Jauron will view Willis as his Urlacher. Willis could be special. Marv has dealt with every position except MLB.They need Willis so bad they will trade up to Houston at #10 to be sure SF doesn't steal him.

On the Patriot Picks...

24- New England - Paul Posluszny , LB, Penn St. This one’s so easy it’s like stealing if PP is still available at #24. Posluszny is a Patriots kind of guy for one, and fills a need at LB as well. That’s all I’m going to write about this because I’m sick of typing that last name.

My take: Everyone thinks that Posluszny is a Patriots kind of player. And he might be. However, he doesnt fit their measureables. At 238 lbs he doesnt have ideal size for an ILB and he doesnt have the size and speed they look for in an OLB. If Chris Houston is still on the board, I think he is the pick here. I also think that Reggie Nelson could go here as well.

28- New England - Eric Weddle, S, Utah. Another hunch pick, as NFL teams may just decide that Weddle doesn’t have the athleticism to play every down in the NFL and he could free-fall. However, he’s an incredibly heady ball player who just seems like the kind of guy that would fit in New England like Andre the Giant would have fit at my family reunions. Plus, he possesses the versatility to play multiple spots in the secondary, which is really just what the doctor ordered for New England.

My Take: There are a number of guys that I like here for the Pats and I think that each of them can be had in the top of the 2nd round. I think the Pats try real hard here to trade down. Then it could be Weddle, or Michael Griffin, or Brian Leonard or Anthony Spencer.

you know, just about everybody has the Bucs taking CJ -- it just makes too much sense for it to happen. very rarely do one of those picks that everybody has pegged end up working out.

everytime I open a new mock I actually hope they have the Bucs taking somebody else. it's just too easy.

you know, just about everybody has the Bucs taking CJ -- it just makes too much sense for it to happen. very rarely do one of those picks that everybody has pegged end up working out.

everytime I open a new mock I actually hope they have the Bucs taking somebody else. it's just too easy.
I'd be surprised if the Browns passed on CJ.
PHOENIX - Coach Romeo Crennel summed up his attitude toward the Browns' draft -- to any Browns draft -- very simply:

``You should always take the best player available,'' he said last week at the NFL's annual meetings.

Always?

``The only question becomes if there's a couple (of players) you might be interested in, if they're equal or their value is equal, then you choose the one that is best for your team,'' Crennel said.

And if they're not equal?

``Then you take the best guy available,'' Crennel said.
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/footba...ns/17011581.htm

you know, just about everybody has the Bucs taking CJ -- it just makes too much sense for it to happen. very rarely do one of those picks that everybody has pegged end up working out.everytime I open a new mock I actually hope they have the Bucs taking somebody else. it's just too easy.
That's very true, and at this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone trade up to get Johnson. Since I wasn't projecting trades, though - I don't see any way he doesn't go top 4. I would have projected him to Detroit at #2 (I think the Raiders are going QB no matter what, unless they trade Moss) but I think Detriot fans would have a s### fit if they drafted another receiver, plus they already have a bonafide #1 guy in Roy Williams. Cleveland at 3 is a possibility, but with Edwards and Winslow in the fold, I figured they might be more apt to try to set up their running game. I just can't see Johnson getting past #4 - Arizona wouldn't take him at 5 with Fitzgerald and Boldin there, so he'd end up going to Washington or Chicago at #6? He's too good to drop that far.

you know, just about everybody has the Bucs taking CJ -- it just makes too much sense for it to happen. very rarely do one of those picks that everybody has pegged end up working out.everytime I open a new mock I actually hope they have the Bucs taking somebody else. it's just too easy.
That's very true, and at this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone trade up to get Johnson. Since I wasn't projecting trades, though - I don't see any way he doesn't go top 4. I would have projected him to Detroit at #2 (I think the Raiders are going QB no matter what, unless they trade Moss) but I think Detriot fans would have a s### fit if they drafted another receiver, plus they already have a bonafide #1 guy in Roy Williams. Cleveland at 3 is a possibility, but with Edwards and Winslow in the fold, I figured they might be more apt to try to set up their running game. I just can't see Johnson getting past #4 - Arizona wouldn't take him at 5 with Fitzgerald and Boldin there, so he'd end up going to Washington or Chicago at #6? He's too good to drop that far.
no, I meant someone will take him before the Bucs get a shot to.obviously he won't drop past 4.

Thanks for all the input yesterday/this morning. To answer some comments :

1) On the Patriots - those are hunch picks. Naturally, the Asante Samuel situation will dictate to a large extent what they do, but I am confident he'll be back in the fold, and while New England needs secondary help, I can't imagine they devote two picks to the secondary when they also need LB help. Posluszny may be a bit undersized, but the guy is a football player and could go as early as #12. He'd be a steal at 24. Weddle is a shot in the dark -may change by mock 2, I'm not sure.

2) I was prepared to take heat on the Ginn selection at #7. Again, this is qualified pending the results of his individual workout. If people don't think he could shoot up this high if he runs a sub 4.3 40 and has a lights-out individual workout catching the ball, then so be it. I've seen too many meteoric risers in my day to make me think this is impossible. Unlikely? Sure. But you gotta take some chances. No way he lasts until 32, IMO.

3) The Texans have so many holes, they could take almost anyone and fill a need. I have Okoye going to them based ont alent and upside, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hall, Anderson, Branch, Brown, Lynch, or almost anyone else for that matter. Tough team to project.

4) Chaos Commish - I look forward very much to seeing your stuff before the draft. I have a lot of respect for your evaluations.

Why ios everyone convinced the Raiders are going QB?Because they didn't pick either of 2 guys that were better than Russell when they had the chance.?Al Davis is too old to be wasting high picks on rookie QBs.More likely the trend they started last year continues and they pick the best talent with the least downsdie in Calvin Johnson.They then get Bledsoe, Culpepper, Carr, Green to play QB.

no, I meant someone will take him before the Bucs get a shot to.obviously he won't drop past 4.
I wouldn't be remotely surprised. It'll all come down to :1) Does Oakland trade Moss? If not, what good does it do them to have Moss and Calvin Johnson with no one to throw the ball to them?2) Can Detroit stomach another top-10 WR? They have far more pressing needs. A trade down with someone who wants Johnson looms as a distinct possibility.3) Will Cleveland feel Johnson or Peterson is the best player available if they're both there at #3? Both are prototypes for their positions and possible perennial all-stars. If they absolutely love CJ, they'll probably take him, but I've heard a lot out of Cleveland (sure it could be smoke screens) that they love Peterson, and he certainly addresses more of a long term need than Johnson. They also could use Joe Thomas and could select him, as the raiders did Gallery a few years back - passing on Rivers and Roethlisberger (think they regret that?)It may happen or it may not....

Exactly. And taking it one step further, teams like Washington and Atlanta, who have been rumored to move UP to get Johnson don't have the cap room for the #2 overall pick.People play too many video games where players are traded like Pokemon cards.

Why ios everyone convinced the Raiders are going QB?Because they didn't pick either of 2 guys that were better than Russell when they had the chance.?Al Davis is too old to be wasting high picks on rookie QBs.More likely the trend they started last year continues and they pick the best talent with the least downsdie in Calvin Johnson.They then get Bledsoe, Culpepper, Carr, Green to play QB.
It's possible, but the Raiders have a bonafide #1 receiver already in Moss and no one to get him the ball. Russell has the huge arm Davis loves, and with the money were talking about for a #1 pick these days - many teams prefer to have an investment that huge tied up in a QB, as it's the most important position on the field, and the one teams earmark more money for than any other to begin with.

Exactly. And taking it one step further, teams like Washington and Atlanta, who have been rumored to move UP to get Johnson don't have the cap room for the #2 overall pick.People play too many video games where players are traded like Pokemon cards.
I generally dismiss trades in mocks. But this year I think teams 2-5 will be wheeling and dealing. If AZ is going to land Thomas they probably have to move up. Even if it means giving something to TB to move up one spot. I have a hunch Cleveland and Tampa are prime candidates to move down and they have serious suitors by the end of the month

I generally dismiss trades in mocks. But this year I think teams 2-5 will be wheeling and dealing. If AZ is going to land Thomas they probably have to move up. Even if it means giving something to TB to move up one spot. I have a hunch Cleveland and Tampa are prime candidates to move down and they have serious suitors by the end of the month
What's frustrating about mocking this year is the likelihood of trades, but no clue what those trades might be.How about Detroit trades down to Tampa's spot, Tampa takes CJ. Detroit then trades with Arizona, and the Cards take Thomas. Then at #5, the Lions take Willis.

Or how about....

Or how about...

Or how about...

:confused:

I read earlier that Tampa is totally sold on Johnson and will trade a second rounder to move UP if they don't think they can get him at #4. Unless that's a smoke screen, I don't see them trading down. Detroit or Cleveland, yes.

What's frustrating about mocking this year is the likelihood of trades, but no clue what those trades might be.How about Detroit trades down to Tampa's spot, Tampa takes CJ. Detroit then trades with Arizona, and the Cards take Thomas. Then at #5, the Lions take Willis.

Or how about....

Or how about...

Or how about...

:confused:
:hophead: That's why I didn't get into it but merely hinted where I thought trades might go down.

I read earlier that Tampa is totally sold on Johnson and will trade a second rounder to move UP if they don't think they can get him at #4. Unless that's a smoke screen, I don't see them trading down. Detroit or Cleveland, yes.
I think that's reaction to Gruden's almost comical comments about the top prospects. He thinks they are all super heroes. If you think about that, it just as likely makes him a candidate to be very content to add a pick a day to drop down and still get a super hero.

16- Green Bay - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. Hall may well go higher than this, but only San Francisco, Buffalo, and maybe Pittsburgh have serious CB needs. I think the Pack may have taken Lynch had he fallen here, but instead they settle for filling their biggest need, secondary, with the best CB on the board. I gotta take a dump, I’ll be right back.
Green Bay homer, I don't have any issues with GB taking a CB in this spot and in fact like this pick; but I don't think they take Hall. Hall may be the most polished CB right now, his upside is less than Houston or Revis. Revis, a Junior who has been described as more of a press corner, would fit GB's scheme and give him a chance to learn from two of the best. Also, his punt return abilities factor in as well since Woodson, while reliable, never wowed in that area. Houston will remind Packer fans too much of Ahmad Carroll the last Arkansas corner (both size, agressiveness, etc). Also, other picks I don't love: Levi Brown to Miami (I think he's overrated and see him dropping to the late first), I wouldn't be surprised to see OT Staley go higher than Brown who I think will be more of a RT or OG in the pros. Also Ted Ginn Jr (another late first pick).

Besides that, I thought without trades you did a great job, one of the better mocks I've seen. This year is so hard to predict with the top.

I've never understood this sentiment.Just because one spot is out of whack to your personal senses it invalidates all remaining picks thereafter? That's unfair.
I agree.Also, some perspective is in order: 2 years ago we had BMW, Troy Williamson and Braylon Edwards ALL go in the top 10. How do the WR's this year grade out compared to those guys? I'd say guys like Ginn, Bowe, Meachum, Rice, Jarrett (although he has slipped as of late) aren't that much worse prospects than those 3 players were.I think come draft day it's entirely plausible that there are going to be some WR's going a lot earlier than most people are predicting right now.

Also, some perspective is in order: 2 years ago we had BMW, Troy Williamson and Braylon Edwards ALL go in the top 10. How do the WR's this year grade out compared to those guys? I'd say guys like Ginn, Bowe, Meachum, Jarrett, Rice (although he has slipped as of late) aren't that much worse prospects than those 3 players were.I think come draft day it's entirely plausible that there are going to be some WR's going a lot earlier than most people are predicting right now.
I personally think that BMW and Troy Williamson would be at the bottom of any list involving those recievers. Braylon's right in the mix, though.

16- Green Bay - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan. Hall may well go higher than this, but only San Francisco, Buffalo, and maybe Pittsburgh have serious CB needs. I think the Pack may have taken Lynch had he fallen here, but instead they settle for filling their biggest need, secondary, with the best CB on the board. I gotta take a dump, I’ll be right back.
Green Bay homer, I don't have any issues with GB taking a CB in this spot and in fact like this pick; but I don't think they take Hall. Hall may be the most polished CB right now, his upside is less than Houston or Revis. Revis, a Junior who has been described as more of a press corner, would fit GB's scheme and give him a chance to learn from two of the best. Also, his punt return abilities factor in as well since Woodson, while reliable, never wowed in that area. Houston will remind Packer fans too much of Ahmad Carroll the last Arkansas corner (both size, agressiveness, etc). Also, other picks I don't love: Levi Brown to Miami (I think he's overrated and see him dropping to the late first), I wouldn't be surprised to see OT Staley go higher than Brown who I think will be more of a RT or OG in the pros. Also Ted Ginn Jr (another late first pick).

Besides that, I thought without trades you did a great job, one of the better mocks I've seen. This year is so hard to predict with the top.
Thanks... and it's truly "beauty in the eye of the beholder" when it comes to some of these guys, particularly at the WR and CB spots this year. Seeing as no one's going to tip their hands when it comes to who they like, I tend to go with the consensus ranking when placing players of a certain position, just to reflect what is the most likely scenario. It doesn't necessarily reflect my view - with this mock I'm not offering what I think should happen, but trying to predict what most likely will happen.

30 - San Diego - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee. San Diego may have more pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball, meaning a guy like Meriwether or Beason could easily be the choice here, but they’ve need a top-notch receiver for so long that it seems difficult to imagine they’d pass up a guy like Meachem. With his size and speed, he has potential #1 WR written all over him, and to get a guy like that after a season in which you were minutes from the conference title game is an opportunity that doesn’t come around every day.
You're right. They have needed a top flight receiver for many, many years. I can't even remember the last attention grabbing WR that lined up for them (Anthony Miller?). That's why, year after year, mock draft experts predict the Chargers will pick a WR in the first round. The guy they predict is always expected to come in and start right away and be a huge upgrade over the receivers they have. So why don't they ever do it? And why would they do it this year if Vincent Jackson is the highest draft pick that the Chargers have expended on a WR in the A.J./Butler era? I can't even think of a significant free agent they have brought in at that position.

I think the Browns will take either Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson. I think the most likely pick here is Johnson, but only barely, and its because of the injury factor. The Browns have been devastated by injuries time and again, and the only knock I've seen on Peterson is that he might be injury-prone. He has suffered injuries way too often. But really that puts me 55%-45% leaning towards the Browns picking Johnson here.

For the record I don't advise putting EG72 on some sort of staff-like level at this site. The guy is a bad egg, regardless of what you think of the mock he did. You can always find knowledgeable people, but any guy that puts a personal attack in his sig for over a year is not the sort of guy you want to mix with.

I recommend removing his mock from nfldraftguys.

For the record I don't advise putting EG72 on some sort of staff-like level at this site. The guy is a bad egg, regardless of what you think of the mock he did. You can always find knowledgeable people, but any guy that puts a personal attack in his sig for over a year is not the sort of guy you want to mix with.I recommend removing his mock from nfldraftguys.
I agree 100% with this.....he has made a lot of attacks on other people in the past. I do think his mock is good.......nothing really different or out of the ordinary in this mock. I don't think Gin will go that high, and I don't think the Vikings would pick someone with a similar skill set to Williamson. Just my opinion.

:thumbup: always enjoy an EG72 mock.

I like that you justified the Ginn reach with the disclaimer that he needs to be healthy and work out for it to happen. Its true, if he runs a 4.3, he just might pop back up from his current late first round grade.

Agreed on the Landry/Atlanta marriage. Once again, this is why moving up from 10 to 8 is not trivial.

If I were a Bills fan and they passed on Willis for Lynch, I think i'd break my TV. No disrespect to Lynch, but Willis has to be VERY high on Buffalo's board.

I highly doubt Cincy passes up filling one of many needs on D to take a TE, but as a fellow Steeler diehard, I wouldnt mind seeing it happen.
:goodposting:

For the record I don't advise putting EG72 on some sort of staff-like level at this site. The guy is a bad egg, regardless of what you think of the mock he did. You can always find knowledgeable people, but any guy that puts a personal attack in his sig for over a year is not the sort of guy you want to mix with.I recommend removing his mock from nfldraftguys.
:thumbdown: Dont kid yourself.

how is his sig a "personal attack" -- it's just a bunch of direct quotes made by you. you said cowher would never win anything and he did. :ptts:

:thumbup: always enjoy an EG72 mock.If I were a Bills fan and they passed on Willis for Lynch, I think i'd break my TV. No disrespect to Lynch, but Willis has to be VERY high on Buffalo's board.
No way do the Bills take Lynch over Willis.Lynch may be a good back, but he is not special. Bills will draft a RB in 3rd round and use a RBBC with Atrain and another vet-like Chris Brown.They have a gaping hole at the most important position in the cover-2 -MLB. Jauron will view Willis as his Urlacher. Willis could be special. Marv has dealt with every position except MLB.They need Willis so bad they will trade up to Houston at #10 to be sure SF doesn't steal him.
Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't be shocked to see Marv swap with the Vikes at #7. And then everyone in America can bash Marv for reaching again for a player he covets.Of course, if we deal our 2nd and late 3rd to San Diego for Turner, then I think Willis is a lock for Buffalo, as long as there is enough ammo left to trade up.

Users who are viewing this thread