What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel/Draftkings Week 16 (1 Viewer)

Sorry for the ignorance but what is GPP stand for? Fairly new to Fanduel, this past weekend was my best week as I pulled in 34.50 on 7 dollars. Played in a 5 team and a 20 team league. What is the best ones to play? My current lineup as of right now.

• M. Sanchez
    PHI@WAS
    $7,500
  • 6733.png

RB
    J. Stewart
    CLE@CAR
    $6,200
  • 27553.png

RB
    J. Randle
    IND@DAL
    $4,900
  • 14190.png

WR
    J. Jones
    ATL@NO
    $8,700
  • 7283.png

WR
    J. Maclin
    PHI@WAS
    $8,000
  • 27457.png

WR
    K. Stills
    ATL@NO
    $6,100
  • 11460.png

TE
    R. Gronkowski
    NE@NYJ
    $7,800
  • 6897.png

K
    M. Crosby
    GB@TB
    $4,900
  • 12555.png

D
    Ravens
    BAL@HOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Thu-Sat and Sat only plays look awful. Probably go lean on those. If I have to roll with something like this it just may not be worth it:

Mark Sanchez 7500LeSean McCoy 8100Toby Gerhart 4700Jeremy Maclin 8000Anquan Boldin 6700DeSean Jackson 6900Antonio Gates 6000Cody Parkey 5200San Francisco 4700
I'm playing around with lineups and coming up with thousands of extra dollars left over. :o

Thu-Sat and Sat only plays look awful. Probably go lean on those. If I have to roll with something like this it just may not be worth it:

Mark Sanchez 7500LeSean McCoy 8100Toby Gerhart 4700Jeremy Maclin 8000Anquan Boldin 6700DeSean Jackson 6900Antonio Gates 6000Cody Parkey 5200San Francisco 4700
I'm playing around with lineups and coming up with thousands of extra dollars left over. :o
Just to few good options available Im going to pass on the Thu-Sat and Sat only contests unless there are significant overlays.

GPP = Guaranteed prize pool. Typically used to discuss larger tournaments.
Thank youDidn't do to well with those durning the year
I haven't done very well on them either, but even if you're a great player there will be a lot of variance due to the number of entries. It's similar to poker tournaments in that aspect. You need a much larger bankroll if you want to play a lot of them at it takes a much larger sample size to figure out your roi.

It also took me forever to figure it what GPP meant, for the longest time I assumed it had something to with draft kings or another DFS site (I only play on fd).

Dolphins seems to be my favorite players this week. Landry and Miller mostly with some Tannehill and Wallace sprinkled in. Olsen seems like a no-brainer, but TE is always a crapshoot. I like Dwayne Allen a bit too.

snogger said:
Wasn't happy with my Sunday-Monday results so yesterday put together a $2 gpp Monday-Thursday what the heck lineup..

No idea what my chances are to get in the money, but still 3 players to go...

Drew Brees

Matt Forte

Toby Gerhart

Alshon Jeffery

Marqise Lee

Kenny Stills

Jimmy Graham

Shayne Graham

Jacksonville Jaguars

Currently 2,586th ... 30 points behind the #1 spot, need to place 950th or above to get in the money..

Probably the only time this year I'll say it but.. Come on Jaguars!!!!!

:popcorn:
I'm currently in 302nd place with Scobee and the Jags D left. Hoping for a Thursday night clunker!
Im sitting at 2794, 41 points back, with Gerhart, Washington and the Jags def yet to play.

The first step is admitting you have a problem :bag:

The good news, you just won a big GPP in the Thurs-Sat contest!! The bad news, you have to split the prize money with 724 other players.

I'm finding myself drawn to more expensive QBs this week, which is unusual for me. While bunch of "meh" going on in the reasonably affordable bin this week.

Lot's of value at RB this week. Hopefully it will allow me to find some good opportunities elsewhere.

I think I'm going to shy away from OBJ this week. Eli should be under a lot of pressure in StL and my struggle... plus he's got to come back to earth after monster games in 3 of his last 4, no?

I think I'm going to shy away from OBJ this week. Eli should be under a lot of pressure in StL and my struggle... plus he's got to come back to earth after monster games in 3 of his last 4, no?
This is all 100% true, and ordinarily I would be fading his completely for these reasons. But ODB has the perfect confluence of factors that might make him the strongest WR play this week and next. Consider those things that make a WR a strong play:

Incredibly talented? Check

Largely uncoverable? Check

Bad rushing offense? Check

Bad defense? Check

No other legitimate receiving threat on team? Check

QB who's willing to target him and throw into triple coverage to get him the ball? Check

I'm not saying I've decided to roster him w/ impunity again this week, just that there are a lot of reasons to like him. In all honesty, I can't recall a WR having literally every possible factor in his favor like that. Even Eli, ordinarily a negative this year, is kind of a positive for him.

This is all 100% true, and ordinarily I would be fading his completely for these reasons. But ODB has the perfect confluence of factors that might make him the strongest WR play this week and next. Consider those things that make a WR a strong play:

Bad defense? Check

QB who's willing to target him and throw into triple coverage to get him the ball? Check

I'm not saying I've decided to roster him w/ impunity again this week, just that there are a lot of reasons to like him. In all honesty, I can't recall a WR having literally every possible factor in his favor like that. Even Eli, ordinarily a negative this year, is kind of a positive for him.
In my column, I've recommended ODB as a cash game play for four consecutive weeks--he met value each of those weeks, but I'm considering leaving him out this week for one reason: his salary.

At $9K on both major sites, he now needs 18 (FanDuel) and/or 22.5 (DraftKings) points to reach value. I'm not saying he cannot do it, but the Giants are only slated to score 19 points this week (Vegas Value Chart should go live any minute now)...with his salary and the Giants' projected team total, it will be difficult for him to reach value for DFS cash games, IMO.

He's still a GPP play, but I think this might be the week to get off the ODB train for your cash games.

Bad defense? Check

In my column, I've recommended ODB as a cash game play for four consecutive weeks--he met value each of those weeks, but I'm considering leaving him out this week for one reason: his salary.

At $9K on both major sites, he now needs 18 (FanDuel) and/or 22.5 (DraftKings) points to reach value. I'm not saying he cannot do it, but the Giants are only slated to score 19 points this week (Vegas Value Chart should go live any minute now)...with his salary and the Giants' projected team total, it will be difficult for him to reach value for DFS cash games, IMO.

He's still a GPP play, but I think this might be the week to get off the ODB train for your cash games.
:goodposting:

I think if you're going to pay up, do it for a WR with a good QB vs a below avg defense like Calvin, ABrown or Jordy...

Bad defense? Check

:goodposting:

I think if you're going to pay up, do it for a WR with a good QB vs a below avg defense like Calvin, ABrown or Jordy...
Was coming to post these exact same guys. For 200 more the ODB you can have Megatron vs the Chi defense. A lot of options at a slightly lower price point. Brown and Jordy (as you mentioned) have good matchups at first glance. I also like both Hilton and Dez in the Ind @ Dal matchup in what could be a shootout.

donkey said:
Keerock said:
John Lee said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Keerock said:
This is all 100% true, and ordinarily I would be fading his completely for these reasons. But ODB has the perfect confluence of factors that might make him the strongest WR play this week and next. Consider those things that make a WR a strong play:Incredibly talented? Check

Bad defense? Check

:goodposting: I think if you're going to pay up, do it for a WR with a good QB vs a below avg defense like Calvin, ABrown or Jordy...
Was coming to post these exact same guys. For 200 more the ODB you can have Megatron vs the Chi defense. A lot of options at a slightly lower price point. Brown and Jordy (as you mentioned) have good matchups at first glance. I also like both Hilton and Dez in the Ind @ Dal matchup in what could be a shootout.
Again, all absolutely valid points. But let me just continue playing devil's advocate. Manning has attempted 76 passes the last 2 weeks -- 30 of the to ODB. Last week alone 15 of 34 were to ODB. If he gets targeted 15 times he's a mortal lock for 18+. Also, can NYG even score 19 if ODB doesn't get into the end zone at least once?

donkey said:
Keerock said:
John Lee said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Keerock said:
This is all 100% true, and ordinarily I would be fading his completely for these reasons. But ODB has the perfect confluence of factors that might make him the strongest WR play this week and next. Consider those things that make a WR a strong play:Incredibly talented? Check

Bad defense? Check

:goodposting: I think if you're going to pay up, do it for a WR with a good QB vs a below avg defense like Calvin, ABrown or Jordy...
Again, all absolutely valid points. But let me just continue playing devil's advocate. Manning has attempted 76 passes the last 2 weeks -- 30 of the to ODB. Last week alone 15 of 34 were to ODB. If he gets targeted 15 times he's a mortal lock for 18+. Also, can NYG even score 19 if ODB doesn't get into the end zone at least once?
The Giants have played possibly the worst 2 pass defenses in the league the last two weeks...

ETA: This week they get a top 5 pass defense (StL)

Does Henne have a historical affinity for a particular receiver? I expect he has a go-to guy but i don't know who it is.

Saw this nugget below on twitter. For thurs-sat matchups, it might be JAX D, and all PHI/WAS players. I expect RG3 to ball this week. Throw caution to the wind. He may not even be with the Skins next year, no better way to show what you're worth than with two + matchups (PHI/DAL)

Eagles-Redskins first meeting was 37-34. Total of six pass TDs

donkey said:
Keerock said:
John Lee said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
Keerock said:

Bad defense? Check

The Giants have played possibly the worst 2 pass defenses in the league the last two weeks...

ETA: This week they get a top 5 pass defense (StL)
By what metric? For the season the Titans and Skins are 17th and 18th in yards allowed. STL is 10th. Regardless I get the point: STL is better than the Titans and Skins. Valid point. But should we even care tho?Again, I'm not saying I am rostering ODB for sure, only that a crazy talented guy getting targeted out the wazoo by a QB who doesn't care about throwing into triple coverage at this point in the season is someone you have to consider. Do we think the NYG are going to run it 30+ times this week? Is Manning going to suddenly start focusing on getting Randle the ball again? Is Randle going to suddenly start catching it if Manning does? At some point it just becomes a numbers game. If we think a Manning throws 30 passes, won't 12+ go to ODB? If the curve continues along the same path, he'll actually see 16 of those. The Giants have no passing attack unless they're throwing it to ODB.

He's the highest projected WR by MT and Dodds for a reason, no?

Anyone considering rolling out both Randle and Dunbar at rb? You would have tons of $$ to load up elsewhere and most likely get a decent return on the little $ you parted with for them.

Anyone considering rolling out both Randle and Dunbar at rb? You would have tons of $$ to load up elsewhere and most likely get a decent return on the little $ you parted with for them.
That seems real risky with lineups locking before the early games and Dallas playing late on Sunday. I'm guessing the Cowboys are gonna push Murray's status right till the very end before making a decision.

That seems real risky with lineups locking before the early games and Dallas playing late on Sunday. I'm guessing the Cowboys are gonna push Murray's status right till the very end before making a decision.
True.

I'd have to make sure either A. Murray was ruled out before the early games or B. I had plan B in the late games. DK's lineups don't lock at 1:00 for the late games so that's not an issue for me.

For a gpp throwaway? hhhrrmmmmm

Code:
QB 	Matthew Stafford 8200RB 	Lance Dunbar  	 4500RB 	Joseph Randle 	 4900WR 	Calvin Johnson 	 9200WR 	Odell Beckham Jr 9000WR 	Kenny Stills     6100TE 	Rob Gronkowski 	 7800K 	Shayne Graham 	 4700D 	Buffalo Bills    5100

All valid points GBTATO...
Stepping away from my self-proclaimed devil's advocate position, however, $9000 is a frigging big salary.

I'm actually leaning more towards Hilton for many of the same reasons -- no running game, bad defense, no other real WR options, QB who will target him often if need be. TY just isn't the freak ODB is, and his QB hasn't reached that F-it point where he's given up on every other receiver on the team. Eli couldn't have been any more clear in the 2nd half last week -- "the rest of you suck, ODB is my guy".

Stepping away from my self-proclaimed devil's advocate position, however, $9000 is a frigging big salary.

I'm actually leaning more towards Hilton for many of the same reasons -- no running game, bad defense, no other real WR options, QB who will target him often if need be. TY just isn't the freak ODB is, and his QB hasn't reached that F-it point where he's given up on every other receiver on the team. Eli couldn't have been any more clear in the 2nd half last week -- "the rest of you suck, ODB is my guy".
Plus TY has a hammy...

QB Matthew Stafford 8200RB Lance Dunbar 4500RB Joseph Randle 4900WR Calvin Johnson 9200WR Odell Beckham Jr 9000WR Kenny Stills 6100TE Rob Gronkowski 7800K Shayne Graham 4700D Buffalo Bills 5100
Switch out Dunbar for Gerhard and I like it!

Stepping away from my self-proclaimed devil's advocate position, however, $9000 is a frigging big salary.I'm actually leaning more towards Hilton for many of the same reasons -- no running game, bad defense, no other real WR options, QB who will target him often if need be. TY just isn't the freak ODB is, and his QB hasn't reached that F-it point where he's given up on every other receiver on the team. Eli couldn't have been any more clear in the 2nd half last week -- "the rest of you suck, ODB is my guy".
Plus TY has a hammy...
Yeah, I think he goes, but obviously his health will dictate everything. Without him I think Dallas rolls Indy.

QB Matthew Stafford 8200RB Lance Dunbar 4500RB Joseph Randle 4900WR Calvin Johnson 9200WR Odell Beckham Jr 9000WR Kenny Stills 6100TE Rob Gronkowski 7800K Shayne Graham 4700D Buffalo Bills 5100
Switch out Dunbar for Gerhard and I like it!
QB Matthew Stafford 8200RB Toby Gerhart 4700RB Joseph Randle 4900WR Calvin Johnson 9200WR Odell Beckham Jr 9000WR A.J. Green 8600TE Travis Kelce 5600K Shayne Graham 4700D Buffalo Bills 5100 :o

early GPP

QB Case Keenum
RB C.J. Anderson
RB Joique Bell
WR A.J. Green
WR Dez Bryant
WR Jarvis Landry
TE Travis Kelce
K Mason Crosby
D Detroit Lions

What do you think about Stafford this week? Is he too risky? He is on the road at Chicago. But the Bears seem to have really packed it in for the season and just flat out given up. Was glancing at his numbers and he seems to be a lock for close to 300 and 2 Td's on weeks when he plays a poor Dfense.

Are their better options that are cheaper? I feel like Sanchez, even though not playing great, should be good for at least 300 and 2 Td's as well?

I usually start putting my cash lineups together around a few QBs I think I'll use. This week Sanchez, Bortles, Ben and Stafford look good to me early...
Feel like I might go back to the well on Manziel... his price went down to 6600. He can't be as bad as last weekend, right? Now cheaper than Anderson and Griffin at 6900, Sanchez still at 7500.
I like his price but he did nothing to inspire any confidence last week. He might have a better matchup this week but Cleveland's offense is just not good.

Anyone on to Witten this week? Can't really see a run-heavy gameplan for Dallas, even if Murray plays he won't be targeted in the passing game like normal, Dez might see some of Vontae....he's only $5300 on FD, 11th most expensive TE. Just can't figure out if this is more of a cash game or GPP play.

Anyone on to Witten this week? Can't really see a run-heavy gameplan for Dallas, even if Murray plays he won't be targeted in the passing game like normal, Dez might see some of Vontae....he's only $5300 on FD, 11th most expensive TE. Just can't figure out if this is more of a cash game or GPP play.
IMO... except for Gronk and maybe Olsen, TEs are a complete crapshoot, so I usually go low. I like Witten for that reason, but I'll likely use Cook, Reed, and Ebron because they are cheaper.

For any contests that include Saturday games, I'm pretty much all in on Malcom Floyd @5400 with Allen out.

What do you think about Stafford this week? Is he too risky? He is on the road at Chicago. But the Bears seem to have really packed it in for the season and just flat out given up. Was glancing at his numbers and he seems to be a lock for close to 300 and 2 Td's on weeks when he plays a poor Dfense.

Are their better options that are cheaper? I feel like Sanchez, even though not playing great, should be good for at least 300 and 2 Td's as well?
I'm looking real hard at Kaep right now. He seems awfully low at 6700. He's at home vs SD. Avg of Dodd/Tremblay projections has him at 2.5 multiple. Seems like a lock to hit 2x value and a decent chance to hit 3x leaving room in salary cap at other positions.

Users who are viewing this thread