What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favre will play this year! (1 Viewer)

QBs the Vikes could trade for...

Kyle Orton: He's a lame duck in Denver now

Marc Bulger: QB3 in Baltimore

Jake Delhomme: Cleveland is going nowhere

Jon Kitna: Dallas would never do it though and they are looking at how nice it has to have a quality back up.

Chad Pennington

Michael Vick

Bruce Gradkowski

But the one I think would actually make some sense is Matt Hasselbeck...think about it. Seattle is going nowhere this season and there are at least 2-3 "franchise" types coming out of college next season perhaps even more. Hass has had soem issues but he can still manage a game and make throws. He is used to a Brett Favre type offense and I'm thinking Seattle might do this. If I were the Seattle owner I would ask my GM to do this and see what WHitehurst has got. If they go 2-14 they can take a QB in the draft next year and start building for the future. Have Whitehurst play another year until they groom the rookie.

I am pretty sure when Favre decides Childress will be the first call he makes, not the last.

This is what Airport Express service buys you as the coach and I think Favre has enough class to make that call.

I'd say Bulger is QB2 (not QB3) in Baltimore.

Minny should have signed him when they had the chance. Would have been a good fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
RT @LOWANDLAZY: @Jay_Glazer In your opinon, is Favre coming back? Are you tired of this question being asked every year?>Yes and yes :lmao:

Glazer must be a betting man because he is hedging that bet nicely!

Steve Mariucci attempts to slow down Favre retirement talk

A long day of Brett Favre drama has reached the only logical conclusion: Steve Mariucci.

Speaking on NFL Network after communicating with Favre, Mooch said that Favre's indecision centers around his ankle, his conditioning, and nothing more.

"I think it's a foregone conclusion that he loves the game and he would play if he could, until he's 50," Mariucci said. "Right now, he told me, I'm trying to get my body healthy."

(If his body is the only concern, Favre won't take any more money to return.)

Favre did text some teammates that he was done -- Visanthe Shiancoe confirmed it. But we also know Favre can get a little dramatic and Mariucci stressed the situation is fluid. Which only means Favre stressed to Mariucci he didn't want to close any doors.

"He may have mentioned to somebody that he's leaning [towards retirement], because his ankle is not perfect," Mariucci said. "But right now, he hasn't retired. He's still trying to get healthy. He doesn't know if he's going to be able to be healthy in time."

So basically Favre is just building up the drama. Asked for a prediction, Mariucci said the only sane thing possible.

"I don't know. I don't think he knows for sure right now. I think he has some concerns about his ankle."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...etirement-talk/

I think the Vikings trading for a QB is silly and futile at this point.

That is why they brought in Sage. Now, I am not a TJ believer, but Sage should be fine in that offense. Shame about the O-Line but he should be fine.

I think the Vikings trading for a QB is silly and futile at this point.That is why they brought in Sage. Now, I am not a TJ believer, but Sage should be fine in that offense. Shame about the O-Line but he should be fine.
Sage has been throwing picks left and right in practice. Right now TJack is the man if Favre can't go. Supposedly they still believe in him (even if their actions suggest otherwise). But I agree, I think they'd roll with the QBs they have at this point.

I know it's to be expected and isn't unusual for the yearly spectacle he creates, but I feel like today's sports coverage of Favre's retirement was pretty weird. All of the players, apart from Shaincoe, appeared to be on the same page saying that he texted but never told anyone he'd made a decision. Mooch and Longwell's stories seem to stick out.

I think the Vikings trading for a QB is silly and futile at this point.That is why they brought in Sage. Now, I am not a TJ believer, but Sage should be fine in that offense. Shame about the O-Line but he should be fine.
if favre comes back sage is getting cut, that tells you how good he has been playing

I know it's to be expected and isn't unusual for the yearly spectacle he creates, but I feel like today's sports coverage of Favre's retirement was pretty weird. All of the players, apart from Shaincoe, appeared to be on the same page saying that he texted but never told anyone he'd made a decision. Mooch and Longwell's stories seem to stick out.
:confused:

if favre comes back sage is getting cut, that tells you how good he has been playing
Yeah, I know that. But I still believe in someone with the name "sage".

You would think Brett Favre clubbed some peoples' pet seals from the vitriol. It's kind of sad, really.
Jealousy is nothing short of ugly.Farve has never been on a team I liked and I have nothing but respect for the guy. For those that can't stand him, one day you'll miss him and realize he made the NFL a better sport. When I'm 60 years old and talking to my grandchildren about some of the great NFL players I've seen in my time, Brett Farve will be somewhere on the top of that list. A true warrior, played the game the way it was supposed to be played. I thank him for the time he gave us. I believe he has records that will NEVER be broken.
All true. On top of that, he's a HUUUUUUUGE drama queen.

:shrug:
:no:It still amazes me that people buy into this aw shucks, good ol' boy stuff. Favre, after all this time, knows full well what he says will make the media. Regardless of who he says it to. So let's not get carried away blaming the media. Favre knows exactly what he's doing.

:thumbup:
:homer:It still amazes me that people buy into this aw shucks, good ol' boy stuff. Favre, after all this time, knows full well what he says will make the media. Regardless of who he says it to. So let's not get carried away blaming the media. Favre knows exactly what he's doing.
Favre didn't make Merrill Hoge eulogize a still living person. The guy was speaking like he was ready to break down over Favre's retirement. I have no doubt that Favre is probably leaning toward retirement. I don't know how much of this is on Favre, they hadn't had confirmation. Glazer said he sat on his info for 12 hours (like what, eight of which was overnight while dudes are sleeping and can't comment anyway?) Media rushes stuff pretty quick. I would agree with you if it weren't for how tersely Rice and Berrian were handling this in their comments on Twitter. Odds are he's gonna retire, I felt that way before he signed up with the Vikes last year, that 09 was gonna be his last hurrah and his body would quit. But if he's questioning his ankle and still has the desire to play... there's no need to rush this story opening of camp weekend (and interrupt the Haynesworth Conditioning Watch, no less). It has to play out before the beginning of the season, anyway.

Jay Glazer:Favre has told teammates he will NOT play this season, citing wear and tear on his body. Team is hoping he will change his mind
Isn't that really what this is all about? He needs some public begging.
This is beyond old. Favre isn't thee on dramatizing this.
Someone else sent those texts to his teammates?
So, do you have an actual copy of the text? And do you have a copy of whatever texts preceded it from the receiver? On the radio this afternoon, I heard that Favre texted something like "I'm not sure if it's gonna happen." First off, that is not definitive. Secondly, it sounds like that could have been in response to a VM or a text from that person or maybe from other teammates.Are you certain that what Favre has said or texted is being portrayed accurately, without being taken out of context?A lot of people in this thread seem to be sure.

David Dodds said:
I don't generally agree with PFT on matters of news, but I think they are 100% correct here. The press conference will likely talk about Brett's charity or some golf tournament. "This is It" tweet will somehow be spun to say I think we have the Super Bowl team here. The presser will undoubtedly tell everyone rehab has been soooooo hard and the ankle's not responding. That's he's trying his hardest. That he WANTS to be in training camp. That he has spent his lifetime to be in this situation to take this great team to it's rightful place in history.But I am old. I don't know if I can get there. He will mention the ankle a bunch more times. There will be some truth to all of this of course, but I think this also is because Favre wants to stay in the news and he wants a convenient excuse should he start throwing massive interceptions again. He does not want to go out as the benched guy that overstayed his welcome. I think he fears that more than anything else right now.` cue 4 days before the New Orleans opener and the Great One announces...I am going to do my best everyone. I will play with a crutch if I have to. I love the game too much to quit it on someone elses terms. I thank all the fans that have believed in me and continue to believe in me. ...."This is It!" he shouts to the media taking every ounce in.and the New Orleans / Minnesota game opens to HUGE ratings.I will believe Tavaris Jackson is the starter AFTER he starts week 1 of the season. Favre doesn't want to just fade away. He wants to be the story. Minnesota plays the opener against the defending champions...a team that Minnesota played tough in the playoffs (and should have won had they not had 4 turnovers in the redzone).No way this story ends today. It's just getting going people.
And, basically, IMO if that's the way it goes it is fine. Everyone is used to it and rolling with it at this point except the media. In the big picture, it doesn't matter until and unless he actually retires and doesn't come back. Bottom line is he is a gamer and if he can be out there week 1, I expect he will be. And as a fan (NFL, Chargers, and Favre fan, not Vikings fan), I hope he is.

We've all seen this act several times before so I'd have to wait and see for myself before I'd ever believe it. He knows he's too ancient to play a full season plus the playoffs so he's going to play around and come back at the latest moment he can. If coming back a couple weeks before the season doesn't work then he'll just miss the first month this time.

:tinfoilhat:
:lmao:It still amazes me that people buy into this aw shucks, good ol' boy stuff. Favre, after all this time, knows full well what he says will make the media. Regardless of who he says it to. So let's not get carried away blaming the media. Favre knows exactly what he's doing.
Whats your point?

Jay Glazer:Favre has told teammates he will NOT play this season, citing wear and tear on his body. Team is hoping he will change his mind
Isn't that really what this is all about? He needs some public begging.
This is beyond old. Favre isn't thee on dramatizing this.
Someone else sent those texts to his teammates?
So now when he's having a bad day he's not alowed to tell his friends?"but he knows what the media will say" Who ####### cares, it doesn't seem to be bothering him what the media says.. Why would he not talk to his friends? What are you suggesting? He shouldn't? That it's some elaborate and well thought out ploy for attention?...

:tinfoilhat:
:lmao:It still amazes me that people buy into this aw shucks, good ol' boy stuff. Favre, after all this time, knows full well what he says will make the media. Regardless of who he says it to. So let's not get carried away blaming the media. Favre knows exactly what he's doing.
Whats your point?
That its not all the media.While they jump at everything and anything...Favre does little to nothing to stop it and may actually feed it even more.

I know Favre has some excellent characteristics as a QB, and I'm not saying he's not better than their other current options. But the simple fact is Favre has now ended three seasons for three different (good to great) teams by throwing AWFUL interceptions. I'm sure lots of folks would be willing to jump in and defend all of those plays, but it sure seems to me that when it really matters in the late regular season and post-season, he's not really been that extraordinary for a while.Is it REALLY that big a deal (from a team perspective) that he's not coming back? Sure, you have a better shot at getting to the playoffs with Favre at the helm, but what's he gonna do when he gets there? It almost seems like he is DESPERATE to go out in a blaze of personal glory, whether or not that's in the team's best interests at the time.
Do you really think those teams get to the same point that he threw those interceptions without him? The interceptions were bad, no doubt. But IMO no way those teams get there without him (I mean, I'm assuming "without him" doesn't mean they get Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, etc.). I am a Favre fan, and those interceptions have been extremely disappointing. Especially the one to end his Green Bay career. But those teams would not have achieved as much without him IMO.

Vikings K Ryan Longwell -- one of Brett Favre's best longtime pals -- revealed that he spoke to Favre on Tuesday and retirement talk never came up.

"I talked with Brett and haven't heard that," said Longwell. "He didn't tell me that. I don't know where the reports came from, but he certainly hasn't said that to me." Added Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network on Tuesday afternoon: "I still do not believe Brett Favre has thrown his last NFL pass."

http://wcco.com/sports/brett.favre.retiring.2.1840463.html
I won't believe that til Favre is under 6 feet of dirt, and even then I would be on the lookout for a Zombie-Favre comeback.K so I've missed about four hours of coverage and am now thoroughly confused:

Childress said Favre did not tell him he was retiring

Vikings players said same

Favre has not announced his retirement

Is there actually anything to this story? If so, Joe Webb anyone?
Apparently a reporter saw a text from Favre to a unnamed player that said "This is it". The second I read what the report was based on I tuned out.
:tinfoilhat: Exactly.

And here I thought there was a forum rule against being reasonable when discussing Fave.

Now stop that, it might catch on. :tinfoilhat:

:goodposting:
:no:It still amazes me that people buy into this aw shucks, good ol' boy stuff. Favre, after all this time, knows full well what he says will make the media. Regardless of who he says it to. So let's not get carried away blaming the media. Favre knows exactly what he's doing.
Whats your point?
That its not all the media.While they jump at everything and anything...Favre does little to nothing to stop it and may actually feed it even more.
And why should he? Doesn't seem to be bothering him... Live your life the way you want to and make adjustments when needed... Why does he need to change his ways here.. Is there some inherent danger? For some reason, people hear to much about a guy and instead of turning off the tube, they turn on the guy... We are the reason he's here, the reason the media tells the story, and the reason it plays on... If the story didn't sell, it wouldn't be there.. Brett Farve is an amassing talent and he shouldn't have to hide his thoughts and feelings if he doesn't want too... maybe you'd say, "well we're tired of hearing about it" apparently not, since the story is still selling and we're still here talking about it.

Won't it be nice when the day comes we don't have to talk about this anymore? It sure is old. I'm sick of Brett Favre.
Johnny, is Farve really to blame? We know this is how it's going to go down every year, we all do, media included yet they lap it up like tired old dogs. What's Farve really doing? Is he calling the media and saying he's going to retire, then call them back and say he's not over and over?With twitter, 4 espn's, nfl network, blog's and forums all over the place, we're maniacs for the latest second of any information, true or false. We're all to blame. Everyone needs to just sit back and wait instead of everyday asking themselves if Farve is going to retire. If the Vikings can do it, why can't everyone else.
Or just listen to me and realize that Favre will retire when he beleives his records are out of Manning's reach.
I assume this is tongue in cheek, but just wanted to add that if the Vikings had won the Super Bowl last season, I think he would have retired. If they win it this season (with him), I think he will retire. If they don't win it this season (with him), jury's out...

QBs the Vikes could trade for...Kyle Orton: He's a lame duck in Denver nowMarc Bulger: QB3 in BaltimoreJake Delhomme: Cleveland is going nowhereJon Kitna: Dallas would never do it though and they are looking at how nice it has to have a quality back up.Chad PenningtonMichael VickBruce GradkowskiBut the one I think would actually make some sense is Matt Hasselbeck...think about it. Seattle is going nowhere this season and there are at least 2-3 "franchise" types coming out of college next season perhaps even more. Hass has had soem issues but he can still manage a game and make throws. He is used to a Brett Favre type offense and I'm thinking Seattle might do this. If I were the Seattle owner I would ask my GM to do this and see what WHitehurst has got. If they go 2-14 they can take a QB in the draft next year and start building for the future. Have Whitehurst play another year until they groom the rookie.
Chad Pennington or Tyler Thigpen from Miami.

And why should he? Doesn't seem to be bothering him... Live your life the way you want to and make adjustments when needed... Why does he need to change his ways here.. Is there some inherent danger? For some reason, people hear to much about a guy and instead of turning off the tube, they turn on the guy... We are the reason he's here, the reason the media tells the story, and the reason it plays on... If the story didn't sell, it wouldn't be there.. Brett Farve is an amassing talent and he shouldn't have to hide his thoughts and feelings if he doesn't want too... maybe you'd say, "well we're tired of hearing about it" apparently not, since the story is still selling and we're still here talking about it.
Change his ways?What about texting Mort to put an end to a day of speculation that is very likely annoying his teammates and coach for having to answer questions about him rather than the practices they are going though is such a big change of his ways?Im not turning on him here, just saying that its not all just the media and the reason for some of the animosity here is that he appears to feed the frenzy when he could put it all to rest easily.Where did I say hide any feelings?How is a text to say he is not sure yet and has not made a decision hiding any feelings?Seems its getting the true feelings out there.

Change his ways?What about texting Mort to put an end to a day of speculation that is very likely annoying his teammates and coach for having to answer questions about him rather than the practices they are going though is such a big change of his ways?

Im not turning on him here, just saying that its not all just the media and the reason for some of the animosity here is that he appears to feed the frenzy when he could put it all to rest easily.

Where did I say hide any feelings?

How is a text to say he is not sure yet and has not made a decision hiding any feelings?

Seems its getting the true feelings out there.
Isn't it obvious that he has already said he isn't sure... He doesn't know if he's going to play, and as long as the team he'd play for is willing to wait it out, what is he doing wrong?

Change his ways?What about texting Mort to put an end to a day of speculation that is very likely annoying his teammates and coach for having to answer questions about him rather than the practices they are going though is such a big change of his ways?

Im not turning on him here, just saying that its not all just the media and the reason for some of the animosity here is that he appears to feed the frenzy when he could put it all to rest easily.

How is a text to say he is not sure yet and has not made a decision hiding any feelings?

Isn't it obvious that he has already said he isn't sure... He doesn't know if he's going to play, and as long as the team he'd play for is willing to wait it out, what is he doing wrong?
He has today?Today, what did he do wrong? Not sure...not sure the source of the leak...if he decided upon this route on his own to get people talking.

Not sure...but I don't see its a big change of his ways to put out the fire instead of letting this speculation go on all day long and make your coach and teammates answer Favre questions all day long.

He has today?Today, what did he do wrong? Not sure...not sure the source of the leak...if he decided upon this route on his own to get people talking.

Not sure...but I don't see its a big change of his ways to put out the fire instead of letting this speculation go on all day long and make your coach and teammates answer Favre questions all day long.
Has what today? I don't know what he's done today, and neithewr do you. As far as I know there is little to no status change. Does he have to do something today? What does he have to do, and why?

He has said he's not sure he's coming back so if he doesn't know yet, how can he end the speculation?

The leak, being the text? Is he now not allowed to text his friends for fear the media will find out? Why should he care?

Farve doesn't make his team mates field "Farve questions" the media is asking the questions and his team mates don't have to answer if they so choose...

He has said he isn't sure if he'll play... What else do you want from him?

Explain how you'd like for him to conduct himself differently...

- tell the team whether or not he's going to play? He doesn't know yet, how can he tell them something he doesn't know?

(Rotoworld) Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports the Vikings have offered Brett Favre a raise that would increase his 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million.

Analysis: Incentives could reportedly push the salary even higher. Zulgad has been on top of the Favre story from the get-go, and went on NFL Network Tuesday to strongly caution that Favre's mind isn't necessarily made up. It's unclear if money is one of the main sticking points in Favre's decision, but there have been plenty of rumors it is. Favre played last season for $12 million.

Has what today? I don't know what he's done today, and neithewr do you. As far as I know there is little to no status change. Does he have to do something today? What does he have to do, and why?He has said he's not sure he's coming back so if he doesn't know yet, how can he end the speculation?The leak, being the text? Is he now not allowed to text his friends for fear the media will find out? Why should he care?Farve doesn't make his team mates field "Farve questions" the media is asking the questions and his team mates don't have to answer if they so choose...He has said he isn't sure if he'll play... What else do you want from him?Explain how you'd like for him to conduct himself differently...- tell the team whether or not he's going to play? He doesn't know yet, how can he tell them something he doesn't know?
Have to?Nothing...but when word got out that he supposedly texted teammates...and Shiancoe was talking about it, and it made its way to ESPN and every other network that he had told the Vikings he was not coming back....I think a quick text to Mort is not too much to ask.Text them he is not coming back, with no official word, now claims he has no idea what it was about (through longwell)?And I think I have explained quite clearly how Id like him to conduct himself differently today. By lunch when everything was going a bit out there, why not a text to mort or anyone to say, I have not decided, the rumors of me telling the Vikings I am not coming back are not true. I have yet to make a decision.Or are you just so quick to defend him you missed where I have said that pretty clear a few times now that all he had to do was text mort?

Has what today? I don't know what he's done today, and neithewr do you. As far as I know there is little to no status change. Does he have to do something today? What does he have to do, and why?He has said he's not sure he's coming back so if he doesn't know yet, how can he end the speculation?The leak, being the text? Is he now not allowed to text his friends for fear the media will find out? Why should he care?Farve doesn't make his team mates field "Farve questions" the media is asking the questions and his team mates don't have to answer if they so choose...He has said he isn't sure if he'll play... What else do you want from him?Explain how you'd like for him to conduct himself differently...- tell the team whether or not he's going to play? He doesn't know yet, how can he tell them something he doesn't know?
Have to?Nothing...but when word got out that he supposedly texted teammates...and Shiancoe was talking about it, and it made its way to ESPN and every other network that he had told the Vikings he was not coming back....I think a quick text to Mort is not too much to ask.Text them he is not coming back, with no official word, now claims he has no idea what it was about (through longwell)?And I think I have explained quite clearly how Id like him to conduct himself differently today. By lunch when everything was going a bit out there, why not a text to mort or anyone to say, I have not decided, the rumors of me telling the Vikings I am not coming back are not true. I have yet to make a decision.Or are you just so quick to defend him you missed where I have said that pretty clear a few times now that all he had to do was text mort?
Send Chris Mortensen a text saying he's not sure...... hmmm... lolWhy should he? Doesn't everyone already know? And even if they don't, even if he did send a text, how is he in the wrong?As long as he and the team have an understanding, what does it matter what the media or the public think?

From latest reports sure sounds like he told am analyst (mooch) that he was unsure of his plans at this point. Bit of course that doesn't work for youHave to?Nothing...but when word got out that he supposedly texted teammates...and Shiancoe was talking about it, and it made its way to ESPN and every other network that he had told the Vikings he was not coming back....I think a quick text to Mort is not too much to ask.Text them he is not coming back, with no official word, now claims he has no idea what it was about (through longwell)?And I think I have explained quite clearly how Id like him to conduct himself differently today. By lunch when everything was going a bit out there, why not a text to mort or anyone to say, I have not decided, the rumors of me telling the Vikings I am not coming back are not true. I have yet to make a decision.Or are you just so quick to defend him you missed where I have said that pretty clear a few times now that all he had to do was text mort?

QBs the Vikes could trade for...Kyle Orton: He's a lame duck in Denver nowMarc Bulger: QB3 in BaltimoreJake Delhomme: Cleveland is going nowhereJon Kitna: Dallas would never do it though and they are looking at how nice it has to have a quality back up.Chad PenningtonMichael VickBruce GradkowskiBut the one I think would actually make some sense is Matt Hasselbeck...think about it. Seattle is going nowhere this season and there are at least 2-3 "franchise" types coming out of college next season perhaps even more. Hass has had soem issues but he can still manage a game and make throws. He is used to a Brett Favre type offense and I'm thinking Seattle might do this. If I were the Seattle owner I would ask my GM to do this and see what WHitehurst has got. If they go 2-14 they can take a QB in the draft next year and start building for the future. Have Whitehurst play another year until they groom the rookie.
Or they could go with a guy who is better than all of those. A guy who is already under contract even. Tarvaris Jackson needs more love.

guys hes just trying to get out of training camp. he does this every year. christ, stop falling for it.
He was already 'out' of training camp. I can buy the needing attention or he's honestly not sure the ankle is/will recover angle. But not the camp one. Not when Childress and the team has given him a pass for missing the workouts.

Well the fact Minnesota has offered to up his salary to $16mm base plus $4mm in incentives will be an interesting litmus test.

Or they could go with a guy who is better than all of those. A guy who is already under contract even. Tarvaris Jackson needs more love.
I don't pretend to know a lot about Jackson but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he will ever be better than Pennington, Thigpen, Vick or Orton. I am not saying he won't but he sure hasn't shown it yet.

From latest reports sure sounds like he told am analyst (mooch) that he was unsure of his plans at this point. Bit of course that doesn't work for you
I did not read any of Mooch's comments as any definitive talk to Favre saying he is unsure.What I keep seeing from all sides is heresay.But a text to mort who generally breaks things would work.They would even be able to play the little screen shot on ESPN showing it for all to see.I don't think its that big of a deal (which is why i find Carolina's posts amusing about changing his ways and such).Just a minor thing and I have said this whole thread its not any big thing.
"I think it's a foregone conclusion that he loves the game and he would play if he could, until he's 50," Mariucci said. "Right now, he told me, I'm trying to get my body healthy."
There is the quote. That is a pretty vague statement that does not go as far as saying the talk of yesterday was incorrect.

From latest reports sure sounds like he told am analyst (mooch) that he was unsure of his plans at this point. Bit of course that doesn't work for you
I did not read any of Mooch's comments as any definitive talk to Favre saying he is unsure.What I keep seeing from all sides is heresay.But a text to mort who generally breaks things would work.They would even be able to play the little screen shot on ESPN showing it for all to see.I don't think its that big of a deal (which is why i find Carolina's posts amusing about changing his ways and such).Just a minor thing and I have said this whole thread its not any big thing.
There is the quote. That is a pretty vague statement that does not go as far as saying the talk of yesterday was incorrect.
Correct me if I'm wrong, from my perspective, the only entity he owes an answer to would be the Vikings organization. And to this point they seem to be patient and understanding.I really don't see why you think he owes answers to anyone else..The media will find any little thing to build a story on and Farve seems to have done pretty well at this point without having to answer to every speculation. With as Farve hungry as the media is, I don't blame him for letting them carry on while he conveniently stays out of the way. His agent seems to be handling things just fine...

Brett was sitting down in Mississippi yesterday feeling a little bored, as he is prone to do at this time of the year.

Brett: Hey Bubba, watch this.

Brett takes out I-phone, types in 3 quick cryptic text messages to his 3 Viking teammates with the biggest mouths.

Brett: Diana, "hold all phone calls"

Brett and Bubba go in and sit down on the couch and spend the day watching ESPN and the NFL Network with a lot of giggles in between.

Brett was sitting down in Mississippi yesterday feeling a little bored, as he is prone to do at this time of the year.Brett: Hey Bubba, watch this.Brett takes out I-phone, types in 3 quick cryptic text messages to his 3 Viking teammates with the biggest mouths.Brett: Diana, "hold all phone calls"Brett and Bubba go in and sit down on the couch and spend the day watching ESPN and the NFL Network with a lot of giggles in between.
Pretty accurate.

Unless Farve takes the field early this season, his playing/retirement status will be a story all season. His ankle will heal during the season. As soon as the other Viking QBs play badly or become injured, the story throughout the season will be whether Farve comes back to save the team. I can see the story playing out very deep into the season.

-- Vikings Offer Favre More Money --

Tue Aug 3, 2010

The Star Tribune reports the Vikings have increased their offer for a 2010 base salary from $13 million to $16 million for QB Brett Favre. There also could be incentives in the deal for Favre that would take the deal above $16 million

Followed by:

Tue Aug 3, 2010

SI.com's Peter King reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre is trying to see Dr. James Andrews to see why his ankle hurts so much.

:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread