What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs WILL take over Day 2 of the Draft (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
4/3 Update: DAVID FREAKIN DODDS, the man the myth the legend himself, is planning on joining us at RCMH. If you ask nice he might autograph your blackeyedjoe memorabilia (which we will be giving out), or maybe your butt.

Loyal FBGs:

As you might have read in my draft diary, all you have to do to get in on the second day of the draft is come down around 830 am to the draft venue. That also gets you the form to get a free first day reserved ticket for the next year's draft.

I KNOW there's enough FBG in the tri-state area to take this sucker over next year. Imagine the kind of impact we could make if we all showed up wearing black-eyed joe gear and dominating the scene...

Im planting the seed now, we can make this happen. If enough people show up we can even do a FBG event on the first day on a remote site and get people like nittanylion, myself, and anyone else interested to do a running commentary on the draft. Saturday night can be the big cornhole and then Sunday, the NFL won't know what hit em... this would really put FBG on the map in a big way.

Make sure late April is open on your calendar.

Interested

Hear-the-Footsteps

The Law 09

LHUCKS

code

crowe1130

Red Apples

s_ezy

Jeff Pasquino

Marshall Plan

IndyHavoc

Blue Peep

Construx Boy

Michael J Fox

WisWolvrns

Lehigh98

Mr. Vegas

Bri

Chaos Commish

nerangers

PatsFanCT

Pablito

The Bad CEO

AcerFC (2008)

GroveDiesel (possible day 1)

ACExpress

Aaronstory

The UFFRM

SpecOpLoad

Hairy Snowman

Koya

Tremendous Upside?

Last edited by a moderator:
post here if this idea interests you at all. nittanylion and I will start a list and maybe even look into group rates if we get enough interest.

I would be interested. Already live in Manhattan - so it's a lot easier for me.

Not only could it potentially be a lot of fun in 2007, but b/c of the reserved first day tix for the following year - the 2008 draft could be that much better.

Get a big FBG crowd on day one...now that would be insane.

Imagine that one night on board the Love Boat, somewhere off the coast of Porta Vallarta, Julie (your Cruise Director) and Isaac (your Bartender) had an illicit clandestine alcohol-induced tryst...let's not go overboard and call it a romance by any means, but when it comes to things like this, I'm pretty much the ******* progeny of said coupling...

...looking forward to being on point to making this happen...all comments/suggestions etc welcome...

Bloom does not lie...this is a VERY 'do-able' idea...

Imagine that one night on board the Love Boat, somewhere off the coast of Porta Vallarta, Julie (your Cruise Director) and Isaac (your Bartender) had an illicit clandestine alcohol-induced tryst...let's not go overboard and call it a romance by any means, but when it comes to things like this, I'm pretty much the ******* progeny of said coupling...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is true, I should point out that nittanylion would be the general leading us into battle. If you aren't ready for that, then there's a McDonald's with a playland close by. I hear the room with all the colored balls is pretty sweet there.

word, live in venice beach but family has house in east village, so yeah w/ just a little under a year to go i can say that i might be interested.

Not local, but wife's always wanted to go visit NYC. I know there was talk that the draft site might go on the road?? Is it for SURE in RCMH again next year? Pencil me in, and I'll keep this marked and edit or PM ya if something changes.

If it's for local FBG's only, pencil me out....damn rowdies! :excited:

IN....

And a Jets fans so, I'll do the FBG chant while Booing Jet picks and I'll practice my "WTF" look for when a pick is made..... :shrug:

Would like to do this, no idea if I'll make it, but keep me on a list. And I will be in charge of the We Are.....Penn State cheers. :D

I have never gone before, but always wanted to check it out. Could never find anyone to go with, so this could be the ticket...

Free Shirts from FBG if worn on camera??? :D

I'll try and address a few things real quick...

First, from everything we heard this year, the draft being held at RHMC was kinda like the NFL and MSG meeting at the halfway point over their dispute in 2004-2005 that led to the draft being held at Javits last year. MSG has some involvement with RHMC, and it was like a good middle ground to begin mending fences...

...don't want to get anyone overly excited, but I'd imagine that we'll either be at RHMC or MSG next year for Draft 2006...

...the one wildcard in all of this is the fact that Tags' Dynasty is about to come to an end at the end of this year, and there has been some small talk about the draft becoming a traveling road show. Something to keep in the back of our minds...

...at some point in the Summer/Fall, I'm going to be working in NYC for anywhere from 8-15 Weeks (12 seems about right). During that time, I'm looking forward to meeting a slew of NYC FBG's and laying a ton of groundwork for getting this thing off to a mind boggling inaugural start...

The thing to keep in mind that makes this so 'do-able' is that Day 1 has absolutely NOTHING to do with Day 2...and Day 2 is much more relaxed and low key, with much greater accessibility to the Football Luminaries from ESPN and NFL Network, who appear to be absolutely amazed with the amount of knowledge the fans at the draft possess. Once it appears to them that you actually have a clue about what you're talking about (and in Bloom's case, he had a whole board game's worth), they are more than eager to talk to you about all things football related as long as they're not working. The commercial breaks afforded many opportunities for banter with the ESPN & NFL Network folks. The pace is much quicker on Day 2 as well, as teams have had the night to regroup and reasses their draft board, the player pool is smaller, and teams have only 5 minutes per pick Rounds 4-7. It's 5 min per pick in Rd 3, but it tends to drag as everyone at the draft seems pretty much ready to pack it in after 2 rounds of 15 and 10 minute picks...

IF the draft is moved back to MSG, the possibilities are endless, in terms of lodging in close proximity to the draft...I've got connections at a hotel (The Affinia Manhatten/Southgate Towers) right across the street from MSG (31st and 7th) which might be parleyed into a venue for us to hold a Day 1 Draft Party if it turns out that most folks don't want to wait in line for tix Friday PM for Day 1.

As Bloom pointed out earlier, the trick to securing a ticket to Day 1 in 2008 (which beats the hell out of waiting in line) is to attend 100% of Day 2 2007. Second Day Diehard forms are handed out on entry of Day 2, and collected at the conclusion of the draft, on exit from the venue...

First, from everything we heard this year, the draft being held at RHMC was kinda like the NFL and MSG meeting at the halfway point over their dispute in 2004-2005 that led to the draft being held at Javits last year. MSG has some involvement with RHMC, and it was like a good middle ground to begin mending fences...

...don't want to get anyone overly excited, but I'd imagine that we'll either be at RHMC or MSG next year for Draft 2006...

...the one wildcard in all of this is the fact that Tags' Dynasty is about to come to an end at the end of this year, and there has been some small talk about the draft becoming a traveling road show. Something to keep in the back of our minds...

...at some point in the Summer/Fall, I'm going to be working in NYC for anywhere from 8-15 Weeks (12 seems about right). During that time, I'm looking forward to meeting a slew of NYC FBG's and laying a ton of groundwork for getting this thing off to a mind boggling inaugural start...

The thing to keep in mind that makes this so 'do-able' is that Day 1 has absolutely NOTHING to do with Day 2...and Day 2 is much more relaxed and low key, with much greater accessibility to the Football Luminaries from ESPN and NFL Network, who appear to be absolutely amazed with the amount of knowledge the fans at the draft possess. Once it appears to them that you actually have a clue about what you're talking about (and in Bloom's case, he had a whole board game's worth), they are more than eager to talk to you about all things football related as long as they're not working. The commercial breaks afforded many opportunities for banter with the ESPN & NFL Network folks. The pace is much quicker on Day 2 as well, as teams have had the night to regroup and reasses their draft board, the player pool is smaller, and teams have only 5 minutes per pick Rounds 4-7. It's 5 min per pick in Rd 3, but it tends to drag as everyone at the draft seems pretty much ready to pack it in after 2 rounds of 15 and 10 minute picks...

IF the draft is moved back to MSG, the possibilities are endless, in terms of lodging in close proximity to the draft...I've got connections at a hotel (The Affinia Manhatten/Southgate Towers) right across the street from MSG (31st and 7th) which might be parleyed into a venue for us to hold a Day 1 Draft Party if it turns out that most folks don't want to wait in line for tix Friday PM for Day 1.

As Bloom pointed out earlier, the trick to securing a ticket to Day 1 in 2008 (which beats the hell out of waiting in line) is to attend 100% of Day 2 2007. Second Day Diehard forms are handed out on entry of Day 2, and collected at the conclusion of the draft, on exit from the venue...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'at some point in the Summer/Fall, I'm going to be working in NYC for anywhere from 8-15 Weeks (12 seems about right). During that time, I'm looking forward to meeting a slew of NYC FBG's and laying a ton of groundwork for getting this thing off to a mind boggling inaugural start...'If your up to going to AC one night let me know.

You guys did a great job, you and Bloom. :thumbup:

Wish I could have made it. Maybe next I'll be able to go, but wife is not having it right now. :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'at some point in the Summer/Fall, I'm going to be working in NYC for anywhere from 8-15 Weeks (12 seems about right). During that time, I'm looking forward to meeting a slew of NYC FBG's and laying a ton of groundwork for getting this thing off to a mind boggling inaugural start...'If your up to going to AC one night let me know.

Wish I could have made it. Maybe next I'll be able to go, but wife is not having it right now. :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have to ask our wives? :eek: Oh ####.

just a drive up from Buffalo... so count me as a maybe. I could possibly round up a group of area FBG's and we could car pool... hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have to ask our wives? :eek: Oh ####.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do when she makes more :moneybag: then you do. :D But put me down for YES. :hifive:

Me and the Canadian contingent that met up with nittanylion there 2 years ago might be interested in returning.

bump...

we haven't forgot about you

Don't forget folks, FBG is going to take over the draft this year. If you are going to the draft, make sure to hit

The Footballguys Store

To get gear.

Marc Faletti and I will be covering the draft for NFLDraftguys. Pasquino and Nittanylion will be your captains for this trip.

IN....And a Jets fans so, I'll do the FBG chant while Booing Jet picks and I'll practice my "WTF" look for when a pick is made..... :fishing:
We can sit together wearing our Kyle Brady jersey's!!!Im 10 minutes away, count me as interested.If I am around I will be there for Sunday, still contemplating If i wanna do the camping out thing for Day 1, but Day 2 seems more realistic

IN....And a Jets fans so, I'll do the FBG chant while Booing Jet picks and I'll practice my "WTF" look for when a pick is made..... :goodposting:
We can sit together wearing our Kyle Brady jersey's!!!Im 10 minutes away, count me as interested.If I am around I will be there for Sunday, still contemplating If i wanna do the camping out thing for Day 1, but Day 2 seems more realistic
And remember, if they stay with the current system, being there for all of day 2 this year means reserved ticket for day 1 next year

IN....And a Jets fans so, I'll do the FBG chant while Booing Jet picks and I'll practice my "WTF" look for when a pick is made..... :goodposting:
And remember, if they stay with the current system, being there for all of day 2 this year means reserved ticket for day 1 next year
Yes, I remember you said that, that would also be an incentive to go this year, then I can go in 08 and take a picture with Mcfadden and send it to Brian with a thank you note for his 1.1 rookie pick :rant:

IN....And a Jets fans so, I'll do the FBG chant while Booing Jet picks and I'll practice my "WTF" look for when a pick is made..... :unsure:
Yes, I remember you said that, that would also be an incentive to go this year, then I can go in 08 and take a picture with Mcfadden and send it to Brian with a thank you note for his 1.1 rookie pick :lol:
If you're at the draft in 08, I promise you we'll get that picture with McFadden

IN....And a Jets fans so, I'll do the FBG chant while Booing Jet picks and I'll practice my "WTF" look for when a pick is made..... :tumbleweed:
Yes, I remember you said that, that would also be an incentive to go this year, then I can go in 08 and take a picture with Mcfadden and send it to Brian with a thank you note for his 1.1 rookie pick :shrug:
If you're at the draft in 08, I promise you we'll get that picture with McFadden
:aroused:

:X Getting the guaranteed ticket for Day 1 of 2008 would be awesome. Unfortunately I already know that I won't be able to stay for Day 2.

What time did the FBGs get there on Friday last year to get tickets for Day 1?

I live in a suburb of NYC and would def be down. Only problem this year is that I have lamaz class with my wife that weekend. If you can get an extra ticket for next year, Ill be down

:shrug: Getting the guaranteed ticket for Day 1 of 2008 would be awesome. Unfortunately I already know that I won't be able to stay for Day 2. What time did the FBGs get there on Friday last year to get tickets for Day 1?
I got there at about 6 pm last year and had no problem. I think you could probably show up at 8 and be fine. Us FBGs will band together and make sure that any extras we can find will go to fellow FBGs. There's also a chance *fingers crossed* that we will get credentialled, which would hopefully free up our tickets. People who are thinking about coming down Saturday, but can't afford to spend Friday night in line, might just get bailed out by the collective power of FBG. Stay tuned.

:( Getting the guaranteed ticket for Day 1 of 2008 would be awesome. Unfortunately I already know that I won't be able to stay for Day 2. What time did the FBGs get there on Friday last year to get tickets for Day 1?
I got there at about 6 pm last year and had no problem. I think you could probably show up at 8 and be fine. Us FBGs will band together and make sure that any extras we can find will go to fellow FBGs. There's also a chance *fingers crossed* that we will get credentialled, which would hopefully free up our tickets. People who are thinking about coming down Saturday, but can't afford to spend Friday night in line, might just get bailed out by the collective power of FBG. Stay tuned.
:toescrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread