What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

I'm fading Calvin this week. I have Dez in a couple lineups, but mostly I'm staring at VJax, Decker, Cruz in a lot of contests.

Cruz has burned me every time I have played him this year, but I will stack him in my Eli lineups for the tourneys. Also high on Jeffrey, VJax, AJ, DT, and Kendall Wright this week.

Going to have Dobson and Gronk in a few lineups as well this week.

I have a feeling I'm going to be waffling between Burleson and Miles Austin @ that $4500 level up until kickoff.

Austin has to contend with and earn back snaps from Williams, no? Seems like Burleson is in a much better position to thrive first week back from injury to me.

Haven't seen much love for Stacy this week coming off his bye, playing at home, against a defense getting shredded by RBs lately. Is the mid 7000s price tag too rich with the cheaper options out there?

Mackin said:
msudaisy26 said:
(HULK) said:
What do people think about Burleson @ $4500? Could be really sneaky if he's a full go and not on a snap count or anything. Coming back from a broken arm, I wouldn't expect a snap count... either the bone is healed or it isn't, right?
I think you are over thinking it Hulk. There is a lot of value at receiver and running back this week. It should be easy to not have to go that low.

For a large tourney he might be worth a flier, but he is too risky for heads up and double.
I have to agree here, keep it simple, don't overthink some things. Honestly my biggest issue this week is finding where to spend the money. We all look for value plays obviously each week, but at the end of the day you need a workhorse to put up the points and I don't know if any jump out.

So far I like Eli, Keenum and Smith as QBs. Brown, Gore and Tate as RB. Jeffery, Cruz, Decker and Wright for WR.

But not one cracks 7k. Anyone have opinions on some big tickets? I love that they said they wanna get the ball to Dez, but I'm sure NYG's D coordinator loves that also. I believe in the high scoring offenses of DEN vs. NE but could see any number of guys on DEN getting the ball and I like Gronk, but that isn't getting me there. Calvin could be matchup proof on Revis this week but I'm not dropping 10k to find out. McCown hates Marshall idk, just feeling like a tough week up top.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

I don't mean he has a personal vendetta, I've just seen Jeffery emerge more with McCown under center, whereas Cutler favors Marshall.

I think McCown in at QB limits Marshall's big score potential. Sorry poor wording.

Haven't seen much love for Stacy this week coming off his bye, playing at home, against a defense getting shredded by RBs lately. Is the mid 7000s price tag too rich with the cheaper options out there?
I think he's a decent value but he didn't make any of my lineups.

Tate is in 100%, and then its mostly JCharles with some Eddie Lacy sprinkled in.

This is because I pretty much went universally with cheap QBs... Stacy just doesn't make sense in my lineups.

I think he's a decent value but he didn't make any of my lineups.

Tate is in 100%, and then its mostly JCharles with some Eddie Lacy sprinkled in.

This is because I pretty much went universally with cheap QBs... Stacy just doesn't make sense in my lineups.
Yeah same issue of trying to fit him into lineups. That said I agree with the love and I am manufacturing ways to insert him.

(HULK) said:
What do people think about Burleson @ $4500? Could be really sneaky if he's a full go and not on a snap count or anything. Coming back from a broken arm, I wouldn't expect a snap count... either the bone is healed or it isn't, right?
I have him as my flex over Michael Floyd on Draft Kings

Mackin said:
Wait so people are still playing Calvin? With Revis? I know he isn't what he used to be and Calvin is still Calvin but are people expecting a 25+ point performance guaranteed?
I have Calvin in a few lineups. TB loves to drop into zones at critical moments in the game ;) . On the other side of the ball I can see VJax working it down the field quite often ... so a shoot out with 2 guns.

Too many targets with the broncos, pats and saints, pending welker and julius thomas' injury reports. liking Decker if they scratch.

With Case playing for houston, andre is back in play as well. Maybe some Marshall / Jeffery @ stl.

Does anyone not like D. Thomas this week if welker and Julius Thomas are out? The patriots tend to try to shut down the main threat. Is decker the better play? I had Thomas in a couple of lineups but swamped him out and upgraded at other positions. Really debating it. Am I overthinking it or do I play Thomas because he has so much talent and is playing in a high scoring game. Besides Vincent Jackson and Andre Johnson I am not loving the elite WR options this week....thoughts

My Thursday 50/50 and H2H roster:

QB

Alex Smith (better floor) or Case Keenum (higher ceiling)

RB

Andre Brown
NYG v DAL
RB

Pierre Thomas
NO @ ATL
WR

Vincent Jackson
TB @ DET
WR

Andre Johnson
HOU v JAC
WR

Victor Cruz
NYG v DAL
TE

Rob Gronkowski
NE v DEN
K

Garrett Hartley
NO @ ATL
D

Baltimore Ravens
BAL v NYJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post a link to $25 Thurs Bomb if you have a link after the games kickoff at 7:30? Just want to get an idea of who McJester, MBomb, etc are high on this week.

TIA

QB

Case Keenum

HOU v JAC

RB

Andre Brown

NYG v DAL

RB

Pierre Thomas

NO @ ATL

WR

Vincent Jackson

TB @ DET

WR

Andre Johnson

HOU v JAC

WR

Victor Cruz

NYG v DAL

TE

Rob Gronkowski

NE v DEN

K

Garrett Hartley

NO @ ATL

D

Baltimore Ravens

BAL v NYJ
I have almost that exact lineup for just Sunday games

QB

Case Keenum
HOU v JAC
RB

Andre Brown
NYG v DAL
RB

Pierre Thomas
NO @ ATL
WR

Vincent Jackson
TB @ DET
WR

Andre Johnson
HOU v JAC
WR

Victor Cruz
NYG v DAL
TE

Rob Gronkowski
NE v DEN
K

Garrett Hartley
NO @ ATL
D

Baltimore Ravens
BAL v NYJ
one thing I hate about fanduel is you have to pick a kicker.

how involved is your kicker picking, and how much success do you feel you've had with kickers?

QB

RB

Andre Brown

NYG v DAL

RB

Pierre Thomas

NO @ ATL

WR

Vincent Jackson

TB @ DET

WR

Andre Johnson

HOU v JAC

WR

Victor Cruz

NYG v DAL

TE

Rob Gronkowski

NE v DEN

K

Garrett Hartley

NO @ ATL

D

Baltimore Ravens

BAL v NYJ
I approve this lineup. Nice job.

Pierre is heavily owned, especially in contests I've joined in the last hour. Big Thursday game here...no fading tonight.

Apparently David was dead wrong about fading this week.

I played mostly off his value chart and am currently at 14 and 9 on the 50/50s. Roughly a 61% win rate. I have 13 more primetime contests in play and am doing pretty well in them so this could be a very good week.

If you use David's projections on a weekly basis and create multiple lineups, you can grind out some cash in the 50/50s.

That said, I do employ a couple of strategies when possible to improve my 50/50 odds. For example, if I really like Wilson at QB for the week, I'll try to seed in some Lynch exposure even if Charles grades out to be a pt/$ play. I generally don't stack QB and WR/TE in 50/50s, but will go heavy was obvious rec combos like Reed/Garcon, Hilton/Fleener, Marshall/Jeffery to smooth out production.
10 and 3 on the primetimes to finish 24 and 12 on the week. 67% win rate.

For some reason I seem to do very well on primetimes and 1 pms, not as well on the regular contests. I think that's because I'm better at picking the sleepers than the right studs. In these games where the choices are limited I can't screw up the studs.

I had a little to a lot of P.Thomas, Hartley, Douglas, Colston, Graham and Brees.

Basically if you played anyone besides Graham or PT, I'd call it a disappointment. Bummer.

BassNBrew said:
Apparently David was dead wrong about fading this week.

I played mostly off his value chart and am currently at 14 and 9 on the 50/50s. Roughly a 61% win rate. I have 13 more primetime contests in play and am doing pretty well in them so this could be a very good week.

If you use David's projections on a weekly basis and create multiple lineups, you can grind out some cash in the 50/50s.

That said, I do employ a couple of strategies when possible to improve my 50/50 odds. For example, if I really like Wilson at QB for the week, I'll try to seed in some Lynch exposure even if Charles grades out to be a pt/$ play. I generally don't stack QB and WR/TE in 50/50s, but will go heavy was obvious rec combos like Reed/Garcon, Hilton/Fleener, Marshall/Jeffery to smooth out production.
10 and 3 on the primetimes to finish 24 and 12 on the week. 67% win rate.

For some reason I seem to do very well on primetimes and 1 pms, not as well on the regular contests. I think that's because I'm better at picking the sleepers than the right studs. In these games where the choices are limited I can't screw up the studs.
Funny, I seem to be the exact opposite. I seem to do much better on the regular than the Sun only games or Primetime. I have done ok on the primetime games until this week, but the Sun only games have been brutal to me. I am not exactly sure why, but I have scaled way back on my Sun only games.

David Dodds said:

QB

RB

Andre Brown
NYG v DAL
RB

Pierre Thomas
NO @ ATL
WR

Vincent Jackson
TB @ DET
WR

Andre Johnson
HOU v JAC
WR

Victor Cruz
NYG v DAL
TE

Rob Gronkowski
NE v DEN
K

Garrett Hartley
NO @ ATL
D

Baltimore Ravens
BAL v NYJ
You really should be playing Succup and Bullock in your 50/50s over Hartley.

QB

Scott Tolzien
GB v MIN
RB Zac Stacy
STL v CHI
RB Jamaal Charles
KC v SD
WR Dwayne Bowe
KC v SD
WR Vincent Jackson
TB @ DET
WR Andre Johnson
HOU v JAC
TE Vernon Davis
SF @ WAS
K Mason Crosby
GB v MIN
D Carolina Panthers
CAR @ MIA
or

QB Peyton Manning
DEN @ NE
RB Zac Stacy
STL v CHI
RB Andre Brown
NYG v DAL
WR Dwayne Bowe
KC v SD
WR Kendall Wright
TEN @ OAK
WR Andre Johnson
HOU v JAC
TE Vernon Davis
SF @ WAS
K Mason Crosby
GB v MIN
D Baltimore Ravens
BAL v NYJ

QB

Scott Tolzien
GB v MIN
RBZac Stacy
STL v CHI
RBJamaal Charles
KC v SD
WRDwayne Bowe
KC v SD
WRVincent Jackson
TB @ DET
WRAndre Johnson
HOU v JAC
TEVernon Davis
SF @ WAS
KMason Crosby
GB v MIN
DCarolina Panthers
CAR @ MIA
or

QBPeyton Manning
DEN @ NE
RBZac Stacy
STL v CHI
RBAndre Brown
NYG v DAL
WRDwayne Bowe
KC v SD
WRKendall Wright
TEN @ OAK
WRAndre Johnson
HOU v JAC
TEVernon Davis
SF @ WAS
KMason Crosby
GB v MIN
DBaltimore Ravens
BAL v NYJ
I like your 1st lineup. I am going to put something in kind of like it. Not sure what yet though

Decker or Kendell Wright?

Their prices are close. I feel like it hinges on Welker and Julius, but I am having trouble being decisive about which one I like more.

Decker or Kendell Wright?

Their prices are close. I feel like it hinges on Welker and Julius, but I am having trouble being decisive about which one I like more.
it depends on your lineup but for a 50/50 I like Wright more. He's been a target magnet for a while now

If you looking for big points though Decker is the play. Assume Welker is playing

What is everyone's thoughts on Cotchery this week? Haden will be on Brown and Cotchery seems to find the endzone pretty regularly. Looking at strictly tourney entries as a flier.

What is everyone's thoughts on Cotchery this week? Haden will be on Brown and Cotchery seems to find the endzone pretty regularly. Looking at strictly tourney entries as a flier.
I have him in a couple lineups too for the reasons you mentioned. Also E. Sanders is coming off am injury so he might be limited even if he plays.

I had a little to a lot of P.Thomas, Hartley, Douglas, Colston, Graham and Brees.

Basically if you played anyone besides Graham or PT, I'd call it a disappointment. Bummer.
I'm just glad I didn't have any Brees or Colston, those were the real big duds.

Douglas may have underperformed a bit, but you won't lose 50/50s because of his 12.4. I'll actually take it from my 4th salaried pass catcher.

Contests got tougher as the deadline approached yesterday due to the Sproles news. I have same lineups from contests I joined earlier in the day that I came back and adjusted in much better position than in contests I joined within a hour of kickoff. Pierre numbers spiked in the later contests. Is this why Dodds says to get your placeholders in early and adjust later? Alot of people must not come back once they set their lineup unless they realize one of their players is out?

Contests got tougher as the deadline approached yesterday due to the Sproles news. I have same lineups from contests I joined earlier in the day that I came back and adjusted in much better position than in contests I joined within a hour of kickoff. Pierre numbers spiked in the later contests. Is this why Dodds says to get your placeholders in early and adjust later? Alot of people must not come back once they set their lineup unless they realize one of their players is out?
Yes/No

You'll get some that forget to make changes in the earlier contests, but the skill level seems to be higher in the late contests. I tend to win more in the contests closer to the deadline.

Yes/No

You'll get some that forget to make changes in the earlier contests, but the skill level seems to be higher in the late contests. I tend to win more in the contests closer to the deadline.
Yeah when I don't get too impatient, I like to reserve 10% or so of my wagers until Sunday after 11:30am or so. There's always a flood of easier-than-normal games.

A guy that I like that I haven't seen many mention and was hardly in any of the larger leagues I joined is Torrey Smith. The Jets have been getting torched lately and have gotten burned by #1 WR's all year long. I think especially for a tourney Torrey will be good value with his low ownership and how he can always have a big game plus the great matchup. I also have him in some heads up lineups too.

A guy that I like that I haven't seen many mention and was hardly in any of the larger leagues I joined is Torrey Smith. The Jets have been getting torched lately and have gotten burned by #1 WR's all year long. I think especially for a tourney Torrey will be good value with his low ownership and how he can always have a big game plus the great matchup. I also have him in some heads up lineups too.
I've noticed that cro has been beat by burners, but he is definitely recognized the problem, saying this week that they've been cleaning up technique errors in practice.

Also, their run D is good, Ray Rice is not and they know Flacco likes to go deep. I can see him being shut down on the big play bc the Jets will be looking for it and he's not good enough underneath to consistently rack up on Cro.

He's definitely got blow up potential but I wouldn't lock it in. Good GPP but I wouldn't take him in 50/50s

dodds singled him out for a mention on a podcast this week, and here's what steve palazzolo of profootballfocus had to say about the jets corners a few weeks ago

Starting with Cromartie, his numbers aren’t great, but they certainly don’t look like they belong to the lowest-graded coverage cornerback in the league. So while he’s given up some big receptions, surrendering only 51.1 percent completions is well above average. As for Milliner, his coverage numbers look great on the surface, but his -5.5 coverage grade is well below the league average. So where is the disconnect between the numbers and the grades, and how is Cromartie graded at a league-worst -12.3?

what kind of scores does it take to win these?

what roi should I be looking at for every 1k salary?

edit: looking at that 1500 entry (thurs) contest somebody linked, here are a few of the most commonly owned players

wr

cruz, vjax, a johnson - 30%

decker, calvin - 16%

torrey smith is only 5% owned

rb

stacy 29%

gore 17%

lacy 15%

tate 14%

a brown 12%

te

gronk 14%