What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA 13-14 English Premier League Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Can we change the line-up lock to kickoff of the first game rather than 1 hour before kickoff? I'm sitting here watching pre-game and they're telling me my players aren't ####### starting :hot:

Who scored the goal for Southampton? Fox/MSN has it as Lovren but Fantrax is showing Lallana. Difference between a win and a loss here

Good Posting Judge said:
2nd highest point total so far this week. =/
4 goals and 4 assists for me this week, not too bad. I still feel like my team is pretty awful. Riether and Boruc were my two best picks in the draft.

I kinda miss the bonus point system and auto-subs. I think there has to be a happy medium between the site we used last year and fantrax. No clones/waivers is a definite improvement in my opinion. I think it'd be interesting to have 15 players or so with no bench.

Good Posting Judge said:
4 goals and 4 assists for me this week, not too bad. I still feel like my team is pretty awful. Riether and Boruc were my two best picks in the draft.

I kinda miss the bonus point system and auto-subs. I think there has to be a happy medium between the site we used last year and fantrax. No clones/waivers is a definite improvement in my opinion. I think it'd be interesting to have 15 players or so with no bench.
Losing clones is such an improvement that rest doesn't even matter to me. Clones took all the fun out of it last year (that and my team sucking).

The bonuses were definitely fun and I wouldn't mind having those back but it's fine without as well. The auto-subs is a bigger deal to me.

Good Posting Judge said:

Losing clones is such an improvement that rest doesn't even matter to me. Clones took all the fun out of it last year (that and my team sucking).

The bonuses were definitely fun and I wouldn't mind having those back but it's fine without as well. The auto-subs is a bigger deal to me.
I think the league size (owners & rosters) is in the sweet spot. There's not a lot of talent on the waiver wire and weekly roster decisions are tough.

Eephus said:
gianmarco said:
Good Posting Judge said:

I think the league size (owners & rosters) is in the sweet spot. There's not a lot of talent on the waiver wire and weekly roster decisions are tough.
Agreed. And there's just enough on the WW that you can find a capable starter if need be in a pinch.

I'm pretty much the laziest fantasy sports owner of all time, but I don't understand the complaints about the lack of auto subs. Wasn't selecting people who play more games a criteria of drafting a player? I know I looked at games started and games played until I got deep into sleeper territory. God knows I lost my share of points early in the season because the Kraken was rotting in Jose's doghouse, but that's on me.

I'm pretty much the laziest fantasy sports owner of all time, but I don't understand the complaints about the lack of auto subs. Wasn't selecting people who play more games a criteria of drafting a player? I know I looked at games started and games played until I got deep into sleeper territory. God knows I lost my share of points early in the season because the Kraken was rotting in Jose's doghouse, but that's on me.
Mostly because the start times being very early on Saturday with lineups locked before they start was difficult. When it's hard to always get the starting XI beforehand, players would be left off without any indication. With such low scores to begin with, missing out on the 2-4 pts that a couple players on the sideline lose can be big.

Oh, and it's "we" lost "our" share of points.....just saying :)

Mostly because the start times being very early on Saturday with lineups locked before they start was difficult. When it's hard to always get the starting XI beforehand, players would be left off without any indication. With such low scores to begin with, missing out on the 2-4 pts that a couple players on the sideline lose can be big.

Oh, and it's "we" lost "our" share of points.....just saying :)
Heck, more you than me. I zoned out at round 6 or so, and I'm terrible with keeping on top of lineups. That's why I "consult."

I guess I just assumed that nobody was glued to NBCSN at 9:45 ET on Saturday and that everyone was making their best guess as of Friday. It's really all you can do.

Other than Man City's backline, I don't see a lot of teams doing a heck of a lot of squad rotation this year anyway. Even Moyes appears to be settling into a set XI.

Three in a row, MAKE ROOM AT THE TOP

eta: only that 35 - 40 loss to Christo keeping it from being five

Last edited by a moderator:
A comfortable victory. Nevertheless, I feel The Special Ones should receive bonus points for the "audacious chip, signature dance celebration" combo.

Similarly, if anyone started Jonas Olssen, they should lose additional points for what Suarez did to him. I imagine his postgame shower looked like what Jody Foster took in The Accused.

A comfortable victory. Nevertheless, I feel The Special Ones should receive bonus points for the "audacious chip, signature dance celebration" combo.

Similarly, if anyone started Jonas Olssen, they should lose additional points for what Suarez did to him. I imagine his postgame shower looked like what Jody Foster took in The Accused.
He's a mainstay over at MoeFC.

Oh, hey. We're talking about SODs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNZirswkaU

Yes, I'm torn this week.

Ramsey would be the SOD, but some idiot dropped him or something because we picked him up after week 1.
Also, Ramsey was never drafted. We luckily picked him up on Aug 30th during week 3.

Of note, with clones, everyone would own Ramsey and we'd be playing 10 on 10 every week (not to mention whoever else might be an undrafted star that I haven't looked back at). The elimination of clones was such a huge improvement.

Oh, hey. We're talking about SODs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNZirswkaU

Yes, I'm torn this week.

Ramsey would be the SOD, but some idiot dropped him or something because we picked him up after week 1.
Also, Ramsey was never drafted. We luckily picked him up on Aug 30th during week 3.

Of note, with clones, everyone would own Ramsey and we'd be playing 10 on 10 every week (not to mention whoever else might be an undrafted star that I haven't looked back at). The elimination of clones was such a huge improvement.
I don't know about stars. But about half my squad right now were undrafted. And several have good potential.

Cheriches

Shaw

Arnautovic

Sakho

Noble

Amalfitano

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread