What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA 13-14 English Premier League Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Salary cap question. What move(s) should i make here?

G: Mignolet, Boruc

D: Dawson, Coleman, Shaw, Demel, Turner

M: Ozil, Toure, Ramsey, Brady, Sidwell

F: Suarez, Giroud, Lukaku

I have 0.5mm in the bank. Considering swapping Mignolet for Pantilimon and gaining 0.7, but I can wait until next week and take advantage of Mignolet's matchup against Hull.

Upgrade Sidwell? Or defense? Will answer yours.

I'm not sure what happened but I changed the lineup yesterday and for some reason it's back to last week's lineup. I even copy and pasted the new lineup in an email to RHE to get his thoughts and he agreed.

Not sure if it can be changed, but Sturridge is clearly not supposed to be in and Kozak should be in his place. We also had taken out Distin and put in El Ahmadi.

Is this still going? My team is above .500 for the first time all season and is finally hitting its stride :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this in the wrong thread :bag:

Nice. I drop Anelka on the day when he scores his first two goals of the season. Awesome. Also, Stecklenberg as Fulhams goalie clearly isnt panning out. Need an alternative.

In better news, my team is on a tear - 4 or 5 game winning streak. Early goals today from Welbeck and Dzeko today are further steps in the right direction :thumbup:

Whats is the playoff format?

Posted this in the wrong thread :bag:

Nice. I drop Anelka on the day when he scores his first two goals of the season. Awesome. Also, Stecklenberg as Fulhams goalie clearly isnt panning out. Need an alternative.

In better news, my team is on a tear - 4 or 5 game winning streak. Early goals today from Welbeck and Dzeko today are further steps in the right direction :thumbup:

Whats is the playoff format?
Playoffs

What are the tie-breakers? I have the same record as Moe and have outscored him but am ranked behind him.
Tie BreakersStandings Tie Breakers

1. Head-to-head record vs. team(s) tied with

2. Most fantasy points for entire season

3. Randomly selected

I'm 2-0 against you and eephus. I'm not sure if/how these ridiculous ties for off-weeks factor in because at first glance I think eephus should be ahead of you too based on the above.

What are the tie-breakers? I have the same record as Moe and have outscored him but am ranked behind him.

3. Randomly selected

I'm 2-0 against you and eephus. I'm not sure if/how these ridiculous ties for off-weeks factor in because at first glance I think eephus should be ahead of you too based on the above.
That's silly since we can't play defense and it relies on the randomness of a few games rather than season-long efforts. Total points should be the first tie-breaker.

3. Randomly selected

That's silly since we can't play defense and it relies on the randomness of a few games rather than season-long efforts. Total points should be the first tie-breaker.
I can think of numerous weeks where I could have scored more but I instructed my guys to rein it in because I'm a true sportsman.

Ooof:

--Ramsey still injured and not back

--Cabaye off to PSG

--Lukaku with pretty bad injury

The Special Ones being put to the test with their depth!

Oof....lost by 0.3 pts. Nice to have 3 players supposed to play be out due to postponed games and get nothing.

That said, the difference in wins between 1st and 2nd is the same as the difference between 2nd and last. Yes, I'll go ahead and curse our side.

:coffee:

God Dammit why are we locked into our lineups so early? :wall:

Zaha has been a regular for Cardiff recently and Soldado has been riding the pine for Spurs. Now half an hour before kickoff both friggin' managers decide to "shake things up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :rant:

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

God Dammit why are we locked into our lineups so early? :wall:

Zaha has been a regular for Cardiff recently and Soldado has been riding the pine for Spurs. Now half an hour before kickoff both friggin' managers decide to "shake things up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :rant:

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:
If it makes you feel any better, you could have had your entire lineup AND your bench all count and you still would have lost.

:bye:

With 1st place already clinched with 6 weeks to go, let me know when you want paypal info :bowtie: :D

Big thanks to RHE and already looking forward to next year!

Well this turned out to be like the Bundesliga...congrats T"S"Os :banned:

Now 2nd and 3rd will be a little more fun as two games separate 2nd and 8th :popcorn:

2 Real Christo 17-13-5 3 Native United 16-14-5 4 Kaizer Eephs
commishSmall.gif
16-14-5 5 Ominous Johnson 16-14-5 6 Jonessed 15-15-5 7 MoeFC 15-15-5 8 Gatorpool FC 15-15-5

:popcorn:

Wow, that last minute goal by Toure gave Jonessed the win (and another close loss for us). What an amazing turnaround after being at the bottom of the standings for so long despite scoring so many points. Very deserved run to get into the top 4 right now.

Battle in the final week for spots 3 and 4. Was the tiebreaker ever determined? I would assume points scored, but should be clarified before the final week I'd think.

Wow, that last minute goal by Toure gave Jonessed the win (and another close loss for us). What an amazing turnaround after being at the bottom of the standings for so long despite scoring so many points. Very deserved run to get into the top 4 right now.

Battle in the final week for spots 3 and 4. Was the tiebreaker ever determined? I would assume points scored, but should be clarified before the final week I'd think.
You don't clarify anything in Week 37.5. It is what the site says it is.

You don't clarify anything in Week 37.5. It is what the site says it is.
Wrong.

You don't CHANGE anything week 37.5. But, since it's not clear what the site says, I asked to CLARIFY.

If you can point out what the site says, I'd thank you for the CLARIFICATION, Counselor.

3. Randomly selected

Ah, here it is.

Interesting.

I had a brutal first half. At one point I had the third most points and was in last place. I caught some breaks in the end though with everyone being so close.

The tiebreakers seem odd. I'm glad it didn't end up mattering.

Final Standings

1 The "Special" Ones --- 27-7-5 (PAID)
2 Native United --- 20-14-5 (PAID)
3 Jonessed --- 19-15-5 (PAID)
4 Kaizer Eephs --- 19-15-5 (PAID)
5 Real Christo --- 18-16-5 (PAID)
6 Ominous Johnson --- 17-17-5 (PAID)
7 MoeFC 17-17-5 --- (PAID)
8 Gatorpool FC --- 17-17-5 (PAID)
9 50orBust --- 13-21-5 (PAID)
10 Bonzai 13-21-5 --- (PAID)
11 Azgroover --- 13-21-5 (PAID)
12 Sebowski/GPJ --- 11-23-5 (PAID)

Total pool: $416.55 (2 1/2 teams didn't send their PP payments in as gifts)
50/25/15/10

Special Ones = $208.28
Native U = $104.14
Jonessed = $62.48
Kaizer Eephs = $41.65

Winners - PM me your Paypal info and I'll turn it around

I'm surprised I finished in the money given how bad my draft was. Aside from the two keepers, I only still have one player from my original selection on my roster. And that was Ricky van Wolfswinkel who was arguably the transfer bust of the season. Head-to-head helped me because I only finished 8th in aggregate points.

The lack of auto fill lineups is a problem with Fantrax but I think it was worth it not to have clones. It definitely made free agent pickups a lot more challenging. Midfield was so thin that I added the worthless Vurnon Anita not once but twice during the season.

I'm surprised I finished in the money given how bad my draft was. Aside from the two keepers, I only still have one player from my original selection on my roster. And that was Ricky van Wolfswinkel who was arguably the transfer bust of the season. Head-to-head helped me because I only finished 8th in aggregate points.

The lack of auto fill lineups is a problem with Fantrax but I think it was worth it not to have clones. It definitely made free agent pickups a lot more challenging. Midfield was so thin that I added the worthless Vurnon Anita not once but twice during the season.
Not having clones was essential, IMO. I agree that the autofill lineups would be a nice feature, but not even close in terms of tradeoff with clones. The other annoying part was combining of some of the weeks, but again, relatively minor.

Thanks for running this.

Congrats, GB RHE!

Users who are viewing this thread