What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Filling the brackets (1 Viewer)

JerseyPaul

Footballguy
So if it weren't for a blown call on the last play of a game, it would probably be SF at GB. What a huge difference that would have made, to have the 2nd round game on the frozen tundra instead of the windy bay.

Rodgers has a 108 passing rating and a great receiving corps now that Jennings is back and hot. But Kaepernick is no slouch with a 98 rating. He really has only one big target, so GB should be able to take Crabtree away, but can they?

GB has no running game while SF is balanced, leaning to heavy run.

What do you expect the line to be? Who do you favor?

So if it weren't for a blown call on the last play of a game, it would probably be SF at GB. What a huge difference that would have made, to have the 2nd round game on the frozen tundra instead of the windy bay.Rodgers has a 108 passing rating and a great receiving corps now that Jennings is back and hot. But Kaepernick is no slouch with a 98 rating. He really has only one big target, so GB should be able to take Crabtree away, but can they?GB has no running game while SF is balanced, leaning to heavy run.What do you expect the line to be? Who do you favor?
I think Minnesota has a shot this week. Maybe not a great one but I would not be buying tickets yet if I were a Packer fan particularly given this past weekend.

So I have a couple things to say on this:

-Packers will win this weekend unless they completely under perform

-Rodgers is much more likely to have a better game in San Fransico than in Green Bay against the 49ers in Janurary

-I personally think the Packers have a better shot at the Super Bowl with a game @SF then home against SF

With the defense the 49ers have I think you want the best weather possible to allow the playbook to be wide open. Its not alot but the more offensive the game becomes the more benifit the Packers will get. (You can throw out the game earlier this year as the Packers were horriable to start out the season)

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/01/weather-effects-on-passing.html

I love having home games but Rodgers has shown at this point his best games in the post season have come in domes and warm weather climates it would seem. Arizona, Atlanta, Pittsburgh

So I have a couple things to say on this:Packers will win this weekend unless they completely under perform-Rodgers is much more likely to have a better game in San Fransico than in Green Bay against the 49ers in Janurary-I personally think the Packers have a better shot at the Super Bowl with a game @SF then home against SFWith the defense the 49ers have I think you want the best weather possible to allow the playbook to be wide open. Its not alot but the more offensive the game becomes the more benifit the Packers will get. (You can throw out the game earlier this year as the Packers were horriable to start out the season)http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/01/weather-effects-on-passing.htmlI love having home games but Rodgers has shown at this point his best games in the post season have come in domes and warm weather climates it would seem. Arizona, Atlanta, Pittsburgh
lol jumping a little ahead of yourself homer huh? You do realize you have to play Minnesota first. We all know what happened last season to the Packers, why so sure they will even make it that far this season?

So I have a couple things to say on this:Packers will win this weekend unless they completely under perform-Rodgers is much more likely to have a better game in San Fransico than in Green Bay against the 49ers in Janurary-I personally think the Packers have a better shot at the Super Bowl with a game @SF then home against SFWith the defense the 49ers have I think you want the best weather possible to allow the playbook to be wide open. Its not alot but the more offensive the game becomes the more benifit the Packers will get. (You can throw out the game earlier this year as the Packers were horriable to start out the season)http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/01/weather-effects-on-passing.htmlI love having home games but Rodgers has shown at this point his best games in the post season have come in domes and warm weather climates it would seem. Arizona, Atlanta, Pittsburgh
lol jumping a little ahead of yourself homer huh? You do realize you have to play Minnesota first. We all know what happened last season to the Packers, why so sure they will even make it that far this season?
It's probably because getting Christian Ponder to have two good games back-to-back is akin to winning the Powerball lottery two weeks in a row.

It's probably because getting Christian Ponder to have two good games back-to-back is akin to winning the Powerball lottery two weeks in a row.
Well lets see the OP started a thread about the Packers @49ers I added my comments. We do have the Vikings this weekend. That being said out of all the playoffs teams they are the one I would like to face. Could we lose? Yes I said it before, but if the Packers play a good game they will win. They started out WAY to slow in week 17 and cost them IN MN.

Alex Smith beat the Packers. Most around here seem to think Kaepernicus gives a better shot for the 49ers to win than with Alex Smith so I think the outcome is clear.

Well lets see the OP started a thread about the Packers @49ers I added my comments. We do have the Vikings this weekend. That being said out of all the playoffs teams they are the one I would like to face. Could we lose? Yes I said it before, but if the Packers play a good game they will win. They started out WAY to slow in week 17 and cost them IN MN.
I'm not advocating you look past any playoff team. That said, I'd be absolutely shocked if you guys did not beat the Vikings this weekend. You are the better team without a doubt, and really the team I find the scariest of the NFC. I do not want the Seahawks to go out to Lambeau, although if we do I NEED Russell Wilson scream about how we want the ball and we're going to score. :banned:

As a Packers fan, I gotta say I hate this thread and the attitude of some fellow fans. I expect the Vikings to play every bit as hard this week as they did last week, and in the NFL you just never know who is going to step up and change the out come of a game. As long as they have Peterson, no game is a lock against them, he is a beast and clearly several of our guys wanted no part of him when he gets passed the line. Honestly what have we done to make anyone think any game is a lock? We were OUT PLAYED at home by the Jags, and Zona was right there with us, the Vikings are way better than either of those teams, and we barely beat them a few weeks ago.

I hope we come out and just kick their butts from the start, but nothing about this season says that will happen. But everything about the way we have played them says it won't.

We just lost to this team, it seems a little rude to me to start a thread like this.

As a Packers fan, I gotta say I hate this thread and the attitude of some fellow fans. I expect the Vikings to play every bit as hard this week as they did last week, and in the NFL you just never know who is going to step up and change the out come of a game. As long as they have Peterson, no game is a lock against them, he is a beast and clearly several of our guys wanted no part of him when he gets passed the line. Honestly what have we done to make anyone think any game is a lock? We were OUT PLAYED at home by the Jags, and Zona was right there with us, the Vikings are way better than either of those teams, and we barely beat them a few weeks ago. I hope we come out and just kick their butts from the start, but nothing about this season says that will happen. But everything about the way we have played them says it won't.We just lost to this team, it seems a little rude to me to start a thread like this.
Ah, but this is a fantasy site. I'm trying to figure out the most likely outcomes of the playoff games to use in projections on fantasy performance. I'm not really a fan of either the Pack or the Vikings, or the 49ers for that matter.I'm sure lots of people play in post season games where lineups are set and the number of games played becomes critical. I think the football expertise demonstrated on this board is extraordinary, so I value opinions here. That's why I set the hypothesis that Green Bay beats Minn. If it doesn't, then the Minn backers will have their way with me in the post season league, but I think it's the most likely of the NFC outcomes. I really don't know what to make of GB/SF. Vegas Super Bowl odds imply Vegas sees SF as the winner. But when I see a playoff team with the best QB in football (arguably) against one with a very good QB but a rookie who has never been in the playoffs, I can't bring myself to believe SF should be favored. Does defense always win critical games? Great QBs seem to come through in the 4th Qtr. when the big game is on the line. But, those Vegas guys are pretty good. I'm torn, and I think for valid fantasy football reasons, that's why I posted.

Seattle and green bay this week. Winner of Seattle Washington and San Francisco next. San Francisco in the bowl. Indy and Houston this week. New England and Denver next. Denver in the bowl. Denver wins.

Besides the fact this thread is getting way ahead of itself I still can't figure out why people keep contending it was a blown call at the end of the MNF game. To me a blown call is one that you can review later and obviously conclude was a mistake. I can't say that about that call and if anything lean towards the officials having made the correct call.

As a Packers fan, I gotta say I hate this thread and the attitude of some fellow fans. I expect the Vikings to play every bit as hard this week as they did last week, and in the NFL you just never know who is going to step up and change the out come of a game. As long as they have Peterson, no game is a lock against them, he is a beast and clearly several of our guys wanted no part of him when he gets passed the line. Honestly what have we done to make anyone think any game is a lock? We were OUT PLAYED at home by the Jags, and Zona was right there with us, the Vikings are way better than either of those teams, and we barely beat them a few weeks ago. I hope we come out and just kick their butts from the start, but nothing about this season says that will happen. But everything about the way we have played them says it won't.We just lost to this team, it seems a little rude to me to start a thread like this.
Minnesota game is a win for the Packers before they even play it. The time now is to plan for the 49's

The call was a long time ago. Maybe the focus should be on the Packers and their lack of tackling this weekend. Hopefully someone is or this season will end up over in a week.

'JerseyPaul said:
I guess we can talk about this now.
My take is the same, Denver's just going to wax Baltimore instead of Indy. I really wanted to see Luck vs. Peyton, think it clouded my judgment. Should be a couple of good NFC games though now that Minnesota has been shown the door. Five very good teams there...AFC? 2.

Users who are viewing this thread