What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foo Fighters are the greatest rock and roll band of all time (2 Viewers)

Meh. Theyve said/done this a couple of times. Theyre probably burnt from constant touring and being on the road, and they all have families they like to spend time with. It was almost 4 years between the release of "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" (2007) and "Wasting Light" (2011), although they did release a Greatest Hits CD in 2009.Found an article from 3 years ago:

from http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30465 :

11-12-2009:

Smack on the heels of the release of their Greatest Hits album last week comes word that Foo Fighters are going on an indefinite hiatus. According to Dave Grohl, who founded the band back in 1995, the Greatest Hits album closes a chapter on the group. Grohl feels the breather will give Foo Fighters a renewed sense of purpose and direction, not to mention make them one hot reunion ticket somewhere down the line.

It was just last year about this time, after the wrap of their world tour, that Grohl made a similar announcement, though that hiatus didn’t quite stick. Foo Fighters continued to kick ideas around, played an exclusive concert this past July, and eventually headed back into the studio to record two new songs for inclusion on the Greatest Hits record. ButGrohl maintains that this time is the real deal. He expects the break to be a lengthy one and sees the uncertainty of the band’s future as a positive in terms of opportunity for growth.

11-12-2009
This is nothing new. They will be back. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
just posted to the FF facebook wall:

Hey everyone...Dave here. Just wanted to write and thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you...Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far. I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...But, no gold watches or vacations just yet... I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready... it's coming.Me, Taylor, Nate, Pat, Chris, and Rami... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere...Thank you, thank you, thank you...Dave

For those that missed it, this News related to the Sound City film Grohl is making:

Paul McCartney fronts Nirvana reunion (sort-of) at Sandy benefit gig

History was made at the end of Wednesday's Concert for Sandy Relief when Sir Paul McCartney took the stage with Nirvana surviving members Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Novaselic — as well as guitarist Pat Smear. It was the Nirvana reunion everyone had been talking about … sort of. They didn’t do a Nirvana song; instead, the foursome performed a brand new one.

The tune that Grohl, Novoselic and Smear played with the Beatles legend is called ‘Cut Me Some Slack.’ It wasn’t some Nirvana classic or deep album cut, as much of the pre-show social media chatter suggested.

“So recently, some guys asked me to go and jam with them,” McCartney said midway through his show-closing set, and everyone knew what was coming. “So I showed up, ready to jam. In the middle of it, these guys kept saying, ‘We haven’t played together for years.’ So, you know, I finally understood that I was in the middle of a Nirvana reunion!”

Grohl was grinning like a schoolboy when he appeared, and the group bashed out a raw, sludgy, frenetic rocker that reminded us of Nirvana. Whether it was actually a “reunion” is open to debate, but either way, this was rock history in the making. Seeing Grohl smash away on the skins and sing backup to McCartney was one of those pinch-us-is-this-really-happening moments.

"Tonight I played with Paul McCartney, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear. We did a song that we wrote together. It's a song that we wrote and recorded, no one has ever heard it before so nobody knows it exists," Ghrol said of the performance. "I think people were expecting us to do a Beatles song or a Nirvana song but when I first called Paul to see if he would come jam with us none of us wanted to do a Beatles song or a Nirvana song, we wanted to do a new song so we wrote and recorded a new song in a day and it's heavy as ####."

If the song itself doesn't blow your mind, seeing these four musicians on stage, jamming out together, most definitely will. Seeing Grohl smash away on the skins and sing backup to McCartney was one of those pinch-us-is-this-really-happening moments.

Grohl just did WTF. This is awesome.http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_353_-_dave_grohl
Grohl also did The Nerdist podcast, and I liked it better than the WTF interview. I'm mobile right now so I dont have a direct link, but its worth a quick search with your podcast app.

Meh. Theyve said/done this a couple of times. Theyre probably burnt from constant touring and being on the road, and they all have families they like to spend time with. It was almost 4 years between the release of "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" (2007) and "Wasting Light" (2011), although they did release a Greatest Hits CD in 2009.This is nothing new. They will be back.

:banned:
Quicker than I thought, but great news...Hiatus is OVAH!http://www.avclub.com/articles/after-four-agonizing-months-foo-fighters-call-off,92815/

After four agonizing months, Foo Fighters call off their hiatus

by Marah Eakin February 21, 2013

Well, that supposed Foo Fighters hiatus lasted about four months. At last night’s BRIT awards, Dave Grohl told host James Corden that he was flying back to L.A. today “to start work on a Foo Fighters record.” While there’s still no release date—understandable, considering Grohl and company haven’t spent even one damn day in the studio yet—the frontman says it will be released “eventually.” And thus the world is once again reminded that the word "hiatus" just means "a gap or interruption in space, time, or continuity," not "years and years spent apart."

Grohl has been in the public eye lately for his new documentary, Sound City, which premiered at the Sundance festival in January.

:headbang: :banned:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/02/foo-fighters-are-recording-their-new-album-in-multiple-studios-with-steve-albini-butch-vig/

Foo Fighters are recording their new album in multiple studios, with Steve Albini and Butch Vig

A few weeks ago, Ben Kaye wrote a news piece asking, Are Foo Fighters recording their new album in 12 different studios? It would appear the answer is now a definitive yes.

Although not officially confirmed, Reddit points to a Facebook post that reports of new songs recorded by Dave Grohl & Co. at Washington D.C.s Inner Ear Studios, Chicagos Electrical Audio Studios with Steve Albini, and Los Angeles 606 Studios with Butch Vig.

Theres even photographic evidence to prove it: heres a photo of Grohl with DC musician Pete Stahl outside Inner Eat Studios on Sunday. This would also explain why Grohl was randomly riding a Chicago subway last month.

This juicy bit of news certainly goes hand-in-hand with the previously reported tweet by Twitter fan account FooArchive. Back in January, the user posted a scan of a section from Billboards Over Heard rumors column, which said an insider had told the magazine Grohl is scouting iconic studios in 12 cities for the next Foo album.

So yes, it would appear that Grohls racking up the SkyMiles while recording the highly-anticipated follow-up to 2011′s Wasting Light. Whether or not its a way that no-ones ever done before, well, thats up for you to discern.

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/8632/20140811/foo-fighters-new-album-sonic-highways-release-date-tracklist-dave-grohl-tattoo.htm

When Foo Fighters teased a "huge announcement" for Monday (Aug. 11), it was pretty obvious what was coming: an album release date, title and tracklist for the band's eigth studio effort. As expected, Dave Grohl and co. delivered today by proclaiming that the follow-up to 2011's Wasting Light, Sonic Highways will arrive this November.

Grohl announced the new album release date in style: with some brand new ink and a YouTube video. In a post on Foo Fighters' official website, Grohl got an infinity sign/eight tattoo with the phrase "In the end we all come from what's come before" on his forearm.

In the meanwhile, raucous rock 'n' roll plays in the background (presumably a new Foo Fighters track) and the title of the video gives a few album details...

"Sonic Highways. Album Out Everywhere November 10."

Check out Foo Fighters' Sonic Highways tracklist below:

01. Something From Nothing

02. The Feast and the Famine

03. Congregation

04. What Do I Do?/God As My Witness

05. Outside

06. In The Clear

07. Subterranean

08. I Am A River

According to the pre-release, the album clocks in at just over 44 minutes long.

The official release date and tracklisting for Sonic Highways is just the latest album news from Foo Fighters. The band will roll out the album's new music on an upcoming HBO series of the same name. As previously reported, the show will premiere on Friday, Oct. 17, with a new single on that same day

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/8632/20140811/foo-fighters-new-album-sonic-highways-release-date-tracklist-dave-grohl-tattoo.htm

When Foo Fighters teased a "huge announcement" for Monday (Aug. 11), it was pretty obvious what was coming: an album release date, title and tracklist for the band's eigth studio effort. As expected, Dave Grohl and co. delivered today by proclaiming that the follow-up to 2011's Wasting Light, Sonic Highways will arrive this November.

Grohl announced the new album release date in style: with some brand new ink and a YouTube video. In a post on Foo Fighters' official website, Grohl got an infinity sign/eight tattoo with the phrase "In the end we all come from what's come before" on his forearm.

In the meanwhile, raucous rock 'n' roll plays in the background (presumably a new Foo Fighters track) and the title of the video gives a few album details...

"Sonic Highways. Album Out Everywhere November 10."

Check out Foo Fighters' Sonic Highways tracklist below:

01. Something From Nothing

02. The Feast and the Famine

03. Congregation

04. What Do I Do?/God As My Witness

05. Outside

06. In The Clear

07. Subterranean

08. I Am A River

According to the pre-release, the album clocks in at just over 44 minutes long.

The official release date and tracklisting for Sonic Highways is just the latest album news from Foo Fighters. The band will roll out the album's new music on an upcoming HBO series of the same name. As previously reported, the show will premiere on Friday, Oct. 17, with a new single on that same day
Rock N Roll !!!

New Sonic Highways trailer.

http://youtu.be/rpMySUpzoAE

They recorded in 8 cities, and each of the 8 episodes will be about a different city, with the song from that city played at the end of the episode...so each week we will hear a song from the album.

The Foos are hands down the coolest band out there. I can't friggin wait for this.

Foos to play Letterman for a week

Multiple GRAMMY® Award-winning rock band Foo Fighters will take up residence at the Ed Sullivan Theater for one week when they and special guests perform songs that inspired the creation of their forthcoming album, Sonic Highways, on the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, Monday, Oct. 13-Friday, Oct. 17 (11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl will sit down for an interview with Letterman on Monday, Oct. 13.

The Foo Fighters week on the LATE SHOW will coincide with the Oct. 17 premiere of their eight-part HBO series, Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways. The series chronicles the making of the band's album of the same name, to be released Nov. 10 on Roswell/RCA, which took place in eight American cities Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Seattle and Washington, D.C. Both the series and the album feature local music legends from each city, some of whom will be joining the band during their week-long LATE SHOW visit

Foo fans set your DVRs to record Letterman all this week starting tonight, Dave Grohl and company are taking up residence on the show.

Monday:

Zac Brown flubbed the lyrics at the beginning, it was an OK performance.

Foo Fighters with Zac Brown: "War Pigs"

http://youtu.be/Fv5ekzTubwU
I know Dave is a drum god, but I don't undrestand why Taylor Hawkins gets so much crap about his drumming. He was the highlight of that performance.
I didn't realize Hawkins gets crap for his drumming. I think he is great.
That's my thought as well. Never heard any crap about his drumming.

Monday:

I know Dave is a drum god, but I don't undrestand why Taylor Hawkins gets so much crap about his drumming. He was the highlight of that performance.
Must just be among the musician set I hang with.

Monday:

Must just be among the musician set I hang with.
Hey played with Alanis, he pretty much rulezzz

Users who are viewing this thread