What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foo Fighters are the greatest rock and roll band of all time (1 Viewer)

Debating between going for ga/floor, or something in the 100s, close to the stage. I am old and don't really want to deal with the floor necessarily, but I'm sure my 13-year-old would love it. Tell me this - if we get there late since we're coming from Baltimore, would we end up stuck all the way at the back if we go for floor seats?
Get the floor seats, your sons old enough to be on the floor wilding out by himself and will make it better/more memorable. As for being stuck near the back, anytime I go to a show like that I always hang back until the band comes on stage and then just make my way to the front with the masses who like to get nuts. Its a rock concert, people are gonna be pushing and shoving. If you don't mind bumping a few people to make your way up close then you'll have no problem being near the stage.

In for two at Philly. I went for the old man seats: Section 111, Row 4, Seats 1-2 -- love being on the aisle! The show is four months away and I'm already thinking about getting out of the arena as quickly as possible when it ends so we can hit the road for Baltimore.

I am so looking forward to telling my son. Of course, we did the same thing with U2: got tix the day they want on sale, months before the show. And then by the day of the concert, he was way less interested in U2 than the Foo Fighters. Hopefully he'll maintain his enthusiasm until November.

My tickets say "Section: GEN2", Description: "general admission floor". Is there a "priority" GA section (GEN1) or something, or is it all the same?

Going to the rock show tonight!

Not looking forward to work on Monday morning considering all the other show reviews say to expect a 3 hour, 25 song set.

Holy #### am I pumped for this evening though. My first Foo show.

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Word of advice if you're attending a Foos show: wear earplugs. My ears have never worked as poorly as they are now following that epic 3 hours last night. This was my first arena concert of any type. I don't go to many shows, and the ones I've been to have been smaller or open air. What a ride.

Even though I read spoilers from some other recent shows, nothing was a let down at all. They open with a couple of the new tunes and close with a 5 song encore. If you want to hear Everlong, you have to stay until the very end.

If they've yet to hit your town, GO! Grohl and especially Hawkins are machines to have the endurance needed for that put on the kind of show 20 year olds would probably struggle with.

'azgroover said:
Word of advice if you're attending a Foos show: wear earplugs. My ears have never worked as poorly as they are now following that epic 3 hours last night. This was my first arena concert of any type. I don't go to many shows, and the ones I've been to have been smaller or open air. What a ride. Even though I read spoilers from some other recent shows, nothing was a let down at all. They open with a couple of the new tunes and close with a 5 song encore. If you want to hear Everlong, you have to stay until the very end.If they've yet to hit your town, GO! Grohl and especially Hawkins are machines to have the endurance needed for that put on the kind of show 20 year olds would probably struggle with.
I was there last night too and was blown away by how great of show Dave and gang put on.

My tickets say "Section: GEN2", Description: "general admission floor". Is there a "priority" GA section (GEN1) or something, or is it all the same?
Pretty sure it's all the same. If you don't get to the front near the stage, don't fret, just get to the middle. Dave patrols a catwalk that extends all the way across the floor section and at one point conducts a good portion of the show from the back in order to throw a bone to those that have the crappy seats. So basically the back of the floor section becomes the front at times.

How early do I need to get there to get up front? Sound quality up front vs middle? Will they rock my face off? TIAs.

How early do I need to get there to get up front? Sound quality up front vs middle? Will they rock my face off? TIAs.
Not sure, I had seats.The doors opened at 6 for a 7pm show. Foo hit the stage at about 8:45, which is pretty consistent with some other reviews from previous stops that said about 8:30.Once Cage The Elephant starts into "Shake Me Down", it's a good time to hit the restroom, grab a brew, etc. They close out their gig with that song before the Foo roadies start prepping the stage for your entree.Eta: disregard my info if you're doing the Boston show. Just saw you have a different opening act.Also, damn I wish I was in San Diego tonight, I wanna do it again.

I had floor seats and ended up in the middle right next to catwalk and it was a great place to be. The sound is great right there and was about 2 feet away from Dave a couple times. I was there prior to the first opening band but I left my spot a couple times. It didn't get too crowded until the Foo Fighters set started. If you want to get up front you'd probably need to be half an hour early before the opening band goes on and I don't think it's worth it. Dave spent a good portion of the concert on the catwalk or performing towards the band of the area.

Not sure, I had seats.The doors opened at 6 for a 7pm show. Foo hit the stage at about 8:45, which is pretty consistent with some other reviews from previous stops that said about 8:30.Once Cage The Elephant starts into "Shake Me Down", it's a good time to hit the restroom, grab a brew, etc. They close out their gig with that song before the Foo roadies start prepping the stage for your entree.Eta: disregard my info if you're doing the Boston show. Just saw you have a different opening act.Also, damn I wish I was in San Diego tonight, I wanna do it again.
Foo Fighters play a 3 hour set?

Agree with the loudness, but I have some ear issues. Kinda snuck into a suite in Denver and so it didn't matter. But dow low in LA, a few seats up from the floor and kind of at the corner of the stage, me and a few others had to put #### in our ears...

Instead of leaving to get a napkin or whatever, I just tear pieces of a dollar bill up. Bill will still be accepted, btw. :thumbup:

Yeah they played extended versions of a lot of their big hits. I had a hard time believing it when Dave said they were aiming to play for 3 hours but they pulled it off.

Yeah they played extended versions of a lot of their big hits. I had a hard time believing it when Dave said they were aiming to play for 3 hours but they pulled it off.
Awesome :thumbup: Excited for the Atlanta show!!

Agree with the loudness, but I have some ear issues. Kinda snuck into a suite in Denver and so it didn't matter. But dow low in LA, a few seats up from the floor and kind of at the corner of the stage, me and a few others had to put #### in our ears...Instead of leaving to get a napkin or whatever, I just tear pieces of a dollar bill up. Bill will still be accepted, btw. :thumbup:
Did Dave tell both cities that they were the loudest crowds he's heard on the tour?He mentioned it last night to the AZ crowd and also said he "doesn't just say that ####"

Agree with the loudness, but I have some ear issues. Kinda snuck into a suite in Denver and so it didn't matter. But dow low in LA, a few seats up from the floor and kind of at the corner of the stage, me and a few others had to put #### in our ears...Instead of leaving to get a napkin or whatever, I just tear pieces of a dollar bill up. Bill will still be accepted, btw. :thumbup:
Did Dave tell both cities that they were the loudest crowds he's heard on the tour?He mentioned it last night to the AZ crowd and also said he "doesn't just say that ####"
Haha, that's funny. No idea about LA, all a blur, but he absolutely said as much in Denver. He went on to say how great Denver was and stuff...crowd ate it up, of course.

He said Pgh was the loudest, didn't say that in Cleveland. If you wanna get near the front you can just work your way up as soon as the opening act gets finished. I was almost on the rail in both Pgh and Cleveland during the opening act, Rise against.

I've been to many shows louder than that, maybe my hearing sucks because of that but it didn't seem loud to me. The loudest part of the show was when Dave was getting the people to scream back at the band. Being on the floor while everybody is screaming down towards you.

Felt like the place was shaking. I was thinking about how amazing it would be, to be an athlete in that situation where it seems like the building is moving.

No Florida show...I'm bummed, I've been waiting for them to come back here, I planned on getting GA floor tickets... :angry:

Phoenix 10/16 ### kickin setlist:

Bridge Burning

Rope

The Pretender

My Hero

Learn to Fly

White Limo

Arlandria

Breakout

Cold Day in the Sun

Stacked Actors

Nate & Dave's guitar battle

Walk

Monkey Wrench

Let it Die

These Days

This is a Call > Into the Flesh (Pink Floyd cover)

All My Life

-----------

Wheels (Dave solo acoustic)

Best of You (Dave solo acoustic)

Times Like These (half acoustic)

Dear Rosemary

Breakdown (Tom Petty cover)

Everlong

Can't wait for the rock show on the 2nd. Trying to decide if I should take the next day off of work. Leaning towards yes so I can enjoy the show to the fullest. :banned:

Can't wait for the rock show on the 2nd. Trying to decide if I should take the next day off of work. Leaning towards yes so I can enjoy the show to the fullest. :banned:
At least give yourself the morning off. I had to cut myself off the :banned: right around "Arlandria" to make sure I could make the 30 min drive home OK.

At least give yourself the morning off. I had to cut myself off the :banned: right around "Arlandria" to make sure I could make the 30 min drive home OK.
Well I start work at 6:30 am So if I take the morning off it's almost the whole day. It will be all or nothing I think.

Well I start work at 6:30 am So if I take the morning off it's almost the whole day. It will be all or nothing I think.
Do the whole day.These school night concerts can eat it.

Phoenix 10/16 ### kickin setlist:Bridge BurningRopeThe PretenderMy HeroLearn to FlyWhite LimoArlandriaBreakoutCold Day in the SunStacked ActorsNate & Dave's guitar battleWalkMonkey WrenchLet it DieThese DaysThis is a Call > Into the Flesh (Pink Floyd cover)All My Life-----------Wheels (Dave solo acoustic)Best of You (Dave solo acoustic)Times Like These (half acoustic)Dear RosemaryBreakdown (Tom Petty cover)Everlong
Wow, that's one of the best sets I've ever seen for any artist. I'm jealous of those of you getting to see these shows.

Phoenix 10/16 ### kickin setlist:Bridge BurningRopeThe PretenderMy HeroLearn to FlyWhite LimoArlandriaBreakoutCold Day in the SunStacked ActorsNate & Dave's guitar battleWalkMonkey WrenchLet it DieThese DaysThis is a Call > Into the Flesh (Pink Floyd cover)All My Life-----------Wheels (Dave solo acoustic)Best of You (Dave solo acoustic)Times Like These (half acoustic)Dear RosemaryBreakdown (Tom Petty cover)Everlong
Wow, that's one of the best sets I've ever seen for any artist. I'm jealous of those of you getting to see these shows.
Yeah, I feel fortunate they came to town. Luckily, Phoenix is situated nicely right near LA and Vegas where just about every artist stops along the way just to have a show and make some quick cash (on work nights of course).I agree that the setlist is just sick. I found myself listening to "These Days" more often today and yesterday after Grohl mentioned it was his favorite song he's ever written.

Totally agree about the loudness of their recent shows. A group of us went and saw them about a month ago, and it was so loud, several of us had to take a 10-minute break in the middle of the show, as it was becoming just a blur of white noise. I get that rock shows should be loud, but when they are deafeningly loud like that, it takes away from the experience a little bit. Easily one of the three loudest concerts I've ever witnessed.

Do the whole day.These school night concerts can eat it.
Decided to take the whole day off. The wife has told me she will be DD. Should be a great night. :thumbup:

Seeing them tomorrow night across the border in Vancouver, BC - can't wait :headbang:

Seeing them tomorrow night across the border in Vancouver, BC - can't wait :headbang:
:bye: to your hearingreport back with how ####### awesome the show went

:bye: to your hearingreport back with how ####### awesome the show went
Update:Will be going to the Rock Show Tuesday. :headbang:

Been to atleast 100 rock shows, and I just saw the Foos. Have to agree...what the hell are these guys doing sound-wise? I was about 20 rows back, left floor... and it was painfully loud. The 5 people I went to the show with still have ringing in their ears. Great times...you pretty much get what you expect at a Foos show. You seen one, you seen em all. But, they are great at it.

Well tonight the night. :banned:

Any tips from people that have seen the show? Best place to stand to get a good view? Best time to go get beers? How were the two opening bands? I know a few song from Cage The Elephant but the first band sounds so so.

Well tonight the night. :banned: Any tips from people that have seen the show? Best place to stand to get a good view? Best time to go get beers? How were the two opening bands? I know a few song from Cage The Elephant but the first band sounds so so.
Update?

Users who are viewing this thread