What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys for 2017 - New Stuff / Ask Questions Here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this working for you guys now on the cloud authentication? Again, the boards are probably the slowest way for us to hear about something. If this comes up again, please shoot an email to our Clayton Gray at gray@footballguys.com  Thanks.

J

Just paid up again. IDP rankings and talk are near zero. I coach high school football during the season and count on you guys to do the work for me. 

Just paid up again. IDP rankings and talk are near zero. I coach high school football during the season and count on you guys to do the work for me. 
Thanks anakin. We'll be working on content here soon. For most of our stuff that's not dynasty, the content will start flowing after the NFL Draft. That's our schedule every year. Thanks and let's have a great 2017.

J

I think trying to teach people how to play the DFS side of this "hobby" is a mistake.Your trying to
teach and give out info of what is a new style of the lottery. FBGuys are going up against Ex Wall
Street types with huge analytical power/programs and are taking in 80% to 90%+ of the pot.

I know you have to do this but do not sacrifice the basic 12 team season FF players end of it.

Those DFS website/backers are helping to fund the recent push against MFL 10'S Leagues that
support the basic FF format-12 teams, $10 buy in.

Is this working for you guys now on the cloud authentication? Again, the boards are probably the slowest way for us to hear about something. If this comes up again, please shoot an email to our Clayton Gray at gray@footballguys.com  Thanks.

J
I don't even have a "Synch now" button now.

I don't even have a "Synch now" button now.
Can you lay out exactly what you're trying to do with exactly what feature? Most all the cloud synchronization is not in operation yet. But maybe we're not understanding what you're trying to do. Please lay out exactly what you're trying to do here and Keith and Simon can take a look. Thanks.

J

If cloud isn't in operation I can't do what I want.  I wanted to synch up my rosters in all leagues - dynasty leagues are off and running for 2017 and have had waiver runs, with more scheduled, so I want to see who is still available.  I can't get to the main cloud menu to add a new league either.

I sent an email to the address indicated as well.

If cloud isn't in operation I can't do what I want.  I wanted to synch up my rosters in all leagues - dynasty leagues are off and running for 2017 and have had waiver runs, with more scheduled, so I want to see who is still available.  I can't get to the main cloud menu to add a new league either.

I sent an email to the address indicated as well.

Thanks. I understand now. MyFBG is not in operation yet and will be available late June. We apologize for it not being ready now but as we've talked about here, we have a new system in place to replace the system we had last year that had trouble spots for folks. For the future, the goal is for MyFBG to be available year round to handle things like you're talking about here. 

J

How come there haven't been any rookie updated rankings in the last 30 days? I understand they haven't been drafted yet, but it seems like there should have been some updated rankings after the combine.

msudaisy26 said:
How come there haven't been any rookie updated rankings in the last 30 days? I understand they haven't been drafted yet, but it seems like there should have been some updated rankings after the combine.

Hi Msudaisy,

We always add rookies into the database right when they're drafted in the NFL Draft and have rankings soon after. 

Thanks.

J

Why not add rookies into the database sooner and have pre-draft rankings now?
We just don't feel confident the rankings would have any value before we know the situation they're going into. This is how we've always done our Rookie Rankings and it's the only way we feel confident enough in the content we're putting out. 

J

We just don't feel confident the rankings would have any value before we know the situation they're going into. This is how we've always done our Rookie Rankings and it's the only way we feel confident enough in the content we're putting out. 

J
We all know the accuracy of the rookie rankings will improve after the situation for each rookie is known.

That being said, I think many of us would appreciate some time and effort being put into predraft rookie rankings in the future.

J
Keep pushing this, I feel most rankings are crap. Rookie rankings before they get any training camp reps are complete crap. 
Trying to rank the FF preseason relevent RB's in Denver, Baltimore, Jax and Tampa is ??? Until we see how the O-line, Scheme
and depth chart pan out rankings (without commentary) are wasting this staff's time.

We need ANALYSIS of the rankings and why that FA RB that didn't get drafted fits the team/scheme better then the group think
of "Well the backup RB is going to win the job".

Joe, I know your going to preach about giving the customer what they want-but sometimes the customer is wrong. This is 
preseason noise and we want content to chew over and talk about. PLEASE, do not attempt to spend time on stuff that will
not be relevant (or worthless) three month's from now.    

J
So make rankings based on talent, and combine testing. A lot of people draft based on talent over situation. There are also some leagues that draft their rookies before the NFL draft and there are lots of start ups/MFL10's/FFPC leagues that are already drafting.

By the way kudos to you and the rest of the football guys staff for coming up with the new refund policy for this year, very creative and very thoughtful for your subscribers that use it.

Edit: The rankings don't even have to go super deep, maybe go the top 20 or 24 rookies for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

J
Respectfully, I disagree.  If you have guys that are analyzing these rookies now and putting out rankings then we get to see what they are ranked at using talent alone.  Of course, situation will change those rankings after the draft but there's plenty of value in putting out rankings after the combine.

Respectfully, I disagree.  If you have guys that are analyzing these rookies now and putting out rankings then we get to see what they are ranked at using talent alone.  Of course, situation will change those rankings after the draft but there's plenty of value in putting out rankings after the combine.
And add to that....your competing web sites have rookie rankings, so if you want to be a player in the dynasty game, you need rookie rankings BEFORE the NFL draft.

2 cents. 

J
That's what dynasty is all about - making a first swag at them based on talent and adjusting for actual landing spot.  Anyone that gives one single flip about rookie rankings in March does so because they are in a dynasty league, and know how subject they are to change.  If you are going to make a commitment to providing dynasty content, it starts right here.  Otherwise this is just 5 pages of noise.

That's what dynasty is all about - making a first swag at them based on talent and adjusting for actual landing spot.  Anyone that gives one single flip about rookie rankings in March does so because they are in a dynasty league, and know how subject they are to change.  If you are going to make a commitment to providing dynasty content, it starts right here.  Otherwise this is just 5 pages of noise.
:goodposting:

Bingo.

I couldn't find anywhere to post this question but is the Audible planning on doing a draft night hangout on youtube for the first 2 nights of the draft like last year? Espn's coverage sucks and the NFL network isn't much better. And I can't take the commercials after every pick. I really hope this happens. 

Thanks Guys. And for sure, there will be things we disagree on. Joey asked early on what our position was on Dynasty for this coming year and I answered, 

Hi Joey,

My expectation would be to keep our Dynasty Content essentially equal to what we did for the 2016 season. 

That hasn't changed. I understand we may disagree there and there will surely be more things where we have folks disagree. And we'll take a look at this for you.

But please make sure I'm clear. I started this thread to have some communication with folks who wanted to ask questions. I wish we could make this an "ask for a feature and we'll create it" thing. But it's just simply not possible. This is a place to ask questions and we'll do our best to answer. Even if it's an answer someone doesn't like, unfortunately. If not getting the answer people want makes this thread worthless, it's probably time to close it. 

For pre draft rookie rankings, I love our Bloom's Pre Draft Top 100 from Sigmund Bloom . And we'll continue to have articles like Dan Hindery's new article here with a detailed Dynasty Value Chart that does take into account rookies. That's a case where a small portion of the article is too speculative for our liking but overall, with the veteran players it's projections we feel comfortable making. 

J

I couldn't find anywhere to post this question but is the Audible planning on doing a draft night hangout on youtube for the first 2 nights of the draft like last year? Espn's coverage sucks and the NFL network isn't much better. And I can't take the commercials after every pick. I really hope this happens. 

Thanks steeler. I'm not sure of Cecil and Sig's plan there and I'll ask them. I agree they do a fantastic job with that. 

J

So make rankings based on talent, and combine testing. A lot of people draft based on talent over situation. There are also some leagues that draft their rookies before the NFL draft and there are lots of start ups/MFL10's/FFPC leagues that are already drafting.

By the way kudos to you and the rest of the football guys staff for coming up with the new refund policy for this year, very creative and very thoughtful for your subscribers that use it.

Edit: The rankings don't even have to go super deep, maybe go the top 20 or 24 rookies for now.

Thanks. Something like that might be feasible. It's completely separate from their dynasty value in a 2017 league but it more of an NFL Draft value. We'll take a look there.

J

It's not set in stone Steeler, but Sigmund is hoping to be able to host a show on the Youtbube channel Thursday and Friday night.

J

Thanks. Something like that might be feasible. It's completely separate from their dynasty value in a 2017 league but it more of an NFL Draft value. We'll take a look there.

J
I think most dynasty people, and those of us here asking for it, don't believe those are mutually exclusive.  There is very strong correlation between NFL draft spot and dynasty value.  Guys just don't draft Noah Brown at 1.04 if he's a 6th round talent.  If Dalvin Cook is a stud RB that the NFL is going to draft early, he's going to be a top dynasty asset.  If you're expecting us to demand much more than this pre-draft, you can rest assured we won't.  Post-draft will be a much bigger opportunity to analyze scheme fit, depth chart and snap count opportunities, QB/WR relationship, etc.  But pre-draft pretty much all we (I, anyway) want is:

1. Overall talent level
2.  Diversity of skill set
3.  How much of those will translate into the NFL, generally.
4.  A tiny sneak peak into where they might fit best - Fournette to an I-formation based team, McCaffrey to a creative multi-purpose offense, etc.

I think most dynasty people, and those of us here asking for it, don't believe those are mutually exclusive.  There is very strong correlation between NFL draft spot and dynasty value.  Guys just don't draft Noah Brown at 1.04 if he's a 6th round talent.  If Dalvin Cook is a stud RB that the NFL is going to draft early, he's going to be a top dynasty asset.  If you're expecting us to demand much more than this pre-draft, you can rest assured we won't.  Post-draft will be a much bigger opportunity to analyze scheme fit, depth chart and snap count opportunities, QB/WR relationship, etc.  But pre-draft pretty much all we (I, anyway) want is:

1. Overall talent level
2.  Diversity of skill set
3.  How much of those will translate into the NFL, generally.
4.  A tiny sneak peak into where they might fit best - Fournette to an I-formation based team, McCaffrey to a creative multi-purpose offense, etc.

Thanks. I hear you. We'll hit on a ton all that in much better detail than just a ranking can give like with Bloom's Top 100 here soon. And I'm working on getting something from our Matt Waldman on this who is the best Draft Guy I know. 

Again, we'll do our best here to answer questions. This won't be a "ask anything and it happens" thread. We want to do our best to communicate and try to answer questions while seeing what you folks are thinking. I guarantee we won't be able to do all that's asked. But we'll do our best to give you the best content we can.

J

Thanks. I hear you. We'll hit on a ton all that in much better detail than just a ranking can give like with Bloom's Top 100 here soon. And I'm working on getting something from our Matt Waldman on this who is the best Draft Guy I know. 

Again, we'll do our best here to answer questions. This won't be a "ask anything and it happens" thread. We want to do our best to communicate and try to answer questions while seeing what you folks are thinking. I guarantee we won't be able to do all that's asked. But we'll do our best to give you the best content we can.

J
That's a great article but A - it's out pretty late.  Even a slimmed down rankings-only version of that coming in March would go a long way;  B - It's called his top 100 but I can only find the 1-25 and 26-50 articles.

That's a great article but A - it's out pretty late.  Even a slimmed down rankings-only version of that coming in March would go a long way;  B - It's called his top 100 but I can only find the 1-25 and 26-50 articles.

Cool. We will consider that for next season.  Not sure what we can do but we'll look. For Bloom's article, he did the first 25 and then 26-100 in another article that followed. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=bloom1002016pd_26-100

J

Ok Guys. 

I heard what you're saying about Rookie Rankings and I was able to rally the folks that we needed to put this together and we have our first Rookie Rankings up now.

As I said earlier, these will likely change WILDLY based on where a player is drafted and as we learn more about the players.  I know the highlighting isn't working yet for when you click on individual positions. We'll figure out what's going on there. And we'll have more Staffers ranking soon. But here's the first cut. 

J

Ok Guys. 

I heard what you're saying about Rookie Rankings and I was able to rally the folks that we needed to put this together and we have our first Rookie Rankings up now.

As I said earlier, these will likely change WILDLY based on where a player is drafted and as we learn more about the players.  I know the highlighting isn't working yet for when you click on individual positions. We'll figure out what's going on there. And we'll have more Staffers ranking soon. But here's the first cut. 

J
now THAT'S the customer service we expect from this great site. I've been a subscriber forever and with you since the cheatsheet.net days, so thanks so much for this Joe and the whole team!

Question for you guys. The highlighting of positions is now working on the Rookie list.

The way we've always done this is the overall list still displays and when you click on a position in the drop down box, that position is highlighted among the overall list. Does this work for you guys? It seems to us it's better this way than clicking back and forth to a position list that just shows a small number of players.

Question for you guys. The highlighting of positions is now working on the Rookie list.

The way we've always done this is the overall list still displays and when you click on a position in the drop down box, that position is highlighted among the overall list. Does this work for you guys? It seems to us it's better this way than clicking back and forth to a position list that just shows a small number of players.

Agreed. For such a small list of players, the highlighting makes sense. 

Cool. We'll keep the rookie rankings like this with players highlighting on the overall list for this year at least (and maybe forever). I do like the view. It works with a relatively small number of players like the rookies.

J

JB...

Im not sure what lit a fire under FBG's collective @$$ but in one short month you guys have really been killing it.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Dope said:
JB...

Im not sure what lit a fire under FBG's collective @$$...
It was subscription renewal time.

Hopefully, the current level of "give a sh** will continue even after we've all paid, and for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread