What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys for 2017 - New Stuff / Ask Questions Here (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up on this off season article, Joe. 

I look at the off season content and it's a nice long list but, as I mentioned earlier, it's hard to remember which ones I've read already or not. 

May I kindly ask once again to have your writers please put the date published with the article?

i don't think you need any fancy tech to have a date field attached to an article title, simply MANDATE that all your writers always include the date published in the title of their article and it's a low tech solution. 

Can you send that message to your writers so articles have dates from here on out?

Thanks for the heads up on this off season article, Joe. 

I look at the off season content and it's a nice long list but, as I mentioned earlier, it's hard to remember which ones I've read already or not. 

May I kindly ask once again to have your writers please put the date published with the article?

i don't think you need any fancy tech to have a date field attached to an article title, simply MANDATE that all your writers always include the date published in the title of their article and it's a low tech solution. 

Can you send that message to your writers so articles have dates from here on out?
Bottom right corner of the picture at the top of the article.

Bottom right corner of the picture at the top of the article.
I know but I have to click on every single article in that giant list to see the date. Back and forth. Over and over. 

Just put  the date as part of the article title in the loooong index of articles and the issue is solved. 

When I look at the articles page:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/current-articles.php

there is a date after every article.  Has been for a while.  
Well. That's interesting. I've never been to that page in all these years. That's exactly the feature I'd like on ALL pages with lists of articles. I've been going to the "off-season content" page

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=offseason2017menu

which has a giant list of (great) articles but no way in hell for I remember which ones I've read or not when guided to that page from the FBG home page. 

Thanks for that other link though. 

Well. That's interesting. I've never been to that page in all these years. That's exactly the feature I'd like on ALL pages with lists of articles. I've been going to the "off-season content" page

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=offseason2017menu

which has a giant list of (great) articles but no way in hell for I remember which ones I've read or not when guided to that page from the FBG home page. 

Thanks for that other link though. 
Interesting indeed.  I've not been to that page in years!  Odd that they would have two entirely different indexes on the same site.

I must agree with you, that one you linked desperately needs date stamps or "I've read this already" shading on the links.  I can't even tell if the articles update top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top on that page...

Joe Bryant said:
Hey Guys.

I asked our Sigmund Bloom to tweak and he added dates to the Offseason Page so you can easily see when an article was created. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=offseason2017menu  

J
Hey Joe, thanks! Having the dates posted really helps.

You know what would be even better? It would be spectacular if ALL site pages (with lists of links to articles) were formatted exactly the same. I'm tallking about consistency in presentation of lists of links to articles throughout the FBG website. How is there not a standard for how those article links are presented to subscribers throughout all the website pages?

One other little thing though. Bramel's April Offensive Injury Rounds still is mis-linked......it tries to head to February. I've already emailed Clayton and gotten no response......it's been a week or two now.

Rody

Hey Joe, thanks! Having the dates posted really helps.

You know what would be even better? It would be spectacular if ALL site pages (with lists of links to articles) were formatted exactly the same. I'm tallking about consistency in presentation of lists of links to articles throughout the FBG website. How is there not a standard for how those article links are presented to subscribers throughout all the website pages?

One other little thing though. Bramel's April Offensive Injury Rounds still is mis-linked......it tries to head to February. I've already emailed Clayton and gotten no response......it's been a week or two now.

Rody

Hi Rody,

See if this works http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=17bramel_february_injury_rounds

It's working as well from the Offseason page http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=offseason2017menu   Is that where you'd seen it when it wasn't working?

And we'll look at pulling some things together to have them all in the same format. 

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rody,

See if this works http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=17bramel_february_injury_rounds

It's working as well from the Offseason page http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=offseason2017menu   Is that where you'd seen it when it wasn't working?

And we'll look at pulling some things together to have them all in the same format. 

J
The first link you provided works. The second leads to the Offseason Content Menu and the link  in there, meant to head to the April Injury Rounds - Offense, does not work. Just tried it.

The first link you provided works. The second leads to the Offseason Content Menu and the link  in there, meant to head to the April Injury Rounds - Offense, does not work. Just tried it.

Thanks. We'll fix the link. The naming is weird as Jene starts these in February and builds on them with updates.

J

Thanks for the good words, Guys. And thanks for the feedback. You guys have been helpful to me. It's a tricky spot as obviously we can't do everything people ask. And often, it turns into "Joe doesn't care or listen" when we're not able to do someone's idea. (Which very often is a good idea that we don't have the manpower to handle). You guys have been super cool about how you're giving feedback on this in a way that's been constructive and helpful. Thanks. 

J

Will the 2017 version of MyFBG be ready to roll out soon? Or, in other words......WHEN do you anticipate it being ready? 

MyFBG and the Classic Draft Dominator are the tools I use extensively each year.

Will the 2017 version of MyFBG be ready to roll out soon? Or, in other words......WHEN do you anticipate it being ready? 

MyFBG and the Classic Draft Dominator are the tools I use extensively each year.

We're anticipating July 1 for MyFBG. 

Thanks.

J

We're anticipating July 1 for MyFBG. 

Thanks.

J
Thanks for the reply Joe. I hope you guys hit that target date. I also hope it actually works. Last year's debacle was infuriating to me. 

I play in a long running keeper/dynasty league and not having the MyFBG during these past two off seasons has been frustrating to say the least.

One more question if you don't mind: How soon can we Beta Testers be expecting to get a hold of the Mobile DD platform? Will it be ready for testing soon?

Rody

Thanks for the reply Joe. I hope you guys hit that target date. I also hope it actually works. Last year's debacle was infuriating to me. 

I play in a long running keeper/dynasty league and not having the MyFBG during these past two off seasons has been frustrating to say the least.

One more question if you don't mind: How soon can we Beta Testers be expecting to get a hold of the Mobile DD platform? Will it be ready for testing soon?

Rody

Stay tuned on the DD app testers. We hope to start testing there in a few weeks and we'll likely use the boards here to get some recruits. 

J

I've been a member for almost a decade now.  I just wanted to say thanks.  I think you all do great work.  Joe I know you have another massive business you run as well with the boats.  And David "The bestest FanDueal Blog Evah" is a real gem you just give away for nothing.  You all have increased my fantasy football knowledge so much that I now generally just use your articles to validate most of my own thoughts.  

The difficulties last year with the MyFBG stuff was a pain, but hey that is life - things don't go perfect.  Last year was the first hiccup I had experienced in my decade of subscription.  I will be sticking around for a long time to come and look forward the the improvements you make this year....hiccups and all.

Are you going to bring back the 3-year subscription?  That has always been my bread and butter as I don't have to fool with it but once every three years.

P.s. if you could pair up the league sync with RealitySportsOnline that would be a sweet add....but I'm guessing that is more of a niche crowd.  

Cheers!

I've been a member for almost a decade now.  I just wanted to say thanks.  I think you all do great work.  Joe I know you have another massive business you run as well with the boats.  And David "The bestest FanDueal Blog Evah" is a real gem you just give away for nothing.  You all have increased my fantasy football knowledge so much that I now generally just use your articles to validate most of my own thoughts.  

The difficulties last year with the MyFBG stuff was a pain, but hey that is life - things don't go perfect.  Last year was the first hiccup I had experienced in my decade of subscription.  I will be sticking around for a long time to come and look forward the the improvements you make this year....hiccups and all.

Are you going to bring back the 3-year subscription?  That has always been my bread and butter as I don't have to fool with it but once every three years.

P.s. if you could pair up the league sync with RealitySportsOnline that would be a sweet add....but I'm guessing that is more of a niche crowd.  

Cheers!

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the kind words. We no longer have the 3 year subscription. The good news is the One Year deal is being offered for a couple more weeks at the Early Bird Price.  Jump on it and save some money. We don't have RSO synching with MyFBG this year but it's something we'll look at. FanTrax is another we'd like to add. But as you can imagine, we want to focus on nailing MyFBG with the bigger league providers first to make sure it's all working. Thanks Buddy.

J

Rody
:goodposting: As a dynasty owner it would be very nice if we could get the old MyFBG running until the new version is ready to roll, but I realize that could push back the date of the availability.  It has been very frustrating the last 2 offseasons not having it for they dynasty leagues so can't wait to get it up and rolling again.

:goodposting: As a dynasty owner it would be very nice if we could get the old MyFBG running until the new version is ready to roll, but I realize that could push back the date of the availability.  It has been very frustrating the last 2 offseasons not having it for they dynasty leagues so can't wait to get it up and rolling again.

Hi snellman. Thanks and I hear you but it's not an either / or thing. July 1 is our target date. Thanks.

J

Any plans to hook up MyFBG with Fantrax this year?
Not this year. Same as with Reality Sports Online, we want to make sure it's working on our current partners first.

NFL, ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, MFL, RT Sports, Flea Flicker and FFPC are planned for this year.

J

Rad new project for upgrading our 186 Cheatsheet Features.

Good stuff here. Let me walk you through how this went down.One of the things we learned this year from our Survey is that the printed 186 Cheatsheets feature where Clayton takes David's projections and runs them through the VBD Excel App to get a bunch of different cheatsheets is WILDLY popular. People love it. And I totally see why. Even with all the technology, a HUGE number of people are like Bill Belichick and like a paper copy. Not a thing in the world wrong with that. 

Having that knowledge under our belt that the printed cheatsheets are hugely popular, we started thinking a few things.1. These take a good bit of time for Clayton to produce each week.2. They're not as timely as they could be as Clayton is busy and can't always drop everything to create these as soon as new projections are released.3. Since they're using the old VBD Excel App, the value logic isn't as good as what we have in the Draft Dominator. 4. 186 Cheatsheets are pretty cool. But we're guys. More has to be better, right?Knowing this stuff - I put the challenge to our guys. Can we make this better?1. Can it be hyper current as in we have new cheatsheets as soon as David updates projections?2. Can we have cheatsheets using the better value algorithms we have?3. Can we have way more than 186 different versions of these cheatsheets?Because Simon and Keith and Brian and Michael and David are rock stars, the answer was yes.

Check out the forum post here and you can see what we're up to. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/755987-footballguys-2017-new-cheatsheets-testing/Great job Simon and Team.

J

Noticing some wierd things in the dynasty rankings right now...the following are typical:

For Mike Evans, Jeff Tefertiller writes "Many have Evans rated higher.  I love him for dynasty but worry he will be overdrafted for redraft."  Yet Jeff has him ranked #1.  How can anyone have him higher than 1?  Jeff also calls Antonio Brown his "defacto WR1 in all formats" yet has him ranked below Beckham and Evans.

Jason Wood improbably has Michael Thomas ranked 32nd.  So when I go to see why, his note says:  "Before I ran my first set of 2017 projections, I would never have expected Thomas to rank this high."  Wow...he expects last year's top-10 WR to come in far below 32?  "However his rookie season and the absence of Brandon Cooks all but guarantee a place for Thomas among the fantasy WR1s."  Yet he has him as the 14th WR in his rankings.  [He did have a typo about 2107 projections.  I suppose if that wasn't a typo, I can see why he'd be down on Thomas.  Unlikely he still sees 100 targets at age 114...]

Didn't take long to run into these and others...something wrong in the "translate projections to rankings" algorithm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread