What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forum Bots - Please Report - Any Idea Why? (2 Viewers)

I wonder if this site has been scraped yet for AI training. And if it has how long until "shuke" becomes a standard verb and inducted into the dictionary?
When ChatGPT starts ending it's responses with "GLLLL Peas" we will know it is the beginning of the end.
The phrase "GLLLL Peas" is likely a variation of the popular gamer slang "GLHF," which stands for "Good Luck, Have Fun." It's a courteous and friendly expression often used at the beginning of multiplayer online games to wish opponents or teammates well before starting a match. The addition of the repeated letter "L" in "GLLLL" might be a playful or exaggerated way of extending the well-wishes. "Peas" is a humorous misspelling or abbreviation of "peace," often used as a lighthearted sign-off. So, "GLLLL Peas" essentially means "Good Luck, Have Fun, Peace."
Well played, ChatGPT...well played.

Have we considered asking the bots why they are here?
Just asked ChatGPT…

“Bots posting on the Footballguys forum may be doing so to generate spam, promote fraudulent products or services, or manipulate discussions and spread misinformation. They may also be used to artificially inflate engagement metrics or drive traffic to specific websites. In some cases, bots may be used by individuals or organizations to disrupt the community and cause chaos. It is important for forum moderators to identify and remove bots to maintain the integrity and quality of discussions on the platform.”

Have we considered asking the bots why they are here?
Just asked ChatGPT…

“Bots posting on the Footballguys forum may be doing so to generate spam, promote fraudulent products or services, or manipulate discussions and spread misinformation. They may also be used to artificially inflate engagement metrics or drive traffic to specific websites. In some cases, bots may be used by individuals or organizations to disrupt the community and cause chaos. It is important for forum moderators to identify and remove bots to maintain the integrity and quality of discussions on the platform.”
So the Bots want a yoga pants thread?

Just seems so odd.

And definitely new.
Reddit has a big problem with karma farming. People, and bots, posting in different Reddits, looking for likes. Viral videos, cute cat pics, whatever.

Then when people go looking for advice on buying something, this stranger with all kinds of Reddit credibility can try and steer them to certain products.

Reddit became the authority on a bunch of stuff, and people are trying to game that.

There’s a pretty established history of hostile foreign governments using bot accounts to infiltrate social media or Internet forums to post misinformation or manipulate public opinion in certain ways. Or even just to sew political discord. Honestly, I wouldn’t say it’s 100% impossible that there was one or more forum poster here in the political forum that was really from China or Russia just attempting to sew political discord. Not saying that it definitely happened or pointing fingers at any specific poster, but that’s exactly the sort of thing these governments have been doing for years.

Link to report

Last edited:
I wonder if this site has been scraped yet for AI training. And if it has how long until "shuke" becomes a standard verb and inducted into the dictionary?
When ChatGPT starts ending it's responses with "GLLLL Peas" we will know it is the beginning of the end.
The phrase "GLLLL Peas" is likely a variation of the popular gamer slang "GLHF," which stands for "Good Luck, Have Fun." It's a courteous and friendly expression often used at the beginning of multiplayer online games to wish opponents or teammates well before starting a match. The addition of the repeated letter "L" in "GLLLL" might be a playful or exaggerated way of extending the well-wishes. "Peas" is a humorous misspelling or abbreviation of "peace," often used as a lighthearted sign-off. So, "GLLLL Peas" essentially means "Good Luck, Have Fun, Peace."
I've never wanted to wish someone a great season as much as I have right now. You can take that to the credit union, guy.

I wouldn’t say it’s 100% impossible that there was one or more forum poster here in the political forum that was really from China or Russia just attempting to sew political discord.

I’ve thought that but spent a ton of time getting to know both sides because until 2016, I was on the right and willing to argue positions friendly to the right. Through that, I got to know a bunch of people via PMs and friendliness whereupon bits of personal information difficult to fake would arise. After 2016, I dissented and drifted what one would call leftward and had the same thing happen with people on the other side of the spectrum.

I can report that unless somebody in America is being paid by Turkey or Russia, and it is a recent development, I really doubt it. The main contentious people on the board on both sides are arguing passionately and I don’t think anybody is performing under the aegis of anybody nefarious.

That is just my opinion, but I have spent the better part of ten years on this site logging countless hours here. Whether it’s contact with the parties from the SP or just in casual conversation, I just honestly doubt that has happened.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say it’s 100% impossible that there was one or more forum poster here in the political forum that was really from China or Russia just attempting to sew political discord.

I’ve thought thought that but spent a ton of time getting to know both sides because until 2016, I was on the right and willing to argue positions friendly to the right. Through that, I got to know a bunch of people via PMs and friendliness whereupon bits of personal information difficult to fake would arise. After 2016, I dissented and drifted what one would call leftward and had the same thing happen with people on the other side of the spectrum.

I can report that unless somebody in America is being paid by Turkey or Russia, and it is a recent development, I really doubt it. The main contentious people on the board on both sides are arguing passionately and I don’t think anybody is performing under the aegis of anybody nefarious.

That is just my opinion, but I have spent the better part of ten years on this site logging countless hours here. Whether it’s contact with the parties from the SP or just in casual conversation, I just honestly doubt that has happened.
I don't know if I agree with your point here, but I get it. Love you buddy.

I don't know if I agree with your point here, but I get it. Love you buddy.

Thanks, GB. Love ya back. Thanks for writing and establishing personal contact even back when our politics were more contentious. We’re all mostly (mostly) hoping for similar things, we just disagree on how to get there at times.

It’s also quite possible I’m incorrect and using my judgment as infallible would be a horrible mistake. To use one’s own perceptions as ironclad law is unwise. I’m just combing through everyone I can think of, and I have a hard time coming up with disinformation. It’s an opinion and should be taken as such.

Just seems so odd.

And definitely new.
Reddit has a big problem with karma farming. People, and bots, posting in different Reddits, looking for likes. Viral videos, cute cat pics, whatever.

Then when people go looking for advice on buying something, this stranger with all kinds of Reddit credibility can try and steer them to certain products.

Reddit became the authority on a bunch of stuff, and people are trying to game that.

Thanks. I can see how that would make sense. I wonder if that's what's happening here.

Whoa,
It’s also quite possible I’m incorrect and using my judgment as infallible would be a horrible mistake. To use one’s own perceptions as ironclad law is unwise. I’m just combing through everyone I can think of, and I have a hard time coming up with disinformation. It’s an opinion and should be taken as such.

All we are is dust in the wind dude

I also can see how the bots (if there were more human like) would be a benefit to the forum from the angle of providing more good conversation. If there were bots that would answer "who do I start" questions, that would be a benefit to the board and probably attract people.

There is a whole culture out there about bots and how to use them for profit. The following video is WAY over my head, but it gives you the basic idea of how people are using bots for profit.

Slippage Swapping with AI bots

Also, there is a forum just on marketing, which in the past couple of years has evolved into helping others with using the new AI for marketing and data mining:

Warrior forum

I don't believe either links will shed light on the subject being discussed in this thread, per se. Just a couple of links into how this subject has morphed into a juggernaut inside a span of mere years.

Users who are viewing this thread