What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank Gore Concussed (1 Viewer)

LILB811

Footballguy
Uh Oh

Running back Frank Gore said today he still has a "bad" headache from a concussion sustained late in Monday night's game against the Cardinals.

Gore did not practice Wednesday, and he is not expected to practice today, either. The 49ers are scheduled to practice from 1:45 to 3:45 p.m. The 49ers listed Gore's condition as "neck" on Wednesday's official injury report.

When asked on what play he sustained the concussion, Gore said, "On that play J-Hill caught the ball. I tried to crack back on No. 56 (Cardinals defender Chike Okeafor). We hit head-to-head."

Gore said the last time he sustained a concussion was in a 2006 game against the Lions. Gore rushed for 159 yards - the second-highest of his career - in that game.

If Gore is unable to play, the 49ers would likely go with backup DeShaun Foster as the featured back. Gore ranks third in the NFL with 1,045 yards from scrimmage. He has 728 yards rushing on 159 carries (4.6 average) and has 33 receptions for 317 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. my team is falling apart at the seams.

Will he be forced to sit this week?

If the Rams don't have SJax this week and Gore doesn't play, what the heck is the point of going to this game? To see further proof that Torry Holt has lost a step? Hope for a Singletary meltdown? Watch VD take a stupid penalty for the 3rd week in a row?

If the Rams don't have SJax this week and Gore doesn't play, what the heck is the point of going to this game? To see further proof that Torry Holt has lost a step? Hope for a Singletary meltdown? Watch VD take a stupid penalty for the 3rd week in a row?
I own both Jackson and Gore in my dynasty league...what is the point of life if they don't play this week?

It also seems pretty rare to me for information like this to be released late on Thursday. I seriously have no idea what to say about his chances of playing this week at this point, but I'd have to assume DeShaun Foster would be the go to guy if Frank can't go. Michael Robinson didn't look to great at the goal line Monday.

It would be irresponsible for the 9ers to play him this weekend and risk his health ... I'm going to make a call to the players union.

Ugh... Guess I will have to start Hightower again this week after all... I'm guessing Foster & Robinson would share the load if Gore is out. Head injuries are nothing to mess w/, so I hope he is inactive this week so he is good to go for the stretch run & playoffs

Niners homers, who do you see getting the lions share of the carries this week if Gore sits out?

Must have been at least part of the the reason he wasn't in that last play I would guess.

Bummer for Gore - he'd been playing well.

FBG had the St. Louis D ranked extremely high this week even before this news. Wonder where they'd put them now?

If Gore is out, no problem...

I still have Stephen Jackson and Portis on my team.

Someone please wake me from this nightmare!

lol

The 49ers insist that Frank Gore has a strained neck, not a concussion as Gore told reporters on Thursday.

"He's a football player. He does not know what a concussion is," coach Mike Singletary said as pointedly as ever. "It may feel like a concussion. I talked to (trainer Jeff Ferguson) who is one of the finest trainers in the country." Singletary also said he fully expects Gore to play through the injury. "To me, he's gonna play. He's gonna play." Wow. Playing with injuries is encouraged in the NFL, but it's usually kept behind closed doors. Singletary is probably not going to last long as a head coach.

Source: Sacramento Bee

This latest report is bizarre. I love Frank Gore, but he came into the league with the reputation of not being the sharpest knife in the drawer. Maybe this was just confusion?

lolThe 49ers insist that Frank Gore has a strained neck, not a concussion as Gore told reporters on Thursday."He's a football player. He does not know what a concussion is," coach Mike Singletary said
:popcorn: :lmao: :rant:For what it's worth, I'm glad if this can all be chalked up to simply Gore's stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread