What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Freddy Mitchell (1 Viewer)

Boone22

Footballguy
NFL | F. Mitchell claims he's being blackballed

Mon, 15 May 2006 00:02:33 -0700

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports free agent WR Freddie Mitchell (Chiefs) is still waiting to get back in the league and believes he is being blackballed, but does not believe Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid is a suspect. Mitchell said, "I don't want to say I'm being blackballed, and I know it's not Andy Reid. But somebody is blackballing me. There has to be something going on we don't know about." Mitchell admits his health was a problem last year and said he is working out with Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens in Atlanta. Mitchell doesn't understand why he can't land a job with one of the 32 NFL teams and added, "I mean, you look at my numbers, and they weren't that great. But you need to look further. Check out the percentage of passes I caught compared to the number thrown to me. I guarantee you I rank with the best in the league."

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchell said, "I don't want to say I'm being blackballed, and I know it's not Andy Reid. But somebody is blackballing me. There has to be something going on we don't know about."
The only one who doesn't get it is FredEx. He's blackballing himself.

Imagine what he could have learned from TO...
Seems like he did learn a lot.....about attitude at least.He's TO sans the talent. I love seeing this primadonna fail at every turn.

Imagine what he could have learned from TO...
Seems like he did learn a lot.....about attitude at least.He's TO sans the talent. I love seeing this primadonna fail at every turn.
:goodposting: maybe he should blame his hands for all of this. His hands got all the credit, maybe it is about time they took some of the blame.....

News flash Freddie...you're not good! Oh, you might of been good in HS and college, but not in the NFL. Hopefully you got a degree from UCLA and you can start your own basket weaving shop or something. :rolleyes:

No Freddy it's not a comspiracy. The NFL is being quite open. If you're going to be a dstraction for your team you better be productive come Sunday. Once the mouth exceeds the production the league learns to live without you very quickly.

"I'd like to thank the blackballs"

Seems so weird that terrible WRs get blackballed in this league.

Yes Freddie - you and Ryan Leaf both are being blackballed; just like the Oscars are blackballing Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Mitchell said, "I don't want to say I'm being blackballed... But somebody is blackballing me.
:lmao: Well, that pretty much sums it up and is very analgous with his whole situation.

Check out the percentage of passes I caught compared to the number thrown to me. I guarantee you I rank with the best in the league."
He might want to be careful about rattling off his statistics. He used to get on the sports radio shows and brag about how 70% of his catches were for first downs and how great of a number he thought that was. According to my calculations, the league wide average for WR's is around 76-77%. He doesn't even know what a good statistic is.

If he can't catch a football, why should we expect him to grasp the concept of his NFL mediocrity?

There definately is a conspiracy in the NFL against Fred-X. All 32 teams have come to the conclusion that he is mediocre at best and the only amusing thing about him is that Patty Labelle hair he sports every once in a while. Bring it up at GenCon Freddy!!!!

Check out the percentage of passes I caught compared to the number thrown to me. I guarantee you I rank with the best in the league."
He might want to be careful about rattling off his statistics. He used to get on the sports radio shows and brag about how 70% of his catches were for first downs and how great of a number he thought that was. According to my calculations, the league wide average for WR's is around 76-77%. He doesn't even know what a good statistic is.
I don't know what you all are talking about.He's the greatest 4th-and-26 receiver of all time.

:sarcasm:

Have a good career in Arena II, guy.

backballed? :lmao:

i must admit...he is better than many WR's currently on rosters though

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports free agent WR Freddie Mitchell (Chiefs) is still waiting to get back in the league and believes he is being blackballed, but does not believe Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid is a suspect. Mitchell said, "I don't want to say I'm being blackballed, and I know it's not Andy Reid. But somebody is blackballing me. There has to be something going on we don't know about." Mitchell admits his health was a problem last year and said he is working out with Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens in Atlanta. Mitchell doesn't understand why he can't land a job with one of the 32 NFL teams and added, "I mean, you look at my numbers, and they weren't that great. But you need to look further. Check out the percentage of passes I caught compared to the number thrown to me. I guarantee you I rank with the best in the league."
Please somebody prove this idiot Mitchell wrong.

http://www.footballguys.com/MitcFr00-3.php#gl-20042004 - 22/43 = just over 50%.

2003 - 35/58 = 60%

2002 - 12/22 = just over 50%.

Not "the best in the league" but a lot better than we think. We can all explain the reasons, but his statement isn't totally out of whack.

This is just racism.

You notice what color the ball is?

Yup.

He's contributing to it by using that term.

What he should have said is:

Mitchell said, "I don't want to say I'm being balled, and I know it's not Andy Reid. But somebody is balling me. There has to be something going on we don't know about.

Wake up Freddie. Looks like all 32 teams are balling you.

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports free agent WR Freddie Mitchell (Chiefs) is still waiting to get back in the league and believes he is being blackballed, but does not believe Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid is a suspect. Mitchell said, "I don't want to say I'm being blackballed, and I know it's not Andy Reid. But somebody is blackballing me. There has to be something going on we don't know about."Mitchell admits his health was a problem last year and said he is working out with Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens in Atlanta. Mitchell doesn't understand why he can't land a job with one of the 32 NFL teams and added, "I mean, you look at my numbers, and they weren't that great. But you need to look further. Check out the percentage of passes I caught compared to the number thrown to me. I guarantee you I rank with the best in the league."
When you're having to defend yourself THIS deep, you ain't that good, and you're at a point of just :cry: Get over it, FredEx... you dug your own ditch, and you're not much good. Buh bye :bye:

http://www.footballguys.com/MitcFr00-3.php#gl-20042004 - 22/43 = just over 50%.

2003 - 35/58 = 60%

2002 - 12/22 = just over 50%.

Not "the best in the league" but a lot better than we think. We can all explain the reasons, but his statement isn't totally out of whack.
:goodposting: Maybe he should have tried getting open more. Then maybe he would have had more targets.

Users who are viewing this thread