What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Futurama' given a new future on Comedy Central (1 Viewer)

As you might imagine, this is huge news within the world of voiceovers with many people urging other VO's not to audition so the original cast can be paid what they're worth. Similar to what happened to The Simpsons when they held firm as a group. I don't watch the show but couldn't imagine a whole recast if I was a fan.
So are you gonna audition?
It's in L.A. and you have to be a member of SAG. I also don't know the show and I'm not sure which ones I could try to match, if any. The people who created the roles should get the money that's coming to them. I really don't think I would want anything to do with it. There's always another gig somewhere down the road, karma can be a #####.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Though, they better be better than the horrible movies...

Futurama gets its voices back, according to Canadians

by Noel Murray July 31, 2009

The Toronto Star is reporting that a deal has been struck between Fox and the original voice-cast of Futurama, after a tense negotiation that saw the company threaten to re-cast all the roles. At this moment there's been no official statement from Fox (and many of the showbiz trades have been silent on the news so far), but the Star has a joint statement from Futurama masterminds David X. Cohen and Matt Groening, who say, "We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters." So this news appears to be, if not "official," then at least official enough to celebrate.

The Toronto Star is reporting that a deal has been struck between Fox and the original voice-cast of Futurama, after a tense negotiation that saw the company threaten to re-cast all the roles. At this moment there's been no official statement from Fox (and many of the showbiz trades have been silent on the news so far), but the Star has a joint statement from Futurama masterminds David X. Cohen and Matt Groening, who say, "We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters." So this news appears to be, if not "official," then at least official enough to celebrate.
:shrug: :kicksrock: :clap:

They probably just unleashed the Hypnotoad on them. They're all working for free.

:shrug: :kicksrock: :clap:

OK I know this is going to cause a firestorm but the new episodes are not that good.

I still like them somewhat but they are not the same.

perry147 said:
OK I know this is going to cause a firestorm but the new episodes are not that good.

Wow, I thought they were great....it felt exactly the same to me...like I was watching an old episode, that's all I was really hoping for.

Wow, I thought they were great....it felt exactly the same to me...like I was watching an old episode, that's all I was really hoping for.
:coffee: They haven't missed a beat.
I've gotten several genuine laughs from the new episodes.

:D They haven't missed a beat.
I got to get my laugh meter adjusted.

:missing: They haven't missed a beat.
I got to get my laugh meter adjusted.
Bender (to Amy): You know that floor safe where you keep $10,000? There's $5,000 in there.

So I've been mostly disappointed in the new episodes, but I just caught last week's new one (the Bender/Inspector #5 one) on DVR over the weekend and I thought it was up there with the old classics. The usual good one-liners and pop culture references, plus some clever new insight into the characters and a little bit of sentimentality, just like they had in the best episodes of old and the more recent movies. Two thumbs up.

You can count me in the group that thinks it's still funny, but not as good as it was. It feels like they're trying too hard now. A lot of stuff that used to be more subtle seems way more forced and less funny.

The new episodes vary in quality, but they're pretty awesome in general. I'm so happy this show is back.

It's had a nice run. Most of the newer episodes were weaker than the original run, imo. Two stand out from the recent episodes; "Attack of the Killer App" (the EyePhone ep) and "Reincarnation" where there were 3 different stories, all done in different styles of animation - the best being the 'anime' style. Great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread