What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FWP salty wombs, mute points , and bob wire (1 Viewer)

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is starting this week, are any of you guys starting him over another decent option?
He's not starting. Sounds like he's not even dressing.
Who are you talking about? What is this thread about again?
My fault, I meant Moore. I'd rather not start one of those threads "I'm starting MMoore over ___" I just think Moore might be a decent play against the Gints.
In a ppr league I think he's a great start.

News: The sprained knee that Willie Parker expected to keep him out of action for two weeks will now linger into its fourth week as the Steelers said on their web site that their star rusher is listed as doubtful for Week 8 vs. the Giants. Mewelde Moore will continue to play in his place. "He showed some good things early in the week," said head coach Mike Tomlin. "His participation got more limited as we went on in the week. That's where we are with this thing. We'll continue to take it day to day. Hopefully he will get back to us soon. I know he is champing at the bit and so are we."

:blackdot: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :excited:

News: The sprained knee that Willie Parker expected to keep him out of action for two weeks will now linger into its fourth week as the Steelers said on their web site that their star rusher is listed as doubtful for Week 8 vs. the Giants. Mewelde Moore will continue to play in his place. "He showed some good things early in the week," said head coach Mike Tomlin. "His participation got more limited as we went on in the week. That's where we are with this thing. We'll continue to take it day to day. Hopefully he will get back to us soon. I know he is champing at the bit and so are we."

:shrug: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :link:
ironically that one isn't a misfire - champ 1 (chmp)

v. champed, champ·ing, champs

v.tr.

To bite or chew upon noisily. See Synonyms at bite.

v.intr.

To work the jaws and teeth vigorously.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

To show impatience at being held back or delayed.

:shrug: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :link:

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

interesting...one does learn something new every dayhttp://www.langston.com/English/

If he is starting this week, are any of you guys starting him over another decent option?
He's not starting. Sounds like he's not even dressing.
Who are you talking about? What is this thread about again?
I think it's about some mute guy named Bob.
:shrug: does he have a salty womb?
:link:This thread is too funny. I love the title change

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

interesting...one does learn something new every dayhttp://www.langston.com/English/
The Footballguys Shark Pool - Educating Minds for over a decade

You guys are seriously underestimating Bob Wire. I'm tellin ya, he was a football player when he was still inside the wound. He was champing before he even had a bit. Now, he has a bit, and is my sleeper of the weak. Even his girlfriend Barb told me to play him this week. Don't even go here... he doesn't like that childhood nickname of Bob-O-Link, having been mistaken for a chain link fence when he was a yungin. Oh no, you mess with Bob, and you are gonna bleed.

Here's another one: Kicking him to the curve

I own Torain and Pittman in a ten team redraft, and I thinking about kicking Torain to the curve this week, and here's why:
Kicking him to the curve hey? Hopefully it's not a curve full of "bob wire" that leads to a "salty womb" otherwise this is just a "mute point"lol
My opinion of the intelligence in shark pool has gone WAY down the last 3 days

:fishy: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :shrug:

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

I take it you didn't follow the link and read the part about apostrophes.
Apostrophes

Apostrophes are used to form contractions,

e.g. it's is a contraction of it is as in: It's a lovely day.

Apostrophes are also used to form possessives,

e.g. Joe's is the possessive of Joe as in: Joe's day will come.

But many possessives end in s and don't require an additional apostrophe,

e.g. his as in: His day will come. or its as in: Its day will come.

:unsure: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :lmao:

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

Apostrophes

Watch out the grammar police are out? Wow... :tinfoilhat:

FWIW - FWP practiced today and said his knee felt a lot better and has his burst back. When asked if he was in game shape he laughingly replied that he was a specimen and always in game shape.

I don't know if any salty wombs were licked...

:unsure: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :lmao:

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

Apostrophes

Watch out the grammar police are out? Wow... :thumbdown:
Especially since the site is Footballguys.com. I didn't need an apostrophe. I wasn't trying to use it as a possessive.Unless that isn't what he was referring to, in which case I have no idea what he's talking about.

:popcorn: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :stalker:

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

Apostrophes

Watch out the grammar police are out? Wow... :)
Especially since the site is Footballguys.com. I didn't need an apostrophe. I wasn't trying to use it as a possessive.Unless that isn't what he was referring to, in which case I have no idea what he's talking about.
You should always use a catastrophe if it's a possessive.

Godsbrother said:
FWIW - FWP practiced today and said his knee felt a lot better and has his burst back. When asked if he was in game shape he laughingly replied that he was a Salty specimen and his WOMB is always in game shape.

I don't know if any salty wombs were licked...
Fixed

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

Apostrophes

Watch out the grammar police are out? Wow... :popcorn:
Apostrophes can't be used in web addresses. HTH,

:thumbup: ''I know he is champing at the bit ''...even the coach is adding to this thread :lmao:

v.tr.

v.intr.

Idiom:

champ at the bit

Apostrophes

Watch out the grammar police are out? Wow... :thumbdown:
Apostrophes can't be used in web addresses. HTH,
I don't think Joe and David were going for the possessive either, but thanks anyway.

UPDATE - Polamolu's son was pulled from the Womb yesterday and Willie practiced today, looks good for Monday.

Polamalu, Parker, other starters back in the groove

Saturday, November 01, 2008

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

New father Troy Polamalu will resume his duties as a football player Monday night after his wife gave birth to their first child on Friday.

Polamalu, the Steelers' four-time Pro Bowl free safety, missed practice Friday and today to be with his wife, Theodora. The couple had a son.

Today, Willie Parker went through another practice and should make his first appearance at halfback Monday night in more than a month. He has not played since Sept. 21, when his left knee was sprained.

PLAYER NOTES

—Willie Parker smiled on Thursday after going through his second full day of practice for the first time since his left MCL was sprained Sept. 21.

"I've been waiting to see that," Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "That's a telltale sign, when he starts smiling, he's ready to go."

Unless there's a setback over the next few practices, Parker will play for the first time in more than a month, against the Redskins Monday night in Washington. He was the second-leading rusher in the AFC after two games, both over 100 yards, but has not played in the past four.

Mewelde Moore, however, won't be relegated to the background and, in fact, could get more carries against the Redskins than Parker.

"He's not ready to go out there and play 50 plays," Arians said of Parker. "He thinks he is, which is a real good sign. I hope he feels that way."

:thumbup:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...eelers/home.htm

PLAYER NOTES

—Willie Parker smiled on Thursday after going through his second full day of practice for the first time since his left MCL was sprained Sept. 21.

"I've been waiting to see that," Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "That's a telltale sign, when he starts smiling, he's ready to go."

Unless there's a setback over the next few practices, Parker will play for the first time in more than a month, against the Redskins Monday night in Washington. He was the second-leading rusher in the AFC after two games, both over 100 yards, but has not played in the past four.

Mewelde Moore, however, won't be relegated to the background and, in fact, could get more carries against the Redskins than Parker.

"He's not ready to go out there and play 50 plays," Arians said of Parker. "He thinks he is, which is a real good sign. I hope he feels that way."

:football:

Irregardless, he'll be ready.

BustedKnuckles said:
PLAYER NOTES

:lmao:

Willie, are you a stud or just happy to see me?Is it going to be 6 for one a TD for the other?

BustedKnuckles said:
PLAYER NOTES

:hey:

Willie, are you a stud or just happy to see me?Is it going to be 6 for one a TD for the other?
Cut it in half & double it.

Users who are viewing this thread