What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W1 - Detroit V Atlanta (1 Viewer)

I knew when almost everyone said TJones and Bowe FOR Turner was too much something was right - my FF hunches and intellect were going to be correct

:goodposting:

Overlooked so far in the Ryan/Turner talk, ATL D is looking pretty decent, considering the rookies.

Of course, DET scores right when I type that.

Kitna ragin on the sidelines. Yelling at/with? the RB coach. Rudi was in there in the red zone, Kitna blew up after one Rudi play, and Smith came back in to finish the drive off with a TD.

Turner > LT
In general NO. But, Marty S said that he was the best RB (including LT2) he has ever seen at presenting the smallest target for a tackler. Meaning extra yards and less injuries.I'm mostly surprised at how good the Atlanta offensive line is playing.

wow, Atlanta is letting them make a game out of this.
Never forget, Atlanta stinks (and this is coming from a Falcons fan).Kidding aside, I've liked what Atlanta has done - the coaching staff has brought a toughness to them - something we've desperately needed on both lines. We lack the talent at this point, but I'm willing to give them a chance to develop Ryan and hopefully bring in some taller corners.

Falcons stopped running the ball and the Lions are picking on the Falcons short corners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad mistakes at the end of the half. Ryan should have taken the sack instead of trying to get the ball to Norwood on that second down as Detroit had no timeouts and they could have walked into the half with a 14 point advantage. Two incomplete passes in a row helped Detroit big time.

The second was going up to stop Williams on the TD. Let him catch it and shove his butt out of bounds. No catch under new rules. Sideline is your friend, use it. Wasn't that the rookie who should be used to that rule too?

The drives keep stalling with Norwood on 3rd downs. Guy just isn't looking nearly as electric as Turner. Just leave Turner in there for 3 downs and move the chains...

The drives keep stalling with Norwood on 3rd downs. Guy just isn't looking nearly as electric as Turner. Just leave Turner in there for 3 downs and move the chains...
... He had 2 good runs and scored a TD this drive.

that was a pretty impressive drive by Detroit. finally mixing it up and seem to have found a rhythm. probably too little too late...but good to see.

Kevin Smith looks good. he's got some moves and power.

Users who are viewing this thread