What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W10 - Dallas V Green Bay (1 Viewer)

He was also past the line of scrimmage on the throw but they missed it.
I don't think he was completely over the line, even though he was most of the way over. Kinda like McNabb last week.That doesn't look like much of a fumble.
Yeah, I don't know the rule. His front foot and the ball were both over the line, but his back foot was still behind it. I think the rule might be that both feet must be over. It sure doesn't make a whole lot of difference though.

Our wonderful special teams....good run back...penalty...fumble created by the punter...challenge....and the way its been going this year...I doubt we win the challenge.

I don't think he was completely over the line, even though he was most of the way over. Kinda like McNabb last week.That doesn't look like much of a fumble.
Yeah, I don't know the rule. His front foot and the ball were both over the line, but his back foot was still behind it. I think the rule might be that both feet must be over. It sure doesn't make a whole lot of difference though.
I think nobody knew the rule until that SNF game last year when Coughlin won a challenge

WHole body must be over the line.His big toe can be behind the line and its legal.

I think nobody knew the rule until that SNF game last year when Coughlin won a challenge
Really, nobody? I have no idea which game you are even talking about.

nice to see no penalty on a run play for the packers :) (although I think there was a hold)

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe the rule book is pinnedDoesn't matter if every part of his body is over the line if his throwing arm is behind itSEE Manning, Eli circa 2008
Correct on the rule. And like I said, his throwing arm and the ball were past the LOS when he threw the ball.
is throwing over the LOS a loss of down penalty?
Yes.

Peter King saying this line is as good as Indy's was an awful thing to put in writing. I have yet to see a clean blitz pickup by this line. They all seem to panic in pressure.

Believe the rule book is pinnedDoesn't matter if every part of his body is over the line if his throwing arm is behind itSEE Manning, Eli circa 2008
Correct on the rule. And like I said, his throwing arm and the ball were past the LOS when he threw the ball.
is throwing over the LOS a loss of down penalty?
entire body has to be over the line. Romo wasnt completely over the line

GB's line is not great but Rodgers does alot of it himself as well. The man holds onto the ball waaaaaaaay to long. If you are looking at at a blitz you have to throw in 2-3 seconds not hold it. Rodgers is just as much to blame as his oline is.

GB's line is not great but Rodgers does alot of it himself as well. The man holds onto the ball waaaaaaaay to long. If you are looking at at a blitz you have to throw in 2-3 seconds not hold it. Rodgers is just as much to blame as his oline is.
Granted you can't make a quick throw when you have a 3 step drop and the center gets knocked back into you. He does hold onto the football too long but he also doesn't have room to step up and throw.

I don't know about that facemask penalty on Harris. It looked like Choice was spinning and Harris's hand just glanced over the helmet.

Quote:

To get Williams the Cowboys gave up their first-round pick, third-round pick, and a sixth-round pick

Quote:

Williams has caught only 14 of 37 passes thrown his way this season. Only four receivers in the league who have been targeted at least 25 times have caught a lower percentage of passes aimed at them.

Quote:

In 16 games with the Cowboys, Williams has produced 33 catches for 447 yards and three touchdowns.

Quote:

Roy's catch % by year (and QB):

2004: 45.8% (Harrington, who completed 56% of his passes)

2005: 47.9% (Harrington & Garcia, 58%)

2006: 54.3% (Kitna, 62%) <-- Mike Furrey caught 67.1% of his passes by the way

2007: 60.6% (Kitna, 63%) <-- Furrey at 67.8%, Shaun McDonald at 62.2%

2008: 43.9% (mostly Orlovsky at 56%, then Romo at 61%)

2009: 37.8% (Romo, 60%)

Users who are viewing this thread