What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W10 - Dallas V Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Quote:To get Williams the Cowboys gave up their first-round pick, third-round pick, and a sixth-round pickQuote:Williams has caught only 14 of 37 passes thrown his way this season. Only four receivers in the league who have been targeted at least 25 times have caught a lower percentage of passes aimed at them.Quote:In 16 games with the Cowboys, Williams has produced 33 catches for 447 yards and three touchdowns.Quote:Roy's catch % by year (and QB):2004: 45.8% (Harrington, who completed 56% of his passes)2005: 47.9% (Harrington & Garcia, 58%)2006: 54.3% (Kitna, 62%) <-- Mike Furrey caught 67.1% of his passes by the way2007: 60.6% (Kitna, 63%) <-- Furrey at 67.8%, Shaun McDonald at 62.2%2008: 43.9% (mostly Orlovsky at 56%, then Romo at 61%)2009: 37.8% (Romo, 60%)
To be fair to Roy, you would expect a quarterback's completion percentage to be better than the completion percentage on throws to his wideouts because the throws to the running backs and tight ends are usually much safer, with the sacrifice of potential yardage. Guys like Furrey in particular seem to run more of the safe short routes, while I think Roy would do more of the deep routes in Detroit. Clearly Roy has dropped some balls, but I don't think that tells the whole story.

Quote:To get Williams the Cowboys gave up their first-round pick, third-round pick, and a sixth-round pickQuote:Williams has caught only 14 of 37 passes thrown his way this season. Only four receivers in the league who have been targeted at least 25 times have caught a lower percentage of passes aimed at them.Quote:In 16 games with the Cowboys, Williams has produced 33 catches for 447 yards and three touchdowns.Quote:Roy's catch % by year (and QB):2004: 45.8% (Harrington, who completed 56% of his passes)2005: 47.9% (Harrington & Garcia, 58%)2006: 54.3% (Kitna, 62%) <-- Mike Furrey caught 67.1% of his passes by the way2007: 60.6% (Kitna, 63%) <-- Furrey at 67.8%, Shaun McDonald at 62.2%2008: 43.9% (mostly Orlovsky at 56%, then Romo at 61%)2009: 37.8% (Romo, 60%)
To be fair to Roy, you would expect a quarterback's completion percentage to be better than the completion percentage on throws to his wideouts because the throws to the running backs and tight ends are usually much safer, with the sacrifice of potential yardage. Guys like Furrey in particular seem to run more of the safe short routes, while I think Roy would do more of the deep routes in Detroit. Clearly Roy has dropped some balls, but I don't think that tells the whole story.
That's just one of a few points illustrating how much he sucks. For a more direct comparison, refer to the first point.

What a throw by Rodgers to Lee.
Great throw...very good one to Jennings on the other long 3rd down conversion.Kind of a shot to some who say Rodgers only throws when guys are wide open (cue someone asking me for a link to that coming).

Green Bay has made the classic mistake of completely dominating a team, more than double the rushing yardage, more than double the passing yardage, 3+ times as many first downs (Dallas has 4 in the whole game), dominated time of possession, obviously...

... and only leading by 3, about to improve that though.

He was also past the line of scrimmage on the throw but they missed it.
Believe the rule book is pinnedDoesn't matter if every part of his body is over the line if his throwing arm is behind itSEE Manning, Eli circa 2008
Correct on the rule. And like I said, his throwing arm and the ball were past the LOS when he threw the ball.
is throwing over the LOS a loss of down penalty?
entire body has to be over the line. Romo wasnt completely over the line
not what I was getting at. I was going to point out that it is pointless to even discuss it because it would have been declined, but I wasnt sure if it was a loss of down penalty.It would have been accepted if it was called so the debate is relevant although only for a few yards difference.

Green Bay has made the classic mistake of completely dominating a team, more than double the rushing yardage, more than double the passing yardage, 3+ times as many first downs (Dallas has 4 in the whole game), dominated time of possession, obviously...... and only leading by 3, about to improve that though.
yeah if they score here it will be because the cowboys are carrying them down the field with penalties :lmao:

It is no wonder Jennings is struggling. He isn't even on the field for half the plays. When he is, he only lines up in the slot. Can you say WR4?

Horrible challenge...not the kind of game you wanna be throwing away a t.o. - cripes, they got what, 2 feet to punch it in?

Troy...its McCarthy...no need to question what he saw...it likely was a cheeseburger or something. Or maybe a maintenance man.

Stupid challenge McCarthy. It looked like Nelson got it in live, but on the replay it sure looked like the official spotted it correctly. Don't you have any faith in your offense to score from the 1 anyway? I'm guessing you're accounting for after you go shotgun and empty backfield on this next play and the sack that will result. Now you're going to be down a timeout and won't be able to challenge for the rest of the game.

is it me or is Scandrick the worst tackler ever? Jeezus this game has been frustrating. There is no way the D has much left in the tank.

It's Romo time.

Time to prove if he is the Jedi many around here like to believe he is.

As many like to say, this is where the rubber meets the road.

OMG, did the Packers just score a TD and then NOT follow it up by giving up a kickoff return to midfield or beyond? I'm stun.

CIN-PITT - I'll kick you for it

DAL-GB - Just think, we could both end up as NFC playoff teams...I know, right?

NE-IND - Hope springs eternal...

Friggin best paper matchups day all year has been a snoozefest so far.

Users who are viewing this thread