What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W4 - Green Bay v Minnesota (1 Viewer)

It was a mistake to go for it. And I say that even if they had made it. There's 17 minutes left in the game, you don't have to have a TD there, but you do need to cut into the lead. Now you're left with nothing. Take the points.
You can't say there are left with nothing until after this Vikes drive IMO. Could be left with great field position.

Packers think they are playing the Madden video game today, have to take the points when they are available. If the Vikings win by three, Mcarthy is going to look like a fool.

Hate it....one measley yard, if your team cant pound out one yard then forfeit and go home. Just pound it.

It was a mistake to go for it. And I say that even if they had made it. There's 17 minutes left in the game, you don't have to have a TD there, but you do need to cut into the lead. Now you're left with nothing. Take the points.
Respectfully disagree. The play was there, the catch wasn't. Defense isn't stopping anyoneAnd if they do stop them, they should get good FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible play calling there IMO. If you can't gain half a yard on two plays running the ball you don't deserve to win. I don't care how good the defense is.
If Lee catches the ball, it's a TD. they don't get more than 6 points for running it in like manly men.

Even with a FG it's still a two-score game, and you give the Vikings a long field. The problem is, now the Pack has to prove they can play defense.

The Packers have actually moved the ball up and down the field on the Vikings. They have even picked up several 3rd and longs. They just beat themselves too much. There defense also looks clueless.

Respectfully disagree. The play was there, the catch wasn't. Defense isn't stopping anyoneAnd if they do stop them, they should get good FP.
The play wasnt' there. It was his 4th - 5th read. He's just lucky his O line held up long enough for him to get to it.

Aren't these supposed to be the best coaches in football?If you are gonna go for it, have the dang play, and don't waste a timeout. So stupid. And you see it every week.
Yeah in theory, but somehow TT became a GM and he hired McCarthy.
It isn't limited to this game, or this team. I know you have a thing for TT (that no one here could care less about), but this is an NFL thing. Every week, it's unreal.
I know, and I agree completely. Despite my thing for TT, I see these mind-blowing mistakes by countless teams every year as well. It's just a good marketing job of people making us think so-called GM's and coaches are "experts" where as in reality they aren't any smarter (and often dumber) than the rest of us. Yet we get paid average salaries while they make millions, while we scream at the TV about the completely obvious mistakes they are making. Life is fair.

You're left with your opponent playing from the 1-yard line. There is value in that.
It was a great call. The Pack had the TD - Lee dropped it. The O line did their job, Rodgers did his, Lee had it in his hands.

Wow, Peterson's value dropped big time tonight. Looks like they are going to be a passing oriented team.
I think it's just the circumstances of this game. They've got the Pakcers defense completely confused and they're allowing Favre to have his moment in the sun. Against a team with a pass rush and a secondary Peterson would be business as usual.

The play wasnt' there. It was his 4th - 5th read. He's just lucky his O line held up long enough for him to get to it.
But it was there, and those plays validate the call. Right now they are tearing through the Packers. If he catches that pass and they score, the game is close. Now they are in trouble. Dropped ball changes everything.

Wow, Al Harris and every Packer attempting to pass rush should be fined for this putrid performance.

It always amazes me that Peterson owners will complain that he doesn't get enough touches.
Wow, Peterson's value dropped big time tonight. Looks like they are going to be a passing oriented team.
:violin:
Yeah, 19 Peterson carries and 24 pass attempts heading into the 4th....
YOu can also cite Peterson's dramatic decline in production the last three games to make the point more clear.

I know plenty of people crap on Favre, and I used to as well; but if you accept that Favre got injured mid-season last year, he's actually been a Top 5 QB in both record and stats when healthy over the past three seasons. And that pains me to say that.

Al Harris, terrible game. Favre knew something and is picking on him.
Yeah, he doesn't look good. I love it when he waves his hands to make us think that he was expecting help over the top. He was burned so badly & so quickly that the safety wouldn't have had time to get there anyway.

It always amazes me that Peterson owners will complain that he doesn't get enough touches.
:violin:
Yeah, 19 Peterson carries and 24 pass attempts heading into the 4th....
YOu can also cite Peterson's dramatic decline in production the last three games to make the point more clear.
Just because he isn't a good a fantasy player as you would like doesn't mean he isn't getting plenty of opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread