What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W5 - Cincinnati V Dallas (1 Viewer)

Good pressure by the Bengals, Cowbys punt for the 2nd time in the quarter....good punt and coverage by Jenkins.

I'm going to lose it if Dallas continues to not pressure Palmer. The guy has great difficulty throwing on the run but if left in the pocket, he can hurt you.

Huge embarrassment if Dallas loses this game. I'm officially worried.
For some reason, Cinci has played the nfc east tough so far. They should have beaten the Giants in regulation if M. Lewis knew how to manage a clock at the end of a game.Dallas ball around midfield, it would be nice to get a big play here as the crowd's now into the game a bit.

I'm a huge Tony Romo fan but he's got to play better. He's being careless with the ball IMO this year. He makes some great plays and Dallas can't win without him but he needs to be better if Dallas is going to take another step. Whether it be an INT, a fumble or whatever, I'm not seeing the dire importance of holding onto the ball.Tough call for Cinci and anyone who started Perry, that call was ticky tack.......should be a TD Bengals and Perry.
Terrible throw Romo.

Owens back to his glorious 2/3 catches a game routine. yay. POS.Can this alleged top WR just not get separation from defenders any more or what?
TD, TO baby! Nothing alleged about it.
Cincy is doing what Washington did, which is keep a safety up top on him. Once again Wittin is the beneficiary, and it's also not a coincidence that TO gets loose for a long TD on a play where Cincy brings a blitz.

Owens back to his glorious 2/3 catches a game routine. yay. POS.Can this alleged top WR just not get separation from defenders any more or what?
Foot...meet mouth.There is no one in the league faster than Owens when he has the ball in his hands.

Cincy is doing what Washington did, which is keep a safety up top on him. Once again Wittin is the beneficiary, and it's also not a coincidence that TO gets loose for a long TD on a play where Cincy brings a blitz.
And the 2nd week in a row that nobody but Owens and Witten cn really do anything in the passing game. Crayton needs to get his head out of his ###.

And the 2nd week in a row that nobody but Owens and Witten cn really do anything in the passing game. Crayton needs to get his head out of his ###.
Well, at least Garrett has learned his lesson from last week with the running game. There's about a 3:2 run-pass ratio for the Cowboys this week.

Romo scrambles for a 1st, crucial play. He's the best total package in the NFL, and there's little doubt about it.

There is no one in the league faster than Owens when he has the ball in his hands.
Used to not think this, but I'm now a true believer. :goodposting:
I'll throw Santana Moss out there as a response, but the fact that I'm pointing to a guy who gives up 7+ inches and 50+ lbs. to Owens simply points out what kind of a physical freak TO is.
At a MNF party 3 weeks ago, I had some guy spitting all over himself, when I said T.O. was the 2nd best WR of all time. That was the game where he took over 2nd all-time in TD's, and no way Cris Carter ranks in the discussion.

There is no one in the league faster than Owens when he has the ball in his hands.
I'll throw Santana Moss out there as a response, but the fact that I'm pointing to a guy who gives up 7+ inches and 50+ lbs. to Owens simply points out what kind of a physical freak TO is.
At a MNF party 3 weeks ago, I had some guy spitting all over himself, when I said T.O. was the 2nd best WR of all time. That was the game where he took over 2nd all-time in TD's, and no way Cris Carter ranks in the discussion.
I disagree (I say Moss is clearly second best ever) with you but no way that guy should have spit all over himself. You can certainly make the argument for Owens given his TD totals, big games, and good post-seasons. As for fastest WR with the ball I also think that belongs to Moss as well. But damn TO runs fierce.

Owens back to his glorious 2/3 catches a game routine. yay. POS.

Can this alleged top WR just not get separation from defenders any more or what?
Not what I had in mind but whatever.

I disagree (I say Moss is clearly second best ever) with you but no way that guy should have spit all over himself. You can certainly make the argument for Owens given his TD totals, big games, and good post-seasons. As for fastest WR with the ball I also think that belongs to Moss as well. But damn TO runs fierce.
I might agree with my eyes, but all Moss has to show as an argument is T.O's wasted rookie year as a handicap? Show us the #'s? Titles of any sort are obviously a wash!

31-22, not a great win but a win. The Giants barely beat the Bengals, so it's not like the Bengals aren't capable of showing up and playing a solid game. After watching the Giants today, I don't think they nor their fans are worried now about that narrow victory over the Bengals.

My point being, it's easy to overreact to a single game and if the Cowboys play well in Arizona and other opponents later in the season, we'll forget all about this not so pretty win versus Cinci.

The good thing about it besides the win is I didn't see any major injuries.....that's always a positive.

Looks like Jerry Jones was trying to keep TO happy on the sidelines there. Must stink to have to keep someone's ego happy when your team wins just because 3 or 4 guys were involved more than him in getting it done on offense.

Dallas's secondary has had problems going back to preseason. If this team doesn't fix it, they're not going anywhere this year. I know that not having Newman huts, but come on...the secondary can't cover ANYONE.

not the best game by the Cowboys, but they won. They showed heart at the end which hopefully will stay with them. They also hopefully learned that Felix is a vital component of their offense, they wouldn't have won without him.

Users who are viewing this thread