What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread Wk13 - Houston Texans at Philadelphia Eagles (1 Viewer)

Philadelphia Eagles inactives:

WR Riley Cooper

CB Asante Samuel

DB Brandon Hughes

OT Austin Howard

DL Juqua Parker

OG Reggie Wells

TE Garrett Mills

QB Mike Kafka (3rd QB)

Chad Hall will be the 4th WR for the Eagles

Texans inactives:

QB Matt Leinart

WR Dorin Dickerson

TE Owen Daniels

TE Anthony Hill

OG Kasey Studdard

OG Shelley Smith

DE Jesse Nading

LB Xavier Adibi

OD out again - another plus for Dreessen.

Xavier Adibi just can't get "up" in that roster.

All HOU WRs are a go as well (Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter and D. Anderson). Lots of targets for HOU / Schaub. Will the Texans spread out Philly like Chicago did last week?

Time for a pick.

Houston can't stop anyone unless their led by a Rusty QB....

Philadelphia 38

Houston 27

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for a pick.Houston can't stop anyone unless their led by a Rusty QB....Philadelphia 38Houston 27
I like a high scoring affair too, but Asante being out again severely questions their ability to cover the spread, and Houston's WR's. It might be a track meet up and down the field. With the team having the ball last, wins. Hope I'm very wrong.

I don't know who he is but the name Xavier Adidi is pretty ####### sweet!
Xavier AdiBi, LB, from Virginia Tech. He was a monster LB while there. Texans drafted him last year and he's just not stepped up his game enough to be anything beyond an LB5 on a roster - and he's a man without a position. Good talent but hasn't translated.

Time for a pick.Houston can't stop anyone unless their led by a Rusty QB....Philadelphia 38Houston 27
I like a high scoring affair too, but Asante being out again severely questions their ability to cover the spread, and Houston's WR's. It might be a track meet up and down the field. With the team having the ball last, wins. Hope I'm very wrong.
Three simple factors decide this one:1. Third down. Can Philly get off the field?2. Turnovers. Of course.3. Red Zone efficiency. 7 instead of 3 has to be the name of the game. I think Philly contains Foster more than most would expect. Eagles will be AGGRESSIVE tonight, blitzing and forcing quick throws.Mario Williams is the biggest concern for the Eagles.

Xavier AdiBi, LB, from Virginia Tech. He was a monster LB while there. Texans drafted him last year and he's just not stepped up his game enough to be anything beyond an LB5 on a roster - and he's a man without a position. Good talent but hasn't translated.
I think he had an older brother, also from Va Tech, who had a cup of coffee with the Steelers in the late 90s...

Three simple factors decide this one:1. Third down. Can Philly get off the field?2. Turnovers. Of course.3. Red Zone efficiency. 7 instead of 3 has to be the name of the game. I think Philly contains Foster more than most would expect. Eagles will be AGGRESSIVE tonight, blitzing and forcing quick throws.Mario Williams is the biggest concern for the Eagles.
4. Tackling!!!! Need alot of improvement there after Sunday in Chicago. I would think Houston would be smart to pound it with Arian, and try and keep Birds offense off the field. Should be an interesting game.

McCoy has got to be the best all around back I've seen this year.

He put some amazing blocks defenders this year.

Blitz pickup, blocking, pass catching. Only problem I've seen is he tends to just run into the line sometimes rather than cutting to the edge.

I think he had an older brother, also from Va Tech, who had a cup of coffee with the Steelers in the late 90s...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Adibi

McCoy has got to be the best all around back I've seen this year. He put some amazing blocks defenders this year. Blitz pickup, blocking, pass catching. Only problem I've seen is he tends to just run into the line sometimes rather than cutting to the edge.
and he holds the ball like a loaf of bread

Chad Hall trying to vulture, whoda thunkit.
IIRC he did that earlier this year (when DeSean was out). A bit of Danny Woodhead in him.
Agree. Doesn't make it a great call though. Way too many options to have Chad Hall in a wildcat. Not that it mattered in the end.
Kinda like the bears game. They had Celek and Clay Harbor (TE#2) line up as the HB and FB
Not a bad idea, IMHO, to get 2 TEs in the game and get them clean releases to the flats / underneath. Hall's not throwing there, so everyone knows it will be a run. Not sure I've ever seen Hall throw.

Users who are viewing this thread