What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gates tweaks hamstring (1 Viewer)

baronson

Footballguy
TE Gates Tweaks Hamstring In Practice

Jay Paris, North County Times - [Full Article]

TE Antonio Gates tweaked his hamstring during Thursday's practice, though the injury wasn't considered serious. It did however force him out of practice.

YIKES. someone give a heads up on news if he practiced today? i realize it's still early...

TE Gates Tweaks Hamstring In PracticeJay Paris, North County Times - [Full Article]TE Antonio Gates tweaked his hamstring during Thursday's practice, though the injury wasn't considered serious. It did however force him out of practice. YIKES. someone give a heads up on news if he practiced today? i realize it's still early...
:shock:

OMG...he tweaked his hamstring.....I guess I won't start the #1 TE in HP PPR this week. I guess my playoff life will hinge on Some scrub I will pick up. :cry:

Relax Gates owners. :D

OMG...he tweaked his hamstring.....I guess I won't start the #1 TE in HP PPR this week. I guess my playoff life will hinge on Some scrub I will pick up. :cry:

Relax Gates owners. :D
thanks. that was really helpful. as you've been such a gracious helping hand so far, would you mind terribly if you took a look at my assistant coach post?? only if it's not too much trouble...http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=294001

Last edited by a moderator:
Todem said:
OMG...he tweaked his hamstring.....I guess I won't start the #1 TE in HP PPR this week. I guess my playoff life will hinge on Some scrub I will pick up. :cry: Relax Gates owners. :D
I don't think there was any suggestion of not starting him.This is a forum for news. If you do not want the news that is fine, but getting this kind of information is why the Shark Pool exists.Thanks for the story, baronson - good job.

Todem said:
OMG...he tweaked his hamstring.....I guess I won't start the #1 TE in HP PPR this week. I guess my playoff life will hinge on Some scrub I will pick up. :cry: Relax Gates owners. :D
I don't think there was any suggestion of not starting him.This is a forum for news. If you do not want the news that is fine, but getting this kind of information is why the Shark Pool exists.Thanks for the story, baronson - good job.
:goodposting: I'm wondering how old he is. :mellow:

From Friday's injury report (where Gates was listed as probable):

Listed players who did not participate in ''team'' practice:(Defined as missing any portion of 11-on-11 team work)WED Kris Dielman; Keenan McCardell; Luis Castillo; Malcom Floyd;Randall Godfrey; Clinton Hart; Michael Turner; Bhawoh JueTHURS Luis Castillo; Keenan McCardell; Randall Godfrey; Bhawoh JueFRI Malcom Floyd; Randall Godfrey; Keenan McCardell; Eric Parker
So Gates apparently didn't miss any of the 11-on-11 work at all this week.

Listed players who did not participate in ''team'' practice:(Defined as missing any portion of 11-on-11 team work)WED Kris Dielman; Keenan McCardell; Luis Castillo; Malcom Floyd;Randall Godfrey; Clinton Hart; Michael Turner; Bhawoh JueTHURS Luis Castillo; Keenan McCardell; Randall Godfrey; Bhawoh JueFRI Malcom Floyd; Randall Godfrey; Keenan McCardell; Eric Parker
So what's the deal with Parker now ?!?!Can we get the Chargers a bye week here please?

So what's the deal with Parker now ?!?!Can we get the Chargers a bye week here please?
Given your next opponent is the Broncos, and given the Donkeys' injury situation, I don't know why you are complaining about needing rest - every team is banged up this tijme of year.

Given your next opponent is the Broncos, and given the Donkeys' injury situation, I don't know why you are complaining about needing rest - every team is banged up this tijme of year.
Sorry Levin, didn't know we needed your permission to be unahappy that our favorite team's had major injury problems since about week 6, that there seems to be no abatement and that guys who weren't even on the report are suddenly not practicing. Oh yeah, the Jaguars, Texans and Skins have no one worse off than probable, and the Cowboys list no injuries this week - so much for your "every team" hypothesis eh? Thnx Info!

Gr00vus said:
Marc Levin said:
Sorry Levin, didn't know we needed your permission to be unahappy that our favorite team's had major injury problems since about week 6, that there seems to be no abatement and that guys who weren't even on the report are suddenly not practicing. Oh yeah, the Jaguars, Texans and Skins have no one worse off than probable, and the Cowboys list no injuries this week - so much for your "every team" hypothesis eh? Thnx Info!
Ease up there, killer. All I'm saying is the team with the bigger injury probs in this game is the Broncos and it is typical for teams to have a big injury report in early December.I didn't jump down your throat, so there's no need to get all pissy with me.

Gr00vus said:
Marc Levin said:
Ease up there, killer. All I'm saying is the team with the bigger injury probs in this game is the Broncos and
Not really.

After all that banter, does anyone see Gates not starting this weekend?

The tweak reported on Thursday is the only thing I've heard or seen... He practiced Friday, right? Just making sure...

Everybody is overreacting...probable means 75 percent chance of playing.
but that 25% is really SCARY man...hes the best te in the league and now is banged up during the MOST important part of the SEASON.i might start vincent jackson. he seems to be the only healthy option... :pics:

I'll agree with that, but if I were a Gates owner...I'd be more worried that he could really pull it. If it's tweeked it, he could really pull it much easier. So, week 14 is not a biggie if he plays it's just a matter of does he really hurt it during the game?

I'll agree with that, but if I were a Gates owner...I'd be more worried that he could really pull it. If it's tweeked it, he could really pull it much easier. So, week 14 is not a biggie if he plays it's just a matter of does he really hurt it during the game?
My thoughts exactly. I would not be surprised to see DEN throw the kitchen sink at stopping LT as well as pressuring Rivers on most every play as Gates may not be as explosive off the line of scrimmage. Only time will tell.

My thoughts exactly. I would not be surprised to see DEN throw the kitchen sink at stopping LT as well as pressuring Rivers on most every play as Gates may not be as explosive off the line of scrimmage. Only time will tell.
Not the first time tewams have thrown the kitchen sink at LT. Doesn't really affect him though....

Gr00vus said:
Marc Levin said:
So what's the deal with Parker now ?!?!

Can we get the Chargers a bye week here please?
Ease up there, killer. All I'm saying is the team with the bigger injury probs in this game is the Broncos and it is typical for teams to have a big injury report in early December.I didn't jump down your throat, so there's no need to get all pissy with me.
Honestly I don't understand why you bothered to make the comment at all. Not only was it incorrect, it didn't address my question, and didn't add any information. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but that's how it came off to me at least.And the Chargers have many more injury concerns than the Broncos, so you're flat out wrong there too. Sure other teams have some guys on the injury report, but most of them don't involve a healthy proportion of the team's starters as the Chargers' do, and it's something the Chargers have had to deal with all year long. Forgive me for expressing some exasperation at that.

Hell it's gotten so bad the Chargers are working out Cletis Gordon at receiver because they're so short at receiver due to injury. Cletis is a backup cornerback. So again I'd appreciate a little leeway for grousing about injuries - I feel it's somewhat justified.

No more news on Gates yet.

I'll take a 75 percent Gates over a 100 percent Vincent Jackson or any other TE in the NFL.
If Gates actually has only a 75 percent chance of playing, I don't think people are overreacting at all. I believe it's probably more like 95 percent, however. (At least.)Also, Vincent Jackson is not a tight end.(I know that "probable" is supposed to mean around 75 percent. But I'm guessing if you looked at everyone who's been listed as probable on an injury report so far this year, at least 95 percent of them have played.)

Not sure if anyone has updated or not but FWIW, The Fanball guys said Gates didn't practice Fri. on their radio show this morning. No link or any other confirmation.

Not sure if anyone has updated or not but FWIW, The Fanball guys said Gates didn't practice Fri. on their radio show this morning. No link or any other confirmation.
The Fanball show is entertaining but the info is sloppy, and their advice often borders on the abysmal.

So again I'd appreciate a little leeway for grousing about injuries - I feel it's somewhat justified.
I understand - sorry if you thought I was shutting down your thought.OTOH, I never told you not to post you complaint.I am with others here - if I were a Gates owner I'd be worried about aggravation of the inury to the point of something serious or limiting. Gates is gonna go all out - the Chargers want this game really badly - haven't sweeped Denver in 26 years and can clinch the division with a win.

The Fanball show is entertaining but the info is sloppy, and their advice often borders on the abysmal.
That may be true, but holding Gates out of practice after tweaking a hammie is probably a smart move.Downplaying the injury before such a big game is also probably a smart move.

That may be true, but holding Gates out of practice after tweaking a hammie is probably a smart move.Downplaying the injury before such a big game is also probably a smart move.
If he had missed any portion of the 11-on-11 work in practice this week, the Chargers would have been required to report it on the injury list.

Here's the latest run-down on the Chargers' injury situations: link. Malcom Floyd is out. Keenan McCardell did not practice Friday and is listed as questionable, but is probably closer to doubtful. That leaves Eric Parker, Vincent Jackson, Kassim Osgood, and Greg Camarillo at WR. CB Cletis Gordon was taking reps at WR just in case.

Randall Godfrey missed part of practice yesterday, and if he plays at all he will rotate with Stephen Cooper.

The rest of the Chargers practiced.

Here's the latest run-down on the Chargers' injury situations: link. Malcom Floyd is out. Keenan McCardell did not practice Friday and is listed as questionable, but is probably closer to doubtful. That leaves Eric Parker, Vincent Jackson, Kassim Osgood, and Greg Camarillo at WR. CB Cletis Gordon was taking reps at WR just in case.

Randall Godfrey missed part of practice yesterday, and if he plays at all he will rotate with Stephen Cooper.

The rest of the Chargers practiced.
:popcorn:

From what I have read, the SD receiver corps. is hurting. Do we dare say that the Gates 'tweaking' may be some gamesmanship by Marty? Force the Doncos to focus on the run game....

If he had missed any portion of the 11-on-11 work in practice this week, the Chargers would have been required to report it on the injury list.
Didn't say he was hurt enough to be "questionable." And he easily could have participated at less than full speed. Pure speculation, just saying.

From what I have read, the SD receiver corps. is hurting. Do we dare say that the Gates 'tweaking' may be some gamesmanship by Marty? Force the Doncos to focus on the run game....
Coaches and teams have been seriously fined for playing around with the injury report.It's one of the reasons Jeff Fisher reports everyone as "questionable" or "out" and nothing in between.

Coaches and teams have been seriously fined for playing around with the injury report.It's one of the reasons Jeff Fisher reports everyone as "questionable" or "out" and nothing in between.
:popcorn:

I hear ya. However, Belichick was certainly messing around with the reports leading up to a few games (Jets, for one).

Users who are viewing this thread