What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

I am sure that if I did a search in this that is over 25 years old now, I may find the moment where Abraham said he would quit watching the NBA if Lebron became a Laker.

I obtained 34.5 hours of professional education in 16.5 hours today, with breaks for football, groceries, and Guitar Center. It's a shame I can't find a way to be better compensated for this level of intellect and skullduggery :kicksrock:

we have two comforters for our bed. one is the backup for when the main gets washed. my wife hates the backup. she would prefer to wash, dry and re-make the bed with the main. she bought the backup, but she hates the backup. so she tried to hide the backup in a rubber tote in our basement.

my oldest has been complaining that her room is cold at night. she sleeps hot so she doesn't like having a comforter. she likes just having sheets. in winter she complains about being cold.

"we" turn the heat down at night so it's even colder than normal.

my wife and daughter argue every day about it being cold in her room.

me, an idiot, is tired of the argument so i, an idiot, took the forbidden comforter out from its hiding spot and gave it to my oldest today.

guess which idiot got an earful this morning?

why? i know why the reaction today. why is the comforter forbidden from use? anyone's guess. but i, an idiot, will not dare to ask such a stupid question because i, an idiot, do not want to endure the convoluted reasoning that only an idiot would not be able to understand anyways.

so instead i'll probably be buying a space heater that will magically disappear before christmas.

Furley's post reminds me that the current FWB's algorithm on her socials keeps showing her ads for the Love Blanket, which is a waterproof blanket designed to protect a couch or bed from being covered in bodily fluids after sex. Their tagline is "she deserves better than a towel." I'll try to dig up the ad later, but they demonstrate it by splashing a big glass of milk on it. At the end of the ad the model wraps up in the fluid-soaked blanket. Any of you looking for a late Christmas gift, I can't see how this could go badly for you.

Furley's post reminds me that the current FWB's algorithm on her socials keeps showing her ads for the Love Blanket, which is a waterproof blanket designed to protect a couch or bed from being covered in bodily fluids after sex. Their tagline is "she deserves better than a towel." I'll try to dig up the ad later, but they demonstrate it by splashing a big glass of milk on it. At the end of the ad the model wraps up in the fluid-soaked blanket. Any of you looking for a late Christmas gift, I can't see how this could go badly for you.

Might have found my white elephant gift

Lmao, a vendor for a company my friend works for sent them a holiday gift, as is custom. It’s a bag of potting mix :lmao: With a note saying something like “looking forward to a growing relationship”.

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. Why would you send someone dirt as a gift?! And to think they paid to ship dirt!

Lmao, a vendor for a company my friend works for sent them a holiday gift, as is custom. It’s a bag of potting mix :lmao: With a note saying something like “looking forward to a growing relationship”.

Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired. Why would you send someone dirt as a gift?! And to think they paid to ship dirt!
No seeds or a pot?

No seeds or a pot?
Perhaps they were sending that but it got lost in the mail. Wait, you only got the soil? We sent a pot and a water can too! And seeds!!!! (Still a crappy gift)

Might have found my white elephant gift
PM @offdee

No seeds or a pot?
This is what my buddy sent me:

Photo

Daniel Tosh has a new podcast/YouTube show where he interviews people that interest him (mostly non-celebrities….like his wife’s gynecologist in the first episode). Great show.

No seeds or a pot?
This is what my buddy sent me:

Photo
I'd dump the bag out into the box, send it back and say "This gift is a bunch of manure"

So overall my job/group is realistically kind of important in the rankings of jobs ......

That being said hearing my new bosses boss speaking to another manager and not understanding the basics of how our system works is a bit terrifying.......

I lost my job after taking too many absences and on top of that experienced a shocking event while on the job too. Experiencing job loss totally sucks because I chose to become an academic librarian. If anyone has some words of advice or encouragement I'm all ears.

So my daughters, best friend’s mother got into a single car accident last night extra drunk, and I had to watch the poor girl deal with it while her mother was in the cop car. it happened just down the street from me. I offered for her and her little sister to stay with us last night but she declined. Just sucks that she has to be the grown-up in the situation. I’m not sure why I’m mentioning it here but it just sucks.

I lost my job after taking too many absences and on top of that experienced a shocking event while on the job too. Experiencing job loss totally sucks because I chose to become an academic librarian. If anyone has some words of advice or encouragement I'm all ears.

Sorry to hear it. Can you provide some context on the 'too many absences' part? Anything else that might have worked against you losing this job?

Sorry to hear it. Can you provide some context on the 'too many absences' part? Anything else that might have worked against you losing this job?
Yeah so the boss believed that my frequent absences impacted productivity leading to the decision for departure. I was dealing with really bad insomnia and switched sleep meds. The meds were finally working but it was too late. My boss insisted that no schedule reduction was possible either.

Users who are viewing this thread