What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Frontman of All Time (1 Viewer)

Just had a moment to think about this. How about a sort of punk rock underdog list?

Iggy Pop

David Johansen

John Lydon

Joey Ramone

Heck, does it get any better than Iggy?

eta* Jello Biafra?
Iggy is terrible.
jackass :thumbdown:
I hate his music and I think he acts like a freak so I am a jackass. Class act you be.
I thought HT was agreeing with you
Perhaps you are correct. But if you are going to call me one, save for one of the times I am being one.

before I even clicked the thread, just off the top of my head my first thought was Steven Tyler.

Mick Jagger is certainly extremely notable though.

As an aside I read the book "walk this way" about the life and times of aerosmith since my first exposure to them was really the MTV era with the Alicia Silverstone videos.... then I went back and celebrated the entire catalog... how are these guys still alive I ask myself... when I read the book over 10-15 years ago I wondered how they were alive.... and they are still alive and kicking... the human body is both unreal and unkind..

Just had a moment to think about this. How about a sort of punk rock underdog list?

Iggy Pop

David Johansen

John Lydon

Joey Ramone

eta* Jello Biafra?
Iggy is terrible.
I hate his music and I think he acts like a freak so I am a jackass. Class act you be.
Perhaps you are correct. But if you are going to call me one, save for one of the times I am being one.
How does asswipe grab you?

said with all due respect of course

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggy Pop

David Johansen

John Lydon

Joey Ramone

eta* Jello Biafra?
Iggy is terrible.
How does asswipe grab you?said with all due respect of course
I doubt if Iggy needs an asswipe after you already licked it clean.

The first to come to my mind:

Jaeger

Mercury

Bono

Plant

Tyler

Daltry

Others not mentioned:

David Byrne

Waters

Cobain

Stipe

Mercury​
Plant​
Morrison​
Daltry​
Jagger​
Roth​
Tyler​
Bono​
Rose​
Springsteen​

Hard to argue with many of the names mentioned, but I did want to add just a couple:

Steve Marriott of Humble Pie (and the Small Faces)

Ian Hunter of Mott the Hoople

Not in the top 3 but in the top 10 for me would be Ronnie James Dio. Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath album which is saying something. And, Dio live is incredible. Guy could sing and hold your attention. Nothing against Ozzy here. Ozzy is in my top 10 too.

As a huge Journey fan, I like the mention of Steve Perry but he gets his due as vocalist. He did not have the stage presence like the other great frontmen mentioned.

DocHolliday said:
Not in the top 3 but in the top 10 for me would be Ronnie James Dio. Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath album which is saying something. And, Dio live is incredible. Guy could sing and hold your attention. Nothing against Ozzy here. Ozzy is in my top 10 too.

As a huge Journey fan, I like the mention of Steve Perry but he gets his due as vocalist. He did not have the stage presence like the other great frontmen mentioned.
Dio live is amazing, vocal wise, but not in the same category as Dickenson performance wise.

Freddie Mercury

David Lee Roth

James Brown

And Kenny Loggins....just because he wrote Danger Zone!

Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Morrissey etc. etc.
The Smiths are one of my favorite bands, but this is a joke
Morrissey has continued to record and tour since the Smiths. HTH.
Yeah I know I bought Viva Hate the day it came out.

A "frontman" fronts a band, not a solo artist, so I don't get your point.

Regardless, Morrissey is not a great frontman in terms of charisma and stage persona which is the measure. He's a good one, but he doesn't take the job of fronting a band to another level like the guys who are being debated here.

DocHolliday said:

Dio live is amazing, vocal wise, but not in the same category as Dickenson performance wise.
Agreed. However, Dio deserves mention since we are throwing names out there. Dio belongs in the second tier.

Users who are viewing this thread