What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gronkowski and Graham (1 Viewer)

Just to add: I won't be touching either next year at the expected price point.
Agreed. I am never taking a tight end that early. I could see my self taking either in the 4th, only if they are there.
You "could see" taking guys who put up 1200+ and 10 TDs (or in Gronk's case 16), where the average player at the position went for 700 and 7, in the 4th round? :rolleyes:
This is my thought also. If they had WR next to there names they would be a no brainer at late first early second.

Just to add: I won't be touching either next year at the expected price point.
Agreed. I am never taking a tight end that early. I could see my self taking either in the 4th, only if they are there.
You "could see" taking guys who put up 1200+ and 10 TDs (or in Gronk's case 16), where the average player at the position went for 700 and 7, in the 4th round? :rolleyes:
This is my thought also. If they had WR next to there names they would be a no brainer at late first early second.
:goodposting: Both put up numbers that would make them top 5 WRs. And the drop off from TE2 (Graham) to TE3 was over 50 points. The WR drop off is far less dramatic.

in a 2PPR per te league with a have to start 1 and an opportunity to start 2, don't see how they make it past mid 2nd round.

I still like Graham more, they funnel all the TE rec's through him, the others have 3 catches total all season... i just think hes going to be more consistent year to year.

Hedo - wouldn't that imply that there is no more upside for graham in catches since he is already getting then? Yes, there is a threat that gronkowski would lose some catches to another tight end but it's no more of a risk then that of Graham not having any more balls to catch.

I like to pick relatively safe selections when I'm drafting in the first couple of rounds. I like to set my teams foundation on two solid guys, then I'll roll the dice on higher upside guys throughout the remainder of the draft.

So I'm curious to know who exactly are the 30+ guys that should be going ahead of these two? (according to those that believe they should be late 3rd or beyond?)

Would you feel better about taking the 29 year olds in Frank Gore and Steven Jackson? How about the 30 year olds in Micheal Turner and Cedric Benson? Feeling great about Mendenhall, McFadden or CJ1K? Think Beanie Wells or Shonn Greene is going to lead you to the title? Those are probably your RB options in RD2.

I think the WR choices in RD2 are much better than the RB choices, but then again, Gronk would be WR2 overall right now, and Graham WR6. (Calvin is WR1, Welker WR3, Nelson WR4 and Cruz WR5.)

Personally, I think they are both slam dunk 2nd rounders.

Only play PPR

Gronk top 15

Graham top 20

Shockingly these guys IMO are still undervalued. (Shouldn't sniff the 3rd round in 12 team leagues). Helluva lot safer than the other options at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only play PPRGronk top 15 Graham top 20 Shockingly these guys IMO are still undervalued. Helluva lot safer than the other options at that point.
I took Graham in the 6th round in the FBGs Survivor league and was scoffed at. Next year he will go in the second or third.

Users who are viewing this thread