What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

help settle a dispute (1 Viewer)

smotherhook

Footballguy
12 team league, 100 entry

issue: trade deadline was posted on front page of league as last sun 11:45 am. the date was not changed from the previous year in rules setup so trades made after thurs were kicked back.

team 1 makes offer on mon. team 2 accepts on sat one day prior to trade deadline.

commish had no cpu or internet on sat. or sun.

commish executed the trade that was agreed on by team 1 and team 2 on mon. commish also posted time/date stamp of offer and acceptance that was clearly prior to deadline.

i am looking for non biased opinions here as a league vote is totally useless.

should the trade be reversed or should it be allowed?

thanks in advance

issue: trade deadline was posted on front page of league as last sun 11:45 am. the date was not changed from the previous year in rules setup so trades made after thurs were kicked back.

team 1 makes offer on mon. team 2 accepts on sat one day prior to trade deadline.

commish executed the trade that was agreed on by team 1 and team 2 on mon. commish also posted time/date stamp of offer and acceptance that was clearly prior to deadline.

thanks in advance
Trade was accepted prior to deadline, it goes through.

If both sides agreed to and completed a trade before the deadline and it was held up because the commish had no access then absolutely it should be processed and if it effected game results for last week those should be adjusted as well.

Not only does the trade be allowed, but if the teams communicated the desire to start anyone involved in the trade, that should be retroactively applied also.

12 team league, 100 entryissue: trade deadline was posted on front page of league as last sun 11:45 am. the date was not changed from the previous year in rules setup so trades made after thurs were kicked back.team 1 makes offer on mon. team 2 accepts on sat one day prior to trade deadline.commish had no cpu or internet on sat. or sun. commish executed the trade that was agreed on by team 1 and team 2 on mon. commish also posted time/date stamp of offer and acceptance that was clearly prior to deadline.i am looking for non biased opinions here as a league vote is totally useless.should the trade be reversed or should it be allowed?thanks in advance
I am trying to figure out what the argument would be to not allow the trade to go through? I see none.

Trade goes through. I struggle to see an argument agaimst it. Same for line up changes communicated prior to kick off. Its one of the beauties of email

I can't even conceive of the argument that it shouldn't go through. It obviously goes through since the trade was made before the deadline. The deadline is for agreement amongst the trading parties not for the commissioner.

Only a complete ####### would think that trade doesn't go through. Make sure the #######s in your league that are arguing against this trade get a link to this thread, so I can personally tell them what #######s they are. TIA

thanks in advance
Trade was accepted prior to deadline, it goes through.
How is there even an issue?

I am guessing the OP lost a game this past weekend due to the retroactive changes and wants to complain somewhere about it. Commish did everything right by posting time stamps and relevant information.

Still wish you would explain the counter argument. For example, is there a defined waiting period for people to veto that wasn't met in time for the trade deadline?

Seems like the only issue here is that the commish wasn't on top of processing the trade, but appears to be no harm no foul.

no retroactive scoring changes were made. just simple unbiased opinions wanted to settle the timeline dispute.
Why doesn't the commissioner simply postpone approving any trades until the deadline has passed. That would be allowed, correct?Given that some of your leaguemates seem to think that a delay on the commissioner's part can put legitimate roster moves into violation of the rules, it follows that the commissioner can legally choose to simply postpone all trade approvals as long as he wants, effectively blocking any trading.

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously by the lack of response the OP was the only guy in his league who felt that b/c the trade was not formally approved prior to the trade deadline that it should not count. He was sure we'd all agree. Now he's kind of mum since everyone here (like everyone in his league) sees it the other way.

i just got off the deer stand. i am the commish and i said that the trade should be good. i had resistance from people within the division of of team 1 and 2. i have blocked one trade in 9 years and i rarely get into values of players/fair trades ect. i knew the people of this website would use common sense and have an unbiased opinion

It's based on when the trade is accepted; not the processing time.

If it were accepted at 12:44 am Sunday and processed Tuesday it would still be fine.

for the record. the trade was holmes for stafford. team 1 lost schaub and team 2 needed a wr and had three qb's.
Holmes for Stafford? Am I missing something here? He gives up a top 5 QB and all he gets is Holmes? Who are his other QBs? Brady and Rodgers? And then to boot, the trade is completed the day AFTER the Sunday games? Which is the day AFTER Stafford threw for 5 TDs, having his highest scoring output of the year. Didn't you say earlier in the thread that no scores were changed? Does that mean that the team that got Stafford, didn't start him?I think that I would be pissed too, If I were playing the team that got Stafford. I mean come on, this is crunch time, with the playoffs on the line. Am I the only one that believes you have the right to know who you are playing BEFORE the games are completed?Now, I'm not saying that anyone cheated, the commish did provide time stamps, which can probably be altered. But it sure does leave room for teams to lose trust. In the league that I run, it is written in the rules that if for any reason, you make a transaction of any kind that is not posted BEFORE the games, you need to post it to the message board, so everyone can see it. And there are NO exceptions!I hope I am missing something, because I find it odd that nobody has a problem with this.As a final note, just to be clear, I have NO problem at all with the trade being approved. My problem is that I believe that rosters should never be changed after the games are played. It's not fair and (Time stamp or no time stamp)opens the door for cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the record. the trade was holmes for stafford. team 1 lost schaub and team 2 needed a wr and had three qb's.
Holmes for Stafford? Am I missing something here? He gives up a top 5 QB and all he gets is Holmes? Who are his other QBs? Brady and Rodgers? And then to boot, the trade is completed the day AFTER the Sunday games? Which is the day AFTER Stafford threw for 5 TDs, having his highest scoring output of the year. Didn't you say earlier in the thread that no scores were changed? Does that mean that the team that got Stafford, didn't start him?I think that I would be pissed too, If I were playing the team that got Stafford. I mean come on, this is crunch time, with the playoffs on the line. Am I the only one that believes you have the right to know who you are playing BEFORE the games are completed?Now, I'm not saying that anyone cheated, the commish did provide time stamps, which can probably be altered. But it sure does leave room for teams to lose trust. In the league that I run, it is written in the rules that if for any reason, you make a transaction of any kind that is not posted BEFORE the games, you need to post it to the message board, so everyone can see it. And there are NO exceptions!I hope I am missing something, because I find it odd that nobody has a problem with this.As a final note, just to be clear, I have NO problem at all with the trade being approved. My problem is that I believe that rosters should never be changed after the games are played. It's not fair and (Time stamp or no time stamp)opens the door for cheating.
team 2 has been playing newton or romo. also there were text messages verifying the trade prior to the deadline. if i would have made retroactive scoring changes there would have been multiple aneurysms in the league.

I'd find an assistant commissioner who does have more access to the internet, one of those fancy new smartphones even.

Users who are viewing this thread